• 10,106,818 Posts
• 403,932 Topics
• 23,066 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Otis, what’s up with the tweet?  (Read 6045 times)

#hammerdown

• Senior
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
Otis, what’s up with the tweet?
« on: December 16, 2018, 10:33:29 pm »

presidenthog

Re: Otis, what’s up with the tweet?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 10:35:19 pm »

https://twitter.com/otiskirk23/status/1074487633659744256?s=21

Is he transferring?

Kid reached out to one of our recruiting guys on who to ask who to get a hold of here. Interest is mutual. Kid is visiting miami. They believe they locked him up.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

LRHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This too shall pass
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 11:00:19 pm »

It would really chap Gus’ ass if we got him. I hope he gives us a visit!

The Hawgman

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 12:12:02 am »

I have always believe Gus was a poor coach and benefits from others players.
Cam
D-Mac
Auburn team recruited by Chiesler ( did get Nick Marshall)
But on his own he is a puff of air.
Next will probably be his last. He has control and there will be no one to blame loses on.
If was gonna sign with Auburn I would ask who will next coach be.

Pork Ranger

King Kong

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 07:19:22 am »

Very good player and the timing would work out well with Whaley and Boyd potentially gone after next season.

hawgwash

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2018, 12:22:16 pm »

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2018, 12:31:57 pm »

Wow.  this kid got screwed over.  If you haven't read these articles, you owe it to yourself to do so.  And read the comments as well.  Lots of gems in there, like Gus can count to 49 million but can't count to 4.

That was a strange deal. Simply wasted this kid's season. There is no reason in this day and age with a million support staff workers at each SEC school (exaggeration but barely haha) for something like this to happen.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2018, 12:35:16 pm »

He would have been a great get, but at this time they don't have a scholarship for a second running back in 2019 class. I liked him when he was in high school. Was surprised he got treated like that at Auburn. You have to be more organized than to just waste a year for a kid.

hawgwash

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2018, 12:35:29 pm »

That was a strange deal. Simply wasted this kid's season. There is no reason in this day and age with a million support staff workers at each SEC school (exaggeration but barely haha) for something like this to happen.
Otis, any chance here for Arkansas?

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2018, 12:42:48 pm »

Otis, any chance here for Arkansas?

The timing isn't good for Arkansas. I mean they don't have a second RB scholarship to offer in 2019. In recruiting through the years I have learned to try to say done deal or no chance. As Orville told me recruiting will make a liar out of all of us. I just don't think the timing is good for Hogs. If they think Spivey is coming, and they do, then taking a second running back probably isn't in the cards right now.

hawgwash

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2018, 12:45:28 pm »

The timing isn't good for Arkansas. I mean they don't have a second RB scholarship to offer in 2019. In recruiting through the years I have learned to try to say done deal or no chance. As Orville told me recruiting will make a liar out of all of us. I just don't think the timing is good for Hogs. If they think Spivey is coming, and they do, then taking a second running back probably isn't in the cards right now.

Thanks for the response Otis.

Bardicer

• Varsity
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2018, 12:49:25 pm »

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2018, 03:46:17 pm »

Not only that, but the kids parents warned the coaches that he had already played in 4 games when they took him on the road to Miss State.!?

outlawhogeywells

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2018, 04:33:22 pm »

do we take him knowing that it seems like Spivey is wavering a little?  Also would he have to sit out a year then play in Fall 2020

aloha_kid

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2018, 04:54:35 pm »

Oh there's a reason - Gus.

Hogeyeblind

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2018, 08:15:16 pm »

Gus of Nazareth cant lie.  It aint Christian to lie.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2018, 08:32:51 pm »

Gus of Nazareth cant lie.  It aint Christian to lie.

I get so tired of this type comment. You aren't the judge and quit bashing Christians because you are not Christian. It's NOT Christian to lie!

FTR I can't stand Gus. I knew him growing up and won't go into detail but never liked him.

Leadbelly

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2018, 08:44:40 pm »

I get so tired of this type comment. You aren't the judge and quit bashing Christians because you are not Christian. It's NOT Christian to lie!

FTR I can't stand Gus. I knew him growing up and won't go into detail but never liked him.
Certain people, present subject is one, who are just slime balls and are in it for their own egos. Augustas seems to be a big one, this story is just another chapter in the book of proof!

Pancetta

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2018, 12:54:19 pm »

I wonder if the kid or parents confided in the wrong person that he was considering transferring at the end of the year and there was a decision made to make it harder for him to do so. 
The difference between taking a RB that can play immediately and having to take a RB to take up a schollie for a year while contributing nothing but scout team would seem to be a big one. 
I don't know which would be worse, coaches getting paid from hundreds of thousands of dollars up to multimillion dollars don't take time out to know one of the biggest eligibility rule changes or coaches making that kind of money purposely screwing over a young man who's only issue is thinking he's better than they do. 

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2018, 01:13:05 pm »

Dude, he wasn’t bashing Christians. He was bashing Gus.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2018, 01:57:05 pm »

Dude, he wasn’t bashing Christians. He was bashing Gus.

I have to agree on this.  It's not bashing Gus because he's a Christian.  It's bashing coaches who make being a Christian part of their shtick and that's what they are all about, and they have a Bible verse at the ready for any question.  When in reality they are the biggest dam hypocrites on the face of the earth.  I think Freeze is 10x's the fraud Gus is in that department and why I think he's a perfect fit at Liberty.  Dabo is one of the few that seem to actually talk the talk and walk the walk. 

Hogdomer

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2018, 02:10:11 pm »

I wonder if the kid or parents confided in the wrong person that he was considering transferring at the end of the year and there was a decision made to make it harder for him to do so. 
The difference between taking a RB that can play immediately and having to take a RB to take up a schollie for a year while contributing nothing but scout team would seem to be a big one. 
I don't know which would be worse, coaches getting paid from hundreds of thousands of dollars up to multimillion dollars don't take time out to know one of the biggest eligibility rule changes or coaches making that kind of money purposely screwing over a young man who's only issue is thinking he's better than they do. 

If he transfers, he has to sit a year regardless.  This just means he lost a year of eligibility for a few meaningless plays because his coaches, on the best interpretation of the events, can't count or don't know who plays in games.

kingofdequeen

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2018, 02:15:59 pm »

I get so tired of this type comment.

i do too.  SOB is from Springdale, not Nazareth. 

Dr. Leonard Ford

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2018, 03:30:40 pm »

I have to agree on this.  It's not bashing Gus because he's a Christian.  It's bashing coaches who make being a Christian part of their shtick and that's what they are all about, and they have a Bible verse at the ready for any question.  When in reality they are the biggest dam hypocrites on the face of the earth.  I think Freeze is 10x's the fraud Gus is in that department and why I think he's a perfect fit at Liberty.  Dabo is one of the few that seem to actually talk the talk and walk the walk. 

Agreed.  People get way too offended these days.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas