• 10,057,010 Posts
• 402,611 Topics
• 23,008 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Agim and Pulley  (Read 14742 times)

UnknownNobody

Re: Agim and Pulley
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2018, 12:05:26 pm »

No way, keep him where he is and just hope half the holding calls are actually called this year. That gives us -100 yards on defense every game.

Dorian Gerald is just as good, Sosa is a prototypical 3Tech in many NFL schemes. Chavis knows what he is doing.

#hammerdown

• Senior
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2018, 02:34:47 pm »

Chris Houston in 2007 ran a 4.32, Batman Carroll in 2004 ran a 4.34, Michael Grant in 2008 ran a 4.37.

Cool website, has all the numbers since 2000 with good filters.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/nfl-combine-results.cgi

I counted 16 players from Arkansas who ran less than 4.6 in almost 20 years of statistics.  That  tells you a lot about where we are as a program.  You can also compare our record with the years we had multiple players on the team running a sub 4.6.  It is very telling

You either have speed or you are chasing speed.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RaisinHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2018, 03:37:19 pm »

I also noticed on agims Twitter he said " just finished up my college classes " could be forshadowing he gona try the league

VirginiaHog

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2018, 03:59:17 pm »

I also noticed on agims Twitter he said " just finished up my college classes " could be forshadowing he gona try the league
That's how I took it. Hope I'm wrong.

lasthog

« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2018, 08:30:27 pm »

Sosa’s stats aren’t great but there is a reason. If even 1/3 of the holds were called, games wouldn’t look quite as bad. Guys struggle to block him, even the “best” OLineman on the “best” teams. Kid can play but when you’re being choked out and hogtied by the OL...numbers won’t be great.

Couldn't agree more. Very often teams have two ends that can create havoc, so opposing offenses have a "pick your poison" situation.

Too often Sosa was the only poison on our line.

Hognspace

• Varsity
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2018, 08:50:28 pm »

Couldn't agree more. Very often teams have two ends that can create havoc, so opposing offenses have a "pick your poison" situation.

Too often Sosa was the only poison on our line.

His support of the drug lord in a tweet tells me all I need to know about Sosa.  Bye...

Ray_Finkle

• Varsity
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2018, 09:16:25 am »

His support of the drug lord in a tweet tells me all I need to know about Sosa.  Bye...

I've also heard that a key player on the women's bball team might go down with the aforementioned "drug lord."  Evidently, said drug lord's supplier, is key players boyfriend.....

RaisinHog

« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2018, 09:25:09 am »

This is dumb .. it would be like your brother getting arrested your not gona throw him under the bus... With that being said he always said he was coming here for 3 years graduating and going too the NFL ... I suspect he will do just that

AirWarren

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Football impotence of the Midwest
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2018, 09:26:09 am »

This is dumb .. it would be like your brother getting arrested your not gona throw him under the bus... With that being said he always said he was coming here for 3 years graduating and going too the NFL ... I suspect he will do just that

Yup. If so, see ya.

Nashville Fan

• Welcome to next year!
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2018, 09:31:42 am »

This

The Hawgman

« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2018, 09:34:37 am »

Pulley tweeted this am:  "All The Recruits/Freshmen That’s Coming To The University Of Arkansas The Time Is NOW You Coming In To Play NOW!, No Waiting!! Let’s GET READY TO WORK! 💯🐗"
After his suspension if rebounds like that I will be pulling for him to have a great year as a hog and then get in the NFL

Uncle Remus

• Varsity
  • Whatya hear...whatya say?!?
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2018, 09:37:06 am »

This

You may be right....or...he could just be finished up with his classes for the semester....just saying.

RaisinHog

« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2018, 09:56:47 am »

You may be right....or...he could just be finished up with his classes for the semester....just saying.

Acctually I didn't quote the tweet he said last college classes I  think .. il put it this way it sounded like he was done

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2018, 09:58:42 am »

Pulley staying, Agim is gonzo. Like , I'm 95% sure he gone.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2018, 10:03:09 am »

Apparently you're not the ride or die kind of person, you love your friends even when they do something wrong if you are a true friend.

Uncle Remus

• Varsity
  • Whatya hear...whatya say?!?
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2018, 10:09:06 am »

Pulley staying, Agim is gonzo. Like , I'm 95% sure he gone.

It is certainly sounding like a man on his way out.  I hope that it works out for him.  He has the tools...just hope they are refined enough to make it in a dog eat dog world.  The worst thing that could happen for him is to be out of the league in 2-3 years wishing he would have played one more in college.  It really could make all the difference in the world.

AirWarren

« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2018, 01:22:32 pm »

It is certainly sounding like a man on his way out.  I hope that it works out for him.  He has the tools...just hope they are refined enough to make it in a dog eat dog world.  The worst thing that could happen for him is to be out of the league in 2-3 years wishing he would have played one more in college.  It really could make all the difference in the world.

These kind of me attitudes is the ones we have to cull out of the program. If he indeed leaves, so be it. We are revamping the entire program.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2018, 01:32:29 pm »

addition by subtraction...

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2018, 01:44:23 pm »

In Sosa's defense, I heard there are family issues. Even if he is taken in the 5th or 6th round, a rookie contract is $400,000 of life-changing salary per year. Then, with NFL coaching, if he becomes the player a lot of people think he can be, he could be making REALLY big bucks very soon.

Sure, it's risky. May not work out. But then again, he could get injured in the Spring game and have a big setback.

I appreciate the effort and work he put in, and DEFINITELY, as a Hog fan, hope he returns. In fact, I hope he returns, stays healthy, and blossoms into the monster he could be before turning pro and making millions.

Either way, I wish him the very best.

AirWarren

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2018, 01:50:26 pm »

In Sosa's defense, I heard there are family issues. Even if he is taken in the 5th or 6th round, a rookie contract is $400,000 of life-changing salary per year. Then, with NFL coaching, if he becomes the player a lot of people think he can be, he could be making REALLY big bucks very soon.

Sure, it's risky. May not work out. But then again, he could get injured in the Spring game and have a big setback.

I appreciate the effort and work he put in, and DEFINITELY, as a Hog fan, hope he returns. In fact, I hope he returns, stays healthy, and blossoms into the monster he could be before turning pro and making millions.

Agreed.

The young man comes from a rough background. I wish he would stay and get his degree for life after football. Because you know there will be a lot of hands waiting for their “share” of that NFL check.

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2018, 01:57:28 pm »

Agreed.

The young man comes from a rough background. I wish he would stay and get his degree for life after football. Because you know there will be a lot of hands waiting for their “share” of that NFL check.

Without a doubt, AW.

Pork Ranger

« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2018, 02:58:45 pm »

103.7 the buzz regurgitation

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2018, 03:05:41 pm »

103.7 the buzz regurgitation
Might have been. Does that just automatically make it incorrect?

I suppose you're the Real Expert in the situation. Just know all about it, do you?

LOL! Right...

RaisinHog

« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2018, 03:12:12 pm »

Agreed.

I suspect he will have his degree now . He is a smart young man

Beardog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2018, 04:19:52 pm »

Players have tended to get life insurance policies for these instances. If they get injured and that would hurt his draft stock, he can cash in on the policy. It won’t be 400k based on production but better than nothing.

justmakeit2thebcs

« Reply #75 on: December 24, 2018, 09:02:31 pm »

How fluid were their hips? Could they jam a WR at the line ?

870rzrback

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #76 on: December 24, 2018, 09:53:12 pm »

Apparently you're not the ride or die kind of person, you love your friends even when they do something wrong if you are a true friend.

Yeah but you don't say #freemydrugdealingfriend like it was wrong to arrest him... you tell your friend to sack up take their punishment for doing stupid darn and don't do the stupid darn again when their punishment is over. Being "ride or die" has nothing to do with making stupid comments.

HogFoo

« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2018, 10:40:13 pm »

Anybody know the deadline for when they have to make their decision on entering the draft or staying. I’m assuming they both submitted to be graded. I will respect any decision they make but in my opinion if you’re not projected in the top 3 rounds then may be best to stay in school.
Pulley hurt himself in my opinion. From his play to his late season antics. From his tweets, i believe he is coming back.  Agim on the other hand, he did type something about being done with school for good or something similar?    I think that he could probably just focus on training for the combine and probably go.  With a good enough combine, he could probably go top 3 round.  His season wasnt the greatest, he was held a LOT.  He's definitely got NFL talent tho. i hope he comes back, but i am doubtful.  To me, if he does, thats one of the biggest recruits Morris could have got.  perhaps the Chief will speak to him and say, give him another year to mold him into a long time NFL player.  The defense was definitely good enough to have won games.  The offense just was stinky.  Who knows.  if i had to bet tho, i'd say Agim is gone.   

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #78 on: December 25, 2018, 11:42:27 am »

I just don't see the speed Pulley needs to play in the NFL.  I don't see him being in the same league as these guys and they had decent NFL careers.
Chris Houston in 2007 4.32, Batman Carroll in 2004 4.34, Michael Grant in 2008 4.37.  I think Houston played the longest.

What makes Pulley so good other than being the best DB on a terrible defense.

isavedjazz

« Reply #79 on: December 25, 2018, 12:38:21 pm »

I just don't see the speed Pulley needs to play in the NFL.  I don't see him being in the same league as these guys and they had decent NFL careers.
Chris Houston in 2007 4.32, Batman Carroll in 2004 4.34, Michael Grant in 2008 4.37.  I think Houston played the longest.

What makes Pulley so good other than being the best DB on a terrible defense.

You’re right. He’s good when he can keep up with the receiver but generally he is just not fast enough for the NFL

Hognspace

• Varsity
« Reply #80 on: December 25, 2018, 09:10:52 pm »

Yeah but you don't say #freemydrugdealingfriend like it was wrong to arrest him... you tell your friend to sack up take their punishment for doing stupid darn and don't do the stupid darn again when their punishment is over. Being "ride or die" has nothing to do with making stupid comments.

Thank you!

I don’t ride with felons...

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #81 on: December 25, 2018, 10:11:15 pm »

If Agim does go pro so be it. Most over rated player since Winston and IMO Winston was better than Agim. If he comes back maybe he will actually be a difference maker to this point he's not really been anything other than a good player with little or no impact.

Way to much worrying about an average player.

PorkFromOrk

« Reply #82 on: December 26, 2018, 09:12:37 am »

If Agim does go pro so be it. Most over rated player since Winston and IMO Winston was better than Agim. If he comes back maybe he will actually be a difference maker to this point he's not really been anything other than a good player with little or no impact.

If you look purely at numbers it would seem that way but if you focus on him when watching the game you would see that he is held and/or double teamed almost every down.  He is a very talented player who, with some help in the front 7, could be dominant IMO. 

hogfan1981

• Varsity
« Reply #83 on: December 26, 2018, 09:52:08 am »

Nothing to do with ride or die. Of course, you still love your friends, no matter what. Then again, maybe he should have made better decisions in choosing the company he keeps. Regardless, you stick by them, but you do so while they are being held accountable for their decisions and behavior. You don't advocate for them just because they are a friend when they break the law. However, once they have been held accountable, you try to help them in an attempt to prevent them from making the same dumb decisions again. At least, that's what I would hope my friends would do.

Hogmatic

« Reply #84 on: December 26, 2018, 01:20:08 pm »

If you look purely at numbers it would seem that way but if you focus on him when watching the game you would see that he is held and/or double teamed almost every down.  He is a very talented player who, with some help in the front 7, could be dominant IMO.

Yep he created 1 on 1 for Watts that let him go free so Agim made the others better via his double teams.

lakecityhog

« Reply #85 on: December 26, 2018, 01:25:41 pm »

Some of you people are actually too stupid to be considered a fan!!!

247Hog

« Reply #86 on: December 26, 2018, 04:34:43 pm »

Some of you people are actually too stupid to be considered a fan!!!

Wow, insightful. Nothing like winning people over to your side of thinking than using a good ol insult to convince them.

ricepig

« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2018, 04:41:47 pm »

Wow, insightful. Nothing like winning people over to your side of thinking than using a good ol insult to convince them.

Super fan, I guess.....

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #88 on: December 26, 2018, 06:12:57 pm »

You’re either blinded by your hatred for the kid or your knowledge of football is lacking. I guess the kid being awful is why other teams always put 2 players on him.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #89 on: December 26, 2018, 06:21:46 pm »

Great players are always going to be schemed for and they are always going to be held, double teamed, etc.

For guys like that to show what they can really do, they need other players to step up and make plays so that teams can't just scheme against one or two players, but have to respect the entire group.

Agim has a ton of talent and play-making ability but if he has to defeat double teams or they run away from him a lot of the time, or they don't have to worry about his team mates because they are out of position, he is going to make fewer plays. Some folks look at things through a very narrow lens.

Jeter_1

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #90 on: December 26, 2018, 07:32:28 pm »

Great players are always going to be schemed for and they are always going to be held, double teamed, etc.

For guys like that to show what they can really do, they need other players to step up and make plays so that teams can't just scheme against one or two players, but have to respect the entire group.

Agim has a ton of talent and play-making ability but if he has to defeat double teams or they run away from him a lot of the time, or they don't have to worry about his team mates because they are out of position, he is going to make fewer plays. Some folks look at things through a very narrow lens.
I think this is exactly why Armon Watts was able to produce like he was.

The Hogfather

« Reply #91 on: December 26, 2018, 07:48:21 pm »

Pulley just tweeted this 2 seconds ago:  "All The Recruits/Freshmen That’s Coming To The University Of Arkansas The Time Is NOW You Coming In To Play NOW!, No Waiting!! Let’s GET READY TO WORK! 💯🐗"

Jahog2020

• Band Nerd
« Reply #92 on: December 26, 2018, 08:32:04 pm »

Ok, maybe I'm out of the loop or just old, but what is "stupid darn"?

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #93 on: December 26, 2018, 08:44:08 pm »

Some people do look at things through a made up lens. I just look at actual getting blocked and dominated. If you are right then he is most certainly gone. The NFL will see what you see and he will be a first rounder? I mean unless you think they see things through a very narrow lens?

He won't be drafted and IMO won't play in the NFL. I myself don't believe it's entirely his fault. Our development of lineman has been very poor. I won't lose sleep if he leaves and I do think he has a lot of talent. But to act like teams are running away from his is a joke. To say teams were scheming to nullify him is a joke.

No I don't see things in that wide view you have. I watch and see what is actually happening. I hope the kid is drafted and has a great NFL career..I haven't seen that type play from him to this point. But I base that opinion on watching the games.

greenEGnHAWGS

• Another day in HV Paradise...
« Reply #94 on: December 26, 2018, 08:44:25 pm »

...not sure if serious.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #95 on: December 26, 2018, 10:02:22 pm »

...not sure if serious.

Let me enlighten you. Yes you can be sure I am serious.

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2018, 10:07:33 pm »

Let me enlighten you. Yes you can be sure I am serious.

Winston barely played. Agim has been our best Dlineman for 2 years.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2018, 10:13:56 pm »

Winston barely played. Agim has been our best Dlineman for 2 years.

Maybe so maybe so. Didn't Winston actually hang around the NFL a couple of years?

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2018, 10:25:28 pm »

Maybe so maybe so. Didn't Winston actually hang around the NFL a couple of years?

No, he signed a UDF deal and was cut in fall camp.

Freddie Bledsoe had a similar deal despite barely playing here as well. Another kid with the measurables without the production

RaisinHog

« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2018, 08:24:28 am »

There's a whole lot of dumb in this thread ..
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas