• 9,925,023 Posts
• 399,207 Topics
• 22,882 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CBS Sports: Buy your stock Nebraska, Arkansas,...  (Read 3736 times)

jcbville

CBS Sports: Buy your stock Nebraska, Arkansas,...
« on: October 11, 2018, 02:43:10 am »

“In a year where first-year coaches are struggling all over the country, the bar has dipped the lowest at Nebraska, Arkansas and UCLA, three proud programs without an FBS win among them. That's going to change soon.”

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/cover-3-buy-your-stock-in-nebraska-arkansas-and-ucla-before-they-start-to-heat-up/amp/

Nosboar Accubond

• All-American Hogvillian
  • High-tech Redneck
Re: CBS Sports: Buy your stock Nebraska, Arkansas,...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 05:07:12 am »

Good read

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hog N Bama

• BELIEVE
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 06:59:44 am »

Good article. Surprised nothing was said about how recruiting is going under Morris or did I miss it?

Drop the Mike

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 08:12:02 am »

Good article. Surprised nothing was said about how recruiting is going under Morris or did I miss it?

No it didn’t mention it. And by the way check out UCLAs recruiting so far. For a coach who has admitted to disliking recruiting it sure seems like he was telling the truth.

Hogmatic

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 09:17:17 am »

The independent analysis saying that we are on the verge of coming back and the inclusion with Nebraska and UCLA is only going to help recruiting.

Vantage 8 dude

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 09:46:35 am »

The old adage of "Buy low, sell high" seems to be (hopefully) at work here.  :) ;)

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 10:00:43 am »

A recruiting take away from the article was a program similar to ours in Iowa:

"A pair of two true freshman cornerback starters combined for three interceptions and their background is a microcosm of Iowa's impressive recruiting process."

Granted their athletes have to largely compete against upper Midwest opponents. 

I like the articles optimism.  Looking forward though, I still think more than 2 wins will be a very good accomplishment. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 10:21:27 am »

I think we will be fine.  I think Nebraska will be fine.  I'm not sure if Chip Kelly will succeed at UCLA.  They should have made a bold move and hired Lane.  Would have been off the charts pub and his recruiting would blow away anything Chip Kelly will do. 

OkieBack

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 10:47:19 am »

Good article.  With Arkansas at #19 in recruiting on 247 Sports...it is happening and the media is picking up on it.  The fans, players, and recruits are all excited again about this team.  If you look at any team rebuild (yes, I know coaches and fans hate the word "rebuild") they have all had that North Texas game.  The team under-performs, there is dissent, the coaches pretty much give the fire and brimstone speech, and that is when the players that remain buy in and start improving.  We are getting there.  Just need a good win.

I'm proud of these players taking the field right now and I think they know what lies ahead.   They are building a foundation.  It would be nice to get a few feathers in their cap by end of season and I know they will come.  That's why we can't just look at W's and L's this season.  Too much going on and we don't have all the tools yet.  But help is definitely on the way...

Hog Fan...DOH!

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 11:47:24 am »

A recruiting take away from the article was a program similar to ours in Iowa:

"A pair of two true freshman cornerback starters combined for three interceptions and their background is a microcosm of Iowa's impressive recruiting process."

Granted their athletes have to largely compete against upper Midwest opponents. 

I like the articles optimism.  Looking forward though, I still think more than 2 wins will be a very good accomplishment. 

Year in, year out, nobody has a worse schedule than Iowa.  But--- credit to Kirk Ferentz for keeping that program very, very respectable.  Nobody wants to play them in a Bowl.

STLhawg

• Senior
Buy your stock in AR before they start to heat up
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 01:11:04 pm »

This positive article should help with people's perception of the Arkansas football program -- which should only help with our recruiting.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:27:39 pm by STLhawg »

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 07:19:33 pm »

Good News for the Hogs!

Cave City Joe

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 07:31:23 pm »

I'm ready for a few wins this year

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2018, 05:10:10 am »

Like Arkansas, the arrow also appears to be pointing up. The triggerman for Chip Kelly's offense is a true freshman -- albeit a talented one -- who was not an early enrollee and supposed to be learning from the sidelines. KJ Carta-Samuels transferred in from Washington and was expected to win the job, but backed out instead to go sling it around at Colorado State where he has put up huge numbers.

damn, how did we lose to that??

PP
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas