• 10,058,684 Posts
• 402,657 Topics
• 23,009 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11 Players with a Bama or UGA offer  (Read 4628 times)

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
Re: 11 Players with a Bama or UGA offer
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2019, 01:15:59 pm »

That's how a majority of our commits' offer lists look - maybe not UGA or Bama, but a ton of other SEC and Power 5 offers.  I've been trying to keep up with each commits' offer list throughout the year, and by my last count this class has a total of 108 reported SEC offers and 143 other Power 5 offers.

Compare that to Bielema's best class rankings wise per 247 Composite (2015): 44 SEC and 105 other Power 5.  Also, those numbers are much lower if you remove W. Gragg and J. Merrick.  Those 2 guys alone accounted for nearly 41% of that classes total Power 5 offers - 20 SEC (45.5%); 41 other Power 5 (39.0%).
and neither had even one meaningful game for us.

LA Football fan

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2019, 02:53:09 pm »

And IMO, our best recruit in Burks doesn't hold a Bama or Georgia offer but I wouldn't trade him for a single Bama or Georgia recruit.   His potential on offense and defense is on par with ANY recruit Bama or Georgia is bringing in.  He has the physical talent to play for either of those two programs from day one just as he will have here.  He has the size, speed, and physical strength you look for in immediate impact players.   He can take it to the house on any play on offense, whether from the WR position or QB position.  He has several defensive touchdowns from his linebacker position.  Can be an impact player on punt return and kickoff return.  Can be a special teams marquee player on the punt and kickoff teams, he just doesn't miss many tackles and when he hits you, you go down immediately.   See the 2017 Arkadelphia championship game highlight video of what he is capable of for a preview of his talents. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2019, 10:31:53 am »

And IMO, our best recruit in Burks doesn't hold a Bama or Georgia offer but I wouldn't trade him for a single Bama or Georgia recruit.   His potential on offense and defense is on par with ANY recruit Bama or Georgia is bringing in.  He has the physical talent to play for either of those two programs from day one just as he will have here.  He has the size, speed, and physical strength you look for in immediate impact players.   He can take it to the house on any play on offense, whether from the WR position or QB position.  He has several defensive touchdowns from his linebacker position.  Can be an impact player on punt return and kickoff return.  Can be a special teams marquee player on the punt and kickoff teams, he just doesn't miss many tackles and when he hits you, you go down immediately.   See the 2017 Arkadelphia championship game highlight video of what he is capable of for a preview of his talents.
I have been waiting for this comment. Well done.

i agree, btw. Burks is the stud. IMO Bama and UGA knew to just move on to the next one in Burk's case- I promise they would have found room for him.

I could have included LSU/Texas/OU/OhioState in the OP and it would have been 17-18 guys iirc . A TEAM full of SEC prospects is what this is. Not a team full of SWAC players and 4   4*s sprinkled on top. In Arkansas' case we have averaged like 1 or 2   4* players per class actually developing to contribute. THIS class will be the new watermark on that.

LA Football fan

« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2019, 03:40:44 pm »

After watching the high school all-america game, Burks is just as good, if not better than any of the other wrs that were ranked ahead of him that played.   Hazelwood is no better IMO and Burks has as much speed and more size and can jump for 50-50 balls as good as he did.   Burks being rated a 4 star and not a 5 star is a GREAT example how recruiting sites are not the end all be all that some like to think they are and how they actually do rate players based on recruiting area and offers.   I was impressed with the qbs in that game though.  Lot of accuracy and the kid from Arizona really moved in the pocket and made things happen that translate well to the college game.

Hawg Law 7

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2019, 03:41:56 pm »

I have been waiting for this comment. Well done.

i agree, btw. Burks is the stud. IMO Bama and UGA knew to just move on to the next one in Burk's case- I promise they would have found room for him.

I could have included LSU/Texas/OU/OhioState in the OP and it would have been 17-18 guys iirc . A TEAM full of SEC prospects is what this is. Not a team full of SWAC players and 4   4*s sprinkled on top. In Arkansas' case we have averaged like 1 or 2   4* players per class actually developing to contribute. THIS class will be the new watermark on that.

Itís also possible Burks has on an offer from Bama and/or UGA along with plenty other elite programs, but just hasnít reported them. We all know Burks isnít big on the whole recruiting thing, and his offer list is middle of the pack for our class. As ridiculously talented as he is, I doubt his public reported offers list actually reflects all of his true offers.

LA Football fan

« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2019, 04:33:15 pm »

Itís also possible Burks has on an offer from Bama and/or UGA along with plenty other elite programs, but just hasnít reported them. We all know Burks isnít big on the whole recruiting thing, and his offer list is middle of the pack for our class. As ridiculously talented as he is, I doubt his public reported offers list actually reflects all of his true offers.

Since he hasn't signed those programs can still offer before the Feb signing date too, not that I would expect him to waiver.  Yeah, he was pretty laid back in getting his name and talent out there on the recruiting trail through camps.  Good for us though because he has raw talent that doesn't come along very often with high school kids.  He had the frame and speed to step into D1 ball as a high school senior.  If not for his injury, he would have put up another monster year on both sides of the ball.  The injury was a blessing in disguise though because it revealed an old injury that probably would have needed medical attention at some point in his college career.  Will get stronger once in college and I believe will command the respect of college DC's much the same that he did in high school.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2019, 08:56:10 am »

Since he hasn't signed those programs can still offer before the Feb signing date too, not that I would expect him to waiver.  Yeah, he was pretty laid back in getting his name and talent out there on the recruiting trail through camps.  Good for us though because he has raw talent that doesn't come along very often with high school kids.  He had the frame and speed to step into D1 ball as a high school senior.  If not for his injury, he would have put up another monster year on both sides of the ball.  The injury was a blessing in disguise though because it revealed an old injury that probably would have needed medical attention at some point in his college career.  Will get stronger once in college and I believe will command the respect of college DC's much the same that he did in high school.
Arkansas fans are in for a treat the day he steps on the field. if only we could clone him abt 7 times..lol... He is elite at a handful of positions. Wish we had him at QB, WR, and linebacker...lol

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2019, 09:08:08 am »

Arkansas fans are in for a treat the day he steps on the field. if only we could clone him abt 7 times..lol... He is elite at a handful of positions. Wish we had him at QB, WR, and linebacker...lol
I hear the problem isnít so much the acl or mcl but that he has a high amount of loose cartilage thatís been giving him problems. Youíve probably heard the same. And this info comes from the man whoís pond he fishes in on the regular.

Also think Shamar Nash will be the steal of this wr class..

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2019, 09:30:29 am »

I hear the problem isnít so much the acl or mcl but that he has a high amount of loose cartilage thatís been giving him problems. Youíve probably heard the same. And this info comes from the man whoís pond he fishes in on the regular.

Also think Shamar Nash will be the steal of this wr class..

Have heard that all of it was taken care of during his ACL procedure. Shamar Nash is gonna be a good one for sure. But imo if he comes back fully healthy Burks will be on a little different level overall as a football player than the rest. I have heard from some closer people that he has been told offensively that he will run some wild cat, H back and of course receiver and special teams. Which doesnt surprise me one bit with his size and skill set.

Porkys Revenge

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2019, 12:32:19 pm »

Have heard that all of it was taken care of during his ACL procedure. Shamar Nash is gonna be a good one for sure. But imo if he comes back fully healthy Burks will be on a little different level overall as a football player than the rest. I have heard from some closer people that he has been told offensively that he will run some wild cat, H back and of course receiver and special teams. Which doesnt surprise me one bit with his size and skill set.
Heisman

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #60 on: January 06, 2019, 12:34:10 pm »

DE, TE, and SS, too.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2019, 08:40:31 am »

hawginbigd1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2019, 10:12:22 am »

Burk's is the kind of guy that skews rankings and offer strength.
There isn't a school in the country that wouldn't take him right now, but he doesn't have offers from all of them.
He doesn't make the rounds on the camps so he is much lower rated than he should be imo.
It's the same kind of thing as when a guy commits to his favorite school as a Junior who tells every other school to leave me alone. They may be the best around but they quit camping and nobody else offers, so they get rated lower and their offer list looks pedestrian.

OneTuskOverTheLineô

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2019, 10:53:12 am »

But wait which one's are real offers or just the ones Saban and Smart made when they were bored and weren't for real lol.

There's really 3 or 4 fools around here who really think this way...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas