• 10,011,342 Posts
• 401,335 Topics
• 22,970 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Any Updates On Stacey Wilkins?  (Read 16689 times)

sbetts01

Any Updates On Stacey Wilkins?
« on: October 10, 2018, 10:26:42 am »

Is Stacey still planning to officially visit for the LSU game? I know that was the plan originally but he sure seems all OU these days.

010HogFan

• All-American Hogvillian
  • I Got Dat Wood Coach
Re: Any Updates On Stacey Wilkins?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 10:35:58 am »

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HogsOfAnarchy

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 10:47:58 am »

Yea the update is that he is having woman problems and blasts it on twitter and he loves OU. Is coming to Arkansas Because itís free. Lol. I really donít know

Piggyback78

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 11:10:01 am »

Woman problems? Hahahaha

1highhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 12:30:19 pm »

Yea the update is that he is having woman problems and blasts it on twitter and he loves OU. Is coming to Arkansas Because itís free. Lol. I really donít know

All guys are having women problems unless they are gay, then the only problem they're having is they get pestered by their lady friends to go shopping with them.

AugustaHog

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 03:15:53 pm »

Heís a talented kid.  He seems like heís going to OU.  I get our staff pursuing this to the end.  Iím not sweating it thoug.

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 03:32:47 pm »

Yeah I just don't see this happening for the Hogs.

HogsOfAnarchy

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 03:47:52 pm »

I feel like he just wanted to get away and Oklahoma is having much more success than Arkansas and it intrigues him. I just wish we knew more on Darius Thomas reasoning on not considering the hogs.

Vantage 8 dude

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 03:50:35 pm »

While I would certainly hate to see the young man leave the state to play ball, in the end the staff can only give it their very best shot. It appears they've done/continue doing that. In the end, however, the young man will make his decision based on whatever factor(s) he finds most appealing. Apparently he's besotted with OU and has made up his mind that's where he's going. We can only hope that even at this relatively late date he will see the light.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Hogvillian
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 03:54:35 pm »

Is Stacey still planning to officially visit for the LSU game? I know that was the plan originally but he sure seems all OU these days.

It was in my story Tuesday about important dates for recruiting on here that I wrote he is visiting for LSU game.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 03:56:36 pm »

I feel like he just wanted to get away and Oklahoma is having much more success than Arkansas and it intrigues him. I just wish we knew more on Darius Thomas reasoning on not considering the hogs.

As far as Thomas, there was a few kids who was offered by the previous staff this staff didn't pursue. This Arkansas staffm reportedly had some concerns about Thomas' aggressiveness.

RazorPiggie

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 04:20:32 pm »

Wilkins needs lots of work from what I just watched on his recent post on Hudl. Held on almost every highlight.

ricepig

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 04:21:44 pm »

Wilkins needs lots of work from what I just watched on his recent post on Hudl. Held on almost every highlight.
I'm calling it then, flipping to Bama!

grayhawg

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 04:26:45 pm »

;D

presidenthog

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2018, 04:43:28 pm »

If it wasnt so terribly true, and recent, i would laugh.

presidenthog

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 04:51:28 pm »

Just watched it as well. Plays really high in his stance. You were not joking though. Fist full of jersey on every play. Most plays he would just grab the guy and roll onto the ground with him. The defender would throw his hand up looking for the flag everytime. Some he would just throw the dude on the ground behind him, and all you can see is stretched jersey all the way to the ground. Never seen one flag thrown. He had a block in the back on one play as well. Not sure why he would make a high light of him just running down the field not doing anything, or a highlight film of him commiting penalties. With that decision making its no wonder he is choosing OU.

Dtechman

• Varsity
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 07:19:19 pm »

Iím not into bashing players or recruits but I have watched this kid for two years and Iím not impressed. I watched both of the Andrews brothers all four years they were in Camden and both were on a different level than Wilkins. It was clear Shawn could have started for the razorbacks as a junior or senior in high school. All I will say so I donít sound negative or like a recruit basher is coaches must see potential for developing Wilkins. Imho he is a project at best that will need rs year at least and probably 2 years before he has a chance to contribute at this level in d1.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 07:29:32 pm »

Another combine hype warrior

RebHog

• Varsity
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 07:34:28 pm »

So now he sucks if he committed here he would be touted as the next Jason Peters lol   :-\

presidenthog

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 07:45:00 pm »

So now he sucks if he committed here he would be touted as the next Jason Peters lol   :-\

I would consider him a guy with the right measurables to become a very good player, but needs coaching/development to get there.

Dtechman

• Varsity
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 07:53:06 pm »

I would consider him a guy with the right measurables to become a very good player, but needs coaching/development to get there.

This is exactly what I was trying to say in a nutshell.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Hogvillian
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 08:25:22 pm »

;D ;D ;D Not sure he chokes them enough to play for bama haha.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 08:27:07 pm »

He doesn;'t suck at all. But  he isn't close to a Shawn Andrews or Jason Peters. If he flips to Arkansas I will come back and say the same thing. He doesn't suck, he is good player, but he is nowhere near where Shawn was coming out of high school. Not close.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 08:33:14 pm »

But let me add very few offensive linemen are where Shawn was coming out of high school haha. That guy was on another level. He was to OLM what Darren was to RBs. They don't come along very often. if Stacey will work hard his best football should be ahead of him. Didn't want it to sound like I was dogging him cos I said he isn't close to Shawn . Few others around the nation are.

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 08:45:27 pm »

It was in my story Tuesday about important dates for recruiting on here that I wrote he is visiting for LSU game.
Otis is correct he is visiting for LSU

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 08:49:46 pm »

He is a good guy from a great family but the truth is most H/s players need a year or two to get ready

dbankster

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 08:56:40 pm »

I remember Shawn in high school, he was 330lbs playing tightend.. he was a beast!

Amityvillehogger

• Veni, vidi, vici...
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 08:59:39 pm »

Iím not into bashing players or recruits but I have watched this kid for two years and Iím not impressed. I watched both of the Andrews brothers all four years they were in Camden and both were on a different level than Wilkins. It was clear Shawn could have started for the razorbacks as a junior or senior in high school. All I will say so I donít sound negative or like a recruit basher is coaches must see potential for developing Wilkins. Imho he is a project at best that will need rs year at least and probably 2 years before he has a chance to contribute at this level in d1.

Donít worry. Many people that have watched him live have said the same thing. They havenít come away impressed. Even before he committed. He has the size and some ability to develop into a quality lineman. But it wonít be right away. It will take a lot of time and coaching.

This take has nothing to do with him being an OU commit.

Itís just an honest observation.

The Hawg Marshal

• " National Champs 1909,1964 and 1977. "
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 10:29:48 pm »

I'm no talent scout ,but almost every major program in the country offered him. He's probably pretty good. Wish he wanted to stay in state , but I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Roastin da bomb in Fayettenam.
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 11:33:44 pm »

perfect example- JP. He didnt even play lineman until the NFL. He was a DE and a TE here, dude.

Tortfeasor

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2018, 12:36:42 am »

Naw, weíll be full at the TE position come noon Thursday.

hawgwash

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2018, 05:19:22 am »

perfect example- JP. He didnt even play lineman until the NFL. He was a DE and a TE here, dude.
Peters didn't play TE here.  He played WT.  (Wide Tackle).

havok

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 08:37:41 am »

I remember Shawn in high school, he was 330lbs playing tightend.. he was a beast!

I remember the days leading up to Signing day when Phil Fulmer did his in home, and it was reported that after about 10 mins of the great Tennessee salesman's pitch, Shawn stood up, stuck out his hand to shake, thanked him for his visit, and said.. "I'm going to Arkansas". 

We need that kind of In State attitude again..

gmarv

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 09:42:33 am »

;D ;D ;D Not sure he chokes them enough to play for bama haha.
I'm sure Bamas oline coach could coach him up in pretty short order.

kingofdequeen

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 09:58:10 am »

i lived in Walton Hall same time as Shawn and Peters. 

Shawn filled up his buick roadmaster like no other. 

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 10:08:56 am »

;D . funny, except he did. He was a DE, then a TE. Wide End is more correctly described though for sure.
Peters didn't play TE here.  He played WT.  (Wide Tackle).

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2018, 10:14:35 am »

after watching some of his film... not impressive for the offers he has..imo... I think a lot of people are after him because of his potential not because of what he will do year 1 or 2 in school. Either way I hope he eventually stays home.

Pig in the Pokey

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2018, 10:21:37 am »

Kinda crazy, huh? He is THE highest rated Arkkansas recruit. Makes no sense to me how he'd be rated higher than Hudson or Treylon, but, hey, that's that OU-bump I guess. Wilkins is #56 per Rivals100 (Knox is 53, Henry is 98, and Burks is outside the top 100 ).  My takeaway- treylon is VASTLY under rated.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:11:02 pm by Pig in the Pokey »

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 10:32:08 am »

Kinda crazy, huh? He is THE highest rated Arkkansas recruit. Makes no sense to me how he'd be rated higher than Hudson or Treylon, but, hey, that's that OU-bump I guess. Wilkins is #56 per Rivals100 (Knox is 53, Henry is 98, and Burks is outside the top 10 ).  My takeaway- treylon is VASTLY under rated.
people will soon learn... Morris will be able to do so many things with the kid..

YellCountyHog21

• Band Nerd
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 10:53:15 am »

To echo previous statements, I wasn't blown away by Wilkins's film either. Quickness and foot speed seem slow to me.  Give him a couple years and he has the ideal size to develop into a pretty decent tackle but he wouldn't come in and save our OL next year even if he did come here

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2018, 11:00:11 am »

To echo previous statements, I wasn't blown away by Wilkins's film either. Quickness and foot speed seem slow to me.  Give him a couple years and he has the ideal size to develop into a pretty decent tackle but he wouldn't come in and save our OL next year even if he did come here
bingo

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2018, 11:02:20 am »

Kinda crazy, huh? He is THE highest rated Arkkansas recruit. Makes no sense to me how he'd be rated higher than Hudson or Treylon, but, hey, that's that OU-bump I guess. Wilkins is #56 per Rivals100 (Knox is 53, Henry is 98, and Burks is outside the top 10 ).  My takeaway- treylon is VASTLY under rated.

That's just STUPID! Saw something today about how Walker dropped pretty majorly on ESPN after he committed here. Wonder if that would have happened if he would have committed to another program... Ridiculous

Hog Fan...DOH!

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2018, 11:50:19 am »

after watching some of his film... not impressive for the offers he has..imo... I think a lot of people are after him because of his potential not because of what he will do year 1 or 2 in school. Either way I hope he eventually stays home.

That should be the case for every OL, right?

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2018, 11:53:38 am »

That should be the case for every OL, right?
yes.. but we have lesser rated lineman that look better on film...

bigred223

• Hogvillian
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2018, 11:57:02 am »

The fact that Burks isn't top 100 is one of the biggest jokes ever.

Hogtimes

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2018, 12:03:50 pm »

[quote authonearly=RebHog link=topic=669909.msg11739693#msg11739693 date=1539218068]
[/quote]

Yeah if he flips, he will suddenly be a monster and a beast, great get and sure fire etc. .... that hogville says about  nearly  every recruit we get

JaketheSnake

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2018, 12:20:32 pm »

Yeah if he flips, he will suddenly be a monster and a beast, great get and sure fire etc. .... that hogville says about  nearly  every recruit we get
Right, because everyone thinks OL will always come into the SEC ready to dominate as true frosh.

RazorHog30

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2018, 12:37:58 pm »

I have friends that coach for Camden, and I asked about him.  They said he was way over rated. Very lazy.

PintailKiller

« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2018, 12:46:20 pm »

This is true.  Concerns about whether he'll stick at tackle or move to guard due to footwork.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2018, 12:49:54 pm »

The fact that Burks isn't top 100 is one of the biggest jokes ever.

Most of these ratings services reward the kids who pay to attend their camps. I heard a guy from one of the sites on a national broadcast last night talking about how the camps are where they determine much of their data. They can't see everybody. Guys are under the radar, end up being high on the NFL Draft list in their late college years. It was interesting. But the biggest takeaway for me was that, if you don't go to their camps (and give them camp money), it will hurt your high school rating.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas