• 10,058,682 Posts
• 402,657 Topics
• 23,009 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Agim and Pulley  (Read 14748 times)

The Hogfather

Re: Agim and Pulley
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2018, 08:25:45 am »

Breaking Twitter news (from Pulley):  "All The Recruits/Freshmen Thatís Coming To The University Of Arkansas The Time Is NOW You Coming In To Play NOW!, No Waiting!! Letís GET READY TO WORK! 💯🐗"

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2018, 08:33:56 am »

Some people do look at things through a made up lens. I just look at actual getting blocked and dominated. If you are right then he is most certainly gone. The NFL will see what you see and he will be a first rounder? I mean unless you think they see things through a very narrow lens?

He won't be drafted and IMO won't play in the NFL. I myself don't believe it's entirely his fault. Our development of lineman has been very poor. I won't lose sleep if he leaves and I do think he has a lot of talent. But to act like teams are running away from his is a joke. To say teams were scheming to nullify him is a joke.

No I don't see things in that wide view you have. I watch and see what is actually happening. I hope the kid is drafted and has a great NFL career..I haven't seen that type play from him to this point. But I base that opinion on watching the games.

Those comments I made seem to really bother you. You said that you thought that he has a lot of talent, I agree with you. I believe (opinion based on watching games) that he has potential that hasn't been realized so far. I know that he has been doubled and has been blatantly held a lot and it hasn't been called. If others on the D-Line can pick up their game you may see teams not be able to double Agim so often and that will offer him a greater opportunity to shine.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pudgepork

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2018, 08:39:52 am »

Those comments I made seem to really bother you. You said that you thought that he has a lot of talent, I agree with you. I believe (opinion based on watching games) that he has potential that hasn't been realized so far. I know that he has been doubled and has been blatantly held a lot and it hasn't been called. If others on the D-Line can pick up their game you may see teams not be able to double Agim so often and that will offer him a greater opportunity to shine.

Agim hurts more than helps. Its obvious that he is invisible.  I've seen obvious holds, takedowns and strangle holds happen right in front of the refs and never get called.  Hogs need someone at that position who is at least visible.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2018, 08:43:42 am »

Agim hurts more than helps. Its obvious that he is invisible.  I've seen obvious holds, takedowns and strangle holds happen right in front of the refs and never get called.  Hogs need someone at that position who is at least visible.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

navyhog24

« Reply #104 on: December 27, 2018, 09:04:34 am »

Winston barely played. Agim has been our best Dlineman for 2 years.

Agim can't even dominate against the G5 and FCS schools. If he is our best lineman the past 2 years, then we need a total rehaul on the DL. Yes, he was a 5*, but any common schmo can see the guy was overrated and has't met up to expectations.

King Kong

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #105 on: December 27, 2018, 09:31:10 am »

Agim can't even dominate against the G5 and FCS schools. If he is our best lineman the past 2 years, then we need a total rehaul on the DL. Yes, he was a 5*, but any common schmo can see the guy was overrated and has't met up to expectations.

He absolutely dominated Miss St 2 years ago. Agim is the guy OCís are game planning against.

Iím not sure he would get drafted currently. But that had more to do with his tweener size than impact on games

10 Tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks and 3 Force Fumbles this season
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:36:53 pm by King Kong »

Pudgepork

« Reply #106 on: December 27, 2018, 01:02:19 pm »

We will just have to agree to disagree.

I apologize Muskogee.  I meant it as sarcastic humor.  Ill work on my slapstick schtick when i recover from holiday eating overload. 

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2018, 04:13:14 pm »

I apologize Muskogee.  I meant it as sarcastic humor.  Ill work on my slapstick schtick when i recover from holiday eating overload.
Man, I knew what you meant. I've noticed that too. I mean RIGHT in front of refs. Refs literally looking right at the play while he was held, tackled, NO call.

I really believe he would have been among the top players in the SEC if the refs just called those penalties a few times. Once people saw they had to actually BLOCK him--it would have been over.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2018, 04:38:30 pm »

Nothing to apologize for. I thought perhaps you were just kidding but these days it is hard to tell. Look at Navyhog24's post right below mine, above. I agree that Agim hasn't fulfilled his anticipated potential to date, but this is a team sport and if everyone else holds up their end in terms of responsibilities, we might see Agim creating more havoc in the backfield.

B Ray

• whitehog
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2018, 05:14:19 pm »

if Agim was our best DL and the others wasnít as dominate , the OL could double team and slow our DL down , the more 4&5* players we get , the less they opposing teams can double team our DL ..

Pudgepork

« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2018, 09:23:11 pm »

Watts had a really good year but id bet Agim helped him.  I didnt watch many games this year after i saw the bama o line get away with so much but Agim seemed to give max effort on every play.  i couldnt say the same for several others.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2018, 09:48:18 pm »

Hard for me to be bothered on a message board these days. I promise there is way more important things than talking football.

Agim has not had much impact and IMO is not a NFL ready player. I hope you guys are right and he is getting held or the other dlineman are the reason and that is going to change. I do not think he has developed since he's been on the hill. Physically he looks the same as he did coming out of HS. I wonder what kind of speed he has I wonder what his numbers will be at the combine? But no talking football is no  longer a thing that I will get bothered by I promise you that. Reading on this board what I post is nothing personal or out of angry. I do come across as a smart ass when someone comes at me like a smart ass. 

JackJohnson

« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2019, 08:19:33 am »

He absolutely dominated Miss St 2 years ago. Agim is the guy OCís are game planning against.

Iím not sure he would get drafted currently. But that had more to do with his tweener size than impact on games

10 Tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks and 3 Force Fumbles this season

There is little doubt Agim has NFL talent/potential.  However the fact he is able to dominate a school like MSU but is a complete no show against CSU, UNT, etc doesnít exactly appeal to NFL scouts.  The fact that he is a fringe NFL prospect (in what is considered the best DL class in many years) screams return to school.  If he leaves early to not get drafted, or get drafted at a practice squad pick range (3rd day), then what purpose does that serve?

Iím not sweating Agim leaving early, if he does based on his current 3rd day/undrafted status that tells me all I need to know about him as a teammate and his dedication to the team and we are better off with kids that have completely bought in to the current coaching staff

drocktulsa

• Band Nerd
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2019, 11:48:15 am »

I vaguely recall Agim stating during his recruiting something to the affect that he was 3 and done. I hope that is not the case.

Denver Kirkland said the same thing during his recruiting and followed through with it after year 3. We saw how well that worked out for him.

Gorazorbacks

• Walk-On
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2019, 12:01:11 pm »

Agrim needs to come back and prove himself for an entire year!!

presidenthog

« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2019, 05:08:17 pm »

Agim should come back. He has not been very dominant up to this point.

sowmonella

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • You know I'm right.
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2019, 05:36:34 pm »

A great 2019 could set Agim up for life. He really needs a breakout season. Declaring for the draft would be a huge financial mistake in my uneducated opinion.

VirginiaHog

« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2019, 08:54:30 pm »

Hes back!

imtad16

« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2019, 10:48:39 pm »

I like seeing the pride out of our seniors to be that could have bailed. Ready or not I think all 3 of them would have been drafted.

Tick Hog

« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2019, 01:23:44 am »

I like seeing the pride out of our seniors to be that could have bailed. Ready or not I think all 3 of them would have been drafted.
I have no doubt they would have been drafted somewhere but think they all made the right decision. That will give us at a minimum of a SR with NFL talent on each level of our defense. Iím just as excited about their leadership possibilities as their play. Weíre a lot better with them then without.

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2019, 04:15:11 am »

There is little doubt Agim has NFL talent/potential.  However the fact he is able to dominate a school like MSU but is a complete no show against CSU, UNT, etc doesnít exactly appeal to NFL scouts.  The fact that he is a fringe NFL prospect (in what is considered the best DL class in many years) screams return to school.  If he leaves early to not get drafted, or get drafted at a practice squad pick range (3rd day), then what purpose does that serve?

This ^^^^

Also 4.5 sacks does nothing to move the needle in NFL circles.

AlmaHog2011

« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2019, 02:14:37 pm »

Breaking Twitter news (from Pulley):  "All The Recruits/Freshmen Thatís Coming To The University Of Arkansas The Time Is NOW You Coming In To Play NOW!, No Waiting!! Letís GET READY TO WORK! 💯🐗"

If Pulley and Sosa are 100% into Arkansas Football they could make a big difference. Maybe we could have a middle of the pack defense. I am so tired of watching the worst defense in the SEC. Until we make progress and a lot of it we aren't going to win enough to get into a bowl game. Yes we need a QB but we also need major improvement on defense.

runninrazorback

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2019, 01:59:48 pm »

Pulleys gone.

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2019, 02:02:45 pm »

Pulleys gone.

That's not smart on his part cause he's definitely not ready but best of luck Ryan.

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2019, 02:07:23 pm »

That's not smart on his part cause he's definitely not ready but best of luck Ryan.
Maybe he was encouraged to..

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #125 on: January 07, 2019, 02:34:46 pm »

Maybe he was encouraged to..

That thought did cross my mind but if it did happen it would be to make the numbers work not because of talent. For as bad as our secondary played he is still the most talented Corner we have, or had I should say.

WOOPIGDOOIE

• Senior
« Reply #126 on: January 07, 2019, 04:40:44 pm »

That thought did cross my mind but if it did happen it would be to make the numbers work not because of talent. For as bad as our secondary played he is still the most talented Corner we have, or had I should say.
It could have been attitude related as well.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas