• 10,151,073 Posts
• 405,091 Topics
• 23,124 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Ty Storey  (Read 15797 times)

Superhog1959

Ty Storey
« on: December 28, 2018, 05:33:49 pm »

Most thought Cole Kelley was the man. They called him the franchise. The players or at least a lot of them wanted him to be the QB, (from what I have heard). It was apparent early, that he didn't have the mental capacity to grasp a complicated system. But you have to respect his team attitude. He still did what he was allowed, to help. So Ty took over.

Now, even some that would know, say he cant do it. What I saw was a freshman put into a difficult situation. He did make some good plays, but also many, not so good. I got to say, this years offensive line was as bad as any I have seen. What's weird is, wasn't that what BB was good at? Turns out he wasn't. We went for a Clemson transfer, he didn't want to come here. I think the main reason was the O line. Our O line play has been very poor for several years. It got better for a short time, in Brandon's last years, but nearly killed AA.

We might go for a transfer, but I think Ty needs to be respected for what he did do under extreme pressure. I would not be surprised if he is the QB next year, even with competition. KJ wont be ready, and Conner needs to play baseball. I have seen him do both. He is MLB material.

If they do go for a transfer, who would that be?

Pudgepork

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Horse Racings most unlikely champ
Re: Ty Storey
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 05:49:41 pm »

Ty will play better because he and the team will have an added year learning the system and playbook.    Will it be good enough to win 7 games?  ?????   It will e interesting to hear the coaches and reporters comments during spring practice.   If they sound surprised and almost giddy, then there is life.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
  • In Karma Nirvana for all time.
    • Bring Back Slobbering Hog
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 05:58:44 pm »

Some of the names floating around:

Shane Buechele (from Texas), Khalil Tate (from Arizona), Ben Hicks (from SMU), and Tyree Jackson (from Buffalo), among others.

All would be a good one-year bandaid while getting KJ Jefferson ready to (hopefully) be the starter in 2020.

ricepig

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 06:05:52 pm »

Shane Buechele (from Texas), Khalil Tate (from Arizona), Ben Hicks (from SMU), and Tyree Jackson (from Buffalo), among others.

All would be a good one-year bandaid while getting KJ Jefferson ready to (hopefully) be the starter in 2020.

Tate has already announced he is coming back to Arizona.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 06:15:05 pm »

If we were going after a Senior transfer QB, and it seems that they are, there are two things involved with a guy who would be of value to us for a single season. One is obviously the skill level of the QB having an understanding of the RPO system the way Morris runs it, but the other is the terminology that is used. If you look at it that way, Hicks might be the quickest and easiest fit. After getting accustomed to the guys he would be playing with/throwing to in the Spring, he might be the easiest and quickest, "plug and play" guy.

Now I don't know how good Hicks would be at the SEC level of play, but he might be the easiest fit for what we are looking for in a single season QB.

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 06:20:52 pm »

Tate has already announced he is coming back to Arizona.

True. I read that the other day and just forgot.
Apologies.

King Kong

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 06:28:29 pm »

Brandon Wimbush and Nick Starkel are others contacted via twitter.

Starkel potential summer transfer.

Time is tight to get someone for spring semester

TrueBlue

• "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2018, 06:44:43 pm »

Go with what we have if Hicks is the only option.

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2018, 06:46:28 pm »

Go with what we have if Hicks is the only option.

Who said Hicks was the only option? There are several other options listed in this thread.

TrueBlue

• "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 06:48:19 pm »

Who said Hicks was the only option? There are several other options listed in this thread.

Keep up.

If the ONLY option (in other words, none of the others pan out), keep what we have. Just because you list them, doesnít make them interested in us.

hogbbq

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2018, 06:49:07 pm »

Whatever happens it needs to be in place by Spring ball.  I think we are poised to win 6 games and that's about it.  Should be 6 but I hope we have the pieces and experience to make it happen.  Hope I'm not wrong. Anything less is another bad season.

NuttinItUp

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2018, 06:51:32 pm »

Keep up.

If the ONLY option (in other words, none of the others pan out), keep what we have. Just because you list them, doesnít make them interested in us.

Oh, gotcha. Sorry, I misunderstood.

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 06:51:49 pm »

Ty will play better because he and the team will have an added year learning the system and playbook.    Will it be good enough to win 7 games?  ?????   It will e interesting to hear the coaches and reporters comments during spring practice.   If they sound surprised and almost giddy, then there is life.

Forget about what we hear from the coaches after Spring practices, we need to wait and see what all the "Experts" on Hogville say about Storey, that's the true indicator of how the season is going to go.  ;)

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 06:53:26 pm »

Hand it over to jsj

King Kong

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 07:05:47 pm »

Well, he is the only option we know is interested. Hopefully several others are interested

31to6

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 08:36:12 pm »

What I saw was a freshman put into a difficult situation.
Ty was a JR this year.

CandleStick

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 08:41:52 pm »

Ty was a JR this year.

While he may of been a junior by class, he was a freshman on the field. The kid had taken all of about 15 snaps coming into this year.

psychhog

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2018, 08:44:01 pm »

Ty was a JR this year.

I think he was suggesting freshman as far as game experience in the sec.

ballz2thewall

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2018, 09:02:06 pm »

so........anything new in this thread?

31to6

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2018, 09:13:54 pm »

While he may of been a junior by class, he was a freshman on the field. The kid had taken all of about 15 snaps coming into this year.
I think he was suggesting freshman as far as game experience in the sec.
Yup. Sometimes he looked like a freshman.

grayhawg

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2018, 09:19:46 pm »

I think we sign a grad transfer after bowl season is over, if not Norland will be our QB next year. Ty is a good kid but the SEC moves too fast for him.  JMHO

psychhog

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2018, 09:21:18 pm »

Agree he did. Which is why I think given a year in the system he could show a lot of improvement if heís the starter next year. Just the quickness of decision making may make a lot of the flaws we saw this year a lot less obvious. But if a grad transfer comes in we probably wont see storey because they will likely be given the reigns from day one which I donít necessarily have a problem with.

psychhog

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2018, 09:26:24 pm »

I think we sign a grad transfer after bowl season is over, if not Norland will be our QB next year. Ty is a good kid but the SEC moves too fast for him.  JMHO

True Nolan could overtake storey as the starter if we donít get a grad transfer. But QBís in the Morris system have shown progress from year 1 to year 2.  Also B Allen showed a lot of progress from his soph to his Jr year by having a year of experience. His stats were pretty similar to TS his first year of starting with a big jump in yards, tdís, and decreased int from year 1 to year 2, albeit he was running a different system that wasnít as heavy on qb play at that time and highlighted our two 1000 rbís that year.

HogJowler

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2018, 09:28:19 pm »

If we were going after a Senior transfer QB, and it seems that they are, there are two things involved with a guy who would be of value to us for a single season. One is obviously the skill level of the QB having an understanding of the RPO system the way Morris runs it, but the other is the terminology that is used. If you look at it that way, Hicks might be the quickest and easiest fit. After getting accustomed to the guys he would be playing with/throwing to in the Spring, he might be the easiest and quickest, "plug and play" guy.

Now I don't know how good Hicks would be at the SEC level of play, but he might be the easiest fit for what we are looking for in a single season QB.

If we can't find and get THE guy then I think Hicks would be worth bring in.  If TY is better he should play.

Question is if you don't bring someone and TY goes down with an injury who do you go to.  Hicks would be a serviceable backup QB and I think would be a big help in practice.  He knows the offense and terminology an successfully operated it for two years at SMU.  I now, easier competition, but that doesn't matter if he can teach by illustrating how to run it in practice.

ThisTeetsTaken

• He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2018, 09:37:49 pm »

Ty doesnít have enough arm.  We need either a grad transfer or the pitcher to progress.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Lana Lokteff is the lone feminine voice of reason
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2018, 09:40:39 pm »

To borrow a lyric from the great Paul Simon...Ö.    "Where have you gone Quinn Grovey, Hog nation turns its lonely eyes to you, what's that you say Jeffie Long, 'quick as a cat' Quinn has grown old and gone away, hey hey hey"

God knows we could use a 20 year old Quinn Grovey for the next 3 years. He was a 'stomp down' magician with that football. Think Grovey, that's the type of QB this team thirst for.

plumbhog

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2018, 10:29:12 pm »

Ty doesnít have enough arm.  We need either a grad transfer or the pitcher to progress.
He can put it further down the field than our receivers can get before he gets sacked.

The Hawgman

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2018, 10:37:29 pm »

Forget about what we hear from the coaches after Spring practices, we need to wait and see what all the "Experts" on Hogville say about Storey, that's the true indicator of how the season is going to go.  ;)
No matter how he learns the offense he cannot throw the deep ball well enough for Ďthis offense to be successful
Must have a transfer

1highhog

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2018, 10:57:44 pm »

To borrow a lyric from the great Paul Simon...Ö.    "Where have you gone Quinn Grovey, Hog nation turns its lonely eyes to you, what's that you say Jeffie Long, 'quick as a cat' Quinn has grown old and gone away, hey hey hey"

God knows we could use a 20 year old Quinn Grovey for the next 3 years. He was a 'stomp down' magician with that football. Think Grovey, that's the type of QB this team thirst for.

I know all of Paul Simons songs and he doesn't have not one with Quinn Grovey in it nor song as bad as you just sang that,,,  :puke:

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Lana Lokteff is the lone feminine voice of reason
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2018, 12:21:42 am »

I know all of Paul Simons songs and he doesn't have not one with Quinn Grovey in it nor song as bad as you just sang that,,,  :puke:
I know of your type. You are "that guy" at every party who walks up to a group of men and not 30 seconds later they all disperse to other parts of the house. Nice to meet you. Later.

Tick Hog

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2018, 01:53:06 am »

Hand it over to jsj
Iím not sure if Nolan is going through spring but Iím pretty sure heís not. So unless we get a grad transfer soon which I donít see happening we will have TS, JSJ, and Hyatt for spring so he will have his chance. I donít see it happening but it wont be because of not enough reps. I think we bring in a grad in the summer which scares me because then we may be back to whoís the starter again and Iím not sure I want that going into the season like it did last year.

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2018, 03:10:58 am »

"All"?  So a bunch of guys from nowhere schools or who lost their jobs (except Jackson, who just may be feakin cold in Buffalo) are just what we need?

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2018, 05:26:41 am »

Until we have a consistently functional OL, the name of the QB won't matter much at all..

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2018, 06:56:03 am »

Just so we're clear--so, Ty hasn't announced his transfer yet? ???

grayhawg

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2018, 07:07:25 am »

Iím not sure if Nolan is going through spring but Iím pretty sure heís not. So unless we get a grad transfer soon which I donít see happening we will have TS, JSJ, and Hyatt for spring so he will have his chance. I donít see it happening but it wont be because of not enough reps. I think we bring in a grad in the summer which scares me because then we may be back to whoís the starter again and Iím not sure I want that going into the season like it did last year.
DVH said earlier that Norland was doing football this spring.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #35 on: December 29, 2018, 07:48:38 am »

DVH said earlier that Norland was doing football this spring.

And Nolan will be busy sitting behind the bench watching the hoop hogs.

grayhawg

« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2018, 07:52:40 am »

And Nolan will be busy sitting behind the bench watching the hoop hogs.
You are correct sir.

1highhog

« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2018, 08:27:11 am »

I know of your type. You are "that guy" at every party who walks up to a group of men and not 30 seconds later they all disperse to other parts of the house. Nice to meet you. Later.

Yep, it's because I've whooped all their asses and they're all afraid it'll happen again and so are you.  Now go fetch me another beer my bee-atch.

parallaxpig

• Hogvillian
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2018, 08:42:38 am »

Just so we're clear--so, Ty hasn't announced his transfer yet? ???

What about Daulton Hyatt. What's the story on him?

ricepig

« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2018, 08:53:42 am »

Until we have a consistently functional OL, the name of the QB won't matter much at all..

Nope, that's why you need one with experience, and some escape ability, to overcome the OL deficiencies. We may have had some with the ability to escape last fall, but they had zero experience.

ThisTeetsTaken

• He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2018, 09:07:45 am »

What about Daulton Hyatt. What's the story on him?
Iíve wondered this myself.  I remember his teammates saying he was going to be our best QB.

Hoggish

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2018, 09:17:22 am »

Was Ty Storey a freshman last year?  Because I was thinking he was a junior.  Just sayin'.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2018, 09:51:04 am »

Nope, that's why you need one with experience, and some escape ability, to overcome the OL deficiencies. We may have had some with the ability to escape last fall, but they had zero experience.

Just to be a contrarian, had they played last year they would have had some experience next year.  Had they each played only 4 games--perhaps 4 different games than the other--they could have still redshirted.

ricepig

« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2018, 09:55:31 am »

Just to be a contrarian, had they played last year they would have had some experience next year.  Had they each played only 4 games--perhaps 4 different games than the other--they could have still redshirted.

Yep, but outside of the Tulsa game, the staff didn't feel like they were ready. I was also talking about all of the QB's, Cole had some experience, but no escape ability.

lasthog

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2018, 10:57:17 am »

Uh, don't quit your day job.  ;D

Superhog1959

« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2018, 02:55:06 pm »

This is what I meant, sorry should have been clearer.

jchill

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2018, 02:58:06 pm »

Most thought Cole Kelley was the man. They called him the franchise. The players or at least a lot of them wanted him to be the QB, (from what I have heard). It was apparent early, that he didn't have the mental capacity to grasp a complicated system. But you have to respect his team attitude. He still did what he was allowed, to help. So Ty took over.

Now, even some that would know, say he cant do it. What I saw was a freshman put into a difficult situation. He did make some good plays, but also many, not so good. I got to say, this years offensive line was as bad as any I have seen. What's weird is, wasn't that what BB was good at? Turns out he wasn't. We went for a Clemson transfer, he didn't want to come here. I think the main reason was the O line. Our O line play has been very poor for several years. It got better for a short time, in Brandon's last years, but nearly killed AA.

We might go for a transfer, but I think Ty needs to be respected for what he did do under extreme pressure. I would not be surprised if he is the QB next year, even with competition. KJ wont be ready, and Conner needs to play baseball. I have seen him do both. He is MLB material.

I agree about the offensive line. No disrespect to the players, but it was one of the worst I've seen in my time as a fan. I think losing Sam Pittman along with CBB getting too comfortable and not finding adequate replacements led to the downfall of the O-line. I am encouraged by the class that CCM brought in. It tells a lot about him as a recruiter and leader of young men. The players obviously saw something besides immediate playing time to come to Arkansas after arguably the worst football season in Hog history. You can't measure the impact of players that will go to battle for a coach due to their belief and trust in him. Yes, they will lose some games, but I think the lack of effort will be almost non-existent either next season or the season after.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2018, 03:14:18 pm »

That is not how it works.

CandleStick

« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2018, 05:30:10 pm »

That is not how it works.

Itís exactly how it works. The kid had been given maybe 15 snaps in live action before this season. Plus a new coach with a contrasting style. Every kid was essentially a freshman this year with chad Morris

nwahogfan1

« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2018, 05:33:32 pm »

Unless Morris really misses up on a Grad  transfer I do not see Ty playing anymore meaningful minutes. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas