• 10,016,009 Posts
• 401,474 Topics
• 22,977 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Les Miles waives $5 million of his buyout- Arkansas related  (Read 500 times)

Hogwild

Les Miles waives $5 million of his buyout- Arkansas related
« on: November 16, 2018, 08:26:58 am »

Miles waived five million of this $6.5 million buyout, in exchange for a $1.5 million immediate payout.

My thinking the only way he and his agent would agree to this, is he has another job lined up.  Conventional thinking it will either by Kansas (Long has already interviewed him)  or Colorado (where he was an assistant on their national championship team and is close with the athletic director).

So would either Colorado or Kansas with Miles as head coach, being enough to persuade Chavis to join him? Would Long up the money to steal Chavis from Arkansas? 

I would really hate to lose Chavis, considering that would mean 4 defensive coordinators in 4 seasons.  Our seniors on defense would have played under a new system every year they were on campus.

Is it possible we could work out a similar deal with Bielema? Or is he too damaged that his job prospects wouldn't allow him to recoup the money?

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Fresno St. 11-2 MWC Champions!!
Re: Les Miles waives $5 million of his buyout- Arkansas related
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 08:32:00 am »

Miles waived five million of this $6.5 million buyout, in exchange for a $1.5 million immediate payout.

My thinking the only way he and his agent would agree to this, is he has another job lined up.  Conventional thinking it will either by Kansas (Long has already interviewed him)  or Colorado (where he was an assistant on their national championship team and is close with the athletic director).

So would either Colorado or Kansas with Miles as head coach, being enough to persuade Chavis to join him? Would Long up the money to steal Chavis from Arkansas? 

I would really hate to lose Chavis, considering that would mean 4 defensive coordinators in 4 seasons.  Our seniors on defense would have played under a new system every year they were on campus.

Is it possible we could work out a similar deal with Bielema? Or is he too damaged that his job prospects wouldn't allow him to recoup the money?
chavis aint leaving the SEC, sheesh

the paranoia is ridiculous in here

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hogcards

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 08:32:33 am »

Didn't Butters Bielema get hired in New England?

liljo

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 08:35:24 am »

He did, BUT they kept his contract under the max allowed for him to still draw his Jeff Long Money.

tbhogfan

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 08:35:42 am »

IMHO, neither Colorado nor Kansas would have the $$$$ to pay both Miles and Chavis. 

Chavis has secured one of the top defensive classes in the country, and I don't see him walking away from that group at this point in his career.

Hogwild

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 08:37:27 am »

He is a  "consultant"  for the Patriots

ESPN, which reports the position as new in the New England organization, was the first to report the hiring.

According to the report, Bielema has spent the past month working with the Patriots special teams.

runninrazorback

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 08:38:59 am »

He is a  "consultant"  for the Patriots

In charge of flip flop dispersal and reggae music at practice. 

hawgball40

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 08:42:48 am »

In charge of flip flop dispersal and reggae music at practice.
he dispenses the alky after wins

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 08:43:41 am »

He did, BUT they kept his contract under the max allowed for him to still draw his Jeff Long Money.

Someone should thump Jeff Long.

hogwildinhouston

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 08:49:12 am »

I keep seeing posts like this linking Chavis to Miles.

Chavis left Miles and went to A&M, reportedly due to his frustration with Miles offense (or lack of offense).   I'm not sure why anyone would think there would be a desire to work for him again.

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 08:57:40 am »

Chavis left Miles and went to A&M, reportedly due to his frustration with Miles offense (or lack of offense).   I'm not sure why anyone would think there would be a desire to work for him again.
not only that, but it's been said that he won't be going much further away from his family.....Tennessee

PP

zane

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 10:44:12 am »

Miles/Chavis = Chaney/Pittman

It's true

I read it on HV

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 11:13:00 am »

IMHO, neither Colorado nor Kansas would have the $$$$ to pay both Miles and Chavis. 

Chavis has secured one of the top defensive classes in the country, and I don't see him walking away from that group at this point in his career.

Kansas Has the money, they just don't like to spend it on football coaches.

Hogwild

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 11:25:51 am »

Because those reports are dead wrong. 

He left for A&M, because the contract he was offered by LSU had a "Les Miles clause." Chavis' contract included zero buyout if Miles was no longer the head coach. Chavis loved working for Miles, and stated all of the above  under oath.
He had to give a deposition in the dueling lawsuits between him and LSU. Just google Chavis and Les Miles clause.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 01:52:44 pm »

Because those reports are dead wrong. 

He left for A&M, because the contract he was offered by LSU had a "Les Miles clause." Chavis' contract included zero buyout if Miles was no longer the head coach. Chavis loved working for Miles, and stated all of the above  under oath.
He had to give a deposition in the dueling lawsuits between him and LSU. Just google Chavis and Les Miles clause.

And maybe he loves working with Chad moreso.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
Les Miles to Kansas
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 03:36:53 pm »

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/status/1063543413247741952

NEWS: #Kansas is finalizing plans on a deal with former #LSU coach Les Miles, multiple sources have told @SInow. Barring a last-minute change, The Hat might just be back.

twistitup

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 03:39:31 pm »

If it took this long for Les to land a job...I don't know if CBB ever comes back to college football. All the AD's in the nation can see what he did here; he robbed us.

Pulled(PP)pork

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 02:58:08 am »

If it took this long for Les to land a job...I don't know if CBB ever comes back to college football. All the AD's in the nation can see what he did here; he robbed us.
along with making a nice profit on his home he sold. 

(notOM)Rebel123

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2018, 09:07:45 am »

along with making a nice profit on his home he sold. 

Around $300,000
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas