Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boyd  (Read 3002 times)

hobhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Boyd
« on: October 21, 2018, 10:59:27 am »

Did I hear correctly that he was out due to dehydration? How is that even possible after one half and temps in 60s? Maybe heard wrong....

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
Re: Boyd
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:02:09 am »

I never understood why programs don't do some things.  Why not take the starting 22 or 33 and give them IVs the night before or first thing in the morning before a game.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

checkraiser88

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 11:10:45 am »

I never understood why programs don't do some things.  Why not take the starting 22 or 33 and give them IVs the night before or first thing in the morning before a game.

Because itís a waste of time, drink 150 oz of water and youíll be good

RazorbackToTheFuture

• Senior
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 11:33:59 am »

You can be dehydrated because of an illness.  Food poisoning, the runs, etc.  doesnít mean giving them an IV w fluids would make them 100%.  A few weeks ago I crapped 16 times in about 5 hrs, I donít care how much fluid you put back in I wouldnít feel like playing football.

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 11:57:02 am »

You can be dehydrated because of an illness.  Food poisoning, the runs, etc.  doesnít mean giving them an IV w fluids would make them 100%.  A few weeks ago I crapped 16 times in about 5 hrs, I donít care how much fluid you put back in I wouldnít feel like playing football.

It's info like this that makes Hogville what it is!!

Hogbit

• Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 12:03:50 pm »

Deserves a like for his being so candid. There are some members here on HV, if they pulled that stunt, there would be nothing left of them.

rtr

• Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 12:12:05 pm »

Did he not carry the ball 23 times in the first half?  I think they made a decision to try to save him.  They will need Boyd for both halves next week.  Not sure I buy he was dehydrated.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 12:18:27 pm »

Because itís a waste of time, drink 150 oz of water and youíll be good

It's post like these that really make me question people in general.  Have you ever been active in your life?  Once you hit dehydration, it isn't getting fixed before a football game is over, it must be something that is done over many hours. 

That being said, as in the other RB thread, Boyd had as many or more touches in the first half without rest than almost all teams gave their starting RB in a full game yesterday.  He must get rest from the other backs or he is going to have more of this.

RazorbackToTheFuture

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 12:47:00 pm »

Lol yes it was a mixture between the onset of a ton of sinus drainage + Chinese food + milkshake.  Had I known about the drainage I wouldnít have opted for the rest and only had half the craps.

Drop the Mike

• Varsity
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 12:50:34 pm »

Pics or it didnít happen

hawginbigd1

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 01:00:10 pm »

It's post like these that really make me question people in general.  Have you ever been active in your life?  Once you hit dehydration, it isn't getting fixed before a football game is over, it must be something that is done over many hours. 

That being said, as in the other RB thread, Boyd had as many or more touches in the first half without rest than almost all teams gave their starting RB in a full game yesterday.  He must get rest from the other backs or he is going to have more of this.
So if you can't fix dehydration quickly, why do players run into the locker room and get an IV and then seem to come back to the game and have no more issues? I  mean it doesn't make sense to me but I see it done a lot. If you watch it is done a lot at halftime even, a player you have seen go into the locker room or who played in the first half will come back to the field with some bandage right below the elbow, pretty solid bet they just got fluids via IV.

Rocky&Boarwinkle

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 01:00:31 pm »

I saw about the details on Whaley's injury, what is up with Hammonds? Speaking of trying to give Boyd a spell from time to time.  Whaley being hurt has not been helpful.  That one-two punch might have saved us against Mississippi and in a few of the other spots since Whaley originally hurt his ankle.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

• O'dell's right hand man.
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 01:01:30 pm »

Lol yes it was a mixture between the onset of a ton of sinus drainage + Chinese food + milkshake.  Had I known about the drainage I wouldnít have opted for the rest and only had half the craps.
That sounds like a crappy situation...

ballz2thewall

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2018, 01:08:59 pm »

if he's not ill or extremely hung-over then he's not dehydrated; i don't care what anyone says. even a prolonged lousy diet would've sufficed for yesterday.

whenever someone has a cramp [don't know if boyd was cramping up or not] someone will chime in with "dehydration" as a reflex.

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2018, 01:12:41 pm »

Always stay away from the camel hump...

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2018, 01:14:47 pm »

I thought Boyd ran tough, but he needs some new shoes.  He seemed to be off balance on just about every run.  Two or maybe three of his runs may have been long TD's if he doesn't trip over the tip of his shoes.

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2018, 01:38:33 pm »

I thought Boyd ran tough, but he needs some new shoes.  He seemed to be off balance on just about every run.  Two or maybe three of his runs may have been long TD's if he doesn't trip over the tip of his shoes.

They probably wear Nike, which are the worst shoes you can buy for your feet.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2018, 01:51:38 pm »

So if you can't fix dehydration quickly, why do players run into the locker room and get an IV and then seem to come back to the game and have no more issues? I  mean it doesn't make sense to me but I see it done a lot. If you watch it is done a lot at halftime even, a player you have seen go into the locker room or who played in the first half will come back to the field with some bandage right below the elbow, pretty solid bet they just got fluids via IV.

Quick ivís donít fix actual dehydration. They are great for cramping but usually arenít a cure more of a bandaid.  They certainly will help, but not going to immediately take an athlete from dehydration stage to hydrated. 

Iíd assume dehydration might be code word for actually banged up or just truly worn the F out from his first half output. 

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2018, 01:53:37 pm »

Once you hit dehydration, it isn't getting fixed before a football game is over, it must be something that is done over many hours. 

Not necessarily...

https://breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-hydrated

Yes, I have a little medical training.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2018, 01:56:36 pm »

Not really..
https://breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/how-long-does-it-take-to-get-hydrated

Yes, I have a little medical training.

That study is for going from dehydration before becoming active to get you hydrated to then start the activity.  It just isnít the same. 

And the original quote was for him to chug 150 oz and get back in.  Your medical training should tell you that isnít proper for a dehydrated athlete mid game? 

Mike Irwin

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2018, 02:11:22 pm »

This.

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 02:26:38 pm »

So if you can't fix dehydration quickly, why do players run into the locker room and get an IV and then seem to come back to the game and have no more issues?

IV hydration is the fastest method for recovery......when dehydration is the issue.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2018, 02:28:48 pm »

Thatís still 8 in 5 hours! Rough day, man.

Pics or it didnít happen

Can we just take his word for it on this one?

• Senior
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2018, 03:24:35 pm »

Clearly Morris did not want to discuss it. Our brilliant media boys did not follow up with " Gee coach he was with the team from friday afternoon till game time, was water available? Is  it part of the training staff's duties to be sure the platers eat and are properly hydrated? Seemed like some other players were cramping and the temp was in the mid 60's does that seem odd? Do you think adding some electrolyte to the diet might help? Do you think it had anything to do with alcohol consumption?

Bottom line somebody is responsible for keeping the players hydrated. Who on staff is that?

Bacons Rebellion

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2018, 03:33:33 pm »

James Rouse says, "Hello? Runs?"

So, do you keep a tally sheet in the bathroom? Is that maybe something I should do? We could do stats and graphs and show each other. Fayette Villian could look for tendencies.

HogPharmer

• KCCO
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2018, 03:34:00 pm »

They probably wear Nike, which are the worst shoes you can buy for your feet.

Sounds like he needs some New Balance

Hogbit

• Hogvillian
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2018, 03:39:38 pm »

Sounds like he needs some New Balance
Cornball, you can do better.

RazorbackToTheFuture

• Senior
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2018, 03:40:41 pm »

Pics or it didnít happen

Better left to the imagination

That sounds like a crappy situation...

That cracked me up

James Rouse says, "Hello? Runs?"

So, do you keep a tally sheet in the bathroom? Is that maybe something I should do? We could do stats and graphs and show each other. Fayette Villian could look for tendencies.

There are a few apps for that

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2018, 03:45:21 pm »

I'm sure that everyone on HV is eternally grateful for your sharing that particular bit of info. Yep, one can ALWAYS count on becoming even more intelligent every time he/she consults this site.  ::) :-X

sowmonella

• You know I'm right.
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2018, 03:46:50 pm »

Taking this off the pre game menu. 8)

Hogbit

• Hogvillian
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2018, 05:07:22 pm »

Taking this off the pre game menu. 8)
That skit was classic.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2018, 05:17:07 pm »

Gotta be a record!

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2018, 05:36:44 pm »

Clearly Morris did not want to discuss it. Our brilliant media boys did not follow up with " Gee coach he was with the team from friday afternoon till game time, was water available? Is  it part of the training staff's duties to be sure the platers eat and are properly hydrated? Seemed like some other players were cramping and the temp was in the mid 60's does that seem odd? Do you think adding some electrolyte to the diet might help? Do you think it had anything to do with alcohol consumption?

Bottom line somebody is responsible for keeping the players hydrated. Who on staff is that?

Must be another conspiracy. Geez.
Yeah, no more keggers the night before a game.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2018, 06:40:31 pm »

Must be another conspiracy. Geez.
Yeah, no more keggers the night before a game.

There'll be a few fraternities glad to hear this, the players were drinking most of it.

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2018, 07:09:19 pm »

Since weíre talking crap stories....

I left El Dorado for Fayetteville one day about 8 years ago and just north of Hampton, it hit. It started with an innocent breakage of wind but soon thereafter, my arse was a fully functioning woodwind section of the highest orchestral order. My resolution held steady but over then next ten minutes or so, my pace quickened. 65 then 70.....then 75 mph. As I surpassed 80 mph on highway 167 North, the pine trees were a mere blur and the sun cresting over the tree tops couldn't surpress the enemy within.

I was in no mans land, friends. My will started to fail! Where could I manage to divest this gastrointestinal beast that would require a clean up of epic proportions?  This wasn't gonna be something that nature would provide sufficient wiping material for.  Could I use and discard my t-shirt? Would that be enough? Is there a chance I could find some large banana leaves in this otherwise pine laden monotony? If I drop this deuce roadside, what in the hell am I gonna do once my limited clean up options run out? Could I clean my clothing turned soiled wiping aids at the next car wash? Could I really stop at the next house and explain my situation before my puckered arsehole exploded with such force that it could scar their children? Why the hell was Europe's "The Final Countdown" playing on the radio now?

I should mention now that my road deuce strategy usually follows a "find the closest thing to a home field advantage" approach. You know, a "brand" hotel is typically the closest equivalent of a home deuce in that any reputable hotel should offer a clean environment with ample rollage and stalls that instill a peaceful solitude that personifies the joy of a good home deuce.  If any one here has been on highway 167 between Hampton and Fordyce though, you know nothing fits that description.

As I hit 90 mph, the fear of getting pulled over took my mind off the waning pressures from within. I remember thinking at one point, "well, they're gonna have to lay down spike strips to get me to stop and if that happens at least the fact that I will also have shat myself could disturb them enough that they'll let me go to avoid having to power wash the inside of the cop car".

As I passed the turn off for highway 274, I threw in the Rocky IV CD. Four seconds into Robert Tepper's "There's No Easy Way Out" I realized I was playing for keeps. Then I realized that my song choice could accidentally trigger the human waste holocaust I was desperately fighting against. I chuckled at the irony of Rocky driving while mourning the loss of Apollo Creed while I was driving 95 mph in mourning of the passing of the previous nights dinner. In that moment, I hit the random button on my stereo and found the ray of hope I needed; Rocky IV's "Training Montage".

I chuckled again at the visual irony of Rocky pushing himself through the snow while carrying a log while I hit 100 mph to push out a log of my own. A few minutes later, I merged onto highway 79, which takes you into Fordyce. I had already decided miles before that Walmart was gonna be the battleground for my ever brewing bowel atrocity. I barely let off the gas as I merged onto 79. I began to plan my strategy for making my way to the can. Am I so pinched up that I should just jump in a cart and have someone push me in? If they happen to hit a bump with the cart, would that trigger my septic avalanche?

My tires screeched as I whipped into the parking lot. I got out of the car so quick I accidentally farted with a violence that I was sure echoed across the parking lot and probably lead to some hot seepage. I regained my composure and walked in like I was trying to open a jar of pickles with my arsehole.

I scanned the front of the store! &$#%}*^!!!! The }%{*# bathroom is in the back of the %}*#+{= store! I pressed onward to the back of the store in such a disheveled manner, I was certain I would be stopped by security under the suspicion of shoplifting Midge, the door greeter, in my pants. I could no longer focus my eyes. I accidentally farted again next to the baby food aisle. It smelled like a rotten hot dog slathered in hot liquid sulfur. It was so bad, I wanted to wipe my arse with a snow cone or possibly some clay bars from automotive.

I finally made it to the bathroom and sat down with such an anger, I think it jarred the sink away from the wall and forced the faucet on. The next 30 seconds or so are a bit blurry but I swear I may or may not have given birth to a baby rhino that ate 40 lbs of applesauce and toxic waste. I also may or may not have ripped the handicap hand rail out of the wall for leverage and unknowingly kicked off a shoe. At one point, the lights flickered and I panicked over whether I needed to bite down on my wallet or one of the toilet paper rolls to avoid sharing my gastric saga with the rest of the store.  I wanted to get out of the stall halfway through and dunk my arse in a homemade ice bath in the sink or possibly just use the half full, stagnant mop bucket that appeared to have been parked in the corner since Nixon was in office but I was afraid of getting some tepid drippage on my boxers and jeans. I also debated whether I should sneak out of the stall pants down to grab some paper towels in the event the four rolls didn't put a dent in cleaning up from such a putrid undertaking. I was thankful to a degree that the toilet was a water conservation model so the backsplash potential was kept to a minimum. I flushed so much that the city of Fordyce must have thought half the town was filling their swimming pools that morning. The waste treatment plant probably wondered why there was an anomalous, lunar driven, high tide as well. Despite feeling renewed, I did feel a brief moment of guilt for not trying to chisel off the bowl residue with a garden trowel but I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible since I felt confident an audience and some local EMTs might have been gathering just outside the bathroom door. I'll spare any further sordid embellishments but it was the best and worst deuce of my life. I may have even teared up from the emotion of making it through the drive from Hampton to Fordyce under such derisive conditions.

Looking back, I imagine the backroom associates of the Fordyce Walmart thought that bathroom was part of a Jean Claude Van Damm movie set in a sewage treatment plant. I made it through unscathed though and give credit to that Rocky IV soundtrack for keeping me motivated along the way. I suppose though the true motivation for that harrowing experience lies in the previous nights dinner: chili. cheese. frito. pie.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2018, 07:19:38 pm »

There'll be a few fraternities glad to hear this, the players were drinking most of it.

Guess they hit the kegs before going to the team hotel Friday night. ;)

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2018, 07:33:56 pm »

Guess they hit the kegs before going to the team hotel Friday night. ;)

You were in college once, one can consume a lot of beer before 10pm, you just have to start early!

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2018, 07:44:45 pm »

You were in college once, one can consume a lot of beer before 10pm, you just have to start early!

Not doubt!

Hogbit

• Hogvillian
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2018, 08:07:04 pm »

Since weíre talking crap stories....

I left El Dorado for Fayetteville one day about 8 years ago and just north of Hampton, it hit. It started with an innocent breakage of wind but soon thereafter, my arse was a fully functioning woodwind section of the highest orchestral order. My resolution held steady but over then next ten minutes or so, my pace quickened. 65 then 70.....then 75 mph. As I surpassed 80 mph on highway 167 North, the pine trees were a mere blur and the sun cresting over the tree tops couldn't surpress the enemy within.

I was in no mans land, friends. My will started to fail! Where could I manage to divest this gastrointestinal beast that would require a clean up of epic proportions?  This wasn't gonna be something that nature would provide sufficient wiping material for.  Could I use and discard my t-shirt? Would that be enough? Is there a chance I could find some large banana leaves in this otherwise pine laden monotony? If I drop this deuce roadside, what in the hell am I gonna do once my limited clean up options run out? Could I clean my clothing turned soiled wiping aids at the next car wash? Could I really stop at the next house and explain my situation before my puckered arsehole exploded with such force that it could scar their children? Why the hell was Europe's "The Final Countdown" playing on the radio now?

I should mention now that my road deuce strategy usually follows a "find the closest thing to a home field advantage" approach. You know, a "brand" hotel is typically the closest equivalent of a home deuce in that any reputable hotel should offer a clean environment with ample rollage and stalls that instill a peaceful solitude that personifies the joy of a good home deuce.  If any one here has been on highway 167 between Hampton and Fordyce though, you know nothing fits that description.

As I hit 90 mph, the fear of getting pulled over took my mind off the waning pressures from within. I remember thinking at one point, "well, they're gonna have to lay down spike strips to get me to stop and if that happens at least the fact that I will also have shat myself could disturb them enough that they'll let me go to avoid having to power wash the inside of the cop car".

As I passed the turn off for highway 274, I threw in the Rocky IV CD. Four seconds into Robert Tepper's "There's No Easy Way Out" I realized I was playing for keeps. Then I realized that my song choice could accidentally trigger the human waste holocaust I was desperately fighting against. I chuckled at the irony of Rocky driving while mourning the loss of Apollo Creed while I was driving 95 mph in mourning of the passing of the previous nights dinner. In that moment, I hit the random button on my stereo and found the ray of hope I needed; Rocky IV's "Training Montage".

I chuckled again at the visual irony of Rocky pushing himself through the snow while carrying a log while I hit 100 mph to push out a log of my own. A few minutes later, I merged onto highway 79, which takes you into Fordyce. I had already decided miles before that Walmart was gonna be the battleground for my ever brewing bowel atrocity. I barely let off the gas as I merged onto 79. I began to plan my strategy for making my way to the can. Am I so pinched up that I should just jump in a cart and have someone push me in? If they happen to hit a bump with the cart, would that trigger my septic avalanche?

My tires screeched as I whipped into the parking lot. I got out of the car so quick I accidentally farted with a violence that I was sure echoed across the parking lot and probably lead to some hot seepage. I regained my composure and walked in like I was trying to open a jar of pickles with my arsehole.

I scanned the front of the store! &$#%}*^!!!! The }%{*# bathroom is in the back of the %}*#+{= store! I pressed onward to the back of the store in such a disheveled manner, I was certain I would be stopped by security under the suspicion of shoplifting Midge, the door greeter, in my pants. I could no longer focus my eyes. I accidentally farted again next to the baby food aisle. It smelled like a rotten hot dog slathered in hot liquid sulfur. It was so bad, I wanted to wipe my arse with a snow cone or possibly some clay bars from automotive.

I finally made it to the bathroom and sat down with such an anger, I think it jarred the sink away from the wall and forced the faucet on. The next 30 seconds or so are a bit blurry but I swear I may or may not have given birth to a baby rhino that ate 40 lbs of applesauce and toxic waste. I also may or may not have ripped the handicap hand rail out of the wall for leverage and unknowingly kicked off a shoe. At one point, the lights flickered and I panicked over whether I needed to bite down on my wallet or one of the toilet paper rolls to avoid sharing my gastric saga with the rest of the store.  I wanted to get out of the stall halfway through and dunk my arse in a homemade ice bath in the sink or possibly just use the half full, stagnant mop bucket that appeared to have been parked in the corner since Nixon was in office but I was afraid of getting some tepid drippage on my boxers and jeans. I also debated whether I should sneak out of the stall pants down to grab some paper towels in the event the four rolls didn't put a dent in cleaning up from such a putrid undertaking. I was thankful to a degree that the toilet was a water conservation model so the backsplash potential was kept to a minimum. I flushed so much that the city of Fordyce must have thought half the town was filling their swimming pools that morning. The waste treatment plant probably wondered why there was an anomalous, lunar driven, high tide as well. Despite feeling renewed, I did feel a brief moment of guilt for not trying to chisel off the bowl residue with a garden trowel but I wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible since I felt confident an audience and some local EMTs might have been gathering just outside the bathroom door. I'll spare any further sordid embellishments but it was the best and worst deuce of my life. I may have even teared up from the emotion of making it through the drive from Hampton to Fordyce under such derisive conditions.

Looking back, I imagine the backroom associates of the Fordyce Walmart thought that bathroom was part of a Jean Claude Van Damm movie set in a sewage treatment plant. I made it through unscathed though and give credit to that Rocky IV soundtrack for keeping me motivated along the way. I suppose though the true motivation for that harrowing experience lies in the previous nights dinner: chili. cheese. frito. pie.
Beans or no beans?

jkstock04

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2018, 08:11:19 pm »

To be fair he could be talking about drinking that amount of water for a day or so leading up to the game.

Guy I know is a long distance runner in competitions and he talks about the importance of hydrating days leading up to the run. If you wait to start hammering water the day of the event you are screwed...not going to be hydrated properly.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2018, 08:13:40 pm »

To be fair he could be talking about drinking that amount of water for a day or so leading up to the game.

Guy I know is a long distance runner in competitions and he talks about the importance of hydrating days leading up to the run. If you wait to start hammering water the day of the event you are screwed...not going to be hydrated properly.

Exactly. Itís your entire diet actually as well.  These guys should be on a pretty strict diet and water consumption target each day. 

All that said, Iím still not sure dehydration is what really/fully happened

Hogbit

• Hogvillian
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2018, 10:07:13 am »

Having this thread trashed sucks.

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2018, 10:45:30 am »

Having this thread trashed sucks.
Many eventually do anyway. So.....just got there a little quicker than some.

Hogbit

• Hogvillian
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2018, 12:42:34 am »

Many eventually do anyway. So.....just got there a little quicker than some.
I wonder what ass wipe got this one canned?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas