• 10,158,254 Posts
• 405,226 Topics
• 23,131 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Keeping up with the roster changes.  (Read 6399 times)

lakecityhog

Keeping up with the roster changes.
« on: November 29, 2018, 08:55:06 pm »

3  Kirby Adcock, OL, Sophomore   McTelvin Agim, DL, Senior  Jamario Bell, DE, Senior

6  Montaric Brown, CB, Sophomore  Austin Capps, OG, Senior'  Ty Clary, C, Junior

9  Shane Clenin, OL, Sophomore  Kamren Curl, S, Junior  Jordon Curtis, DB, Sophomore

12 Deon Edwards, LB, Junior  Briston Guidry, DL, Junior  Grayson Gunter, TE, Junior

15 T.J. Hammonds, RB, Senior  De'Jon Harris, LB, Senior  Chase Hayden, RB, Junior

18 Hayden Henry, LB, Junior  Daulton Hyatt, QB, Sophomore  Colton Jackson, OT, Senior

21 Koilan Jackson, WR, Sophomore  Alexy Jean-Baptiste, DE, Junior  Blake Johnson, P, Senior

24 Hayden Johnson, FB, Senior  Jordan Jones, WR, Junior  Cole Kelley, QB, Junior

27 Giovannia LaFrance, LB, Junior  Connor LImpert, K, Senior  Jonathan Marshall, DT, Junior

30 Jarques McClellion, CB, Sophomore  D'Vone McClure, LB, Junior  Grant Morgan, LB, Junior

33 Cheyenne O'Grady, TE, Senior La'Michael Pettway, WR, Senior  David Porter, DE, Sophomore

36 Ryan Pulley, CB, Senior  Gabe Richardson, DE, Senior  Micahh Smith, S, Junior

39 T.J. Smith, DT, Senior  Deon Stewart, WR, Senior Ty Storey, QB, Senior

42 Britto Tutt, CB, Senior  Dalton Wagner, OT, Sophomore  Dee Walker, LB, Junior

45 De'Vion Warren, WR, Junior Devwah Whaley, RB, Senior  Courtre Alexander, DE, Freshman

48 LaDarrius Bishop, CB, Freshman  Billy Ferrell, DL, Freshman  Rakeem Boyd, RB, Junior

51 Joseph Foucha, S, Sophomore  Nicholas Fulwider, DL, Freshman  Noah Gatlin, OT, Freshman

54 Dorian Gerald, DE, Senior  John Stephen Jones, QB, Freshman  Myles Mason, S, Sophomore

57 Isaiah Nichols, DL, Freshman  Connor Noland, QB, Freshman  Andrew Parker, LB, Freshman

60 Bumper Pool, LB, Sophomore  Silas Robinson, OL, Freshman  Ryan Winkel, OT, Freshman

62 Michael Woods, WR, Sophomore  Chase Harrell, WR, Senior

Removing Williams puts us at 62 right now, to get 29 in and hit the 85 number we have to get down to 56. As names come out I will modify this list to see just how we get to 56. I will only modify based on a twitter announcement by player, University announcement or Otis putting it out.

I think there are probably a couple of fairly obvious candidates to transfer and I just have a gut feel that we lose 1 to early NFL departure. I really don't believe that any of the 3 should go.

Have I missed anyone?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 04:09:12 pm by lakecityhog »

woodrow hog call

Re: Keeping up with the roster changes.
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 09:08:42 pm »

Math? Nobody said there was going to be math!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Tick Hog

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 10:44:29 pm »

I also don’t think any should declare but I think 2 leave. Going down the roster I see at least 8-9 others that have been passed up by younger players so I don’t think 56 will be hard to get to. I understand that we can only sign 29 but let’s say  we have scholarships to give. How soon can a PWO that comes in this year receive one of those if they’re available?

MissippHog

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 01:20:04 am »

Do we get to choose which ones we'd like to remove?

AugustaHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 06:07:50 am »

It would be a shock to lose anybody on the OL.  We’re not running off warm bodies.  If somebody leaves there would obviously be some underlying issues and not necessarily talent problems.  I figure you will see some DL and WR atrition based off the numbers we are bringing in.  Any further losses at RB will leave us awful thin there as well. 

The 501 Flex

• Band Nerd
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 01:41:52 pm »

Thanks for putting this together. Instead of listing the 62 scholarship players for next season alphabetically, it would be much easier to analyze sorting them by positional group and year. That way we can easily identify the count of each group and which upper class-men have been surpassed by young players. Thus, making it easier to form our own (uneducated) opinions on which players to target as transfers out. Newcomers could then be added once LOIs are received on NSDs given a better projection on next seasons roster. Thanks!

navyhog24

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 01:45:39 pm »

I also don’t think any should declare but I think 2 leave. Going down the roster I see at least 8-9 others that have been passed up by younger players so I don’t think 56 will be hard to get to. I understand that we can only sign 29 but let’s say  we have scholarships to give. How soon can a PWO that comes in this year receive one of those if they’re available?

If there were more than 29 to give, the coaches could also go after any regular transfers as well that would have to sit out a year.

lakecityhog

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 11:58:39 am »

Not a roster change, but with the decommitt of Williams we are back to 6 scholarships to get to 29. That means we still need 6 transfers to get to 85, correct?

lakecityhog

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 02:39:14 pm »

It seems to have started, I have lined thru Cole Kelley since he has issued transfer statement.
That gets us to 61 on scholarship and the magic number is 56.
Since Williams decommitted we have 6 slots to get to the 29 that Morris has projected.

lakecityhog

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2018, 09:03:36 pm »

Calloway did not appear on my list which came from Otis.  It looks like we are still needing 6 scholarships to open up. It looks like we are also working with 8 or 9 recruits.

lakecityhog

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 09:24:35 am »

I struck through Dee Walker, may be a bit premature, but my guess is that he will not survive this.

This puts us at 60 so we still expect 4 to leave.

lakecityhog

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2018, 03:42:05 pm »

Rumors of transfer by Alexy Jean-Baptiste are posted in MMQB, waiting on something semi-official before striking through his name.
This would get us down to 59 or 3 short of where we need to be.

UnknownNobody

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2018, 04:01:50 pm »

Rumors of transfer by Alexy Jean-Baptiste are posted in MMQB, waiting on something semi-official before striking through his name.
This would get us down to 59 or 3 short of where we need to be.

SDS posted he was transferring earlier today, they cited Trey Biddy as their source.

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2018, 08:14:24 pm »

A 2nd string Punter isn't likely to stick nor are guys who play FB..

If we bring in a grad transfer at QB, that would be two coming in with only one leaving so far, making 6. CM has stated before that the ideal is 5 on scholarship..

There will have to be a few more subtracted to bring in 29. A player who is going into the 3rd or 4th year who hasn't been playing is likely to be the odd man out in the game of musical chairs..

Any player who signed with the old regime and is buried on the depth chart is a candidate to go elsewhere or go on medical if they qualify.

Any player in those categories who lands in the headlines for the wrong reasons makes the decision easier for the coaches.

Tick Hog

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2018, 10:55:19 pm »

I kind of expected to hear of a transfer from D Hyatt by now. However that would leave just Ty and Jones to run spring practices. God for bid one got hurt or hell just banged up how would you get quality reps that’s much needed ?

lakecityhog

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2019, 05:07:49 pm »

Noland will participate this spring to some degree.
With Agim and Harris coming back we are only waiting on Pulley to know where we stand on early departures.
If we go with a full 29 it looks like we still need 6 slots to open up.

hawgtime

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2019, 07:36:09 pm »

3  Kirby Adcock, OL, Sophomore   McTelvin Agim, DL, Senior  Jamario Bell, DE, Senior

6  Montaric Brown, CB, Sophomore  Austin Capps, OG, Senior'  Ty Clary, C, Junior

9  Shane Clenin, OL, Sophomore  Kamren Curl, S, Junior  Jordon Curtis, DB, Sophomore

12 Deon Edwards, LB, Junior  Briston Guidry, DL, Junior  Grayson Gunter, TE, Junior

15 T.J. Hammonds, RB, Senior  De'Jon Harris, LB, Senior  Chase Hayden, RB, Junior

18 Hayden Henry, LB, Junior  Daulton Hyatt, QB, Sophomore  Colton Jackson, OT, Senior

21 Koilan Jackson, WR, Sophomore  Alexy Jean-Baptiste, DE, Junior  Blake Johnson, P, Senior

24 Hayden Johnson, FB, Senior  Jordan Jones, WR, Junior  Cole Kelley, QB, Junior

27 Giovannia LaFrance, LB, Junior  Connor LImpert, K, Senior  Jonathan Marshall, DT, Junior

30 Jarques McClellion, CB, Sophomore  D'Vone McClure, LB, Junior  Grant Morgan, LB, Junior

33 Cheyenne O'Grady, TE, Senior  La'Michael Pettway, WR, Senior  David Porter, DE, Sophomore

36 Ryan Pulley, CB, Senior  Gabe Richardson, DE, Senior  Micahh Smith, S, Junior

39 T.J. Smith, DT, Senior  Deon Stewart, WR, Senior  Ty Storey, QB, Senior

42 Britto Tutt, CB, Senior  Dalton Wagner, OT, Sophomore  Dee Walker, LB, Junior

45 De'Vion Warren, WR, Junior Devwah Whaley, RB, Senior  Courtre Alexander, DE, Freshman

48 LaDarrius Bishop, CB, Freshman  Billy Ferrell, DL, Freshman  Rakeem Boyd, RB, Junior

51 Joseph Foucha, S, Sophomore  Nicholas Fulwider, DL, Freshman  Noah Gatlin, OT, Freshman

54 Dorian Gerald, DE, Senior  John Stephen Jones, QB, Freshman  Myles Mason, S, Sophomore

57 Isaiah Nichols, DL, Freshman  Connor Noland, QB, Freshman  Andrew Parker, LB, Freshman

60 Bumper Pool, LB, Sophomore  Silas Robinson, OL, Freshman  Ryan Winkel, OT, Freshman

Removing Williams puts us at 62 right now, to get 29 in and hit the 85 number we have to get down to 56. As names come out I will modify this list to see just how we get to 56. I will only modify based on a twitter announcement by player, University announcement or Otis putting it out.

I think there are probably a couple of fairly obvious candidates to transfer and I just have a gut feel that we lose 1 to early NFL departure. I really don't believe that any of the 3 should go.

Have I missed anyone?

Doesn't the 24/7 scholarship distribution stay current with transfers and players leaving and joining?

that would be ideal!

hawgtime

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2019, 07:37:06 pm »

Thanks for putting this together. Instead of listing the 62 scholarship players for next season alphabetically, it would be much easier to analyze sorting them by positional group and year. That way we can easily identify the count of each group and which upper class-men have been surpassed by young players. Thus, making it easier to form our own (uneducated) opinions on which players to target as transfers out. Newcomers could then be added once LOIs are received on NSDs given a better projection on next seasons roster. Thanks!

agreed, like 24/7

hawgtime

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 07:50:54 pm »

something like this for each position

SENIOR        JUNIOR                          SOPHOMORE                           FRESHMAN                      RECRUIT
   -             ****T. Storey 6-2 / 215     ***   C. Proctor 6-3.5 / 200    *** D. Hyatt 6-4 / 182    ****K. Jefferson 6-3 / 211
                ***C. Kelley 6-7 / 230                                                           J. Lindsey 6-2 / 194      
                                                                                                    ****C. Noland 6-3 / 205      
                                                                                                       ***J. Jones 5-10 / 175      

presidenthog

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 08:01:11 pm »

Noland will participate this spring to some degree.
With Agim and Harris coming back we are only waiting on Pulley to know where we stand on early departures.
If we go with a full 29 it looks like we still need 6 slots to open up.

Pulley has said he is coming back i believe. He sent out a tweet to future recruits that the time to start working starts now

lakecityhog

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2019, 12:40:06 pm »

Pulley is headed for the NFL so we are now down to 2 slots that need to open up.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:35:36 pm by lakecityhog »

lakecityhog

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 09:12:50 am »

Does anyone on the board know if we have any Juniors that will graduate in May? That could well trigger a transfer due to not having to sit out a year.

lakecityhog

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2019, 07:17:37 pm »

I have struck thru Ty Storey since he has entered his name in the transfer portal. That takes us down to 1 more slots that need to open.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:36:04 pm by lakecityhog »

lakecityhog

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2019, 06:40:02 pm »

Add Hicks so we still need 4 slots to open up.

ChicoHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2019, 06:50:15 pm »

Does anyone on the board know if we have any Juniors that will graduate in May? That could well trigger a transfer due to not having to sit out a year.
There are probably of those that are red shirt juniors but academic seniors that will graduate this spring.  Colton Jackson could be one for example.  Maybe Connor Limpert?  I don't think either of them are transferring but they could be graduating in the spring. 

lakecityhog

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2019, 04:10:03 pm »

With Pettway leaving we are now down to where we need to be to get to 29 recruits.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:37:14 pm by lakecityhog »

SooieGeneris

• Hogvillian
  • You don't ever want to be chasin' speed..
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2019, 05:17:30 pm »

I'd be shocked if a 2nd string punter who cannot get on the field stays on scholarship. He doesn't even hold for kicks. That is the most obvious candidate, maybe a grad transfer is in his future.

I'd be surprised if anyone on the O line leaves with jobs wide open and low numbers until the FR get here.

There are a few obvious candidates for subtraction, or addition by subtraction is a few cases I imagine.

Maybe using the old dingy locker room with the folding chairs and the loss of some frills will give incentive to a few to move on after not buying in to allow us to get to the magic number..

Matt Ryan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2019, 05:47:08 pm »

Any current (on roster)  DL that could transition to OL

Uncommon

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2019, 06:38:57 pm »

With Pettway leaving we are now down to 3 open slots needed to get to 29 recruits.
We're at 56 now.  You had 62 on your original post and crossed 6 names off making that 56.  This is what it looks like after the early signing period and addition of Ben Hicks:
2019 Arkansas Razorbacks
1.   Kirby Adcock
2.   McTelvin Agim
3.   Courtre’ Alexander
4.   Jamario Bell
5.   LaDarrius Bishop
6.   Rakeem Boyd
7.   Greg Brooks Jr.
8.   Montaric Brown
9.   Devin Bush
10.   Austin Capps
11.   Taurean Carter
12.   Malik Chavis
13.   Ty Clary
14.   Collin Clay
15.   Shane Clenin
16.   Myron Cunningham
17.   Kamren Curl
18.   Jordon Curtis
19.   Deon Edwards
20.   Billy Ferrell
21.   Joseph Foucha
22.   Nicholas Fulwider
23.   Noah Gatlin
24.   Dorian Gerald
25.   Eric Gregory
26.   Briston Guidry
27.   Grayson Gunter
28.   TJ Hammonds
29.   Chase Harrell
30.   De’Jon Harris
31.   Chase Hayden
32.   Hayden Henry
33.   Ben Hicks
34.   Daulton Hyatt
35.   Colton Jackson
36.   Enoch Jackson Jr.
37.   Koilan Jackson
38.   TQ Jackson
39.   KJ Jefferson
40.   Blake Johnson
41.   Hayden Johnson
42.   John Stephen Jones
43.   Jordan Jones
44.   Trey Knox
45.   Giovanni LaFrance
46.   Brady Latham
47.   Beaux Limmer
48.   Connor Limpert
49.   Jonathan Marshall
50.   Myles Mason
51.   Jarques McClellion
52.   D’Vone McClure
53.   Marcus Miller
54.   Grant Morgan
55.   Shamar Nash
56.   Isaiah Nichols
57.   Connor Noland
58.   Chibueze Nwanna
59.   Cheyenne O’Grady
60.   Andrew Parker
61.   Bumper Pool
62.   David Porter
63.   Dylan Rathcke
64.   Gabe Richardson
65.   Silas Robinson
66.   Micahh Smith
67.   TJ Smith
68.   Mataio Soli
69.   Deon Stewart
70.   Ricky Stromberg
71.   Britto Tutt
72.   Dalton Wagner
73.   De’Vion Warren
74.   Devwah Whaley
75.   Zach Williams
76.   Ryan Winkel
77.   Mike Woods
78.   Zach Zimos

Earth Hog Fan

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2019, 02:49:12 pm »

We're at 56 now.  You had 62 on your original post and crossed 6 names off making that 56.  This is what it looks like after the early signing period and addition of Ben Hicks:
2019 Arkansas Razorbacks
1.   Kirby Adcock
2.   McTelvin Agim
3.   Courtre’ Alexander
4.   Jamario Bell
5.   LaDarrius Bishop
6.   Rakeem Boyd
7.   Greg Brooks Jr.
8.   Montaric Brown
9.   Devin Bush
10.   Austin Capps
11.   Taurean Carter
12.   Malik Chavis
13.   Ty Clary
14.   Collin Clay
15.   Shane Clenin
16.   Myron Cunningham
17.   Kamren Curl
18.   Jordon Curtis
19.   Deon Edwards
20.   Billy Ferrell
21.   Joseph Foucha
22.   Nicholas Fulwider
23.   Noah Gatlin
24.   Dorian Gerald
25.   Eric Gregory
26.   Briston Guidry
27.   Grayson Gunter
28.   TJ Hammonds
29.   Chase Harrell
30.   De’Jon Harris
31.   Chase Hayden
32.   Hayden Henry
33.   Ben Hicks
34.   Daulton Hyatt
35.   Colton Jackson
36.   Enoch Jackson Jr.
37.   Koilan Jackson
38.   TQ Jackson
39.   KJ Jefferson
40.   Blake Johnson
41.   Hayden Johnson
42.   John Stephen Jones
43.   Jordan Jones
44.   Trey Knox
45.   Giovanni LaFrance
46.   Brady Latham
47.   Beaux Limmer
48.   Connor Limpert
49.   Jonathan Marshall
50.   Myles Mason
51.   Jarques McClellion
52.   D’Vone McClure
53.   Marcus Miller
54.   Grant Morgan
55.   Shamar Nash
56.   Isaiah Nichols
57.   Connor Noland
58.   Chibueze Nwanna
59.   Cheyenne O’Grady
60.   Andrew Parker
61.   Bumper Pool
62.   David Porter
63.   Dylan Rathcke
64.   Gabe Richardson
65.   Silas Robinson
66.   Micahh Smith
67.   TJ Smith
68.   Mataio Soli
69.   Deon Stewart
70.   Ricky Stromberg
71.   Britto Tutt
72.   Dalton Wagner
73.   De’Vion Warren
74.   Devwah Whaley
75.   Zach Williams
76.   Ryan Winkel
77.   Mike Woods
78.   Zach Zimos

Looks like you and Otis are on the same page, he has 78 as well.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/pig-trail-nation/hog-recruiting/arkansas-razorback-football-the-numbers/1706045756

GO HOGS!

lakecityhog

« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2019, 03:39:03 pm »

I went back thru and found where I got off on my count. Earth is correct, we now have enough slots for 29 recruits.

Earth Hog Fan

« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2019, 03:52:08 pm »

I went back thru and found where I got off on my count. Earth is correct, we now have enough slots for 29 recruits.

Great job Lakecity, I know you have spent untold hours in tracking this for us all, we are all thankful for your extraordinary efforts.

GO HOGS!

Porkerpower

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2019, 03:58:25 pm »

33 Cheyenne O'Grady, TE, Senior La'Michael Pettway, WR, Senior  David Porter, DE, Sophomore

39 T.J. Smith, DT, Senior  Deon Stewart, WR, Senior Ty Storey, QB, Senior

Have I missed anyone?

Next time can you add some colors?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas