• 9,972,928 Posts
• 400,354 Topics
• 22,942 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ESPN 5* Moses Moody headlines 5-to-6 visitor wknd, incl 3 in Nat'l Top 100 ...  (Read 2928 times)

Kevin McPherson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

Moses Moody was the first player from a deep and talented in-state Class of 2020 to pick up an Arkansas scholarship offer, and Moody has decided to make Arkansas his first official-visit destination as he plans to travel to Fayetteville for UA's homecoming weekend of Oct. 19-21.

Moody, who was offered by the Hogs during an unofficial visit to Fayetteville in August 2017, plans to attend the Red-White basketball game on Friday, Oct. 19, to tip off a busy visit weekend that will include at least five -- a number that is likely to grow -- Arkansas recruiting targets from the '20 and '21 classes. Arkansas could host as many as three national Top 100 prospects from the 2020 class that weekend.

"I'm glad to make Arkansas my first official visit," said Moody, a 6-5 shooting guard from Little Rock who is rated the No. 20 prospect in the nation -- a 5-star recruit -- according to ESPN. "I'm looking forward to getting to know the program and coaches, and experiencing the Razorback atmosphere."

Lots of quotes, info, and analysis on 12 Hog targets in the 2020 and 2021 classes linked:

https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/espn-5-star-moses-moody-headlines-a-big-homecoming-weekend-of-visitors-for-hogs/1514768357

nwahogfan1

Thanks Kevin.  Great read.

How confident are you in Mike and his assistants of our recruiting very highly recruited Big men outside the state of Arkansas in this class or any class?????   

With Gafford going pro We need a Center signature in this class.  Looking in your Crystal Ball who do you see us signing in the early signing period?

I love the guards and wings inside our state for 2020 and 2021 plus Williams and Moore but I am always worried about big men recruiting.  I love guards especially long athletic ones who can play the 2 and the 3 but if we want to go deep into the NCAAT we need more size.  Please give me confidence Anderson and Staff have zeroed in on several and we are LEADING the pack.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HawgnCorona

I think the questions you are asking he has answered, already...in the recruiting forum.

Kevin McPherson

Thanks Kevin.  Great read.

How confident are you in Mike and his assistants of our recruiting very highly recruited Big men outside the state of Arkansas in this class or any class????I think Moses Kingsley (Nat'l Top 50ish, 4*) and Reggie Chaney (Nat'l Top 150ish, ESPN 4*) were strong signings. If we're talking recruiting bigs outside the state of Arkansas in 6 complete recruiting cycles, that resume doesn't inspire. Portis and Gafford were not out of state, but having those 2 obviously minimized out-of-state misses on bigs. It's hard to argue that CMA and staff have not done a good job of putting quality big men on the court when Portis, Kingsley, and now Gafford have been among the best in the SEC, and the country for that matter, going on 6 years running. Now, the real problem IMO has been NOT putting more quality frontline players (4s) around them as complementary pieces. I think FINALLY Chaney can play that role next to Gafford this year, the hope being that he comes around early in the season and not late. Coty Clarke was not a "big", but he was a nice 3/4-combo who CMA has not been able to match or upgrade since (Alandise Harris, Jacorey Williams, Keaton Miles, Dustin Thomas, Arlando Cook, et all, have come up short in comparison, IMO).

With Gafford going pro We need a Center signature in this class.  Looking in your Crystal Ball who do you see us signing in the early signing period? I don't see Arkansas signing a c/o '19 big in the early period (a month away), unless something happens/changes really fast with a couple of players. If Arkansas somehow gets a big on campus for an OV in the next several weeks, then it's possible, but I just don't see that happening. Arkansas coaches swung and missed on several Top 100 bigs in 2019, and coupled with a scholarship-numbers problem as it is, it makes sense to me that they pump the brakes and wait till the spring. They are looking at several 4/5 types in Tim Ceaser, Jalyn McCreary, Demontay Dixon, and Reyhan Cobb who are all going to be spring signees, plus there is another big who if things work out will sign in the spring and fans would consider a very nice get. If there is only one spot to give, though, and if the Hogs can land Javon Franklin, I think they should go for it and start thinking about the 2020 class at that point.

I love the guards and wings inside our state for 2020 and 2021 plus Williams and Moore but I am always worried about big men recruiting.  I love guards especially long athletic ones who can play the 2 and the 3 but if we want to go deep into the NCAAT we need more size.  Please give me confidence Anderson and Staff have zeroed in on several and we are LEADING the pack. Trust me, if Arkansas can get CMoore and JWilliams plus a couple of the highly regarded guards, 2020 is a homerun class.

My answers are in bold next to each of your questions.

wavybone

• Bench Warmer

Kevin, I know you can’t post specifics but excited to hear about this big man we’re on for the spring. Hope that works out.

Kevin McPherson

* BREAKING: '20 Arkansas offer Bryce Thompson @B3thompson__ (6-4 SG, Tulsa Booker T. Washington, ESPN Nat'l No. 45 / 4*) will be on an official visit this wknd at Arkansas (was previously planned as unofficial visit) ... that's 3 Top 100 guards from c/o '20 on OVs to UA this wknd!

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1052331452120088578

hawgball40

• #wps4life

Sweet. My brother and I are going to the game. will post my thoughts here. Should be a fun one, as always. Go hogs

Kevin McPherson

* Highly regarded '22 Nick Smith, Jr. @ntsmith1402 (6-2 / 6-3 CG, Sylvan Hills, Joe Johnson Hawks) will be in Fayetteville this weekend for "the Red-White game tonight and the (UA-Tulsa) football game tomorrow as well," according to his father, Nick Smith, Sr.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1053350345756291074

nwahogfan1

My answers are in bold next to each of your questions.

Thanks Kevin. I appreciate all your hard work.

When I talking quality bigs I was referring to both 4s and 5s.  I agree with your assessments of the 5s but Mike got really lucky with our Arkansas schools and AAU program turning out Portis, Moses and Gafford.    They were really good and would have been better if he had recruited quality 4s around them instead of 6'6 guys who were less than impressive. 

I think in 6 years Mike should have recruited more long athletic 3s and 4s to Arkansas even if they were not great scorers just to help bang inside.  With his style I thought that was the 2 positions he should have excelled.

I know Mike is not going anywhere but I am underwhelmed with his recruiting up to date.  I am a little bit optimistic with this class hoping will be his most complete recruiting class having some pretty good talent at all 5 spots.    We will see how it the team works out.

MemphisBossHog

I guess my main question is does Cal want Moody.   Cal has lost DJ Jefferies to Penny Hardaway and MEM. (DJ actually decommited from Cal and committed to Tiger High). Word is that James Wiseman- top HS player in country some day is going to spurn Cal and go to MEM.  Cal doesn’t miss out on many that he really wants so I hope he is already loaded at Moody’s position and doesn’t come snap him up. After losing those 2 players, I wouldn’t count on him losing anymore. 

I really hope Mike can bring this one to The Hill.

**Just read the thread that talks about Moody’s visit to Ark and it sounded lukewarm at best.  Didn’t say anything bad, nothing really great.  I didn’t realize Moody is in FLA for his senior season.  Don’t think Mike will be able to pull this off.  He couldnt get Archie or Malik.  This level of recruit is just out of Mike’s league.  Mike is not going to beat out coaches like Cal or Self or Coach K or even say Rick Barnes at Tenn or the coach at LSU, who must be the greatest recruiter of them all with 2 5star recruits coming to Baton Rouge this year.  Mike needs a bunch of 4 stars and hope to catch lightening in a bottle.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 05:17:18 pm by MemphisBossHog »

FineAsSwine

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville think tank

I guess my main question is does Cal want Moody.   Cal has lost DJ Jefferies to Penny Hardaway and MEM. (DJ actually decommited from Cal and committed to Tiger High). Word is that James Wiseman- top HS player in country some day is going to spurn Cal and go to MEM.  Cal doesn’t miss out on many that he really wants so I hope he is already loaded at Moody’s position and doesn’t come snap him up. After losing those 2 players, I wouldn’t count on him losing anymore. 

Does Moody want Cal is the better question.

HawgnCorona

Good! Anybody that say no to slime is ok with me...

MemphisBossHog

Good! Anybody that say no to slime is ok with me...
hey, I agree.  Let me tell you this.  Penny Hardaway is most likely going to be a problem for Ark.  The kids love him.  Hardly any really good talent is going to leave MEM like they did back when Nolan was coaching.  Look for Penny to drive just 2 hours over to LR and try to get talent that Ark expects to get.  MEM, unfortunately is on the rise and will be getting better and better as Penny rakes in the talent. 

FineAsSwine

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville think tank

**Just read the thread that talks about Moody’s visit to Ark and it sounded lukewarm at best.  Didn’t say anything bad, nothing really great.  I didn’t realize Moody is in FLA for his senior season.  Don’t think Mike will be able to pull this off.  He couldnt get Archie or Malik.  This level of recruit is just out of Mike’s league.  Mike is not going to beat out coaches like Cal or Self or Coach K or even say Rick Barnes at Tenn or the coach at LSU, who must be the greatest recruiter of them all with 2 5star recruits coming to Baton Rouge this year.  Mike needs a bunch of 4 stars and hope to catch lightening in a bottle.

I'm cool with Hardaway from back in the day when he almost came here to play ball but decided to try win a championship for his home city. He could have won a national championship with Todd Day and the Hogs but much respect to his love for Memphis even though I still don't like their team. Maybe Moody doesn't want to be Cal's second or third option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas