• 9,928,213 Posts
• 399,311 Topics
• 22,894 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: News Flash:  (Read 2723 times)

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Giant Bobby Portis is tired of your crap.
News Flash:
« on: October 13, 2018, 10:18:25 pm »

When you lose the 3 guys most responsible for moving your offense - it's tough to move the offense. Good effort. Bad luck. Gotta get better in the redzone though.

Dr. Starcs

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
Re: News Flash:
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2018, 10:19:10 pm »

Also news flash: Chavis far from the “best defensive coordinator in the country”

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2018, 10:20:36 pm »

Also news flash: Chavis far from the “best defensive coordinator in the country”

He's better than we've had in a long time. But no, not the best.

hogginbama

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2018, 10:20:41 pm »

He would be a bit better if he had a safety that wrapped up on the tackle instead of coming in, head down then taking out tacklers behind the receiver. Funny thing is, last week announcer pointed out a play and said it should be the "poster child for proper tackling technique".

LumberBacks

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2018, 10:21:14 pm »

News flash.  Ole Miss lost as many players to go with all the others on D they have lost this year.  So many that they are moving running backs to defensive back positions. But somehow they figured it out to get the W. 

Marshfieldhog

• Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 10:21:54 pm »

Defense was horrible, offense did enough to win the game and had a 9 pt lead late in the 4th.

Dr. Starcs

• Tell me what you don't like about yourself.
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2018, 10:21:54 pm »

And who is responsible for coaching said safety and allowing him to continue to play mistake after mistake?

thebignasty

• I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2018, 10:21:58 pm »

Emotions are high and we got torched in the second half, but Ole Miss has some offensive talent.  Safety play was absolutely atrocious today.

LumberBacks

• Senior
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2018, 10:22:05 pm »

He would be a bit better if he had a safety that wrapped up on the tackle instead of coming in, head down then taking out tacklers behind the receiver. Funny thing is, last week announcer pointed out a play and said it should be the "poster child for proper tackling technique".
"Tissue" Ramirez

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2018, 10:22:15 pm »

This loss is on coaching. You mean to tell me Ole Miss is biting on the run every time and we don't run any playaction?

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2018, 10:22:48 pm »

News flash.  Ole Miss lost as many players to go with all the others on D they have lost this year.  So many that they are moving running backs to defensive back positions. But somehow they figured it out to get the W. 

Deeper team. We just don't have anyone that knows the offense like Ty and runs as hard as Boyd. Whaley was better than I've seen him in a long time though.

31to6

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2018, 10:23:06 pm »

When you lose the 3 guys most responsible for moving your offense - it's tough to move the offense. Good effort. Bad luck. Gotta get better in the redzone though.
They threw the game away before Ty got hurt.

They should have known that Hayden would not be reliable yardage (because he has *always* been boom or bust--he's too small to gut out 4-5 yards after contact like Whaley or Boyd).

They should have opened the short passing game a little bit. Thinking they could run out 30 minutes of clock against an offense like that was just plain stupid.

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2018, 10:23:48 pm »

"Tissue" Ramirez

Ramirez is trying to strip the ball on every play. You can see him holding the guy up and digging. Problem is, he ain't getting the ball out and he's carrying the guy another 5 yards.

flagstaffhog

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2018, 10:23:50 pm »

This loss is on coaching. You mean to tell me Ole Miss is biting on the run every time and we don't run any playaction?

I feel the same way....

LumberBacks

• Senior
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2018, 10:24:12 pm »

Defense was horrible, offense did enough to win the game and had a 9 pt lead late in the 4th.
Offense did not do enough. Too many field goals.  Too many punts against a team that can score almost at will. 

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2018, 10:25:10 pm »

They threw the game away before Ty got hurt.

They should have known that Hayden would not be reliable yardage (because he has *always* been boom or bust--he's too small to gut out 4-5 yards after contact like Whaley or Boyd).

They should have opened the short passing game a little bit. Thinking they could run out 30 minutes of clock against an offense like that was just plain stupid.

I think this comes down to Kelley not knowing the offense as well and his tendency to throw picks as being the reason we didn't do more. But yes, Hayden danced too much in the backfield. If he just hit the hole I think he would have done much better.

OkieBack

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2018, 10:25:30 pm »

Are you crazy?  Against that Ole Miss offense you better make sure you OWN offense gets in the freaking end zone!  Scoring nothing but field goals the 2nd half...entirely unacceptable.  Completely conservative mindset to open the 2nd half.  Play calling looked scared.  This team doesn't know how to win and hold onto a win.  Offense was just awful 2nd half, especially against a defense ranked 122 or whatever they are. 

LumberBacks

• Senior
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2018, 10:25:49 pm »

Ramirez is trying to strip the ball on every play. You can see him holding the guy up and digging. Problem is, he ain't getting the ball out and he's carrying the guy another 5 yards.
His career should end on the bench starting next week.  Ask the young safties "who wants to play and is willing to tackle" and give them the start.

HoGs1031

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2018, 10:26:31 pm »

He isn't trying to strip the ball he is trying not to hit anyone. He is shying away from any contact he can. GOOD OLE MATADOR DEFENSE....

Hogmatic

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2018, 10:26:46 pm »

We lost by 1 to a team after losing our starting Stud RB, next stud RB, QB twice and then playing Kelley at QB that showed why he isn't the answer.  We had been successful in getting up and staying up by 2 scores most of the game.   We lost while being competitive and that is all I wanted to see if we lost.  Our Offense showed it is not a fluke.  Our defense played against the 2nd best offense in the conference and we got torched by their big physical WRs and the QB scrambles.   Our defense has been burned 2 weeks in a row by VERY good offenses.

31to6

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2018, 10:27:02 pm »

I think this comes down to Kelley not knowing the offense as well and his tendency to throw picks as being the reason we didn't do more. But yes, Hayden danced too much in the backfield. If he just hit the hole I think he would have done much better.
I'm talking about when Ty was still in the game.

Overly conservative and predictable playcalling stalled multiple redzone drives.

Farmer Hogget

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2018, 10:27:36 pm »

News flash, this wasn't an excuse last year so it's not this year, either.  We have a head coach with a losing record.  This is what "Razorbacks fans" wanted.

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2018, 10:27:57 pm »

He isn't trying to strip the ball he is trying not to hit anyone. He is shying away from any contact he can. GOOD OLE MATADOR DEFENSE....

I disagree - he's going for the ball. You can see it everytime. It's still bad defense either way. Just wrap up and put the guy on the turf.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Trust in the Lord with all your heart
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2018, 10:28:13 pm »

I guess getting the other team to punt more than once a half is too much to ask

Hawgphish

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2018, 10:28:59 pm »

what is happening in the film room?  Seriously!  How can it be so evident and yet no change. 

LumberBacks

• Senior
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2018, 10:29:23 pm »

We lost by 1 to a team after losing our starting Stud RB, next stud RB, QB twice and then playing Kelley at QB that showed why he isn't the answer.  We had been successful in getting up and staying up by 2 scores most of the game.   We lost while being competitive and that is all I wanted to see if we lost.  Our Offense showed it is not a fluke.  Our defense played against the 2nd best offense in the conference and we got torched by their big physical WRs and the QB scrambles.   Our defense has been burned 2 weeks in a row by VERY good offenses.
We have three 4-star RBs.  Hayden looked lost on handoffs.  The real problem is that we only have 1-1/2 QBs in our starter and backup.

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2018, 10:29:51 pm »

News flash, this wasn't an excuse last year so it's not this year, either.  We have a head coach with a losing record.  This is what "Razorbacks fans" wanted.

Last year we had an overweight alcoholic man in a mumu windbreaker on the sideline that put us into a position where we had no depth on the offensive line and no real QB or discipline to speak of. I'm not thrilled with Chad's start here but to compare the two situations like they are the same makes me think you need to check for a gas leak on the farm.

31to6

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2018, 10:31:26 pm »

what is happening in the film room?  Seriously!  How can it be so evident and yet no change. 
He runs at the guy with the ball like a 3 year old pretending to be a jet airplane. It's the worst tackling form I've seen in a long time from someone who is a Sr team captain.

I'm fine with him ball-hunting if he is the 2nd or 3rd guy to the ball. But he goes for the kill every play instead of wrapping up and hanging on until help when he is the last guy until the goal line.

Jimbob111

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2018, 10:32:10 pm »

News flash:  When you call stupid plays at the worst possible time for the personnel package on the field, losing starters is only part of the problem.

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2018, 10:32:16 pm »

He runs at the guy with the ball like a 3 year old pretending to be a jet airplane. It's the worst tackling form I've seen in a long time from someone who is a Sr team captain.

I'm fine with him ball-hunting if he is the 2nd or 3rd guy to the ball. But he goes for the kill every play instead of wrapping up and hanging on until help when he is the last guy until the goal line.

This. He held up Phillips on that last TD instead of sticking him into the ground. That is bad defense.

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2018, 10:32:49 pm »

News flash:  When you call stupid plays at the worst possible time for the personnel package on the field, losing starters is only part of the problem.

We would have won the game with Storey and Boyd in the game. Period.

SemperFi

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Thriving in Football Hell
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2018, 10:36:14 pm »

Disagree. He doesn’t have the defensive players to put an SEC defense out on the field. I originally blamed this coaching staff for what I saw, but it’s evident that this team lacks talent. Don’t get me wrong, we have SEC level talent, but when you need 11 players to put on the field and you really only have maybe 3 or 4 that should be starting you have a huge problem. Some of these guys wouldn’t even make it past the scout team on other teams. I honestly feel sorry for this coaching staff now thanks to Bielema’s piss poor recruiting.

pigbacon

• Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2018, 10:48:56 pm »

I think the guy is carrying him another 5 yards...that is if he is still holding on. Any other time...he’s eating dust.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2018, 10:51:04 pm »

Play foucha. Santos is not helping you this year, and he is a senior.
Build for a the future.

Jimbob111

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2018, 10:52:57 pm »

Yes. Ole Miss did. Matt Luke is a heck of a coach. No wonder he was at the top of the list for the best head coaching jobs...oh, wait, no he wasn't because he sucks. But he outcoached Chad so...

hogsanity

• Gold Hogvillian
  • You like my stripes, I know you do.
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2018, 10:53:21 pm »

As with most coaches he is only is good as his players. Our back 7 is slow and lacking in football iq.

GA reddiehog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2018, 10:54:02 pm »

My same feeling!!!

Darren DeLoach (semohawg)

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2018, 10:55:35 pm »

Durr...they are better than we are. Is that too hard to understand.

hogmolar

• Senior
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2018, 10:56:12 pm »

New flash Arkansas has changed the name of safety to jockey and will play remaining games in Hot Springs allowing fans to bet on which WR or TE will be ridden into the endzone first.

russdog11

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2018, 10:59:12 pm »

Jimbob you seem to have all the answers, you need to apply when Chad leaves. I'm sure that will solve all the coaching errors that you seem to find.

mizzouman

• Hogville.net
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2018, 10:59:19 pm »

Again, injuries are part of it. No excuses.

Hogmatic

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2018, 11:05:36 pm »

Some of you need to chill.  A 1-5 team with a new QB that is starting this year for the first time is not going to survive if we lost said QB and our stud RB that has been the run threat that opened up the offense. We then lost the next best RB soon after.   We lost by 4 points to a team after losing our starting Stud RB, next stud RB, and our starting QB twice.   Play calling will not be the same if you lose those guys.   We also played the 2nd best Offense in the Conference with the best WRs in the nation.

TomasPistola

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2018, 11:06:26 pm »

Some of you need to chill.  A 1-5 team with a new QB that is starting this year for the first time is not going to survive if we lost said QB and our stud RB that has been the run threat that opened up the offense. We then lost the next best RB soon after.   We lost by 4 points to a team after losing our starting Stud RB, next stud RB, and our starting QB twice.   Play calling will not be the same if you lose those guys.   We also played the 2nd best Offense in the Conference with the best WRs in the nation.

Are you posting this in every thread now?

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2018, 11:07:09 pm »

Unfortunately the defense was not playing with 3rd stringers.

They lost the game.

goodguytex

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2018, 11:08:04 pm »

Ole Miss didn't win because of their defense. They won because they have a better QB and better receivers than we do. Our defense had plenty of issues, but if we have a decent QB, receivers, and a center that doesn't high snap the ball constantly, we win.

Madface Magician

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2018, 11:24:52 pm »

Santos is NOT all that and a bag of chips ......bench him....

imtad16

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2018, 11:27:49 pm »

We would have won the game with Storey and Boyd in the game. Period.

Yeah I agree. So frustrating. We looked so good in the first half.

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2018, 11:31:28 pm »

This one is firmly on CCM tonight because he started the 2nd half playing not to lose this game.  He had only lost Boyd at that point, we were still ok

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2018, 11:34:32 pm »

So true, so many long gains tonight because of our players not wrapping up.  Also, we get faked out so many dang times by running QB'S, hold your lanes.

Jimbob111

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2018, 11:39:33 pm »

Jimbob you seem to have all the answers, you need to apply when Chad leaves. I'm sure that will solve all the coaching errors that you seem to find.

I'm not a coach so I wouldn't apply for the job. But I can count.  Wins and losses. It's simple math. Put them in two columns and decide which column is bigger.  I don't have all the answers, I just accept that Chad is not the answer.  I don't know what was ever in his resume that led to his hiring. Experience? Nope. Accomplishments as a head coach? Nope. But Bielema had both of those so maybe that WAS a selling point with Chad, that he was the UN-Bielema.

I didn't like the hire and still don't.  I just don't think he's a college head coach.  And it's frustrating to watch. Maybe you guys are right and he can recruit himself out of this. But so far, I haven't seen anything from a coaching standpoint that says he can coach himself out of it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas