• 10,158,368 Posts
• 405,229 Topics
• 23,131 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 11 Players with a Bama or UGA offer  (Read 4769 times)

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
11 Players with a Bama or UGA offer
« on: December 29, 2018, 07:05:57 pm »

That has to be a modern record for us. 11 players with a Bama or Georgia offer. Contrast that with , say, Mizzou- who has ONE of those guys. That is a real coup for Arkansas. If we can do double digit guys with that criteria year in year out, we really will contend for Titles.

The Hawgman

Re: 11 Players with a Bama or UGA offer
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 07:28:22 pm »

That has to be a modern record for us. 11 players with a Bama or Georgia offer. Contrast that with , say, Mizzou- who has ONE of those guys. That is a real coup for Arkansas. If we can do double digit guys with that criteria year in year out, we really will contend for Titles.
Agree totally. Will not dominate as Bama does but we could beat them and contend for the West
4 stars and high 3 stars can compete.
Gotta develop and beat the scheme we used last year.
Hoping we can.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hawginbigd1

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 08:48:03 pm »

But wait which one's are real offers or just the ones Saban and Smart made when they were bored and weren't for real lol.

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 09:16:48 pm »

See above... I knew it wouldn't take long for the naysayers to start the crap about "those weren't "commitable offers", "everbidy knows they aren't any good or they wouldn't come to poor lil' ol' arkinsaw."

The same people who swear by recruiting rankings will swear that 24/7, Rivals, etc are in some "deep state" conspiracy to invent offers to our recruits from the big dogs when their REAL offers consist of Tarleton State, Slippery Rock and the Colorado School of Mimes.

Yes, I know it is the Col. school of MINES, so don't bother spelling knotsies..

The Hawgman

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 09:35:17 pm »

But wait which one's are real offers or just the ones Saban and Smart made when they were bored and weren't for real lol.
Right like that poor little Bama 3 star #8 from OK in playoffs tonight.
Jacobs I think it is.
Even if they ended up not being committable offers they had offers vs ones in the past who did not.
The OP point is valid.

a0ashle

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 09:12:25 am »

Am I the only one reading sarcasm here? I thought the "when they were bored" part was obvious, but now I'm second guessing myself.

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 09:29:56 am »

Am I the only one reading sarcasm here? I thought the "when they were bored" part was obvious, but now I'm second guessing myself.
I thought it was sarcastic also

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 09:57:32 am »

I only counted the real ones.

SemperFi

• Disgusted & Pissed Off Hog Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 12:27:45 pm »

Let’s not end the year on a stupid note by posting trash like this. If Saban or Smart made an offer then it was because they wanted the kid and not because they were bored.

coach, my back hurts

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 12:39:40 pm »

I don’t recall the Olinemens name but he tried to commit to us and we wouldn’t except it. So if he commits to say Louisiana Monroe, is it fair for Monroe to claim they beat out Arkansas for a recruit?

I understand that we certainly need more guys that have big time offers, but if Georgia or Bama further evaluates a prospect, then decides to no longer recruit him, he still holds an ‘offer’, just not a commitible one.

pigzwillrise

• WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 12:39:57 pm »

they seem like the type of coaches that just sling around offers as a joke. Don’t be dumb.

hawgdavis

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 01:17:44 pm »

Let’s not end the year on a stupid note by posting trash like this. If Saban or Smart made an offer then it was because they wanted the kid and not because they were bored.

Y’all need to lighten up and read what the poster typed , he was being humorous, ya know as in having a little fun. Oh I forgot this is SERIOUS BINESS ONLY at the crutin forum caint have no fun up in here.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 02:04:24 pm »

Don't second guess, my tongue in cheek slap at the "it wasn't a commitable offer" crowd and sarcasm font was not working sorry!

nwahogfan1

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 03:49:12 pm »

It is a start but hard to tell if any were commitable offers.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 05:09:48 pm »

Proper response:  :D

I swear, I get this all the time—people read something I posted merely as humor and just come back in full-tilt insult mode. This post even ended with “lol” and some around here didn’t ‘get it.’

Reading is fundamental, people.  :-\

Hogmatic

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 10:51:31 pm »

Right like that poor little Bama 3 star #8 from OK in playoffs tonight.
Jacobs I think it is.
Even if they ended up not being committable offers they had offers vs ones in the past who did not.
The OP point is valid.

Amen brutha

What's Shakin' Macon

• My English Mastiff and #1 Hog fan, Maizy
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 12:20:49 am »

Playing in the hand of the obvious sarcasm veered this thread way off course. Fact is, at the end of the day about 1/3 of our commits will have a bama/uga offer. Considering our on-field results, that's phenomenal.

drizzle

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 11:51:44 am »

See above... I knew it wouldn't take long for the naysayers to start the crap about "those weren't "commitable offers", "everbidy knows they aren't any good or they wouldn't come to poor lil' ol' arkinsaw."

The same people who swear by recruiting rankings will swear that 24/7, Rivals, etc are in some "deep state" conspiracy to invent offers to our recruits from the big dogs when their REAL offers consist of Tarleton State, Slippery Rock and the Colorado School of Mimes.

The saddest part of all is that no one from the Colorado School of Mimes can speak up to defend themselves...

a0ashle

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 12:50:58 pm »

The saddest part of all is that no one from the Colorado School of Mimes can speak up to defend themselves...

They play good hockey :)

Edut: Doh! Missed that nuance.

Supermark101

• Senior
  • We all need a little Love
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2018, 07:10:56 pm »

I don’t recall the Olinemens name but he tried to commit to us and we wouldn’t except it. So if he commits to say Louisiana Monroe, is it fair for Monroe to claim they beat out Arkansas for a recruit?

I understand that we certainly need more guys that have big time offers, but if Georgia or Bama further evaluates a prospect, then decides to no longer recruit him, he still holds an ‘offer’, just not a commitible one.

All of this plus the recruiting services don't verify offers. There is nothing to stop a kid from misinterpreting something a coach says or just out and out lying about an offer.

Schools send out 300-400 offers. Its nice to have Bama and Georgia's plan C and Ds. It's better than what we have, but let's not go too crazy.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2018, 07:13:29 pm »

All of this plus the recruiting services don't verify offers. There is nothing to stop a kid from misinterpreting something a coach says or just out and out lying about an offer.

Schools send out 300-400 offers. Its nice to have Bama and Georgia's plan C and Ds. It's better than what we have, but let's not go too crazy.
you are one dumb ass dude. ALL of these 11 are commitable offers, dude.

Plan C's and D's smmfh. my god, it must suck to be such a miserable person.

Supermark101

• Senior
  • We all need a little Love
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2018, 07:39:45 pm »

you are one dumb ass dude. ALL of these 11 are commitable offers, dude.

Plan C's and D's smmfh. my god, it must suck to be such a miserable person.

I am very happy. I have also.seen a recruiting board, and I am realistic.

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking any of our signies. Let's just be honest with ourselves.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2018, 09:43:37 pm »

I am very happy. I have also.seen a recruiting board, and I am realistic.

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking any of our signies. Let's just be honest with ourselves.
I wouldnt have made the thread if there werent 11 COMMITTABLE offers from Georgia or Bama. All 11 of those guys are 4* guys. Georgia had Kirby Smart meeting w/ KJ the week before signing day, for instance. Are you saying Trelon Burks and Trey Knox don't REALLY have committable offers as 95 rated 4*s? Are you saying UGA didnt really want Soli? Nobody wanted the #1 Tight End? The #20 Defensive End? Come on, dude. I could have made the number 25 by your rationale. I said ELEVEN for a damn reason.

Your Poorlilolearkiesaw is showing.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2018, 10:30:26 pm »

Dante Walker was one I recall who had offers from AL and UGA.
So when he didn't sign in December I hoped he wasn't considering them again.

presidenthog

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2018, 11:23:42 pm »

Dante Walker was one I recall who had offers from AL and UGA.
So when he didn't sign in December I hoped he wasn't considering them again.

Some teams backed off early for grades, or chasing a bigger recruit. Then lost out, and we had taken him by then.

We played the big boy game with this kid, and said screw academic risk fear.

tusksincolorado

• I will teach you Italian....the fun way.
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2019, 09:12:35 am »

First day of the New Year and after reading this posting my eyes are bleeding again...

JackJohnson

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2019, 09:23:46 am »

Our fans are kidding themselves if they think Walker could call up Saban or Smart and commit to UGA or Bama.

However...I’ll take any kid worthy of a non committable offer to either (and LSU) esp on D.  Players like Philon, Harris, etc who are in the cusp of that type of offer are light years better then the kids we usually sign who have committable offers from mid tier P5 schools

hawg IQ

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2019, 09:27:32 am »

don’t forget, if you get better players, it requires better coaches. But it starts  there.

Hogmatic

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2019, 10:24:48 am »

Our fans are kidding themselves if they think Walker could call up Saban or Smart and commit to UGA or Bama.

However...I’ll take any kid worthy of a non committable offer to either (and LSU) esp on D.  Players like Philon, Harris, etc who are in the cusp of that type of offer are light years better then the kids we usually sign who have committable offers from mid tier P5 schools

Amen, we have not been signing many kids with Bama offers - commitable or not.  This is a great start and one that gives me hope.

Trey1981

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2019, 10:31:01 am »

I wouldnt have made the thread if there werent 11 COMMITTABLE offers from Georgia or Bama. All 11 of those guys are 4* guys. Georgia had Kirby Smart meeting w/ KJ the week before signing day, for instance. Are you saying Trelon Burks and Trey Knox don't REALLY have committable offers as 95 rated 4*s? Are you saying UGA didnt really want Soli? Nobody wanted the #1 Tight End? The #20 Defensive End? Come on, dude. I could have made the number 25 by your rationale. I said ELEVEN for a damn reason.

Your Poorlilolearkiesaw is showing.

Trey Knox did not have a commitable offer from Bama according to those that would know. He didn't even have a commitable offer from Tennessee at the time he committed. This is going to make some folks on here mad, but itis true.

Just like the other poster said, I'm not knocking Knox. I'm stoked to have him. But that is fact. Just because someone is 4 star on the rating services doesn't mean that the offers that are shown are legit nor does it mean that the schools have evaluated those kids as 4 stars.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 10:50:57 am by Trey1981 »

presidenthog

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2019, 06:52:31 pm »

Trey Knox did not have a commitable offer from Bama according to those that would know. He didn't even have a commitable offer from Tennessee at the time he committed. This is going to make some folks on here mad, but itis true.

Just like the other poster said, I'm not knocking Knox. I'm stoked to have him. But that is fact. Just because someone is 4 star on the rating services doesn't mean that the offers that are shown are legit nor does it mean that the schools have evaluated those kids as 4 stars.

I think he did have a committable offer to ohio st though. He did not only have a committable offer to Arkansas.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:38:49 pm by presidenthog »

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2019, 08:35:40 pm »

walker wasnt even one of the 11, so, try again.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2019, 08:39:51 pm »

Proper response:  :D

I swear, I get this all the time—people read something I posted merely as humor and just come back in full-tilt insult mode. This post even ended with “lol” and some around here didn’t ‘get it.’

Reading is fundamental, people.  :-\
Don't second guess, my tongue in cheek slap at the "it wasn't a commitable offer" crowd and sarcasm font was not working sorry!
If you two would work on that during the off season, that would be great.  Thanks...

RockyMtnHog

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2019, 08:50:36 pm »

Don't knock the Colorado School of Mines.  They are a smaller classification but you do not get into that school being a dumb ass.  One of the best Engineering Schools in the country.

Trey1981

« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2019, 11:28:45 am »

I think he did have a committable offer to ohio st though. He did not only have a committable offer to Arkansas.

Certainly Arkansas wasn't his only committable offer. I'm not privy to info related to his OSU offer but will take your word. Knox could go to many Power 5 schools no question, he just didn't have committable offers from some of the elite recruiting schools that his 247 profile shows.

Either way, he's going to be a dangerous weapon for the Hogs and I project him to be an immediate contributor. Happy to have him on board!

ricepig

« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2019, 11:52:34 am »

Who would know, outside of Trey, his parents, and the Alabama staff? Did he tell someone who his commitable offers were?

Trey1981

« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2019, 12:00:23 pm »

Who would know, outside of Trey, his parents, and the Alabama staff? Did he tell someone who his commitable offers were?

The people whom you have identified above plus a small group of people that are in close contact with the recruitment of those individuals.

Hog Fan...DOH!

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2019, 12:21:15 pm »

All of that may be true.  I suspect the same could be said at any period in time in which the "recruiting services" ranked players and reported offers. 

It is a positive trend that more players are signing who have more reported big-time offers.  Right?

Trey1981

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2019, 12:30:50 pm »

All of that may be true.  I suspect the same could be said at any period in time in which the "recruiting services" ranked players and reported offers. 

It is a positive trend that more players are signing who have more reported big-time offers.  Right?

For sure. This staff has done an amazing job and will continue to do so it seems. I haven't been this excited about Hog football in a long time.

ricepig

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2019, 12:56:01 pm »

The people whom you have identified above plus a small group of people that are in close contact with the recruitment of those individuals.

Who would these people be, give some examples.

Trey1981

« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2019, 01:01:57 pm »

Who would these people be, give some examples.

I'm not going to name names on a message board of people that gave me this information when I asked, other than to say that they were both either within one of the two programs or very close to those within the programs and know what they are talking about.

I am no insider. I'll be the first to admit that. And I'm not trying to be combative. I just happen to know a couple of people from within or close to those within the Tennessee and Alabama football programs.

ricepig

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2019, 01:50:30 pm »

I'm not going to name names on a message board of people that gave me this information when I asked, other than to say that they were both either within one of the two programs or very close to those within the programs and know what they are talking about.

I am no insider. I'll be the first to admit that. And I'm not trying to be combative. I just happen to know a couple of people from within or close to those within the Tennessee and Alabama football programs.

I didn't ask for names, I asked for examples, such as recruiting writer, high school coach, next door neighbors cousin. So, this is third hand info at best, correct?

Hawg Law 7

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2019, 01:52:50 pm »

walker wasnt even one of the 11, so, try again.

Considering Walker is one of two of our commits who has reported an offer from both Alabama and Georgia (Z. Williams being the other), how could Walker not be included in the 11? 

And in case anyone is curious, here are our current commits who have a reported offer from Bama and/or UGA according to either 247 or Rivals:

Alabama - Z. Williams, M. Soli, A. Otey, D. Walker, H. Henry (L. Henry and J. Catalon also have offers)

Georgia - Z. Williams, KJ Jefferson, C. Clay, E. Jackson, D. Walker, D. Bush, T. Knox.

Trey1981

« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2019, 02:12:44 pm »

I didn't ask for names, I asked for examples, such as recruiting writer, high school coach, next door neighbors cousin. So, this is third hand info at best, correct?

One of my two acquaintances got his info directly from a staff member from one of the teams, so yes it is secondhand info. Secondhand that I trust and believe to be true. The other bit of information came from someone with direct knowledge. Football staff member is about as much as I would be willing to say.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2019, 09:27:11 pm »

I believe all 11 to be real offers.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2019, 09:32:15 pm »

Considering Walker is one of two of our commits who has reported an offer from both Alabama and Georgia (Z. Williams being the other), how could Walker not be included in the 11? 

And in case anyone is curious, here are our current commits who have a reported offer from Bama and/or UGA according to either 247 or Rivals:

Alabama - Z. Williams, M. Soli, A. Otey, D. Walker, H. Henry (L. Henry and J. Catalon also have offers)

Georgia - Z. Williams, KJ Jefferson, C. Clay, E. Jackson, D. Walker, D. Bush, T. Knox.
yeah, you are right. i was mixing him up w/ 4* DE Gregory, who has offers from majors but not uga/bama. my bad.

presidenthog

« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2019, 10:06:56 pm »

I just want to mention dejon Harris had a committable offer from bama.

He was not offered til the week of their NC, and savan pulled the whole "i didnt see your film til after the NC  or i would have offered sooner". None of that matters, but what matters is he was offered late. You do not offer late unless you will take them.

JIHawg

« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2019, 10:44:29 pm »

Here's one I know about.  When Georgia's backup quarterback announced he was transferring, Georgia came after KJ. 

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2019, 11:05:49 am »

Here's one I know about.  When Georgia's backup quarterback announced he was transferring, Georgia came after KJ.
they are all like that. The Big 11 were wanted by a LOT of schools.

There are also guys like 4* Shamar Nash who has GREAT offers, just not uga or bama. Guys with offers from LSU, Texas, Florida, Ohio State, Florida State, Oklahoma, etc.

Hawg Law 7

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2019, 12:10:31 pm »

they are all like that. The Big 11 were wanted by a LOT of schools.

There are also guys like 4* Shamar Nash who has GREAT offers, just not uga or bama. Guys with offers from LSU, Texas, Florida, Ohio State, Florida State, Oklahoma, etc.

That's how a majority of our commits' offer lists look - maybe not UGA or Bama, but a ton of other SEC and Power 5 offers.  I've been trying to keep up with each commits' offer list throughout the year, and by my last count this class has a total of 108 reported SEC offers and 143 other Power 5 offers.

Compare that to Bielema's best class rankings wise per 247 Composite (2015): 44 SEC and 105 other Power 5.  Also, those numbers are much lower if you remove W. Gragg and J. Merrick.  Those 2 guys alone accounted for nearly 41% of that classes total Power 5 offers - 20 SEC (45.5%); 41 other Power 5 (39.0%).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas