• 9,972,991 Posts
• 400,355 Topics
• 22,943 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Nate Dalton processed  (Read 5722 times)

ricepig

Nate Dalton processed
« on: November 07, 2018, 05:01:30 pm »

No longer on the team, concentrating on academics.

Hawgphat

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Nate Dalton processed
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 05:03:58 pm »

Good.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 05:07:20 pm »

Processed? Is that like what happened to Jeff Sessions today?

ricepig

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 05:12:02 pm »

Uh huh

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2018, 05:14:53 pm »

Is he concentrating on academics because he is no longer on the team or is he no longer on the team because he needs to concentrate on academics?

311Hog

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2018, 05:17:22 pm »

Is he concentrating on academics because he is no longer on the team or is he no longer on the team because he needs to concentrate on academics?

pretty sure this is the kid that got tossed from the sideline by Coach for a personal foul penalty.

AirWarren

• Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2018, 05:20:14 pm »

See ya.

ricepig

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2018, 05:21:06 pm »

I believe Morris words were that he has chosen to step back and concentrate on his academics, when asked if he was still on the team, he said "No".

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • 6/27/18: Just another layer of scar tissue
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2018, 05:48:07 pm »

Yes.

ricepig

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 05:49:06 pm »

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 08:40:54 pm »

pretty sure this is the kid that got tossed from the sideline by Coach for a personal foul penalty.

That be him.

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2018, 08:43:57 pm »

no, he retired

PP

Hog N Bama

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2018, 08:45:43 pm »

Politically correct for you’re fired

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 08:52:48 pm »

Politically correct for you’re fired
possibly, but Im sure he's happier

PP

jgphillips3

• Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 08:53:21 pm »

Well, there’s another scholarship freed up for next year.  We know they still have a few more to go.

moses_007

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Bring the Wood!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2018, 09:00:42 pm »

Morris needs to clean house and toss all the dead weight off this team.  Those that loafed their way through this season, revoke their scholarships.

avater

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2018, 09:16:14 pm »

Yes

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2018, 09:17:01 pm »

yep. or like pete sessions last night.

TrueBlue

• "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2018, 09:21:16 pm »

He got quitted.

Paul

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2018, 10:40:50 pm »

At Morris’ request he submitted his resignation

Ironhawg

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2018, 06:11:35 am »

I can't help but think there is more to this story than just that one stupid personal foul penalty.  Getting thrown off the team for that one error in judgment seems kind of severe.

Zen_Hog

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2018, 07:23:26 am »

I can't help but think there is more to this story than just that one stupid personal foul penalty.  Getting thrown off the team for that one error in judgment seems kind of severe.

Everybody is on thin ice. Morris said it himself in the preseason it’s time for the players who are upperclassmen to start finding a way to contribute. I assume he’s talking about the players who have been in the program 3+ years and are buried on the depth chart.

Shorttimer

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2018, 07:58:56 am »

You don't get kicked off the sidelines for a stupid personal foul . . . you get kicked off the sidelines for your response to getting a stupid personal foul.  It says a lot about someone when they make a mistake and own up to it.  It says even more when you make a mistake and stalk the sidelines like a doosh, blame the other player, and mouth off when confronted by a coach. 

I hope he gets his "academics" in order. 

liljo

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2018, 08:10:30 am »

You don't get kicked off the sidelines for a stupid personal foul . . . you get kicked off the sidelines for your response to getting a stupid personal foul.  It says a lot about someone when they make a mistake and own up to it.  It says even more when you make a mistake and stalk the sidelines like a doosh, blame the other player, and mouth off when confronted by a coach. 

Agreed. I think you have nailed it. I was at the game, on that side of the field, with binoculars.

Hope the kid does well in his future endeavors, but learning to control his temper will be a major step forward.

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2018, 08:11:18 am »

who was it just recently that was caught on camera cussing out their coach, in a college game?

PP

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2018, 10:54:43 am »

I wish the search function was working, I'd love to dig up all the times people talked about how bad Saban was for cutting kids, running them off, or not renewing their scholarships just because he wanted to open up a spot for a better player to come in.

Also, I thought we were tired of having good boys on the team? We need kids with a little edge to them a little rough side, kids that wont give up so easily?

311Hog

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 11:00:29 am »

I wish the search function was working, I'd love to dig up all the times people talked about how bad Saban was for cutting kids, running them off, or not renewing their scholarships just because he wanted to open up a spot for a better player to come in.

Also, I thought we were tired of having good boys on the team? We need kids with a little edge to them a little rough side, kids that wont give up so easily?

dunno i see slapping a guy to get tossed from the game as giving up, not having an edge.

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 11:21:02 am »

No longer on the team, concentrating on academics.
Like a Ozark whitetail.

RaisinHog

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 12:16:27 pm »

I hate to admit it.  .. but he is right

liljo

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 12:59:21 pm »

Well, I propose the following theory. And I preface it with saying I don't care WHO the kid is, if something like this happened, send him on down the road. And I mean, no matter who the kid is:

Suppose this kid cursed the coach when confronted on the sidelines for his very stupid act. The coach then immediately sent him to the locker room. In an attempt to discipline the kid and hopefully make him a better man (and team mate) the staff then set forth actions said kid had to do in order to return to the field of play. This was done AFTER the game, after heads had time to cool.

Instead of accepting the discipline and thus ending the story, the same kid defiantly disobeyed, or refused to take the corrective actions.

In a case like that, I'd have sent Bo Jackson Himself down the road.

My main point is, nobody on this forum (that I know of) has even half the facts to work with in this situation that the coaching staff has. Some people here question every single decision made, as if they are just supreme experts in everything.

clutch

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2018, 01:13:14 pm »

In my experience from coaching, kids that do stupid stuff and then mouth back whenever you say something to them for their dumb actions, usually ARE the ones who give up easily. It's good to have an edge and a little rough side, but not if you won't accept coaching and refuse to buy in to the process. Getting a bunch of rough sided kids who won't listen to you is the recipe for disaster. You want kids who play mean, but know their position in the pecking order and will fall in line when you get on their head.

ricepig

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2018, 01:20:04 pm »

In my experience from coaching, kids that do stupid stuff and then mouth back whenever you say something to them for their dumb actions, usually ARE the ones who give up easily. It's good to have an edge and a little rough side, but not if you won't accept coaching and refuse to buy in to the process. Getting a bunch of rough sided kids who won't listen to you is the recipe for disaster. You want kids who play mean, but know their position in the pecking order and will fall in line when you get on their head.

Correct, it wasn't just the penalty that got him sent to the locker room, it was the "conversation" on the sideline and action after that.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2018, 01:35:36 pm »

Well, I propose the following theory. And I preface it with saying I don't care WHO the kid is, if something like this happened, send him on down the road. And I mean, no matter who the kid is:

Suppose this kid cursed the coach when confronted on the sidelines for his very stupid act. The coach then immediately sent him to the locker room. In an attempt to discipline the kid and hopefully make him a better man (and team mate) the staff then set forth actions said kid had to do in order to return to the field of play. This was done AFTER the game, after heads had time to cool.

Instead of accepting the discipline and thus ending the story, the same kid defiantly disobeyed, or refused to take the corrective actions.

My main point is, nobody on this forum (that I know of) has even half the facts to work with in this situation that the coaching staff has. Some people here question every single decision made, as if they are just supreme experts in everything.
Bo, pre-hip injury or Bo, post-hip injury ???

liljo

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2018, 01:40:09 pm »

:D ;D :D :) ;D

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2018, 01:43:06 pm »

It very well may have gone down just like that. What I am questioning are those who have been saying for weeks that CM needs to get rid of a bunch of players, and then they call this dismissal being "processed". These are some of the same people that have derided previous coaches for getting rid of players after they have had 2,3,4+ chances and still cant get their act together.

HawgnCorona

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2018, 02:13:59 pm »

golf2day

• Hogvillian
  • Giving Eastex a hard-on since 1997
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2018, 08:09:06 pm »

You already know. Pre-hip Bo could’ve worn a bama hat on the sideline, pissed on frank broyles grave, and killed Tusk and eaten him at halftime and he’s still getting 40 carries a game.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2018, 08:43:54 pm »

You already know. Pre-hip Bo could’ve worn a bama hat on the sideline, pissed on frank broyles grave, and killed Tusk and eaten him at halftime and he’s still getting 40 carries a game.
Meh, thirty carries max...

HogPharmer

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2018, 08:45:06 pm »

Bo Mattingly wouldn’t get 1 carry at Arkansas. That Includes carrying the Gatorade bottles.

Hawgphat

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2018, 10:12:51 pm »

Morris needs to clean house and toss all the dead weight off this team.  Those that loafed their way through this season, revoke their scholarships.

I don't know if that move would constitute permissive procedure according to scholarship rules and guidelines.  Perhaps, - for those who have resisted the mandated program changes and the refocused schemes and assignment requirements, - - refusing to buy into Morris' General Plan Mode. - - that non compliance mindset and attitude comprises justifiable grounds for dismissal on an individual basis.

greasy_corner

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 12:06:28 am »

Bo Mattingly wouldn’t get 1 carry at Arkansas. That Includes carrying the Gatorade bottles.

He sure as darn carried the bottles the night that got Latourette suspended for the state game.  Swarmy little [CENSORED].

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2018, 12:49:58 am »

I don't know if that move would constitute permissive procedure according to scholarship rules and guidelines.  Perhaps, - for those who have resisted the mandated program changes and the refocused schemes and assignment requirements, - - refusing to buy into Morris' General Plan Mode. - - that non compliance mindset and attitude comprises justifiable grounds for dismissal on an individual basis.

Eugene?

PP

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2018, 03:33:54 am »

I see it as a unsportsmanlike conduct foul, which it was called. Lots of those get called every Saturday. I'll bet if it had Bumper Pool no one here would be glad he was "processed".

Look, IF CM thinks the kids actions had reached a point where he needed tog o, or if the kid finally decided he just did not want to deal with football anymore, these are things I am not privy to. I am just talking about how our fans seem to change their thinking on things like this on a dime. It is horrible that coach A tries to run players off, but when our coach does it, it is a great move.

It is a great move....

PRJ

twistitup

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2018, 05:17:28 am »

pre-lit Bo or post-lit Bo?

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2018, 05:44:37 am »

pre-lit Bo or post-lit Bo?
bo is making a name for himself in the archery biz now

PP

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 07:47:43 am »

bo is making a name for himself in the archery biz now

PP

Are confusing him with Ben Pearson?

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2018, 07:48:36 am »

Are confusing him with Ben Pearson?
not that I knows of

PP

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2018, 07:50:41 am »

ok, not a bizness, but he does his own professional grade bolts

https://www.gohunt.com/bo-knows-bowhunting

PP

justmakeit2thebcs

« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2018, 08:44:06 am »

Fire those coaches that don't spend 100% of their time getting this team coached up.  Goes both ways....

justmakeit2thebcs

« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2018, 08:49:15 am »

Nate needed to go.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas