• 10,058,684 Posts
• 402,657 Topics
• 23,009 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro Team  (Read 3014 times)

JS22

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Pro Team
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2018, 11:27:17 pm »

I have been a Cubs fan since I was about 6. If there was a game on WGN during the day, my sitter would sit all us rowdy boys in front of it to keep us quiet. Been a fan ever since and grew up with a Ryne Sandberg poster on my wall.

RaisinHog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2018, 10:12:46 pm »

Cardinals fan... Never remember not being one kinda a family tradition.. son came home from the hospital wearing the birds on the bat! Just hope we turn lose of some money this off season

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • I liked Big Mike but it was a lie
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2018, 09:54:01 am »

Braves for the sane reasons mentioned already. My love for braves baseball is just slightly below my love for the Hogs

ucahogfan

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2018, 12:41:45 pm »

Braves for the sane reasons mentioned already. My love for braves baseball is just slightly below my love for the Hogs
Will be interesting to see how we play this offseason.  The biggest needs are probably RF, ace, and C.  Could look at bringing Markakis back for two years while we groom Drew Waters to take over there in 2021 or sign someone like Michael Brantley.  We aren't going to bring in a big time FA because we don't bid in that league.

For C and ace, I would like to see us use some of our prospect depth for Realmuto and maybe someone like Kluber / Bauer.  Realmuto is probably attainable if we build a package around Touki while Pache might be a good centerpiece for a Kluber deal.

SPAL

• Administrator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • I liked Big Mike but it was a lie
« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2018, 01:39:44 pm »

Will be interesting to see how we play this offseason.  The biggest needs are probably RF, ace, and C.  Could look at bringing Markakis back for two years while we groom Drew Waters to take over there in 2021 or sign someone like Michael Brantley.  We aren't going to bring in a big time FA because we don't bid in that league.

For C and ace, I would like to see us use some of our prospect depth for Realmuto and maybe someone like Kluber / Bauer.  Realmuto is probably attainable if we build a package around Touki while Pache might be a good centerpiece for a Kluber deal.

I just don't see them moving touki. I shudder at all the talk about Bryce Harper. Realmuto is a real possibility. I don't see markakis back. I do think they will try to get CKim back.

ucahogfan

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2018, 04:46:31 pm »

I just don't see them moving touki. I shudder at all the talk about Bryce Harper. Realmuto is a real possibility. I don't see markakis back. I do think they will try to get CKim back.
It really depends on what all Anthopoulos wants to build on the 2018 team.  You build around Freeman, Folty, Acuna, and Albies.

For probably $50MM in payroll, you could get CKim, Corbin, and Pollock.  They also fill needs of the upcoming team.  Then, you could go get Realmuto with the prospect depth.  Doubt it will happen, but you never know.  Might also be smart to bring in Donaldson in on a one year deal and let Carmargo be a super utility in the mold of Zobrist.  It is a ton of extra payroll, but that has the makings of a potential 100 win team.

tennesseehogwild

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2018, 09:31:54 pm »

Go Giants! Since 1975!

HogFansReunited

• AKA HogFansReunited
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • USN AW2
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2018, 04:13:45 am »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK