• 10,016,015 Posts
• 401,474 Topics
• 22,977 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Embarrasing Effort  (Read 349 times)

hawgfan4life

Embarrasing Effort
« on: November 05, 2018, 10:41:27 pm »

I have watched the Cowboys for 50 years and I don't remember ever seeing them look as bad as I witnessed the 4th QTR against the Titans.  Players were quitting during the plays well before they were over, players and coaches were showing horrible body language before the game was over, etc.  Coach was clapping for someone or something after Dallas turned the ball over on downs at the end of the game.   Maybe that was instinct, habit, or something else, but how he could clap then is amazing.  They had two weeks to get ready for an average team and they got beat worse than the score indicated.  Time for Dallas to clean house!

EastexHawg

Re: Embarrasing Effort
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 11:59:58 pm »

Twice on 3rd and 16 they threw screen passes.  What does that tell you?  But hey, at least they got that new game breaker receiver who has something like 700 receiving yards in his last season and a half.  Those stats will probably triple in this high powered passing game led by Johnny Unitas, which is a good thing considering Genius Jerry gave up next year's #1 draft pick to get him.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 06:26:06 am »

Fire Jason Garrett.  That is all.

Dr. Starcs

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 06:43:45 am »

Garrett and Linehan have to go. Its embarrassing the way this team has regressed the last two years.

ImHogginIt

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 08:16:02 am »

Garrett and Linehan have to go. Its embarrassing the way this team has regressed the last two years.

Who ya gonna get ? Jerry wants yes men

riccoar

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Serving Hogville since 11-08-03
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 09:57:56 am »

Jerry has become the modern day Al Davis.

hawgfan4life

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 10:15:18 am »

I don't care who they get right now.  Any change is a move that signals they are wanting to get better.  I honestly think their defense played poor last night, but they are pretty well coached.  They are undisciplined because the entire team is undisciplined, but a HC with some fire and backbone will fix that from top to bottom.  Defense was quitting late in the game and that is a reflection of the culture.  A coordinator can only instill so much and then it falls upon the HC.  I can't remember a Cowboy defense quitting like I saw last night in a very long time.  Offense quit, defense quit, coaches quit, fans quit, and that was occurring when Dallas was only down one TD.  When it was two scores and it would have taken a miracle, they were quitting like a program that had given up.  I get that part of that was frustration with the game, but that is also a symptom of a coach and GM that won't hold people accountable and are willing to accept failure.  In other words, that didn't start last night.  It started when it is acceptable for the OL to get a lazy procedure or holding penalty, it is okay for a DL to jump offsides when all they have to do is focus on ball movement, it is okay when a WR drops a pass, and etc...  When Dallas was getting embarrassed in the preseason games, I said then that Garrett is a problem because he was laughing when they were getting embarrassed late in the game.  That is a mindset and it is a display of how your culture is being developed.  Watch Saban in a 50 point blowout and a walkon screws up and he is chewing butt like the game is on the line.  He doesn't accept anything less then execution from anyone at anytime.  Garrett would have been chucking it up with the players on the sideline about a screw up in that situation if he were in Saban's place.  He wasn't laughing last night nor was anybody else.  Somebody needs to light a fire under the entire organization.  It starts with Jerry, ends with the night janitor, and it includes everyone in between.

EastexHawg

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2018, 10:27:51 am »

Luckily Jerry is now running Razorback football, too.  My old high school team just won its district Friday night with a defense that is starting to look like the '76 Steelers.  Maybe Jerry can buy the school, name his own coach, and screw up the other football program I have rooted for my entire life, too.

Buff

• My avatar was the owner throwing the horns
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2018, 01:02:21 pm »

Luckily Jerry is now running Razorback football, too.

It's eerie how similar both teams are playing this year

Dr. Starcs

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2018, 02:42:39 pm »

Oh I said before the season Jerry is ruining both my teams. Troy Aikman, who is usually overly optimistic about the cowboys, said they need a complete overhaul of the organization today.

I actually think Romo would make a great offensive coach, not that hed leave his cush job for it though. Im ready for anyone else at this point besides Garrett.

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • 6/27/18: Just another layer of scar tissue
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2018, 03:14:23 pm »

Hue Jackson is looking for a job...

Dr. Starcs

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2018, 03:43:59 pm »

Eh....

HognitiveDissonance

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2018, 04:02:10 pm »

Jerry is a Hall of Fame owner and businessman.
Jerry is a Home Depot level general manager.

Ever since Jimmy left and Jerry took over the operations, the Cowboys have been decidedly mediocre.

Just the fact that the owner has his own radio show, does a post-game press conference, etc. is all you need to know.
Jerry must be front-and-center at all times.
This is why Jimmy and Jerry couldn't get along. Jerry was jealous of Jimmy.

Jerry's judgment simply isn't that good when it comes to football operations.
Even his own kid had to talk him into drafting offensive linemen instead of Johnny Manziel in 2012. Jerry wanted Manziel bad.

Nothing is going to change until Jerry is gone.

I'm actually a fan of his, the way he's a proud Razorback, has been very successful as an owner, but I just call it like I see it.

alohawg

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2018, 11:02:47 pm »

Oh I said before the season Jerry is ruining both my teams. Troy Aikman, who is usually overly optimistic about the cowboys, said they need a complete overhaul of the organization today.

I actually think Romo would make a great offensive coach, not that hed leave his cush job for it though. Im ready for anyone else at this point besides Garrett.

Romo would be a huge upgrade as offensive coordinator. The Red Clapper has to go tho, otherwise he'd screw that up too.

Wildhog

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 09:36:44 am »

Why would Romo be a huge upgrade at OC?  How about hiring an actual OC?

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2018, 10:32:38 am »

Why would Romo be a huge upgrade at OC?  How about hiring an actual OC?

Petrino might need a job before too long. 

TushCrush

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2018, 11:35:50 am »

Jerry has become the modern day Al Davis.
Jerry is a legend in his own mind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas