• 10,058,684 Posts
• 402,657 Topics
• 23,009 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin Named First Team Preseason All-American  (Read 724 times)

Jason Carroll

Martin Named First Team Preseason All-American
« on: December 17, 2018, 03:14:47 pm »

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Sophomore infielder Casey Martin was named a preseason Third-Team All-American by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper Monday afternoon.

The Lonoke, Arkansas native enters the 2019 season after one of the best freshman campaigns in Razorback history and will head into his second year as one of the top sophomores in the country. Martin led the team with a .345 average, an average that also led all freshmen in the SEC. He also set an Arkansas freshman record in hits (87) while starting 62 games at third base.

For more on Martin click the link below:

https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/martin-earns-first-preseason-all-america-accolade/1663448943

Hawgey-Davidson

Re: Martin Named First Team Preseason All-American
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 09:47:12 am »

Good for Casey. Good for Hogs.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jacketsting

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 03:48:34 pm »

Projected number 1 pick in 2020 and he isn't a first teamer?

ucahogfan

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 07:27:28 am »

Projected number 1 pick in 2020 and he isn't a first teamer?
I can get that argument to make him a first teamer.  I'll do a little bit deeper dive into stats of the other SS.  Heck, you could argue 3B since that was his position last year.

The bigger omission from this list is Heston Kjerstad.  How in the world do they have 5 SEC OFs (4 on the third team) in Mangum (MSU), Dalton (Florida), Cabrera (LSU), Olenek (Ole Miss), and Scott (Vandy), but no Kjerstad?  I can understand the inclusion of Mangum, but Kjerstad's stats are superior to the other 4.  He was one of the four best freshmen in the country last year along with Torkelson, Abel, and Martin.  Not sure how you can make Torkelson and Abel first teamers and not put our guys on there.

hogginbama

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 01:33:18 pm »

Thread title says 1st Team, but article says 3rd Team selection. Am I missing something here?

jacketsting

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 02:03:10 pm »

I believe we are being highly underestimated for next season and I believe our pitcing will be better then many think especially with the speed and hitting we have coming back along with some freshmen who will probably make noise next season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas