• 10,019,276 Posts
• 401,573 Topics
• 22,978 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Terry Wallace has passed away  (Read 250 times)

kingoftherapids

Terry Wallace has passed away
« on: December 06, 2018, 10:11:47 am »

Post your favorite terry call

cbhawg03

Re: Terry Wallace has passed away
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 11:52:00 am »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fqwyeGQrPC4

I don’t know if best call, but one of the best, if not the best race, that seen in person at OP.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HawgWild

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Left lane, Hey!? Where’s my hammer?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 11:53:58 am »

I always liked his oft used phrase "he's pickin 'em up and layin 'em down!"

ghostzapper

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 09:10:27 pm »

Oh man.  Saddens me greatly.  Lots of fond memories with Terry in Oaklawn and LAD pressboxes. One of them was celebrating a big pick 6 hit at LAD.  RIP.

husker71

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 09:30:26 pm »

I 1st met him when he was announcer at Aksarben and also jockey agent for Bruce Brown (hope my memory is right about the name)  He was knowledgeable about racing tactics which I think really helped him with his calls.  His best calls IMHO were his Who Doctor Who calls who he once told me and Herb Reicken was his favorite horse but that was years ago.  Sorry to hear of his passing

NorTexArky

• Band Nerd
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 10:02:11 pm »

RIP to a Great race caller. Back in the mid 80's when I was a regular attendee at Oaklawn (and lived in state) there were some memorable calls even in mid level claiming races especially with closers. Two favorites that stand out of that type: 1985 Closing weekend 2nd half of the double (the 1st race won by Larry Snyder of course) my buddy & I are in the Post Parade Dining Room and we've got the $5 double working with a 8 yr old gelding that hadn't raced in 18 months but had back class from California and over 20 lengths of published works. When Terry says--They're at the top of the stretch AND HERE..... COMES......TRUCKLOAD!!!!! We're jumping up and down and everyone around us is like WHO? Truckload wins by two and its a double that pays $150 for a $2 ticket. I think he went off at 12-1 or more and we also had him across the board.
Next is 1986 Closing weekend 10th race for claimers I've got two horses boxed an Arky bred Sauvage's Image and Crafty Mouse. Looks like I'm going to miss the exacta but mid-stretch Terry calls out : "And the challenge will come from Crafty Mouse!!" and they finished 1-2 with the Mouse on top at better odds. After that race my buddy and I when predicting a closer's race would always say-And the challenge will come from Crafty Mouse!! Those were great days and Terry Wallace was and will always be the best.

holeinthewall

• Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2018, 10:33:42 am »

My memory (worst) was him picking Mayo on the side on breeders cup day 04? Not sure the year. I had Azeri singled on the P4 and Mayo won by a head.  P4 paid 40k.   Still pissed.  Awful ride on Azeri that day.

OaklawnCapper

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2018, 08:40:01 am »

I always enjoyed Terry’s calls.  One of my favorites is from the 95’ Oaklawn Handicap with Cigar.  For some reason I always got a good chuckle when he would announce the track condition.

HawgWild

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Left lane, Hey!? Where’s my hammer?
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 09:31:41 am »

For some reason I always got a good chuckle when he would announce the track condition.

"Today's track condition ... ...                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Fast".
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas