• 10,058,682 Posts
• 402,657 Topics
• 23,009 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Third Paid Assistant in College Baseball  (Read 844 times)

ucahogfan

Third Paid Assistant in College Baseball
« on: December 10, 2018, 08:37:41 pm »

Tweet from Kendall Rogers today:

SOURCES: If a vote was held today, it would be 50/50 on a paid third assistant actually passing.

In other words, coaches, you better talk to your ADs. This one could go either way at the moment. Momentum had slowed a month or so ago, but voices picked up.

In my opinion, this is long overdue at the collegiate level for baseball.  While most programs have volunteer assistants, the need for a third paid assistant is evident.  How does basketball with approximately 15 players have 3 paid assistants or football with approximately 100 players have 10 paid assistants?  I understand they are typically revenue generating sports, but the player to coach ratio in college baseball is just insane.

Arkansas Hog in Dallas

Re: Third Paid Assistant in College Baseball
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 01:25:59 am »

A bench coach for DVH could do wonders imo

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 09:36:53 am »

wisconsin who does not have a baseball team, is leading the charge to not get that paid assistant.

Wisco Pig

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 10:07:11 am »

wisconsin who does not have a baseball team, is leading the charge to not get that paid assistant.

Hey, Kevin, do you have a link for this?  I did a quick search and didn't find anything.  I lived in Madison for a long time, so I'd be interested to read more.

Also, I'm very sorry about your dog.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2018, 10:31:27 am »

thanks, yeah is sucks right now

it was a kendall rogers tweet, i will find it

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2018, 10:51:55 am »

Kendall Rogers

@KendallRogers

14h

Last I heard, there's a prominent Big Ten AD at a massive budget school who is vehemently against paying a third baseball coach. Any sort of progress here is better than none.

Wisco Pig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2018, 11:04:11 am »

Thank you, Kevin.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2018, 11:39:20 am »

he went on to say that wisconsin is missing a big opportunity not adding baseball

Wisco Pig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 12:10:39 pm »

he went on to say that wisconsin is missing a big opportunity not adding baseball

Yeah, Wisconsin's a baseball state.  The people support the Brewers very well when the team's worth watching.  I would have liked a local team to follow when I lived in Madison.  Everyone knows that the weather's not very hospitable in the early part of the season (and I'm sure someone will chime in about Title IX), but all the other Big 10 schools have figured out how to have a squad.  A couple of locals have been trying for years to get varsity baseball reinstated in Madison, and apparently they can't even get a meeting with Barry Alvarez or anyone else in the AD's office.

drizzle

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 01:01:38 pm »

You'd think an AD who doesn't have a baseball program would be all in favor of other schools wasting their budgets on a sport that, for most of them, already is a net monetary loss.  Less money for sports you do care about and all...

Amityvillehogger

• Veni, vidi, vici...
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2018, 01:40:43 pm »

Wisconsin has always been a little backwards. :D

Knot2brite

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 02:04:18 pm »

Yeah, Wisconsin's a baseball state.  The people support the Brewers very well when the team's worth watching.  I would have liked a local team to follow when I lived in Madison.  Everyone knows that the weather's not very hospitable in the early part of the season (and I'm sure someone will chime in about Title IX), but all the other Big 10 schools have figured out how to have a squad.  A couple of locals have been trying for years to get varsity baseball reinstated in Madison, and apparently they can't even get a meeting with Barry Alvarez or anyone else in the AD's office.

Wisconsin has softball and not baseball so Title IX doesnít really apply as well as the weather aspect...they donít want it and they donít want the 3rd assistant because it will make them have to answer why they donít have baseball

Wisco Pig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 02:18:08 pm »

Wisconsin has softball and not baseball so Title IX doesnít really apply as well as the weather aspect...they donít want it and they donít want the 3rd assistant because it will make them have to answer why they donít have baseball

Oh, I agree; none of the official excuses given make a lot of sense.   If all the other Big 10 schools can have baseball, there's no reason UW can't have it as well.     
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas