• 9,973,756 Posts
• 400,380 Topics
• 22,943 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: FIRE BOBBY PETRINO (Article)  (Read 3680 times)

kaiserhog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Kaiser Willie I, A True Hog Fan
Re: FIRE BOBBY PETRINO (Article)
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2018, 02:11:30 pm »

Bama went through a coaching carousel following Stallings.  We were 1-6 versus Bama all time until 1997.  Then when they had the coaching carousel following Stallings, we actually won 6 of the next 10 to 2006 during their coaching carousel (which I would term their "down years.")  Then...whitewash for Saban led Bama to 12 straight from 2007 - Present.

So...to recap.  1962 - 1997 (1 - 6)    1998 - 2006  (6-4)    2007 - Present  (0 - 12) 

I know people love to bust on Hogsanity for always being negative, but in this instance...he's right.  When Bama had decent coaches, they've pretty well owned us....Bryant up through Stallings.  Then we got the best of them during the coaching carousel prior to Saban.  Then Saban has owned us.

Those totals were outright scores.  Those aren't including the vacated Bama wins, which would change it some.  But...to hogsanity's point, when Bama had good coaches we are 1-18.  During that 10 year period when they had the carousel...we got 'em 6 out of 10.  7 out of 22 overall..not counting vacated wins when Bama got caught cheating. 

I can't read hogsanity's mind, but my guess is that he's referring to their "down years" as that period when they thought they could hire ex-Bama players who could win, and it failed.     
If you ignore those 10 years, he is right.  However, they did occur and he is wrong but continue to spin.

urkillnmesmalls

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2018, 03:19:12 pm »

If you ignore those 10 years, he is right.  However, they did occur and he is wrong but continue to spin.

I think we're missing context here.  He qualified what he said by referencing their down years.  I would consider the experiments between Dubose and Shula....down years.  They absolutely count, just like I hope at some point, the CBB years will be considered our "down years."   :(   

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #102 on: November 05, 2018, 04:40:19 pm »

I think we're missing context here.  He qualified what he said by referencing their down years.  I would consider the experiments between Dubose and Shula....down years.  They absolutely count, just like I hope at some point, the CBB years will be considered our "down years."   :(   

Down = not good, on probation, poor coaching hires, whatever lead to them not having 9+ win seasons. Those were the only time the Hogs have challenged for or actually won or tied for 1st in the SECW. Not once has Arkansas ever won or tied for the top of the SECW by beating a Bama team that finished with fewer than 3 loses AND were eligible for post season play. Matter of fact they only did it once when any of the tri of lsu/bama/aub were any better than 5-3 and eligible, and that was 2006. In other words, Arkansas only challenges for or wins the secw when the top comes back to their level, not by Arkansas rising to their level. 

HotlantaHog

« Reply #103 on: November 05, 2018, 04:59:06 pm »

This is obviously a disastrous year, but I would give him some time to rebuild things. He is a great football mind -- maybe the best offensive football mind in coaching today -- and would give him some more time to show that.

Maybe giving a couple extra years wouldn't be acceptable at an SEC school, but it's Louisville. Not sure whoever they get will be an upgrade from Bobby.

colbs

« Reply #104 on: November 05, 2018, 07:34:06 pm »

His first time to be HC at a program more than four consecutive years, I believe.

I always wondered what he would do at a program if he stayed more than 4 years.  Every program he left went to crap when he left.  The recruiting his last couple of years wasn’t as good as his first 2. 

Grizzlyfan

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2018, 09:51:41 am »

It does seem that some have tried to erase that from the history books.   I think that will change with the new administration.
Nobody is saying that Petrino doesn't make a flash in the pan at all his stops.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2018, 09:56:53 am »

This is obviously a disastrous year, but I would give him some time to rebuild things. He is a great football mind -- maybe the best offensive football mind in coaching today -- and would give him some more time to show that.

Maybe giving a couple extra years wouldn't be acceptable at an SEC school, but it's Louisville. Not sure whoever they get will be an upgrade from Bobby.

He is not even the best offensive mind in the ACC, much less all of college football. Why does he need to rebuild things, he has been there long enough that everything built there now is his. 

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #107 on: November 06, 2018, 09:58:53 am »

He is not even the best offensive mind in the ACC, much less all of college football. Why does he need to rebuild things, he has been there long enough that everything built there now is his. 

I hope they keep him around a few more years. 

hog of steele

• Hogvillian
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2018, 10:06:17 am »

sounds like you think he needs a two year pass.

hawgball40

• #wps4life
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2018, 10:08:03 am »

i think every announcer from the bama game would disagree with you. they looked like an nfl offense vs bama in the first and second quarter. unfortunately, they ran out of gas pretty quickly and their big armed qb kept throwing picks to kill their drives. i guess your fault with petrino is that he should have recruited better, and even though he only has a roster of 3 stars and less than five 4 stars, he should be able to compete with teams loaded with 5 and 4 stars. Funny how its the Jimmy's and Joes for Chad but for Bobby its the X's and O's.

hog of steele

• Hogvillian
« Reply #110 on: November 06, 2018, 10:12:53 am »

he should have recruited better, and even though he only has a roster of 3 stars and less than five 4 stars, he should be able to compete with teams loaded with 5 and 4 stars. Funny how its the Jimmy's and Joes for Chad but for Bobby its the X's and O's.

Chad is showing improvement in the roster in his first year recruiting. Petrino recruited his guys. This is what Petrino gets. So for Petrino it has to be the play calling. He isn't going to magically get better at recruiting.

So yes for petrino the special sauce has been x's and o's.

For Chad the special sauce may be recruiting. (we haven't seen chad's best dish yet so we don't know)

hawgball40

• #wps4life
« Reply #111 on: November 06, 2018, 10:16:01 am »

Chad is showing improvement in the roster in his first year recruiting. Petrino recruited his guys. This is what Petrino gets. So for Petrino it has to be the play calling. He isn't going to magically get better at recruiting.

So yes for petrino the special sauce has been x's and o's.

For Chad the special sauce may be recruiting. (we haven't seen chad's best dish yet so we don't know)
fair enough, bobby is to blame for the recruiting. i agree with that. i also agree with your points about coach

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2018, 10:19:52 am »

i think every announcer from the bama game would disagree with you. they looked like an nfl offense vs bama in the first and second quarter. unfortunately, they ran out of gas pretty quickly and their big armed qb kept throwing picks to kill their drives. i guess your fault with petrino is that he should have recruited better, and even though he only has a roster of 3 stars and less than five 4 stars, he should be able to compete with teams loaded with 5 and 4 stars. Funny how its the Jimmy's and Joes for Chad but for Bobby its the X's and O's.

UL is 2-7 in his 5th season. Read my comments in the thread about recruiting vs coaching. College football is 90%+ players and who has the best ones. But part of being a good or great college football coach is being able to recruit, so yea, his roster is on him. But one would think that " the best offensive football mind in coaching today " would be able to take players he recruited and do more than average 21 ppg. Of course when the defense ( i realize BP sees defense as optional ) is giving up 41ppg would it matter?

hog of steele

• Hogvillian
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2018, 10:21:28 am »

fair enough, bobby is to blame for the recruiting. i agree with that. i also agree with your points about coach

Just to make it clear, I love BP. I loved his attitude when he was our coach. I loved seeing those wide open WR's. I loved that 3 and 1 was often a long TD throw. I loved that 3 and 12 wasn't out of reach. I loved that other coaches hated him. I loved winning 21 games in 2 years. I think he was better at AR than he is at L-ville.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #114 on: November 06, 2018, 10:26:12 am »

Just to make it clear, I love BP. I loved his attitude when he was our coach. I loved seeing those wide open WR's. I loved that 3 and 1 was often a long TD throw. I loved that 3 and 12 wasn't out of reach. I loved that other coaches hated him. I loved winning 21 games in 2 years. I think he was better at AR than he is at L-ville.

Funny what having all those NFL draft picks come out of AR HS football in a 2 year span will do for a offense, isn't it.

hog of steele

• Hogvillian
« Reply #115 on: November 06, 2018, 10:32:04 am »

Funny what having all those NFL draft picks come out of AR HS football in a 2 year span will do for a offense, isn't it.

Yep. Getting talented people on your roster helps quite a bit. I am glad Petrino did that while he was here.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #116 on: November 06, 2018, 10:33:49 am »

SVP went off on Petrino, his career and the Louisville situation on his SC rant last night. 

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #117 on: November 06, 2018, 10:36:46 am »

SVP went off on Petrino, his career and the Louisville situation on his SC rant last night. 

Dang, wish I had seen that.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #118 on: November 06, 2018, 10:38:09 am »

Bobby the coach isn't the problem.  Bobby the program leader, builder and maintainer is.  Louisville's program is going in the wrong direction.  Recruits are decommitting.  They have the fewest recruits committed now of any ACC program.  There are going to be transfers out.  It is going to get worse.  Bobby is a great offensive coach but what's going to be left to coach?  That's the Petrino Problem for Louisville for a second time and would have been ours at some point. 

Lou has 10 commits.  1 on the defensive side.  ONE.  It is the 72nd ranked class. 

hog of steele

• Hogvillian
« Reply #119 on: November 06, 2018, 10:40:05 am »

Bobby the coach isn't the problem.  Bobby the program leader, builder and maintainer is.  Louisville's program is going in the wrong direction.  Recruits are decommitting.  They have the fewest recruits committed now of any ACC program.  There are going to be transfers out.  It is going to get worse.  Bobby is a great offensive coach but what's going to be left to coach?  That's the Petrino Problem for Louisville for a second time and would have been ours at some point.

I would love to have him as OC though. Can we just pay him 2 Mill a year to just stay our OC?

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2018, 10:41:06 am »

I would love to have him as OC though. Can we just pay him 2 Mill a year to just stay our OC?

No.  Because nobody wants to work with him.  His staff has become a joke.  It wasn't good when he was here and has gotten worse. 

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2018, 10:44:07 am »

Dang, wish I had seen that.

Probably on the net somewhere.  I'm sure a Lou fan board has it.

A shame Tom Jurich can't be held criminally liable for what he did at Louisville. 

hog of steele

• Hogvillian
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2018, 10:45:19 am »

No.  Because nobody wants to work with him.  His staff has become a joke.  It wasn't good when he was here and has gotten worse.

I think we agree that his issues have hurt him as HC. But those issues are minimized when he has a real boss. CCM would be the top dog and BP would be in his office dreaming up nasty ways to anger defensive coordinators. Best of both worlds. CCM would be recruiting and BP would be getting that talent easy TD's.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2018, 11:03:34 am »

Bobby is a great offensive coach

Bobby is a great offensive coach, when he has great offensive players to coach. Like any coach he is only as good as the talent he has to work with.

hog of steele

• Hogvillian
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2018, 11:23:39 am »

Bobby is a great offensive coach, when he has great offensive players to coach. Like any coach he is only as good as the talent he has to work with.

That isn't true of any coach. Coaching talent is its own skill.

BP gets people in the right position. That works out better when your guys are good.

HN didn't. And even when we had world beating talent, HN couldn't coach them up.

Some coaches are better than others at x's and o's. Petrino was one of the best when he was here. He is struggling this year.

Peter Porker

• Love God. Love Others. It's that simple.
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2018, 11:38:57 am »

He's coaching like a guy that doesn't want to be there.  Since his AD was fired he's lost interest.

Yea, he's holding back. Everyone knows if he wanted to win 11 games he could with a snap of his fingers. /sarcasm

Peter Porker

« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2018, 11:41:09 am »

A decent coach following Petrino would have done fine.  Bielema destroyed our program.  Petrino destroyed himself but not our program.

Try checking out his last 3 recruiting classes.

Peter Porker

« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2018, 11:43:10 am »

I have never seen a group of the fanbase more hell bent on disparaging the most national success the hogs have had since Holtz.  I don't get it.

I remember watching NFL on Fox sports with Switzer and Jimmy Johnson doing a run down of the BCS polls and the Hogs were #3.  It was awesome watching two former hogs talking the BCS polls with the Hogs #3.

Those things are what I miss about winning at a high level and BP edited is the guy that got the Hogs there.

LOL he didn't even win the West and when Saban had a down year (2010) he couldn't beat him at home, in front of a record crowd, with Gameday there.

hog of steele

• Hogvillian
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2018, 11:43:35 am »

A decent coach would have won?

is that how it worked out in L-ville?

I think Petrino would have done better than Johnelle and BB. But he certainly didn't set up the next guy for success. He absolutely tanked our program.

Peter Porker

« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2018, 11:45:00 am »

bobby left his best team behind here. that 2012 team could have been special with Davis, Jonshon, Williams (3 awesome rb's), Wilson, and his best defense to date with philon, flowers, and tank wright, plus mitchell and winston at cb. guarantee you that 2012 team would have won atleast 9 games, if not more. certainly by 2016 when those defensive players were seniors, we could have been really special. Bert dropped the ball. bobby would have kept right on rolling at Arkansas, but its a moot point now. certain posters on this board will never admit this, but we screwed ourselves by firing bobby. now our program is at an all time low and going lower and lower. the only silver lining is that Morris is recruiting his rump off and might maybe just be able to save our program and take it to new highs.

and 2 walkons STARTING on the OL and 2 TRUE FRESHMEN starting at LB. Lol

hawgball40

• #wps4life
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2018, 01:15:09 pm »

A decent coach would have won?

is that how it worked out in L-ville?

I think Petrino would have done better than Johnelle and BB. But he certainly didn't set up the next guy for success. He absolutely tanked our program.
that's revisionist history. our team was loaded with petrino players until 2014 when the last of his major players left.

Let's look at 2012 for example:

At skill positions we had:
Tyler Wilson
Dennis Johnson
Knile Davis
Cobi Hamilton
Chris Gragg
Johnathan Williams
Kiero Small
Mekale McKay

On the oline we had:
Travis Swanson
Alvin Bailey
Mitch Smothers
Jason Peacock

On dline we had:

Tenarius Wright
Byran Jones
DD Jones
Chris Smith
Trey Flowers
Alfred Davis
Deatrich Wise
Darius Philon

at lb we were arguably the thinnest:
Alonzo Highsmith
Aj Turner
Otha Peters
Jarrett Lake

in the backend of the defense we had:
Darius Winston
Tevin Mitchell
Rohan Gaines
Eric Bennett
Ross Rasner
Will Hines

A competent coach would arguably have been able to win 8 or more games with those players. There was some dropoff from 2011 for sure, and the team was thin in certain position groups, but at a school like Arkansas who just won back to back 10 win seasons, isn't a bit of drop off every now and then to be expected, especially given the fact of how early in his tenure it was? There just isn't any evidence to support your claims that petrino left the cupboard empty. He's absolutely the catalyst in the situation, but its on Jeff Long for his epic mismanagement of the situation post petrino being fired.

edit: forgot about Mekale McKay who transferred to cincinatti after the season. he probably would have ended up as one of our most decorated WR of all time due to his combination of size, speed, and play making at the position, and indeed he had a good year as a freshman here.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 01:26:41 pm by hawgball40 »

hawgball40

• #wps4life
« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2018, 01:17:15 pm »

i agree with you here as well.

hawgball40

• #wps4life
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2018, 01:24:56 pm »

ah, the myth that the only good players petrino got were from in state. without that myth you have no argument

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Gameday Goon
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2018, 01:55:04 pm »

ah, the myth that the only good players petrino got were from in state. without that myth you have no argument

You are twisting words.  He said that it is funny what having a good arkansas class can do for an offense. We do tend to have better teams when arkansas has a larger than normal recruiting class.  He did NOT say that the only good players petrino got were from arkansas. 

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2018, 02:19:46 pm »

except that is not what I said. Gragg/Wright/Childs ( all from one HS in one class, from a town with fewer than 5k people in it ) Adams, Wilson. 5 Skill position NFL draft picks in one class. How many NFL skill position players has Ar HS football produced sine the 2008/2009 classes?

wildturkey8

« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2018, 02:40:11 pm »

You are dead wrong if you think it is only about recruiting and little to do with coaching. Recruiting is extremely important but so is coaching and player development.  Nick Saban proves the importance of coaching.  Your posts are getting more ridiculous. 

By the way my post has nothing to do with Bobby Petrino.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2018, 02:48:46 pm »

You are dead wrong if you think it is only about recruiting and little to do with coaching. Recruiting is extremely important but so is coaching and player development.  Nick Saban proves the importance of coaching.  Your posts are getting more ridiculous. 

I never said ONLY about recruiting. But, as you state, recruiting is EXTREMELY important. I submit again, if it were not more about talent than anything else, then you could drop Saban down at Ball State and he'd be winning a title within 4 years. You know and I know, that is not going to happen.

When was HDn at his best? When he had the best player on the field. MJ from 01-04 and DMac in 06/07. Did not win every game, but won a bunch just riding the best horse.

When was Sumlin at is best at A&M - when he had the best player on the field.

Why is Saban so good? He usually has the 5 best players on the field.

Gene Chizik won a NC for goodness sake because he had the best player on the field 14 times in 2010. HE is a freaking .500 lifetime coach, with 3 of his 6 seasons having a losing record.

Peter Porker

« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2018, 03:00:30 pm »

that's revisionist history. our team was loaded with petrino players until 2014 when the last of his major players left.

Let's look at 2012 for example:

At skill positions we had:
Tyler Wilson
Dennis Johnson
Knile Davis
Cobi Hamilton
Chris Gragg
Johnathan Williams
Kiero Small
Mekale McKay

On the oline we had:
Travis Swanson
Alvin Bailey
Mitch Smothers
Jason Peacock

On dline we had:

Tenarius Wright
Byran Jones
DD Jones
Chris Smith
Trey Flowers
Alfred Davis
Deatrich Wise
Darius Philon

at lb we were arguably the thinnest:
Alonzo Highsmith
Aj Turner
Otha Peters
Jarrett Lake

in the backend of the defense we had:
Darius Winston
Tevin Mitchell
Rohan Gaines
Eric Bennett
Ross Rasner
Will Hines

A competent coach would arguably have been able to win 8 or more games with those players. There was some dropoff from 2011 for sure, and the team was thin in certain position groups, but at a school like Arkansas who just won back to back 10 win seasons, isn't a bit of drop off every now and then to be expected, especially given the fact of how early in his tenure it was? There just isn't any evidence to support your claims that petrino left the cupboard empty. He's absolutely the catalyst in the situation, but its on Jeff Long for his epic mismanagement of the situation post petrino being fired.

edit: forgot about Mekale McKay who transferred to cincinatti after the season. he probably would have ended up as one of our most decorated WR of all time due to his combination of size, speed, and play making at the position, and indeed he had a good year as a freshman here.

OFFENSE

WR

17 Brandon Mitchell (Jr., 6-4, 230)  Former QB turned WR transferred

2 Julian Horton (Jr., 6-1, 194)

4 Keon Hatcher (Fr., 6-2, 205)

WR

11 Cobi Hamilton (Sr., 6-3, 209)

19 Javontee Herndon (Jr., 6-1, 204)

WR

82 Mekale McKay (Fr., 6-6, 190) transfer

81 Demetrius Wilson (Jr., 6-3, 180)

15 Keante Minor (So., 6-0, 205) transfer

TE

80 Chris Gragg (Sr., 6-3, 236)

87 Austin Tate (Jr., 6-6, 253)

46 Alex Voelzke (Fr., 6-6, 220) walkon

OT

69 David Hurd (Jr,. 6-6, 300) walkon

70 Chris Stringer (So., 6-7, 304)

OG

76 Tyler Deacon (Sr., 6-4, 300) walkon

75 Luke Charpentier (So., 6-4, 305)

C

64 Travis Swanson (Jr., 6-5, 305)

65 Mitch Smothers (So., 6-4, 296)

OG

67 Alvin Bailey (Jr., 6-5, 312)

75 Luke Charpentier (So., 6-4, 305)

OT

74 Brey Cook (So., 6-7, 308) 71

Jason Peacock (Sr., 6-4, 305)

QB

8 Tyler Wilson (Sr., 6-3, 220)

10 Brandon Allen (Fr., 6-3, 212)

RB

7 Knile Davis (Jr., 6-0, 226) 33

Dennis Johnson (Sr., 5-9, 213)

OR

20 Ronnie Wingo Jr. (Sr., 6-3, 231)

FB

36 Kiero Small (Sr., 5-10, 255)

40 Kody Walker (Fr., 6-2, 240)

K

18 Zach Hocker (Jr., 6-0, 180)

43 John Henson (So., 5-11, 138)

P

14 Dylan Breeding (Sr., 6-1, 211)

18 Zach Hocker (Jr., 6-0, 180)

SNP

53 Alan D’Appollonio (So., 6-0, 201)

56 Will Coleman (Jr., 6-3, 253)

DEFENSE

DE

86 Trey Flowers (So., 6-4, 243)

41 Austin Flynn (Jr., 6-5, 260) did not last

DT

54 Byran Jones (Jr., 6-2, 312)

51 Alfred Davis (Sr., 6-1, 318)

57 Jared Green (Sr., 6-0, 315) walkon

DT

92 DeQuinta Jones (Sr., 6-5, 299)

98 Robert Thomas (Jr., 6-3, 308)

DE

42 Chris Smith (Jr., 6-3, 251)

90 Colton Miles-Nash (Sr., 6-6, 261)

OLB

39 Jarrett Lake (Jr., 6-3, 223)

24 Daunte Carr (So., 6-3, 224)

MLB

43 Tenarius Wright (Sr., 6-2, 252) too slow to play LB forcing a true freshman to start

36 Kiero Small (Sr., 5-10, 255) fullback where's the depth?

OLB

45 Alonzo Highsmith (Sr., 6-1, 233)

25 Terrell Williams (Sr., 6-3, 232)

CB

8 Tevin Mitchel (So., 6-0, 192)

13 Davyon McKinney (Fr., 6-3, 190)

9 Will Hines (Fr., 6-1, 185)

S

35 Ross Rasner (Sr., 6-0, 212)

27 Alan Turner (So., 6-0, 212)

S

14 Eric Bennett (Jr., 6-0, 206)

26 Rohan Gaines (Fr., 5-11, 190)

CB

21 Darius Winston (Sr., 6-0, 191)

23 Kaelon Kelleybrew (Sr., 5-11, 180) walkon

SPECIAL TEAMS

H

16 Brian Buehner (So., 5-11, 195)

14 Dylan Breeding (Sr., 6-1, 211)

KOR

33 Dennis Johnson (Sr., 5-9, 213)

22 Nate Holmes (Fr., 6-1, 175) transferred out

20 Ronnie Wingo Jr. (Sr., 6-3, 231)

PR

33 Dennis Johnson (Sr., 5-9, 213)

15 Keante Minor (So., 6-0, 205)

mckinneyhog5

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2018, 10:51:25 pm »

Damn, Hawgball brought a bazooka to a knife fight.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2018, 11:18:08 pm »

Hmmm.  Now I see why Louisville wants to host the ACC Women’s Volleyball post-season tournament next year.

And there’s a Harley convention rumored to be there soon.

longbore

« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2018, 02:33:19 pm »

I remember back in April 2012 I was finishing up a long day of work when I received a phone call. I was informed that a press conference was scheduled and that Bobby Petrino would be fired. I was asked what I thought about the decision. I paused a bit and then replied that I could certainly understand that position and that it was certainly defensible. I didn't offer anything  else. Then I was emphatically asked; is that all you are going to say about Bobby [CENSORED] Petrino being fired.  My reply was: whatever you think was razorback football is over the past two years under Petrino is finished the moment he's removed from he program. It's absolutely finished, gone.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #141 on: November 09, 2018, 07:28:10 pm »

Watching a typical BP team. Undisciplined, penalty ridden, no defense, team getting dismantled by Syracuse. Now if the hog bball team can come back it'll be a great night.

colbs

« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2018, 09:27:09 pm »

Part of coaching is recruiting.  So if you aren’t a great recruiter you have  to make it up with coaching and development.  It appears BP’s play calling can’t make up for his lack of recruiting.  Also, Syracuse isn’t loaded with 4 & 5 Stars.

imtad16

« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2018, 11:23:59 pm »

Syracuse 54
Louisville 23

They are headed straight for 2-10.

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2018, 08:30:55 am »

Syracuse 54
Louisville 23

They are headed straight for 2-10.
looks like half of our fanbase would trade his 2-10 for CCM 2-10

PP

southeasthog

• Resident Inspector
« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2018, 12:44:15 pm »

looks like half of our fanbase would trade his 2-10 for CCM 2-10

PP

That’s because our fan base is littered with “Coach” fans instead of “Team” fans.

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2018, 12:48:07 pm »

That’s because our fan base is littered with “Coach” fans instead of “Team” fans.

They cant see the big picture and have no grasp of reality. Also funny they think becasue a coach has a good season or 2 it would continue but another coach had a good season or 2 but no way was it gling to continue.

UL is a trainwreck and BP is at the controls.

imtad16

« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2018, 12:52:19 pm »

Apparently midway through the 2nd half they moved the game over from ESPN 2 to ESPNEWS. Ouch.

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2018, 11:52:48 pm »

They cant see the big picture and have no grasp of reality. Also funny they think becasue a coach has a good season or 2 it would continue but another coach had a good season or 2 but no way was it gling to continue.

UL is a trainwreck and BP is at the controls.

And yet there are several people here on Hogville who would want the UA to pay BP $7M a year, thinking he would come back and bring us to prominence, while never considering how volatile he is, and how he would wreck the program again when he gets bored. 

Wisco Pig

« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2018, 12:08:08 pm »

/thread
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas