• 9,965,271 Posts
• 400,172 Topics
• 22,936 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The mouthing...  (Read 2500 times)

Rocket23

The mouthing...
« on: November 10, 2018, 10:45:37 pm »

Sick of it.  When you are getting your butt spanked and burnt, don’t be running your mouth Ryan Pulley.  He was standing over there mouthing to LSU sidelines between plays.  He gets beat, should have had a face mask penalty, PI when his guy got by him, and he turns around and starts mouthing to LSU staff.

And C.J. is a beast, but he should have had a taunting on his first TD.

More and more I think Coach Morris is not instilling any discipline in this team.

Großer Kriegschwein

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Is it football season yet?
Re: The mouthing...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 10:47:57 pm »

It should be simple. Act like you’ve been there before.

But apparently some actually haven’t.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogPharmer

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 10:51:53 pm »

I like to see some intensity and refusal to back down—even when you’re outmatched. But Pulley’s crap is getting old. The one that really got under my skin was when he and Harris made a great play to blow up a screen in the second half. They got the tackle for loss. Instead of Pulley hopping up and helping Harris—HIS TEAMMATE—up, he gets up, walks right past him, and goes to mouth off to the LSU player he just tackled. Help your teammate. Celebrate with your teammate. Don’t leave him laying there on the ground to go talk trash to a guy on the other team.

atom hog

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 11:10:57 pm »

They learned thus crap from their team captain El Matador. Lots of talk...and not even SEC caliber smack talk. We are mid-major class team in every aspect now. It's embarrasing that our team "leaders" have left this as their legacy.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 11:20:09 pm »

They learned thus crap from their team captain El Matador. Lots of talk...and not even SEC caliber smack talk. We are mid-major class team in every aspect now. It's embarrasing that our team "leaders" have left this as their legacy.

No, they learn this crap when they are 7 amd no one stops them.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 11:26:03 pm »

Sick of it.  When you are getting your butt spanked and burnt, don’t be running your mouth Ryan Pulley.  He was standing over there mouthing to LSU sidelines between plays.  He gets beat, should have had a face mask penalty, PI when his guy got by him, and he turns around and starts mouthing to LSU staff.

More and more I think Coach Morris is not instilling any discipline in this team.
a one score loss is not "getting your butt spanked and burnt", dude.

Rocket23

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 05:50:25 pm »

Pokey we were down 24-7 when Pulley was mouthing.  Our players were mouthing to north Texas.  Fourth qtr Pulley was burnt dude and Pulley was trash talking.  LSU toyed with us on last drive and took a knee.  It was borderline erotic one of their players said.  So don’t give me one score nonsense.  Mouthing allowed is reflection of coach.

Southpaw Hawg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2018, 06:06:36 pm »

Pokey we were down 24-7 when Pulley was mouthing.  Our players were mouthing to north Texas.  Fourth qtr Pulley was burnt dude and Pulley was trash talking.  LSU toyed with us on last drive and took a knee.  It was borderline erotic one of their players said.  So don’t give me one score nonsense.  Mouthing allowed is reflection of coach.
Agree

ChicoHog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RIP Glenn. You're "Already Gone" way too soon
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2018, 06:25:43 pm »

No, they learn this crap when they are 7 amd no one stops them.
Correct.  And they think there's nothing wrong with it. 

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2018, 06:37:04 pm »

Correct.  And they think there's nothing wrong with it. 

Most of rheir parents are mouthing from the stands, so the kids never learm and different.

PossumFan

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2018, 06:52:26 pm »

Go ahead and roast me for this, but I don't mind the mouthing when the opponent is LSU.

PORKULATOR

• knows how to 'dunk the crumpets'
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2018, 06:58:23 pm »

I wish 99% of them would shut the hell up and play football. But then again I think running your mouth shows a side of waiting is so when someone does it to us I think they're trying to cover up a weakness.

PORKULATOR

• knows how to 'dunk the crumpets'
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2018, 06:59:09 pm »

Or they're just a ***...
Yeah... there's that

jcul28

• Senior
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2018, 07:09:11 pm »

Sometimes I read this board and wonder if anyone ever played football. Mouthing is part of the game. Granted, I’m not for taunting but I’m all for jawing. It can literally turn the game. Get in their head and things can change drastically, very quickly.

Southpaw Hawg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2018, 07:13:58 pm »

Sometimes I read this board and wonder if anyone ever played football. Mouthing is part of the game. Granted, I’m not for taunting but I’m all for jawing. It can literally turn the game. Get in their head and things can change drastically, very quickly.

Tell that to Nick Saban.  His teams never talk trash or they find their tails on the bench.  Winning coaches do not allow it because it can lead to penalties. 

Hawgphat

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2018, 07:25:48 pm »

I have never appreciated "mouthing", "taunting" or "grandstanding", - - - and never will.

There's a reason why "unsportsmanlike" penalties are assessed; - - and any player who callously and repeatedly invites such penalties would cease to play if it were up to me.

jcul28

• Senior
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2018, 07:26:14 pm »

Tell that to Nick Saban.  His teams never talk trash or they find their tails on the bench.  Winning coaches do not allow it because it can lead to penalties.

Bama don’t talk? Since when? Also, Saban isn’t worried about penalties because well...none ever get called on them.

TeufelHog

• Never Forget, Never Yield!
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2018, 07:29:00 pm »

LZH

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2018, 07:37:08 pm »

So can a future NFL defensive end when he plants your ass in the ground, then gets up and walks away without saying a word. I know.

26.2Hog

• Senior
  • The future ain't what it used to be
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2018, 07:41:19 pm »

When you intentionally hurt your team by being an attention whore, making it all about you, knowing it will result in a penalty, you are proving to everyone you are not a team player.

vandybuff

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2018, 07:45:04 pm »

Then why are there no Mother-in-Law teams?  They would be undefeated!

k.c.hawg

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2018, 07:50:20 pm »

A bunch of old white guys watching kids play that have zero in common when it comes to their culture. Go figure. Go watch NAIA ball where the kids come from Mountain Home or Alma.

It's like the get a hair cut or hide the tattoo's BS. If you don't like waht P5 ball is go watch the Ivy league, D II or NAIA. 

sickboy

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2018, 07:53:31 pm »

A bunch of old white guys watching kids play that have zero in common when it comes to their culture. Go figure. Go watch NAIA ball where the kids come from Mountain Home or Alma.

That's what Hogville is... old white guys complaining about what kids do with their lives. We're like the peanut gallery from the muppets.

Southpaw Hawg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2018, 08:03:25 pm »

It's like the get a hair cut or hide the tattoo's BS. If you don't like waht P5 ball is go watch the Ivy league, D II or NAIA.

Nah. I’ll just watch baseball since I relate to their “culture” better as you called it. 

GA reddiehog

• Varsity
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2018, 08:04:48 pm »

I thought the same.  The play he was flagged on was much less than the first.  I wish all teams could stop this.  I guess it goes with the times.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2018, 08:05:35 pm »

Nah. I’ll just watch baseball since I relate to their “culture” better as you called it. 

Yep, very few African Americans to have to tolerate there.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2018, 08:10:59 pm »

I just wish we'd win something first.

LZH

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2018, 08:12:51 pm »

I just wish we'd win something first.

Welp, apparently we are pretty good at running our mouth.....

Southpaw Hawg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2018, 08:13:05 pm »

Yep, very few African Americans to have to tolerate there.
Racist much? 

k.c.hawg

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2018, 08:15:22 pm »

Racist much? 

I don't know I was kind of asking you since you deferred to the whitest sport out there with a very low number of African Americans. 

Dropkick

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2018, 08:16:38 pm »

We got spanked despite the score, if anyone thought we were gonna make a miraculous comeback I feel for ya. Anytime LSU really needed to make a play they did. They took a dive at the end to keep it a one score game. We are what we are and it ain’t pretty. Hopefully better times are ahead.

Southpaw Hawg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2018, 08:17:04 pm »

I don't know I was kind of asking you since you deferred to the whitest sport out there with a very low number of African Americans.

You’re the one that brought the “bunch of white men that can’t relate to their culture” talk in here.  Take that crap elsewhere.  This is about the Razorbacks. 

Dropkick

« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2018, 08:19:25 pm »

Hopefully you both realize you don’t have to be black or white to be a racist, white racist just get more publicity.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2018, 08:21:46 pm »

Anyone that is going to watch a sport and get upset because black guys are jawing at each other (no matter what the score is) should find a new sport. Maybe go watch golf or shuffleboard.

Southpaw Hawg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2018, 08:22:53 pm »

Anyone that is going to watch a sport and get upset because black guys are jawing at each other (no matter what the score is) should find a new sport. Maybe go watch golf or shuffleboard.
You’d call us racist if we did.

David†

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2018, 08:23:40 pm »

lol.

only 1 person in this thread brought up race or color

talk about picking a fight......

26.2Hog

• Senior
  • The future ain't what it used to be
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2018, 08:24:03 pm »

Welp, apparently we are pretty good at running our mouth.....

Good at dancing too.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2018, 08:25:09 pm »

You’re the one that brought the “bunch of white men that can’t relate to their culture” talk in here.  Take that crap elsewhere.  This is about the Razorbacks. 

20% of your posts are about guys smack talking. That's what happens in football and basketball. Watch golf, tennis, badminton  and rowing if you don't like the smack talk. It's here to stay.

David†

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2018, 08:27:41 pm »

20% of your posts are about guys smack talking. That's what happens in football and basketball. Watch golf, tennis, badminton  and rowing if you don't like the smack talk. It's here to stay.

did you actually go through his post history to get that 20% stat? or are you just making stuff up?

Kelly1961

• Walk-On
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2018, 08:28:12 pm »

i'm glad to see someone brought this up! It's like you got burned by the receiver for over 150 receiving and 2 touchdowns, then stand over him talking smack because you finally knocked down a pass! What about when Ramirez ran 50 yards to stand over a receiver that dropped a pass? Let your play speak for you, not acting stupid when you get lucky!

Southpaw Hawg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2018, 08:28:50 pm »

Any you keep justifying it for a team with 2 wins.  It’s freakin hilarious.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2018, 08:32:27 pm »

Any you keep justifying it for a team with 2 wins.  It’s freakin hilarious.

I'm not justifying ####. It's part of the game and if it is the object of your disdain for the game, you might as well find another game. It happens everywhere. It is part of the culture of the game. You could tell the kids that do it not to come here, but that would be kind of stupid.

Dropkick

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2018, 08:34:17 pm »

I'm not justifying ####. It's part of the game and if it is the object of your disdain for the game, you might as well find another game. It happens everywhere. It is part of the culture of the game. You could tell the kids that do it not to come here, but that would be kind of stupid.
How about a compromise, get kids in here who back up their mouthing.

Three and Snout

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2018, 08:34:29 pm »

I think you are describing hockey.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

• Hogville Executive Consulting LLC
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2018, 08:37:17 pm »

They dont know how to win. Plain and simple

Hoggish1

« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2018, 08:41:04 pm »

It looked to me like LSU took a knee on the one yard like like we did to them in LR.  Could have been a two score loss, if they wanted...

Hoggish1

« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2018, 08:43:25 pm »

...and Nick doesn't let players decide what uniforms they think are cool...

k.c.hawg

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2018, 08:43:29 pm »

How about a compromise, get kids in here who back up their mouthing.

It takes someone good at evaluating talent to do that. I feel quite certain the coaches that recruited these kids saw them talking smack after getting burned, while they were behind and still decided to offer them the opportunity to be Razorbacks. Probably never came into their thought process that many men on Hogville were going to throw a tantrum when the player talked smack after getting smoked when we were getting smoked.

jkstock04

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2018, 08:47:03 pm »

I'm ok with the trash talk when they can back it up. Arkansas hasn't been in a position to trash talk in 7 or 8 years.

I noticed that in the North Texas game as well. Embarrassing.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2018, 08:47:30 pm »

...and Nick doesn't let players decide what uniforms they think are cool...

Well when we are Alabama let me know. There are a lot of things we could change.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas