• 10,151,116 Posts
• 405,092 Topics
• 23,124 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ty Storey  (Read 15798 times)

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
Re: Ty Storey
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2018, 05:56:39 pm »

it may wind up being a Juco Qb

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2018, 06:10:22 pm »

Itís exactly how it works. The kid had been given maybe 15 snaps in live action before this season. Plus a new coach with a contrasting style. Every kid was essentially a freshman this year with chad Morris
Well I hope we get someone better so we donít have to live through his ďsophomoreĒ slump.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Shoat

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2018, 06:40:03 pm »

I'm not convinced that Ty is the answer for this offense.  Of course, I'm not exactly sure what this offense is supposed to be except...well offensive...lol

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Lana Lokteff is the lone feminine voice of reason
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2018, 08:25:06 pm »

Uh, don't quit your day job.  ;D
Okay. Man, I had big plans. Oh well, I'll keep on trudging along at my current job.

Superhog1959

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2018, 08:43:20 pm »

I agree about the offensive line. No disrespect to the players, but it was one of the worst I've seen in my time as a fan. I think losing Sam Pittman along with CBB getting too comfortable and not finding adequate replacements led to the downfall of the O-line. I am encouraged by the class that CCM brought in. It tells a lot about him as a recruiter and leader of young men. The players obviously saw something besides immediate playing time to come to Arkansas after arguably the worst football season in Hog history. You can't measure the impact of players that will go to battle for a coach due to their belief and trust in him. Yes, they will lose some games, but I think the lack of effort will be almost non-existent either next season or the season after.
It was the worst I have ever seen. JLS was bad, Jack Crow was bad, but THIS was really bad. I hope that things improve.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Lana Lokteff is the lone feminine voice of reason
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2018, 10:12:32 pm »

I'm not convinced that Ty is the answer for this offense.  Of course, I'm not exactly sure what this offense is supposed to be except...well offensive...lol
I am convinced that he is not the answer. Only one glimmer of hope. If the team were getting coached up properly one could come to the conclusion that the team as a whole would at least be getting better from game one to game twelve. But I saw zero improvement as the year went along. So maybe Storey is a victim of team stagnation. Trying to be diplomatic as I can but in this offense, a  QB must be dynamic and I don't think dynamic is an adjective that would best describe Storey.

nichc85

« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2018, 11:12:58 pm »

I would not be at all upset if Ty Storey announced he was forgoing Razorback football next year. He canít please the fan base, had a concussion this year and would be playing behind an offensive line that could be worse next year.

He has graduated and could transfer to another program or simply walk away from football. Give me some good reasons he needs to return.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2018, 11:25:54 pm »

I would not be at all upset if Ty Storey announced he was forgoing Razorback football next year. He canít please the fan base, had a concussion this year and would be playing behind an offensive line that could be worse next year.

He has graduated and could transfer to another program or simply walk away from football. Give me some good reasons he needs to return.

Donít know donít care

NWAlwyer

• Band Nerd
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2018, 03:44:32 pm »

The bottom line - TS was the statistically worst QB in the SEC last season.  Yes, the O line and receivers were terrible, but great QB's mitigate that and elevate players around them.  If he's the starter, I expect a ceiling of 5 wins at most.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2018, 04:07:39 pm »

1. Finish what you start.
2. No matter who may come in, remember Jalen Hurts.
3. Hog-born, Hog bred, and when you die youíll be Hog dead. Maybe teach a few fans something about a concept called loyalty.

You asked for some good reasons, and only you know if those count in your thinking. In mine they do.

LZH

« Reply #60 on: December 31, 2018, 08:16:27 am »

Guess I'm way behind, but I assume the kid from Georgia is staying put?

Superhog1959

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2018, 08:24:39 am »

If we don't get a competent transfer, and at this point I will be surprised if we do. I think Ty will start, but we should see a lot of plays with other QBs still here. By middle to end of the year have a full time starter. Jefferson will probably end up being the guy, but it will take some time. Kinda like last year. I don't like it, but sure looks like what could happen.

Blumpkin

« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2019, 11:20:47 am »

Some of the names floating around:

Shane Buechele (from Texas), Khalil Tate (from Arizona), Ben Hicks (from SMU), and Tyree Jackson (from Buffalo), among others.

All would be a good one-year bandaid while getting KJ Jefferson ready to (hopefully) be the starter in 2020.

Shane has to be Steveís boy, right?

HoGs1031

• Varsity
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2019, 12:12:37 pm »

Tate said he was staying. Shane might leave now after last nights game and Texas having a clear #1.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/quarterback-khalil-tate-to-remain-at-arizona-for-the-2019-college-football-season/

texas tush hog

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2019, 05:03:59 pm »

Shane has to be Steveís boy, right?

Correct.

texas tush hog

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2019, 05:04:37 pm »

Guess I'm way behind, but I assume the kid from Georgia is staying put?

Doubtful

checkraiser88

« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2019, 06:30:13 pm »

If we don't get a competent transfer, and at this point I will be surprised if we do. I think Ty will start, but we should see a lot of plays with other QBs still here. By middle to end of the year have a full time starter. Jefferson will probably end up being the guy, but it will take some time. Kinda like last year. I don't like it, but sure looks like what could happen.

Youíd be surprised if we brought in a transfer at this point? Itís almost a given that we pick up a transfer

Superhog1959

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2019, 07:29:42 pm »

Youíd be surprised if we brought in a transfer at this point? Itís almost a given that we pick up a transfer
If we got someone that was a upgrade yes. Not just someone for the sake of different. Until the O line improves it wont matter.

hawgfan4life

« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2019, 11:10:02 pm »

The bottom line - TS was the statistically worst QB in the SEC last season.  Yes, the O line and receivers were terrible, but great QB's mitigate that and elevate players around them.  If he's the starter, I expect a ceiling of 5 wins at most.

Who ever said he is supposed to be a great QB?  A lot of schools are successful without a great QB.  However, those teams have consistent play from the rest of the team.  No QB would have raised our offense enough to have been that much more successful without improving the OL, the RB, and the WRs.  We were about 4 games in when we settled on Storey and it seemed he was raising those around him until he got PTSD trying to win at Old Miss.  The team quit around him by the time he was recovered.

Maybe Storey isnít the answer, but we canít know with what he was working with.  He should get the same pass Coach Morris gets for the teams success.  If nothing else, he deserves a hell of a lot more respect from fans than to be disparaged constantly because of opinions based on last season when no unit on the offense played at an adequate level at an increasing level as the season progressed.

jgphillips3

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2019, 11:20:17 pm »

Weíve got 5 guys coming in next year who can get separation through speed or physicality or both and who can win a 50/50 ball considering they are all over 6í3Ē.  That alone will make Ty look better even with less experience on the offensive line because even when he had time this year, no receiver was helping him out by putting themselves in position to receive the pass.  Iíd still prefer we bring in a quality transfer but I firmly believe Ty will look better next year just with having the big four receivers and Henry as targets.

hawgfan4life

« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2019, 01:42:18 pm »

Weíve got 5 guys coming in next year who can get separation through speed or physicality or both and who can win a 50/50 ball considering they are all over 6í3Ē.  That alone will make Ty look better even with less experience on the offensive line because even when he had time this year, no receiver was helping him out by putting themselves in position to receive the pass.  Iíd still prefer we bring in a quality transfer but I firmly believe Ty will look better next year just with having the big four receivers and Henry as targets.

Getting more reps with coaches more firm in the statement and personnel will help.  Better WR play no matter how it occurs will help.  Getting better RB play from anyone besides one RB will help.  Despite losing experience, I believe the OL will be much improved.  Storey should have to win the job just like anyone else.  If it ends up him, I think he can get us to a bowl if every other area of weakness makes similar improvements.  The season certainly isnít lost before it starts like many want to act. 

jgphillips3

• Where are they now the little people of Stonehenge
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2019, 02:27:07 pm »

Getting more reps with coaches more firm in the statement and personnel will help.  Better WR play no matter how it occurs will help.  Getting better RB play from anyone besides one RB will help.  Despite losing experience, I believe the OL will be much improved.  Storey should have to win the job just like anyone else.  If it ends up him, I think he can get us to a bowl if every other area of weakness makes similar improvements.  The season certainly isnít lost before it starts like many want to act. 

I agree with you.  A full year in the system should mean everyone still here knows the system and the playbook by and large.  The JUCO linemen should stabilize the tackle position and our line should be better.  Heck, the line was better by the end of the year in general.  If Ty has a just a bit more time and has receivers that he believes can get open or get the ball on a contested throw (or just run the right dang route), that will tremendously improve his confidence and help as well.  I think with the talent infusion, more buy in from the retained players and the second year running the system, 5 wins is absolutely doable and I think we can pick up a 6th win (maybe even a 7th).  If they could make a bowl and show sustained progress in all phases, we could enter 2020 with a markedly better outlook.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2019, 02:36:23 pm »

Who ever said he is supposed to be a great QB?  A lot of schools are successful without a great QB.  However, those teams have consistent play from the rest of the team.  No QB would have raised our offense enough to have been that much more successful without improving the OL, the RB, and the WRs.  We were about 4 games in when we settled on Storey and it seemed he was raising those around him until he got PTSD trying to win at Old Miss.  The team quit around him by the time he was recovered.

Maybe Storey isnít the answer, but we canít know with what he was working with.  He should get the same pass Coach Morris gets for the teams success.  If nothing else, he deserves a hell of a lot more respect from fans than to be disparaged constantly because of opinions based on last season when no unit on the offense played at an adequate level at an increasing level as the season progressed.

Sourpuss

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2019, 02:01:36 pm »

Just so we're clear--so, Ty hasn't announced his transfer yet? ???
Don't think he plans to transfer...and i've got a pretty good source on this one.

hawgfan4life

« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2019, 02:50:19 pm »

Yeah!  Really cute highlighting the part you want while ignoring MAYBE and WE CAN'T KNOW before and after your edit.  Your addition to the conversation explaining your view of why you believe he isn't the answer was really compelling.  Way to add to the conversation without bashing a young man who has given all he had to be a Razorback.  It is posts like this and posters like you that we need more of in this forum so we can raise the bar.  Way too many DAs on here and far too often.  Thanks again.

Paul

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2019, 03:12:53 pm »

Yeah!  Really cute highlighting the part you want while ignoring MAYBE and WE CAN'T KNOW before and after your edit.  Your addition to the conversation explaining your view of why you believe he isn't the answer was really compelling.  Way to add to the conversation without bashing a young man who has given all he had to be a Razorback.  It is posts like this and posters like you that we need more of in this forum so we can raise the bar.  Way too many DAs on here and far too often.  Thanks again.
seriously what is this?

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2019, 03:47:41 pm »

Lack of arm strength, the fact that CCM and staff wanted Cole Kelly to be the starter but he was even worse, and the fact that they have publicly said and are actively look to find someone to replace him tell me TY isn't the answer.  Not bashing everyone wants to be a razorback few can be and even fewer are good enough to start.  We don't have the talent on the roster we need at QB and CCM knows it.  Best of luck to Ty tough kid but all you can say from watching him play last year is he is really tough.  You can't say he showed you he is a good ENOUGH at QB.  He had 11 TDs 10 INTs and 7 fumbles with 5 lost.  Your QB can't turn it over that many times no matter how bad everyone around him is.  That's on him.

jkstock04

« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2019, 04:06:07 pm »

seriously what is this?
Dumba**.

Little ironic deeming someone that because his post before he was going on about how experience was gonna help these guys but then in same paragraph saying despite losing experience on the O-line they are gonna be better. Hogville homerism logic of the day. So now, if everything stays the same at QB we are still gonna go to a bowl game. I'm not sure that makes much logical sense.

I'll say one thing I have learned over the past few years..."experience" doesn't mean jack ****. 2017 and 2018 the Razorbacks had one of the most if not the most returning experience team in the SEC. Whoop teeee dooo. I'm looking forward to these guys moving on...NFL, transferring, quitting football, whatever. We need new un-Bielema tainted blood in this program.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2019, 04:34:19 pm »

Dumba**.

Little ironic deeming someone that because his post before he was going on about how experience was gonna help these guys but then in same paragraph saying despite losing experience on the O-line they are gonna be better. Hogville homerism logic of the day. So now, if everything stays the same at QB we are still gonna go to a bowl game. I'm not sure that makes much logical sense.

I'll say one thing I have learned over the past few years..."experience" doesn't mean jack ****. 2017 and 2018 the Razorbacks had one of the most if not the most returning experience team in the SEC. Whoop teeee dooo. I'm looking forward to these guys moving on...NFL, transferring, quitting football, whatever. We need new un-Bielema tainted blood in this program.

When your team sucks like ours did A lot  Players returning should mean the fans have experience in disappointment and should not expect to much more then what we were last season. 

scaldedhog

« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2019, 04:34:57 pm »

Unless Morris really misses up on a Grad  transfer I do not see Ty playing anymore meaningful minutes.
Love Tyís grit and courage but a year in the system and better OL and receivers doesnít give him the arm strength to throw the deep out. Maybe KJ can come in and wow.

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2019, 05:08:33 pm »

Lack of arm strength, the fact that CCM and staff wanted Cole Kelly to be the starter but he was even worse, and the fact that they have publicly said and are actively look to find someone to replace him tell me TY isn't the answer.  Not bashing everyone wants to be a razorback few can be and even fewer are good enough to start.  We don't have the talent on the roster we need at QB and CCM knows it.  Best of luck to Ty tough kid but all you can say from watching him play last year is he is really tough.  You can't say he showed you he is a good ENOUGH at QB.  He had 11 TDs 10 INTs and 7 fumbles with 5 lost.  Your QB can't turn it over that many times no matter how bad everyone around him is.  That's on him.

I don't think it's arm strength as much as lack of accuracy.  He throws a lot of uncatchable balls and misses open receivers with frequency.  You can teach sound fundamentals and that will improve on accuracy to some extent, but I'm convinced you can not teach accuracy.  You either have it or you don't and arm strength does not equate to accurately thrown balls.  I commented during the season that I though Ty was a good quarterback, not a great quarterback, but that we had so many other deficiencies that his weaknesses are magnified.  When your team doesn't have the talent of your opponent, your margin for error is very small.  One or two bad throws on a drive and you punt.  Ty is tough as nails and has a competitive heart, but he did not show the capability to carry a bad team, and that's not all on him and it's just my opinion.  There will be more talent on the field this year, so maybe with a year of experience and CCM's coaching, he will become more consistent and more decisive in the offense.  I just think we need someone who can make a play with his legs if needed, can move the pocket and throw on the run to hide some OL weakness, but above all, someone who can consistently put the ball where the receiver can have an opportunity to make a play.

Tommy

• Bench Warmer
  • You ever heard a Bobo? Well youís lookin at him
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2019, 05:16:34 pm »

Ty is going to be just fine

Superhog1959

« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2019, 06:56:44 pm »

I don't think it's arm strength as much as lack of accuracy.  He throws a lot of uncatchable balls and misses open receivers with frequency.  You can teach sound fundamentals and that will improve on accuracy to some extent, but I'm convinced you can not teach accuracy.  You either have it or you don't and arm strength does not equate to accurately thrown balls.  I commented during the season that I though Ty was a good quarterback, not a great quarterback, but that we had so many other deficiencies that his weaknesses are magnified.  When your team doesn't have the talent of your opponent, your margin for error is very small.  One or two bad throws on a drive and you punt.  Ty is tough as nails and has a competitive heart, but he did not show the capability to carry a bad team, and that's not all on him and it's just my opinion.  There will be more talent on the field this year, so maybe with a year of experience and CCM's coaching, he will become more consistent and more decisive in the offense.  I just think we need someone who can make a play with his legs if needed, can move the pocket and throw on the run to hide some OL weakness, but above all, someone who can consistently put the ball where the receiver can have an opportunity to make a play.
I agree with what you say. Keep in mind he sat the bench for along time. Also first year in Coach Morris offense. Unless we get a competent transfer, I think hes the guy, at least for the first few games. It is what it is. I do think with a descent Oline, who ever is there, will do better. We haven't had a good Oline for a few years now. TO me that's where it starts.   

RedRock

« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2019, 11:09:12 pm »

No more excuses

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2019, 09:45:25 am »

Has Ty Storey found a home? 

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2019, 09:49:16 am »

I seriously doubt that you will see him start the season as QB #1.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2019, 11:14:57 am »

When does it become too late for Storey to enroll at another school for the spring semester?

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2019, 11:15:54 am »

Here is a question.  Does he stay on the team if he doesnít transfer?

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2019, 01:32:18 pm »

Lots of questions.  No answers.

NoogaHog

• Senior
  • WPS from Southern Appalachia
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2019, 03:14:08 pm »

I would think so. Kids who enter the portal are under no obligation to transfer. This may have been discussed between CCM and TS. Something like:

"I'm going to enter the portal to see what opportunities I have."

"Ok, I understand, I would love for you to stick around. I think with having a year in the system, it will be better next season. But think long and hard about this decision and come talk to me if you change your mind. My door is open."

That is not begging him to stay, but leaving the door open for a kid who is disappointed and is probably getting "advice" from a lot of different directions, who is having to make a grown-up decision.

Just a guess as to how this situation could be going.

parallaxpig

• Hogvillian
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2019, 06:43:54 pm »

Here is a question. Does he go thru spring ball.

Earth Hog Fan

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2019, 07:38:09 pm »

When does it become too late for Storey to enroll at another school for the spring semester?

Donít look now, but all those once Razorbacks that are still in the transfer portal. Many if not all no longer have a scholarship, why they were used to sign 4 star difference makers and thanks to them we are now able to get our numbers down to 85. Several of those guys were no buy INS and chose to leave the team and did not believe in our coaching staff.  So good luck to those guys and their new team.

GO HOGS!

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2019, 07:54:05 pm »

Is Ty enrolled this semester?  Does anybody know?

Beuller?

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2019, 11:35:18 am »

Donít look now, but all those once Razorbacks that are still in the transfer portal. Many if not all no longer have a scholarship, why they were used to sign 4 star difference makers and thanks to them we are now able to get our numbers down to 85. Several of those guys were no buy INS and chose to leave the team and did not believe in our coaching staff.  So good luck to those guys and their new team.

GO HOGS!

sorry, but nothing you said there applies to Storey.  If he doesn't land somewhere he will be back on the team.

CandleStick

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2019, 11:38:05 am »

sorry, but nothing you said there applies to Storey.  If he doesn't land somewhere he will be back on the team.

Exactly, ty was all bought in with this program no matter who was the coach. Heís all hog and has done everything he can to try and help this team win games.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2019, 11:40:44 am »

That just seems like it would be a little awkward to enter the portal and have no takers. 

FineAsSwine

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2019, 11:42:19 am »

Exactly, ty was all bought in with this program no matter who was the coach. Heís all hog and has done everything he can to try and help this team win games.

Throwing more TD's and fewer interceptions would help tremendously. Pretty telling that the staff has beat every bush and turned over every rock looking for a qb this offseason.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2019, 11:44:14 am »

That just seems like it would be a little awkward to enter the portal and have no takers.
What happens in the portal, stays in the portal...

FineAsSwine

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2019, 11:45:19 am »

Very awkward indeed. It would be like your girlfriend left to date other guys but then decided to stay when no one wanted her phone number.

BossHawg_Outlaw

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2019, 11:48:47 am »

Very awkward indeed. It would be like your girlfriend left to date other guys but then decided to stay when no one wanted her phone number.

Except you told her to see other people and moved on with someone else. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas