• 10,163,751 Posts
• 405,338 Topics
• 23,135 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ESPN 3?  (Read 1037 times)

intoxhog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • It's history that teaches us to hope.~Robert E Lee
ESPN 3?
« on: November 28, 2018, 08:48:12 pm »

Iím using DIRECTV now, and I have had problems watching games I would normally be able to watch, Anyone else having these problems?  I know they have the new ESPN plus thing but is that affecting Anything?  Baseball season is only a couple months away want to make sure Iím with the right streaming service.

Does anyone else know whatís going on because Iím getting the runaround between ESPN and DIRECTV now .

woodrow hog call

Re: ESPN 3?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 10:42:56 pm »

If you have set up an account to where you can log in to DirectTV, you should be able to use that info when you log in to Espn3. What do you get when you try to sign on to Espn3 ?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Supermark101

• Senior
  • We all need a little Love
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 02:07:02 am »

Which games are you unable to watch?Espn3 now only has replays from games from the main ESPN channels. The games that used to be live on ESPN3 are now on ESPN+. I assume it will be the same for baseball.

You have to have the SEC network on directv now to access SEC+ games. I can't remember if its apart of the base package or not.

Hog are ya

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 02:38:04 am »

I watched most all the baseball games last year on ESPN3 and the basketball games that weren't on reg tv.  Recently when I tried to pull a basketball game up couldn't get it, called Spectrum.  Looks like they changed it this past Sep.  It's now an "add on".  Don't remember how much, maybe 80ish a yr.  Sux but I will be enrolling after the new year when baseball starts you better believe!!!!

fishes2000

• Varsity
  • no other fruit sucks like the big orange of Texas
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 08:39:38 am »

I have comcast and supposed to get espn3 now through them. Looked for basketball game the other night and couldn't find it. Went to old reliable apple tv and the watch espn app and there it was. i know its an add on box but I don't miss any basketball or baseball with it.

Supermark101

• Senior
  • We all need a little Love
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 08:54:51 am »

I have comcast and supposed to get espn3 now through them. Looked for basketball game the other night and couldn't find it. Went to old reliable apple tv and the watch espn app and there it was. i know its an add on box but I don't miss any basketball or baseball with it.

Our game? MOST of our games are on SEC+. That's not the same as ESPN3.

intoxhog

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 08:07:38 pm »

For example itís not letting me watch any ACC extra games... Thatís a real bummer because I like watching more than the SEC during baseball season.

Itís giving me an error code saying that Iím not authorized to watch this even though Iím subscribe to ESPN plus  and all of the ESPN channels.

Kayway2bHawgChamps

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 08:11:35 pm »

When I couldnít watch the basketball hogs, I had a fit and dropped DirecTv Now. I got Sling with SEC PLUS with my Chromecast.  Iím temporarily in Georgia and so far, I can watch it all, even press conferences and replay games!  I even had Lady Razorbacks playing SOCCER!

PorkRyan

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 08:33:19 pm »

For example itís not letting me watch any ACC extra games... Thatís a real bummer because I like watching more than the SEC during baseball season.

Itís giving me an error code saying that Iím not authorized to watch this even though Iím subscribe to ESPN plus  and all of the ESPN channels.

Logout and log back in. That usually fixes it.

intoxhog

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 08:57:03 pm »

Tried that about 10x... but thanks.. itís an issue with directv now.

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 10:30:36 pm »

ESPN+ is a subscription that you buy from ESPN. Watch ESPN is the app that allows you to watch most SEC baseball games. If I remember correctly the ACC games will be on ESPN+.

binz

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 08:14:00 am »

I have directv and purchased a Roku. Works great with the ESPN app and Directv.

intoxhog

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 09:33:21 pm »

I just switched from DIRECTV NOW to PlayStation Vue, thereís not even a comparison in buffering time .

Also the picture quality on PlayStation view is much better Iím happy... itís about twice the price because I have cellular service with AT&T but at least I can watch all ESPN streaming channels now .

Also come to find out that PlayStation view is the only streaming service integrated with Apple TV on itís up next list which is just really really cool!

intoxhog

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2018, 11:38:34 am »

Iíll give one more example I couldnít watch the OU Texas football game and the big 12 championship on ESPN app while I was logged in with DIRECTV now as my service provider when I logged out and logged back into PlayStation Vue on ESPN watchapp it was seamless no problems,  I liked having the price of DIRECTV now because itís cheaper for me because again I have cell service through AT&T but if I canít watch what I want to watch itís not worth it .

I was trying the five day trial on PlayStation view now I definitely will drop directv now.

I have a feeling come baseball season I wouldnít be able to watch  some of the  mid tier conference teams or ACC etc.

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2018, 02:08:16 pm »

Sucks that you are having that problem but glad you found a solution even though it cost more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas