• 10,154,529 Posts
• 405,153 Topics
• 23,127 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Agim and Pulley  (Read 14960 times)

Tick Hog

Agim and Pulley
« on: December 07, 2018, 01:43:18 pm »

Anybody know the deadline for when they have to make their decision on entering the draft or staying. Iím assuming they both submitted to be graded. I will respect any decision they make but in my opinion if youíre not projected in the top 3 rounds then may be best to stay in school.

navyhog24

Re: Agim and Pulley
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 01:50:37 pm »

If either one enters, they are foolish to put it kindly.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

pigzwillrise

• All-American Hogvillian
  • WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 09:15:21 am »

Pulley is probably better off to just go.  He has talent but the attitude doesnít seem to be there. Sosa on the other hand could help us turn things around next year. He is a great player and plays so hard. Creates fumbles more than any DL I can remember

Pudgepork

• Horse Racings most unlikely champ
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2018, 09:34:15 am »

Both players are talented.  IF a lack of effort is what happened this past season, the culprits have had their say.  It's time to buy in and give max effort.  Effort will generate dollars if you show the nfl what you are capable of.  Buy in or exit because somebody will take your place

cpohog

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2018, 10:34:58 am »

I vaguely recall Agim stating during his recruiting something to the affect that he was 3 and done. I hope that is not the case.

hogbbq

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 10:50:43 am »

It will be so much better for any players who cannot fully committ and work their tails off to be gone.  Fill the spots with some juco's and lets get things up and running toward being competitive.

jackflash

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 11:03:42 am »

not sure the season Agim and pulley had impressed NFL scouts

pigroots

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2018, 11:15:29 am »

The NFL has little to no tolerance for "guys who don't buy in." That kind of label would kill their draft stock. Hopefully this is not the case. These guys will get their chance to make the league but would both benefit by returning and having solid senior seasons like Armon Watts

Fan1958

• Hogvillian
  • The Little Red Hen was obviously a conservative.
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2018, 11:33:33 am »

In all honesty I have not seen enough from either of them to suggest they are remotely ready to play in the NFL. Would expect more from a 5* player.

regi

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • We would owe Bert how much?
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2018, 11:38:14 am »

Agim would be a 3rd or 4th rounder, possibly higher. Prototype three four DE. I hope he comes back, would probably improve his stock, but do not fool yourself, he would be drafted this year, if he comes out.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 11:40:23 am »

Agim would be a 3rd or 4th rounder, possibly higher. Prototype three four DE. I hope he comes back, would probably improve his stock, but do not fool yourself, he would be drafted this year, if he comes out.

I think 4th round is his upper cap...   

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 11:41:21 am »

I thought Agim would be better, more like Q. Williams at bama.  He was lower rated than Agim and he reshirted but he does the things I thought Agim would do.

Pulley just needs to go.  His best move is hitting the WR in the facemask to throw off his route.  He doesn't have the speed.

I'd post it but don't feel like finding it, but all those Hog DBs that went to the NFL at the end of hootie, start of BP had elite speed, all ran under 4.4, some in the low 4.3's.  Without that speed I just don't see Pulley making it in the NFL.  If he does I'll eat my hat.

Jahog2020

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2018, 11:43:48 am »

Probably by the Patriots.  They seem to take our defensive linemen and turn them into all pros

plumbhog

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 04:20:31 pm »

I thought Agim would be better, more like Q. Williams at bama.  He was lower rated than Agim and he reshirted but he does the things I thought Agim would do.

Pulley just needs to go.  His best move is hitting the WR in the facemask to throw off his route.  He doesn't have the speed.

I'd post it but don't feel like finding it, but all those Hog DBs that went to the NFL at the end of hootie, start of BP had elite speed, all ran under 4.4, some in the low 4.3's.  Without that speed I just don't see Pulley making it in the NFL.  If he does I'll eat my hat.
Who ran in the low 4.3s

Tick Hog

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2018, 04:44:07 pm »

Letís not get irrational on Pulley. He is talented and could very well help our team next year with the right focus and attitude. I was furious at both he and Curl but boys will be boys. For anyone that says otherwise I would remind them that arguably our best turnaround player last year was Oígrady. He was the one refusing to go to workouts and skipping practices and getting called out by seniors on social media. He changed his attitude and it worked out for him and the team.

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2018, 04:51:31 pm »

Who ran in the low 4.3s

google NFL combine 40 times.  It's in there.

cardinalandwhite

« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2018, 09:25:21 pm »

Letís not get irrational on Pulley. He is talented and could very well help our team next year with the right focus and attitude. I was furious at both he and Curl but boys will be boys. For anyone that says otherwise I would remind them that arguably our best turnaround player last year was Oígrady. He was the one refusing to go to workouts and skipping practices and getting called out by seniors on social media. He changed his attitude and it worked out for him and the team.

I think the general theme this summer is get on board or get gone. I, for one, hope Pulley gets on board. Pulley, bought in, totally changes things for this defense. But he's gotta be bought in.

pigzwillrise

• WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 09:38:53 pm »

When I refer to pulley and attitude Iím talking about constant trash talk when we are down by 3 TDs and celebrating a tackle after WR catches a first down

Pigs in Zen

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2018, 10:56:58 pm »

When I refer to pulley and attitude Iím talking about constant trash talk when we are down by 3 TDs and celebrating a tackle after WR catches a first down

Thank you!! THIS absolutely drives me up the wall!

Let your work on the field do the talking, anything else when your team is getting beat is just noise.

arlhog

• Senior
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2018, 12:19:18 am »

Both would be wise to continue their college education.   I don't see either one going high enough in the draft to make it worth his while.   If nothing else, ask Denver Kirkland what he thinks. 

isavedjazz

« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2018, 02:46:11 am »

Donít get me wrong, I love Ryan Pulley and would love for him to stay... but am I the only one that wasnít very impressed with him this season?

Tick Hog

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2018, 04:42:41 am »

Donít get me wrong, I love Ryan Pulley and would love for him to stay... but am I the only one that wasnít very impressed with him this season?
He had his moments but overall it was a down year for him. Heís still the best we had and I would assume he holds that title until the younger guys get experience. As far as his after the play antics it drives me crazy as well and agree just play ball. With that said we didnít have a lot of good going for us this past year so if thatís how he feels he needs to keep his engine hot then I can overlook it.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2018, 11:31:36 am »

he has like 90 Press rating with 80 speed. the kid would be decent if we had a pass rush tho.

HawgTide

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2018, 12:29:04 pm »

Don’t get me wrong, I love Ryan Pulley and would love for him to stay... but am I the only one that wasn’t very impressed with him this season?

I was disappointed with his inability to shed WR blocks and often poor tackling this year. If Ryan fully buys in though, he has the skillset to have a great senior season

The Hawgman

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2018, 03:43:05 pm »

I was disappointed with his inability to shed WR blocks and often poor tackling this year. If Ryan fully buys in though, he has the skillset to have a great senior season
I agree if his heart is in it he will be an asset.

Hollywood_HOGan45

• Hollywood could coach better than nutt.
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2018, 08:36:53 pm »

Agim is very talented but I wouldnít want my Dallas Cowboys to draft anyone off this team.

jcul28

• Senior
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2018, 08:52:39 pm »

Sosaís stats arenít great but there is a reason. If even 1/3 of the holds were called, games wouldnít look quite as bad. Guys struggle to block him, even the ďbestĒ OLineman on the ďbestĒ teams. Kid can play but when youíre being choked out and hogtied by the OL...numbers wonít be great.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2018, 04:35:00 am »

This reminds me of a video I saw on George Michaels Sports Machine years ago (kids, that was ESPN Plays of the Week before ESPN) This was back in the day when college players could do "Sack Dances" and a DL blew up a play and sacked the QB. The DL is in the middle of his sack dance when another player taps him on the shoulder and points to the scoreboard (pan to scoreboard) The score was like 56-0 and the DL was on the defense that gave up 56.

I often think of that video when i see Pulley celebrate doing absolutely nothing.

hawgfan4life

« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2018, 06:46:08 pm »

Agim played hard almost every snap I watched him and he has a lot of talent.  He will certainly get drafted if he goes.   

#hammerdown

• Senior
  • Bring Back the Chrome Dome
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2018, 07:34:32 pm »

Sosaís stats arenít great but there is a reason. If even 1/3 of the holds were called, games wouldnít look quite as bad. Guys struggle to block him, even the ďbestĒ OLineman on the ďbestĒ teams. Kid can play but when youíre being choked out and hogtied by the OL...numbers wonít be great.

It is just sad that Agim is the only college player who deals with this.  None of the other defensive linemen in the SEC deal with this which is why they will go higher in the draft.....yes that is sarcasm.

Agim played in a bad scheme his first two years.  He needs another year to really have a chance to get drafted high in my opinion.

I do think he could get picked up by someone even if it is free agent deal.  I hope he stays but wish him the best if he goes.  I would imagine his frustration level is as high as anyone.  He literally could have gone anywhere.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2018, 07:50:25 pm »

In all honesty I have not seen enough from either of them to suggest they are remotely ready to play in the NFL. Would expect more from a 5* player.
Totally agree.  They need to come back and work hard on getting better and to be leaders in the classroom, the weight room and the practice field.

jcul28

• Senior
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2018, 10:56:21 pm »

It is just sad that Agim is the only college player who deals with this.  None of the other defensive linemen in the SEC deal with this which is why they will go higher in the draft.....yes that is sarcasm.

Agim played in a bad scheme his first two years.  He needs another year to really have a chance to get drafted high in my opinion.

I do think he could get picked up by someone even if it is free agent deal.  I hope he stays but wish him the best if he goes.  I would imagine his frustration level is as high as anyone.  He literally could have gone anywhere.

Obviously I didnít say he was the only one that gets wrestled repeatedly. I will say when it occurs multiple times per game, blatantly...with no calls, it does affect ones stats. Thatís just common sense though. And to add to it, yes, he needs to come back another year so more NFL teams can see that and see he still fought for tackles.

HogCzar1

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2018, 12:20:46 am »

Don’t get me wrong, I love Ryan Pulley and would love for him to stay... but am I the only one that wasn’t very impressed with him this season?

I was in attendance for every game this season. My biggest desire in this offseason is for anyone who is not totally bought in to Coach Morris, and who continues to possess the attitudes I witnessed on the field this year to find another home.

I personally don't think Pulley has the necessary athleticism to play in the NFL. He took many plays off, and did not possess the speed and quickness to cover top receivers consistently. In addition, he did not tackle well at all. Could he improve? Sure. Is he willing to? That's the question.

Sosa has the chance to play, but I would like to see him come back, improve his strength and stamina, and exhibit the type leadership he is capable of. That would enhance his draft status.

redleg

• Hogvillian
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 09:14:44 am »

Agim needs to come back and have a senior season like what Armon Watts just had (but better). Watts was Arkansas' best DL in 2018.

Grumpypenguin

• Varsity
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2018, 10:04:58 am »

Every year this forum highly overrates our own players in the draft. Agim is a 5th rounder AT BEST

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2018, 10:07:59 am »

Should be moved to MMQ. But in a way, Agim is an important piece they need to recruit back. Even though he has skill and we're thin at the position, Pulley as to get it together...

liljo

• Hogvillian
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2018, 10:12:00 am »

Agim needs to come back and have a senior season like what Armon Watts just had (but better). Watts was Arkansas' best DL in 2018.

I think the attention paid to Agim freed Watts up many times, as well. Watts took advantage of that, to his credit.

It's a team game.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2018, 10:12:35 am »

sounds like Pulley is coming back from his last tweet.

A Hogwork Orange

« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2018, 10:14:35 am »

The NFL has little to no tolerance for "guys who don't buy in." That kind of label would kill their draft stock. Hopefully this is not the case. These guys will get their chance to make the league but would both benefit by returning and having solid senior seasons like Armon Watts

Agreed. Coaching turnover is high in the NFL too. Constantly changing schemes mean you have to buy in so it is not a good luck for the next level.

imtad16

« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2018, 10:16:02 am »

sounds like Pulley is coming back from his last tweet.

Yep. I think so too. I like the enthusiasm.

hawgtime

« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2018, 10:17:14 am »

Most teams don't want a player that had a hard time with motivation in college when coaches are motivators since in the NFL the team relies on each player to motivate themselves.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2018, 10:21:03 am »

Yep. I think so too. I like the enthusiasm.
i need to learn how to post pics..lololol

UnknownNobody

« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2018, 10:21:47 am »

Quote from: liljo link=[sup
[/sup]topic=673307.msg11843813#msg11843813 date=1544544720]
I think the attention paid to Agim freed Watts up many times, as well. Watts took advantage of that, to his credit.

It's a team game.

And if Sosa would accept moving to the 3Tech he would blow up like Watts did.

Adam Stokes

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2018, 10:28:13 am »

Who ran in the low 4.3s

Chris Houston in 2007 ran a 4.32, Batman Carroll in 2004 ran a 4.34, Michael Grant in 2008 ran a 4.37.

Cool website, has all the numbers since 2000 with good filters.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/nfl-combine-results.cgi

A Hogwork Orange

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2018, 10:37:29 am »

And if Sosa would accept moving to the 3Tech he would blow up like Watts did.

No way, keep him where he is and just hope half the holding calls are actually called this year. That gives us -100 yards on defense every game.

gmarv

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2018, 11:02:11 am »

No way, keep him where he is and just hope half the holding calls are actually called this year. That gives us -100 yards on defense every game.
I would settle for a quarter of them but probable not gonna happen.

gaylen54

• Bench Warmer
  • Hogville Lurker since 2011, Hog fan since 1954
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2018, 11:10:34 am »

Pulley tweeted this am:  "All The Recruits/Freshmen Thatís Coming To The University Of Arkansas The Time Is NOW You Coming In To Play NOW!, No Waiting!! Letís GET READY TO WORK! 💯🐗"

WooPig90

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2018, 11:33:55 am »

Pulley tweeted this am:  "All The Recruits/Freshmen Thatís Coming To The University Of Arkansas The Time Is NOW You Coming In To Play NOW!, No Waiting!! Letís GET READY TO WORK! 💯🐗"

Scroll up.

plumbhog

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2018, 11:36:14 am »

Chris Houston in 2007 ran a 4.32, Batman Carroll in 2004 ran a 4.34, Michael Grant in 2008 ran a 4.37.

Cool website, has all the numbers since 2000 with good filters.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/play-index/nfl-combine-results.cgi
Thank you.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas