• 10,158,282 Posts
• 405,227 Topics
• 23,131 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Itís clear..  (Read 3885 times)

hawg66

Re: Itís clear..
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2018, 10:12:40 am »

Gafford is doing exactly what this team needs. He doesnít need to move off the low block to shoot jumpers. If he did that the criticism here would be immense.

Itís clear that some people just like to find fault in anything. Just enjoy him while we have him and dream of having the life heís going to have for the next 10-12 years.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2018, 10:29:11 am »

Gafford is doing exactly what this team needs. He doesnít need to move off the low block to shoot jumpers. If he did that the criticism here would be immense.

Itís clear that some people just like to find fault in anything. Just enjoy him while we have him and dream of having the life heís going to have for the next 10-12 years.

I think he is doing what he needs to on offense. I just wish on defense he was not away from the basket so much.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

ShadowHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2018, 12:40:34 pm »

I think he is doing what he needs to on offense. I just wish on defense he was not away from the basket so much.

It's called modern basketball. Stop fighting it.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2018, 01:05:10 pm »

It's called modern basketball. Stop fighting it.

While that may be the case, it seemed really pronounced in the Ga Tech game.  I was constantly asking myself, WTH is he doing so far from the basket when we were on D.  May have been the case in other games, but I just really noticed it for Ga Tech.

dsf

« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2018, 03:10:29 pm »

You are right...he does not need to leave the block...however, he does need to learn a jump hook with both hands and post up moves.  Too bad not a soul on this staff can help him...they obviously did not help Kingsley.  Gafford and Kingsley are natural centers...not forwards like Portis.

ErieHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Life as a Politics Mod....
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2018, 03:50:54 pm »

In the NBA he won't be double and triple teamed every time he touches the ball.  It is actually easier to go against one really good player than to get the ball, have someone your same size on one side, and have another player or two slapping your arms on the other.

You'll see flash doubles in the NBA a lot more regularly than standard doubles, especially if you show you are turnover prone.   Defense at the professional level isn't consistently about stopping your opponent-- the skill level is too high-- its in forcing people into high leverage situations where their decision making is used as the breaking point of a possession.    He'll see plenty of those types of doubles, like Gobert, if he doesn't improve his decision making with the basketball in hand.

Arazorbackguy1

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2019, 10:37:24 am »

Still relevant today...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas