• 10,106,926 Posts
• 403,933 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ty Storey  (Read 15480 times)

Superhog1959

Re: Ty Storey
« Reply #150 on: February 05, 2019, 07:54:14 am »

I thought this was a Storey thread not a Hicks thread..where is Storey going?
I don't think TY is with the team. Also hadn't heard of him TF yet.

As for Hicks, happy or not, he seems to be the guy. Looking at his stats and replays. He seems to have a good arm. Has thrown to many interceptions though. Not much of a run threat. Hope he does well. No one can say its because he don't know the system.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #151 on: February 05, 2019, 08:31:58 am »

Go Hicks!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

liljo

• Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #152 on: February 05, 2019, 11:04:39 am »

Ben Hicks is not a savior. There is only one of those. However, before saying the guy isn't the answer for us in 2019, there is the fact that he put up very good numbers vs N. TX in 2017, Houston 2 or 3 times and at least played respectably vs TCU and others.

I believe he fared better vs TCU in 2017 than Austin Allen did for us and that was before he got hurt. I know he performed MUCH better vs NTSU than any QB in an Arkansas uni.

Before trashing his accomplishments as being meaningless because of the competition, consider this: how did our QBs in 2018 perform vs CSU and NTSU? Houston was easily better than one of those teams and maybe both. Hicks had around 400 yards and 3 TDs IIRC.

Houston beat OU in the opening game of 2016 before you trash that program. It's not about slobbering over him or looking to him as a "savior." It's about IMPROVEMENT for 2019 at the QB position. That's not a real high bar to clear, but this guy will give us improvement.

Yeah, he wasn't our first choice. What do you do when the #1 choice is off the board? You go after the next best one you can get.
Sensible, logical, excellent post.

Yes, I get the concern from those who say, "Ben Hicks hasn't faced SEC competition, and the SECw is a lot different level than what SMU played." It is obviously true. However, Ben Hicks HAS faced tougher competition than any high school senior in America. So, the coaches went "the transfer route" and Hicks was the best option available. So I cannot understand the critics of the decision. He is almost certainly an upgrade over ANY high school prospect. KJ may beat him out of the position, that remains to be seen, but even if he does it's almost certain it won't happen early in the season.

I'm one fan who is very thankful for the addition of Ben Hicks.

plumbhog

« Reply #153 on: February 12, 2019, 09:04:53 pm »

I don't think TY is with the team. Also hadn't heard of him TF yet.

As for Hicks, happy or not, he seems to be the guy. Looking at his stats and replays. He seems to have a good arm. Has thrown to many interceptions though. Not much of a run threat. Hope he does well. No one can say its because he don't know the system.
Charleston also happens to be looking for a football coach.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas