• 10,109,821 Posts
• 404,009 Topics
• 23,071 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some prayers please.  (Read 2171 times)

ronmahony

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • make no mistake, it's a reckoning. Doc Holiday
Need some prayers please.
« on: January 01, 2019, 02:28:33 pm »

Well yíall had a pretty bad last week. A lot of yíall prayed for us back several years ago, my wife had ovarian and breast cancer at the same time. After a lot of radiation and chemo she was declared cancer free. But a couple of weeks later they called her back in, said her kind it could come back a lot worse so she had to go through weekly shots for a year. After that, everything has been fine. Well they found what I am praying is just a begin cyst or something on her other side, on her lymph node. Also one on her stomach. She is having surgery on the 11th.

In the meantime I was told about a year ago I had a bicuspid aortic heart valve and an aneurysm on my aorta, so on the 3rd I go in to the Heart Hospital in Little Rock to get a new valve and the aneurysm repaired. Good news my cousinís daughter is the surgeons surgical nurse, and they say he is the best. Not really looking forward to it but in a way I am. Really messing up my fly-fishing, I get out of breath trying to climb up the river bank, had to quit hunting too. If that isnít enough, my best friend when I was in the service, who I lost track of until we found each other on Facebook a few years ago, still havenít seen , he is from California, and we had a whole bunch of wild times back in the day! He messaged me a couple of days ago, he has bowl cancer, and some kind of mass on his liver and kidney. Just found out, hasnít even seen his doctor yet. He went to the ER and they saw it on a CR. I am hoping and praying it was some kind of mistake. Guys they just donít make no better than James Tadena. Well thatís about it thank God, and I appreciate it. Oh yeah James is a huge San Francisco Giants fan and I actually have him cheering for the Hogs!

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
Re: Need some prayers please.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 02:33:53 pm »

Prayers for good reports and healings!!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

DavidÜ

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 02:35:08 pm »

prayers for you guys

Bubba's Bruisers

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 02:35:23 pm »

Man, I don't even know what to say, brother!  Prayers!

Talk about finding perspective.

a shady hog

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2019, 02:41:56 pm »

My prayers are sent

26.2Hog

• Hogvillian
  • The future ain't what it used to be
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 02:44:18 pm »

Prayers and more prayers.

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2019, 02:46:40 pm »

Prayers. May 2019 be a blessed year for you and your family.

grayhawg

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2019, 02:48:00 pm »

Prayers for you and yours

KGHawgs

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2019, 02:50:06 pm »

Prayers sent. Thanks for allowing us to pray for you.

ranman74

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 02:55:10 pm »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

ranman74

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2019, 02:55:29 pm »

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

oldman1015

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2019, 02:56:04 pm »

Prayers sent.

alohawg

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2019, 03:07:58 pm »

Prayers sent your way.

Hogs7672

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2019, 03:10:04 pm »

I'm so very. All are in my thoughts and prayers.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2019, 03:12:33 pm »

Prayers sent

gmarv

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 03:21:53 pm »

Prayers sent up for you and your family.

Hawgey-Davidson

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2019, 05:26:33 pm »

Prayers for you and yours.

ronmahony

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2019, 05:39:20 pm »

Appreciate it you guys, truly do.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2019, 05:40:44 pm »

Prayers sent for you and your family. God bless.

old_school_hawg

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 02:14:06 am »

It's an understatement to say that's a tough week. Prayers for healing for you, your wife, and friend.

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 05:00:29 am »

Praying for you and yours brotha.

PRJ

hogfanny

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 05:12:29 am »

Appointments with " THE GREAT PHYSICIAN " for you all.

DEVIL DOG HOG

• Grandpa's hayride
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2019, 05:56:38 am »

Praying for complete recovery.

hogfan1981

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2019, 06:47:10 am »

Prayers for you & your wife!!

Hogmatic

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2019, 08:16:39 am »

Praying you up

go hogues

• You're at an eight but we need you at a two.
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2019, 08:39:23 am »

Praying for you guys!

Rockinghog

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2019, 08:42:28 am »

Prayers for a fast recovery and healing for your family.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2019, 08:46:56 am »

Prayers sent

nwahogfan1

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2019, 09:28:38 am »

Prayers sent. 

God is good all the time.

jhogg

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2019, 09:33:10 am »

Well yíall had a pretty bad last week. A lot of yíall prayed for us back several years ago, my wife had ovarian and breast cancer at the same time. After a lot of radiation and chemo she was declared cancer free. But a couple of weeks later they called her back in, said her kind it could come back a lot worse so she had to go through weekly shots for a year. After that, everything has been fine. Well they found what I am praying is just a begin cyst or something on her other side, on her lymph node. Also one on her stomach. She is having surgery on the 11th.

In the meantime I was told about a year ago I had a bicuspid aortic heart valve and an aneurysm on my aorta, so on the 3rd I go in to the Heart Hospital in Little Rock to get a new valve and the aneurysm repaired. Good news my cousinís daughter is the surgeons surgical nurse, and they say he is the best. Not really looking forward to it but in a way I am. Really messing up my fly-fishing, I get out of breath trying to climb up the river bank, had to quit hunting too. If that isnít enough, my best friend when I was in the service, who I lost track of until we found each other on Facebook a few years ago, still havenít seen , he is from California, and we had a whole bunch of wild times back in the day! He messaged me a couple of days ago, he has bowl cancer, and some kind of mass on his liver and kidney. Just found out, hasnít even seen his doctor yet. He went to the ER and they saw it on a CR. I am hoping and praying it was some kind of mistake. Guys they just donít make no better than James Tadena. Well thatís about it thank God, and I appreciate it. Oh yeah James is a huge San Francisco Giants fan and I actually have him cheering for the Hogs!
prayers sent your way

ckhawgu

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 09:39:27 am »

Prayers...

diveplayon4thn20

• Varsity
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2019, 11:34:32 pm »

May God give. you and your wife strength and rhe measure of faith needed to face all that y'all are dealing with. I know it is a hard road but trust in The Great Physician. And prayers out for your friend also, may God be shown mighty in his situation. 

FBREW000

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2019, 11:55:45 pm »

Prayers my friend... Hope all is clear soon for your wife, and your heart surgery goes wonderful and ur up trout fishing in no time.

Hoggish1

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2019, 06:41:15 am »

Ron, Prayers sent!

ronmahony

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2019, 06:30:12 am »

Well just to check in. I made it through but not without complications, had a little trouble with the anesthesia, or a lot! Didnít recognize any of my family, guess I was combative at times. One of the guys came to see me my supposedly last day, turned at the door and said,ĒYOU WAS CRAZY, YOU WAS MEDICINE MAN CRAZY!Ē Lol still not sure what that means. I know I started getting some bad looks from some of the nurses and couldnít understand why.

Finally started hearing the stories, they had me under four point restraint for four days! Hell I guess they thought they had Frankenstein. Finally got to come home last Thursday evening, but by that night I started having problems coughing and choking,and by Friday afternoon they were picking in an ambulance taking me to Baxter Regional. There they scheduled me an ambulance ride through hell back to LRHH. I wonít go into that ride at this time, but suffice to say when I told my daughter about it, she started hollering she was going to take care of it, had to calm her down, man if she was a man she would be double dangerous! So anyhow after the ride, by the time I got here Friday night I was 205/16something with a hundred degree temperature!
Most of that coming from the ride. So the last two-two and a half days it has been breathing treatments followed by antibiotics drips, followed by steroid shots, continuessly. To top it off, just this morning, the day I am supposed to check out, two women nurses and one male nurse have poked me at least 7-8 times trying to draw blood, and the guy who seems like a pretty good guy, or I wouldnít be so calm right now, broke a pin on my watch some how. It is a fossil Razorback watch that my kids got me for Fatherís Day a long time ago. That is just how my week has went. Hopefully by next year I can go to Hogs games again. No way I could make it up the hill, or even part of it. As far as my wife, too early to tell for sure, but it looks good. One of them, the one on her stomach was just a little fatty tumor, the one on her side was solid so they biopsied it, but looks like they got it all! As far as my buddy Tadena, I donít know, I pkeep texting him asking, but so far nothing. Which doesnít seem to be good news, but who knows. So, so far everything seems to be going pretty well, but iíll Tell you what, getting an aortic heart valve, and an aortic aneurysm changed out, ainít for sissies! And what really pissed me off was I am pretty sure they gave me a cow valve instead of a Hog one. Doesnít mean I am gonna cheer for the Longhorns does it? No it doesnít course not! Thank you for all the prayers and kind words, we deeply appreciated it. This isnít the first time yíall have pulled my wife, and me, through cancer!

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2019, 06:53:43 am »

Well just to check in. I made it through but not without complications, had a little trouble with the anesthesia, or a lot! Didnít recognize any of my family, guess I was combative at times. One of the guys came to see me my supposedly last day, turned at the door and said,ĒYOU WAS CRAZY, YOU WAS MEDICINE MAN CRAZY!Ē Lol still not sure what that means. I know I started getting some bad looks from some of the nurses and couldnít understand why.

Finally started hearing the stories, they had me under four point restraint for four days! Hell I guess they thought they had Frankenstein. Finally got to come home last Thursday evening, but by that night I started having problems coughing and choking,and by Friday afternoon they were picking in an ambulance taking me to Baxter Regional. There they scheduled me an ambulance ride through hell back to LRHH. I wonít go into that ride at this time, but suffice to say when I told my daughter about it, she started hollering she was going to take care of it, had to calm her down, man if she was a man she would be double dangerous! So anyhow after the ride, by the time I got here Friday night I was 205/16something with a hundred degree temperature!
Most of that coming from the ride. So the last two-two and a half days it has been breathing treatments followed by antibiotics drips, followed by steroid shots, continuessly. To top it off, just this morning, the day I am supposed to check out, two women nurses and one male nurse have poked me at least 7-8 times trying to draw blood, and the guy who seems like a pretty good guy, or I wouldnít be so calm right now, broke a pin on my watch some how. It is a fossil Razorback watch that my kids got me for Fatherís Day a long time ago. That is just how my week has went. Hopefully by next year I can go to Hogs games again. No way I could make it up the hill, or even part of it. As far as my wife, too early to tell for sure, but it looks good. One of them, the one on her stomach was just a little fatty tumor, the one on her side was solid so they biopsied it, but looks like they got it all! As far as my buddy Tadena, I donít know, I pkeep texting him asking, but so far nothing. Which doesnít seem to be good news, but who knows. So, so far everything seems to be going pretty well, but iíll Tell you what, getting an aortic heart valve, and an aortic aneurysm changed out, ainít for sissies! And what really pissed me off was I am pretty sure they gave me a cow valve instead of a Hog one. Doesnít mean I am gonna cheer for the Longhorns does it? No it doesnít course not! Thank you for all the prayers and kind words, we deeply appreciated it. This isnít the first time yíall have pulled my wife, and me, through cancer!

Still praying for ya'll anyway, crazy man.

ronmahony

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2019, 07:40:13 am »

Thanks buddy!

ronmahony

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2019, 07:42:17 am »

Prayers my friend... Hope all is clear soon for your wife, and your heart surgery goes wonderful and ur up trout fishing in no time.

Thanks buddy, where you been?

SDZ_Hog

• Senior
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2019, 07:54:00 am »

Prayers your way!! My wife is battling cancer.  Knock it back but it comes back stronger in 2 or 3 years.  I have to give props to the people at Highlands in NWA. They are awesome.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2019, 08:27:28 am »

Continued Prayers Cancer Sucks.

Haters gonna hate

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2019, 05:56:00 pm »

I will be praying

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2019, 06:38:48 pm »

Mind me asking what AHH surgeon took care of you?

Tommy

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2019, 06:41:28 pm »

Man God bless you

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2019, 07:22:16 pm »

Prayers going up for you and your wife's complete healing! With God, all things are possible!!

FBREW000

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2019, 07:52:45 pm »

Thanks buddy, where you been?
  Not far from you man... Right on the beautiful White River.  Been thinking about you, heal up soon bro and keep fighting.  We have both seen some tough times, but we have thus far conquered, ,for we are more than conquerors!  Christ has this! WPS!

ronmahony

« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2019, 10:36:01 pm »

Mind me asking what AHH surgeon took care of you?

Freeland I believe his name is.

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2019, 05:36:23 am »

No matter the Illness, God will give the faithful more time... Praying that you and your's milk every second out of life until you fly smiling into His arms...

AirWarren

• Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2019, 08:33:06 am »

Freeland I believe his name is.

Great physician.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas