• 9,923,124 Posts
• 399,163 Topics
• 22,879 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Bumper Pool...  (Read 4147 times)

Razor_back

Is Bumper Pool...
« on: October 09, 2018, 11:15:04 am »

Is he playing? Is he hurt or just not getting much playing time? I haven’t heard much from him recently.

sickboy

Re: Is Bumper Pool...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 11:17:12 am »

Did he pass four games? Because I'd love to redshirt him and get an extra year out of him. He's going to be a good one.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HawgnCorona

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 11:19:54 am »

Redshirt?

Hogbit

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 11:25:37 am »

Did he pass four games? Because I'd love to redshirt him and get an extra year out of him. He's going to be a good one.
Meh. He has nfl type ability. We need to play him now because he might not stay for 4.

ricepig

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 11:28:08 am »

Meh. He has nfl type ability. We need to play him now because he might not stay for 4.

Wow, tap the breaks, let him play a full year before declaring him for the draft. And he's played in every game, so he won't redshirt any way.

MTBrookHog

• Senior
  • Earl Campbell saying this is gonna hurt.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 11:30:26 am »

There is a guy playing ahead of him that's a little better than him. Dre!

arthurhawgerelli

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2018, 12:48:47 pm »

Pool and Morgan took over at LB for Greenlaw and Scoota in the 4th quarter.  Pool also is on several special teams, so the answer to the question is yes he is playing. 

Hogbit

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2018, 12:56:34 pm »

Wow, tap the breaks, let him play a full year before declaring him for the draft. And he's played in every game, so he won't redshirt any way.
I dont want him to go early, but that is a possibility. We have him at least 2 more though.

hogmolar

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2018, 01:08:35 pm »

I understand the fascination with redshirting, but man I sure hope that we can get players in here that we hope stay all 4 years instead of planning for 5.   

Hogbit

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2018, 01:11:00 pm »

I understand the fascination with redshirting, but man I sure hope that we can get players in here that we hope stay all 4 years instead of planning for 5.
I hope we have a steady procession of players come through here that are so good they leave after 3.

gawntrail

• Senior
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2018, 02:29:16 pm »

I hope we have a steady procession of players come through here that are so good they leave after 3.

^^^^THIS^^^^

hawganatic

• Senior
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2018, 02:37:16 pm »

Wouldn't they have to stay here for 4 years, if they are planning on 5?

ThisTeetsTaken

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2018, 06:05:10 pm »

I think they are redshirting him but he looks like a stud.

ricepig

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2018, 06:08:08 pm »

I think they are redshirting him but he looks like a stud.

Nope, he's played in every game so far.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2018, 06:43:50 pm »

Too late for mono?

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2018, 06:52:11 pm »

You sure? I haven't seen him the past few games.

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2018, 06:54:31 pm »

Why, because you think it means we won more games? A player leaving after three doesn't mean that. It may just mean that player did well, but not the team. Also, I'm still not confident Arkansas can be a program that could replace three year players like some other programs can.

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2018, 06:57:32 pm »

Arkansas needs to redshirt as many players as we can. It cracks me up how many of you people think we lose that many players after three years. At Arkansas, it hardly ever happens. Arkansas most usually gets players that will be here for four years and need that redshirt year for development to compete in the SEC at a high level.

ThisTeetsTaken

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2018, 07:13:03 pm »

I haven’t noticed him since CSU.

ricepig

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2018, 07:21:18 pm »

You sure? I haven't seen him the past few games.

Positive, he's on a couple of special teams and played some LB in the 4th qt, and the participation chart on the stat page shows him playing in every game.

31to6

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2018, 07:27:50 pm »

Pool and Morgan took over at LB for Greenlaw and Scoota in the 4th quarter.  Pool also is on several special teams, so the answer to the question is yes he is playing. 
Bumper Pool is too athletic to keep off the field.

Dre is too great of a LB to give too many snaps to a True FR.

In other words, it's working as designed: great potential backing up a seasoned starter.

Papawhawg

• Band Nerd
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2018, 09:27:39 pm »

Arkansas needs to redshirt as many players as we can. It cracks me up how many of you people think we lose that many players after three years. At Arkansas, it hardly ever happens. Arkansas most usually gets players that will be here for four years and need that redshirt year for development to compete in the SEC at a high level.
He never said that. He said he wishes we would get players that were good enough to leave after 3 years, which is exactly what we need.

hawganatic

• Senior
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 03:46:19 pm »

We need to play the players that are ready, and redshirt the players that aren't.  It's that easy.

There's no sense in redshirting "as many players as we can", if a particular player is ready to step on the field and produce.

twistitup

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 03:47:47 pm »

I haven’t noticed him since CSU.

He had a big hit on the qb in the N. Texas game I believe..

tophawg19

• Gold Hogvillian
  • She thinks my hawgs are sexy
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 09:10:57 pm »

Bumper needs more time learning Pass Defense . Otherwise he has done really well He was beat and out of position at times . Just a matter of time till he is a great one

Jimbob111

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2018, 01:06:34 am »

I disagree. If a player can contribute, he should play. I'd rather a player contribute than redshirt. Some positions require physical development, I understand that, but if a player has the physical tools then he should be on the field. That's being said, Pool is a little light and could benefit from some time in the weight room. But he can play now, as he has shown. So, no, Arkansas should not redshirt every player they can. They should only redshirt those who cannot contribute at their current ability.

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2018, 08:42:08 pm »

I disagree. If a player can contribute, he should play. I'd rather a player contribute than redshirt. Some positions require physical development, I understand that, but if a player has the physical tools then he should be on the field. That's being said, Pool is a little light and could benefit from some time in the weight room. But he can play now, as he has shown. So, no, Arkansas should not redshirt every player they can. They should only redshirt those who cannot contribute at their current ability.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. Obviously, if a player is physically and mentally ready, then play him, especially if he can help win games. I also said that if a player is not what was mentioned, he needs to redshirt. No sense in just throwing a player out there when he's not ready.

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2018, 08:44:39 pm »

He never said that. He said he wishes we would get players that were good enough to leave after 3 years, which is exactly what we need.

No, we don't need that. As I said, there's no guarantee that we can replace top talent like other top programs can. Arkansas needs top players to stay as long as we can keep them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas