• 10,017,865 Posts
• 401,530 Topics
• 22,977 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lot's of STUPID tonight!  (Read 3923 times)

lakecityhog

Lot's of STUPID tonight!
« on: October 13, 2018, 10:33:30 pm »

I hope Storey isn't badly concussed. Morris and the training staff are to be applauded with the way they handled that situation, it had to be so tempting to put Storey in for just a couple of plays.

Losing Boyd was a terrible blow and took away at least 1 or 2 TD's instead of field goals. Losing Whaley was very likely the death blow because Storey probably felt compelled to assert himself more than he should have. Losing Storey WAS the death blow. It is obvious that HE is the answer for this year.

Morris played the 2nd half the only way he could especially after Ty went down. I don't view trying to compensate for injuries "playing not to lose" I call it facing reality.

This team did not quit, I am angry right now, but I refuse to quit on the hogs. Don't allow your anger to justify posting stupid hurtful stuff that helps no one.

OinkinOregon

Re: Lot's of STUPID tonight!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 10:35:18 pm »

Not worth hurting Storey anymore.  The kid is an animal.  Had to hold him back.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 10:36:48 pm »

WMS TURF was unfit and unsafe for an SEC game.

Offensive playcalling way too conservative in 4th qtr.  Second half for that matter.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 08:41:16 am by Atlhogfan1 »

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 10:37:02 pm »

I hope Storey isn't badly concussed. Morris and the training staff are to be applauded with the way they handled that situation, it had to be so tempting to put Storey in for just a couple of plays.

Losing Boyd was a terrible blow and took away at least 1 or 2 TD's instead of field goals. Losing Whaley was very likely the death blow because Storey probably felt compelled to assert himself more than he should have. Losing Storey WAS the death blow. It is obvious that HE is the answer for this year.

Morris played the 2nd half the only way he could especially after Ty went down. I don't view trying to compensate for injuries "playing not to lose" I call it facing reality.

This team did not quit, I am angry right now, but I refuse to quit on the hogs. Don't allow your anger to justify posting stupid hurtful stuff that helps no one.
absolutely all true

gawntrail

• Senior
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 10:37:55 pm »

Not worth hurting Storey anymore.  The kid is an animal.  Had to hold him back.

Yep.  Smart decision.

DoctorSusscrofa

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 10:38:26 pm »

WMS was unfit and unsafe for an SEC game.

Offensive playcalling way too conservative in 4th qtr.  Second half for that matter.

Dumbest analysis of the day.

jcharkansas

• Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 10:38:39 pm »

Idc where the games are played if we win, but man we have got to figure this out. WMS has been fine the past few years no need to blame the stadium..

HogFan1973

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 10:40:21 pm »

Conservative because we don't have a QB that can run the offense after Storey. 

pigzwillrise

• WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 10:41:32 pm »

Hogville at its best tonight. Like a bunch of pissed off first graders being forced to come in from recess and go straight to nap time.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 10:44:24 pm »

Do you people not realize what the crap turf did tonight? Ignorance. 

Razorbackrowe77

• Band Nerd
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 10:44:42 pm »

Idc where the games are played if we win, but man we have got to figure this out. WMS has been fine the past few years no need to blame the stadium..

Not saying we lost b/c of where we played the game...but when you don’t have a functioning play clock and the turf is like being tackled on concrete...the guy has a point.

Hogmatic

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 10:46:03 pm »

We lost by a late TD to a team after losing our starting Stud RB, next stud RB, and our starting QB twice.   Play calling will not be the same if you lose those guys.   We had been successful in getting up and staying up by 2 scores most of the game.   We lost while being competitive and that is all I wanted to see if we lost.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 10:46:44 pm »

The turf.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 10:47:20 pm »

Dumbest analysis of the day.

darn response.  You want to disagree tell us why.

Razor_back

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 10:48:10 pm »

Exactly

OkieBack

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 10:55:21 pm »

Not saying we lost b/c of where we played the game...but when you don’t have a functioning play clock and the turf is like being tackled on concrete...the guy has a point.

I agree here.  They gotta do something about that stadium and the turf problem if they want the Razorbacks to keep coming back there.  There is a reason most stadiums got away from that crap decades ago.

HatfieldHog

• Hogville.net
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 11:01:06 pm »

I do not understand how every athlete on that field tonight has an "apple watch" that has more computing power than the entire "Apollo" mission, and we can't keep 1960's technology (in the form of a play-clock) working on the field....!!!!!

See ya

HogNTX

• Varsity
  • Spending time in my Hog Oasis
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 11:02:19 pm »

Great post!!

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 11:04:05 pm »

CCM started the 2nd half playing not to lose, he didn't start when Ty went down or when Whaley went down, this game loss is squarely on CCM tonight.

swineology

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 11:05:03 pm »

All those soft coverages and missed tackles by the D had no bearing on the game

navyhog24

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 11:05:10 pm »

Why the frick give Noland all the 2nd team reps if you're just gonna bring in Kelley at first chance? Idiotic coaching and roster management.

Wildhog

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 11:06:25 pm »

ShadowTheHedgehog

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2018, 11:06:28 pm »

WMS has been fine the past few years...

It has not "been fine", it has been a crap-hole on and off the field. If they want to play more games in LR they need to put some $ into WMS. It is embarrassing.

1highhog

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 11:06:43 pm »

I do not understand how every athlete on that field tonight has an "apple watch" that has more computing power than the entire "Apollo" mission, and we can't keep 1960's technology (in the form of a play-clock) working on the field....!!!!!

See ya

The play clock at RRS quits almost every game, they get it fixed most times, but it has. It's troubles as well and is a hell of a lot newer.

ShadowTheHedgehog

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 11:08:09 pm »

Why the frick give Noland all the 2nd team reps if you're just gonna bring in Kelley at first chance? Idiotic coaching and roster management.

IMO Noland is not ready and Kelley is not ready. With the lead and Ole Miss' inability to stop the run they thought they could grind it out running CH and CK for 3-4 yards per carry.

1highhog

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 11:08:16 pm »

It has not "been fine", it has been a crap-hole on and off the field. If they want to play more games in LR they need to put some $ into WMS. It is embarrassing.

When's the last time you were there?

1highhog

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 11:08:59 pm »

IMO Noland is not ready and Kelley is not ready. With the lead and Ole Miss' inability to stop the run they thought they could grind it out running CH and CK for 3-4 yards per carry.

Kelley will never be ready.

OkieBack

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2018, 11:09:20 pm »

CCM started the 2nd half playing not to lose, he didn't start when Ty went down or when Whaley went down, this game loss is squarely on CCM tonight.

As much as I hate to say it, yeah CCM needs to take the blame on this one.  Yeah our QB went down.  We had our RB's go out.  If I remember correctly we had our players to start the 2nd half, didn't we?  Even with them in the game the coaches were happy to settle for 3 points instead of TD's.  No killer mentality the 2nd half.  We pulled our foot off the gas and we lost.

3kgthog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Don't PM me. I never read them.
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2018, 11:09:49 pm »

I saw a lot of quit in that defense. If you watched a different game, lucky you.

It’s a throwaway season. Not much else can be said about it.

lakecityhog

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2018, 11:10:41 pm »

I think both teams played on the same surface, right? We just got unlucky with the way a our players hit the turf.

You guys are taking the word of SEC announcers that Noland got all the 2nd team reps, did he really?

Regardless, don't let me interrupt the stupid, carry on!

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2018, 11:11:42 pm »

I am not convinced the defense played hard the whole game

TexasHog

• Varsity
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2018, 11:11:58 pm »

Should have ran some play action passes while our run game was working instead we just kept running and running and running until our halfbacks got hurt then Storey got hurt.

Game was basically over at that point.

Who was Kelley throwing to on the last drive because I saw nobody but defenders in the area?

Maybe the white helmets confused him?

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2018, 11:12:47 pm »

Should have ran some play action passes while our run game was working instead we just kept running and running and running until our halfbacks got hurt then Storey got hurt.

Who was Kelley throwing to on the last drive because I saw nobody but defenders in the area?

He overthrew open receiver.

jkstock04

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2018, 11:15:00 pm »

Dumber than a bag of hammers having basically the exact same helmets as ole Miss. But no, he just over threw his wide open receiver 10 yards too high.

TexasHog

• Varsity
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2018, 11:15:31 pm »

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2018, 11:15:40 pm »

He was throw to woods. Missed him badly

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 11:17:46 pm »

I think both teams played on the same surface, right? We just got unlucky with the way a our players hit the turf.

You guys are taking the word of SEC announcers that Noland got all the 2nd team reps, did he really?

Regardless, don't let me interrupt the stupid, carry on!

Well, announcers were not at any practice.  They report info that is given to them.  by whom?  Was it a reliable source from the Hogs' staff or was it the guy they were talking to at the pregame tailgate?

ShadowTheHedgehog

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2018, 11:35:00 pm »

Kelley will never be ready.

Maybe not, but he was consistently getting 4+ yards in short-yardage situations. I think they thought he and CH could run out the clock.

my last game there was 2016

1highhog

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2018, 11:38:44 pm »

It started being conservative at the start of the 2nd half.

hawginbigd1

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2018, 12:58:24 am »

It started being conservative at the start of the 2nd half.
Besides the pass to o'grady i don't think Storey passed the ball past 5 yards, this looks a lot like GM'S garbage offense.

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2018, 01:06:26 am »

Dropped pass by Pettway was a killer.

Rzbakfromwaybak

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2018, 01:10:54 am »

Dumber than a bag of hammers having basically the exact same helmets as ole Miss. But no, he just over threw his wide open receiver 10 yards too high.

Yes, can't believe we didn't have on red helmets??  Why in the world would we have on white helmets, when our opponent is wearing white ??

Jimbob111

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2018, 01:12:12 am »

If you don't have a QB that can run your "system", which is a high school system, then you need to change your system.

This is the most full of crap excuse of all of the Chad excuses. He has a simple, high school "system" and if these 4 star QBs can't run his "system" then it's a broken system. So, these QBs who were recruited by other P5 schools can't run this "system"?  Then change the system. Good coaches do all the time. Average coaches do, too.  Bad or stubborn coaches try to put a square peg in a round hole.

HawgnCorona

« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2018, 01:21:21 am »

Really?!!  LMAO!!

Hou-Hog

« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2018, 03:26:25 am »

If you don't have a QB that can run your "system", which is a high school system, then you need to change your system.

This is the most full of crap excuse of all of the Chad excuses. He has a simple, high school "system" and if these 4 star QBs can't run his "system" then it's a broken system. So, these QBs who were recruited by other P5 schools can't run this "system"?  Then change the system. Good coaches do all the time. Average coaches do, too.  Bad or stubborn coaches try to put a square peg in a round hole.
Completely disagree.  CM needs to install the offense that he wants to run not for this year but for the next 2.   

Ty has been improving and playing with tremendous heart but he does not have the arm strength to throw the ball all over the field.  The TD to CJ is a good example.  Yes, he was a 4 star but clearly there are limitations in his game. 

Today was exceptional frustrating, but the recruiting that this staff is doing is at a level that we have not seen since we have been in the SEC.

parallaxpig

• Senior
  • Man that ball got outta here in a hurry.
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2018, 04:22:11 am »

I am not convinced the defense played hard the whole game

Oh they play hard, they just can't tackle anyone......

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2018, 08:08:06 am »

Really?!!  LMAO!!

What’s funny about being forced to play on that surface?

ballz2thewall

« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2018, 08:12:35 am »

but you've got to remember that kelly was in at qb during much of the playcalling. the plays are severaly limited with him at qb. before storey went down, our rb's were filtering out. it would seem playcalling is affected by all of this.

Lud42

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2018, 08:15:38 am »

Arkansas Offensive Possessions:

1. FG
2. TD
3. TD
4. TD
5. FG
6. Half
7. FG
8. FG
---Storey Goes down with injury--
9. Punt
10. Punt
11. Int

If you think the offense was any kind of problem in this game prior to Storey going down with injury, I don't know what to tell you. Kelly is just not that good of a qb, he's okay in certain goal line and short yardage situations and occassionally hits a big play deep, but that's it. Cannot move the offense consistently. I agree with those who say he got the nod over Noland mainly because he has been in the moment before, but not sure at this point that was the correct decision.

rtr

« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2018, 08:16:50 am »

Really, that is the same system they run at Clemson.  They are high school.  The amount of ignorance in your post is off the charts.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas