• 10,013,337 Posts
• 401,375 Topics
• 22,973 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Jalen Harris video  (Read 4217 times)

hogger22

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Jalen Harris video
« on: October 04, 2018, 09:03:36 am »

I think this kid is gonna be fun to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBRqwsR4bA

hogger22

• Walk-On
Re: Jalen Harris video
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 09:05:16 am »

Here are some highlights against D1 teams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idJQptmryEg

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

swinesation

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2018, 03:55:43 pm »

We haven't had a point guard like that in a while. I can just see him feeding Gafford this season.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2018, 04:47:56 pm »

Best PG-C duo in the conference, if not Country. No exaggeration.

Dominicanhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 07:17:05 pm »

.. He looks like the real deal....

hogwood

• Hogvillian
  • Just Chillin' Like A Villain
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 10:33:03 pm »

Not as many fancy moves in the D1 highlights. Hopefully after a year of practice and he can get back to that.

If only Garland could get cleared... I'd be willing to bet that Harris, Garland, Jones, Chaney, and Gafford could be the most complete, dare I even say the best, lineup in the Anderson era.

All underclassmen too. We know Gafford will leave, but the potential on the roster right now is very exciting. Let's hope it comes to fruition.

ballinhog

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2018, 11:09:34 pm »

Yea this Garland deal sucks. Itís worse for him just because itís his life, this is not something a 18-20 year old should be worried about. Itís gotta be heartbreaking for him

It sucks for fans too because we know he can be a great player, and with the young talent we have, if you added him, the sky could be the limit for this team. Bad deal all the way around

Big Nasty 34

• All-American Hogvillian
  • John 3:16
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2018, 09:58:00 am »

Not as many fancy moves in the D1 highlights. Hopefully after a year of practice and he can get back to that.

If only Garland could get cleared... I'd be willing to bet that Harris, Garland, Jones, Chaney, and Gafford could be the most complete, dare I even say the best, lineup in the Anderson era.

All underclassmen too. We know Gafford will leave, but the potential on the roster right now is very exciting. Let's hope it comes to fruition.

Imagine if Reggie Perry hadnít went to M$U.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2018, 10:17:48 am »

Time for a humble brag.  My daughter had lunch with Reggie Chaney last week, and they talked a little bball.  They are really high on Jalen Harris.  Said he is really going to surprise some people.

Although he is a first year player for us.  I think his past experience/maturity and the fact he has been in the program a year will help leadership wise with the new guys.  I think you look at it as Gafford's team but with an experienced/talented floor General in Harris helping lead the young guys.  I've said it more than once that leadership was the key factor keeping last year's team from achieving more.  I don't think that's going to be a problem this year.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 10:18:34 am »

Would be downright nasty and sky high potential.

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2018, 10:46:20 am »

Best PG-C duo in the conference, if not Country. No exaggeration.
I have high hopes, but so far he averaged 4 points and 2 assists per game in the mountain west. Not sure how that makes him part of the best combo in the country (though Gafford holds up his end).

hogwood

• Hogvillian
  • Just Chillin' Like A Villain
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2018, 10:53:12 am »

That would have been unreal. We would be better than MSU is supposedly going to be with Perry IMO.

Take the imagination a step farther and say Hall doesn't transfer out... Inserting Perry, Garland, and Hall into the active lineup..

Too bad it's all actually "unreal".

All that said, I firmly believe we will be a pretty good team this year.

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2018, 10:53:18 am »

I have high hopes, but so far he averaged 4 points and 2 assists per game in the mountain west. Not sure how that makes him part of the best combo in the country (though Gafford holds up his end).
Heard their were issues at NM with Harris, and he said he cane to Arkansas because they play fast, and he is the fastest guard Arkansas has had in years.

Swinesong1

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2018, 11:43:51 am »

Heard their were issues at NM with Harris, and he said he cane to Arkansas because they play fast, and he is the fastest guard Arkansas has had in years.
  And factor in he was just a freshman. 

BannerMountainMan

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2018, 11:57:07 am »

And factor in he was just a freshman.
and not personal issues, issues of the Nmís Style of play

draftkings33

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 12:16:34 pm »

A lot of coaches hate fancy moves and players that dribble.  It baffles me.

draftkings33

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2018, 12:18:20 pm »

Probably had a coach like the Wichita St coach where he wants to control every possession and not let the kids play free.  EGO maniac coaches. 

dawn2tusk

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2018, 02:54:47 pm »

I'm anxious to see how well he and all the newcomers defend.

MakingPlays

« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2018, 02:27:36 am »

Yea staff had us setup to be looking pretty good our starting 5 this year was suppose to be.... Harris, Garland, Hall, Perry, Gafford with juniors CJ Jones and Adrio Bailey leading the second unit. Didn't work out like that, but everything happens for a reason, I'm very excited about these young guys coming in.  Most excited to see Isiah Joe in action heard a lot of good things about him.  And I think we got a steal in Reggie Chaney, he was the best we could have hoped for to replace a 5-star PF in Reggie Perry.

Dominicanhog

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2018, 06:32:09 am »

Yea staff had us setup to be looking pretty good our starting 5 this year was suppose to be.... Harris, Garland, Hall, Perry, Gafford with juniors CJ Jones and Adrio Bailey leading the second unit. Didn't work out like that, but everything happens for a reason, I'm very excited about these young guys coming in.  Most excited to see Isiah Joe in action heard a lot of good things about him.  And I think we got a steal in Reggie Chaney, he was the best we could have hoped for to replace a 5-star PF in Reggie Perry.

The story of 2 Reggie"s.... books not finished, interesting to see how it ends...

gmarv

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2018, 08:14:00 am »

Looks like he will be a lot of fun to watch.

hawgball40

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2018, 02:35:33 pm »

he's got potential, but his d1 highlights and stats aren't very good. He's quick and has a decent handle along with a nice midrange game. but i just don't see him being this floor general that everyone thinks. Maybe, and i hope his game has grown and he is able to be that PG that we really need to make this offense go. I'm optimistic and definitely pulling for him to be what everyone hopes

FineAsSwine

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2018, 04:24:50 pm »

His teammates have expressed a lot of confidence in him so that is what is most important.

HoopS

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2018, 04:27:12 pm »

His teammates have expressed a lot of confidence in him so that is what is most important.
yep. What fans who arenít around him daily think really doesnít mean squat. Pro or Con. His teammates believe in him and thatís big.

I also wouldnít put stock in stats from a completely different system.

Razorod

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2018, 05:11:18 pm »

I know it's not a true test, but I'm ready for the Red-White game and to get at least a little glimpse/perspective on this team.

I'm guessing it will not be televised, so anybody who can go, love to hear what you see.

hawgball40

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2018, 09:06:18 pm »

I know it's not a true test, but I'm ready for the Red-White game and to get at least a little glimpse/perspective on this team.

I'm guessing it will not be televised, so anybody who can go, love to hear what you see.
i'll probably go, and will definitely give my honest opinion.

Letsroll1200

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2018, 08:53:20 pm »

Jalen Harris is the real deal. He's a very confident basketball player.

nwahogfan1

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 10:26:15 pm »

If Reggie had came to Arkansas then we would not have gotten Chaney so kind of a Wash. 

wpstexan

• Varsity
  • Calling the Hogs in Southlake, Texas!
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2018, 12:52:51 am »

If Reggie had came to Arkansas then we would not have gotten Chaney so kind of a Wash.
Reggie Snake Perry isnít even projected into the MSU starting lineup and isnít projected to get drafted next year either. LOL

FineAsSwine

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2018, 07:56:24 am »

Reggie Snake Perry isnít even projected into the MSU starting lineup and isnít projected to get drafted next year either. LOL

That will give him time to spend some more of that shoe cash.

draftkings33

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2018, 08:44:19 am »

Hogs had a scrimmage yesterday with refs and everything.  Harris was best player on the court.

Razorod

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2018, 08:45:51 am »

Hogs had a scrimmage yesterday with refs and everything.  Harris was best player on the court.
Good to note!

draftkings33

« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2018, 10:11:35 am »

Joe and Sills also looked very good.  Henderson has a long way to go.  Wouldn't mind if we redshirted him even. 

Big Nasty 34

« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 01:48:47 pm »

Only time will tell I suppose.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2018, 02:04:49 pm »

Joe and Sills also looked very good.  Henderson has a long way to go.  Wouldn't mind if we redshirted him even. 

Would you mind giving a full breakdown? I'm dying for info.

MakingPlays

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2018, 02:30:56 pm »

I think Reggie's decomittment had more to do with his mom and her wanting Arkansas to give them more.  She pretty much gave herself away on twitter, referencing Arkansas as treating them like slaves, which was an extremely ignorant comment, to compare being a college athlete to slavery, that's not really a term to play around and use loosely.  What I took from that is they wanted money and Coach Anderson wasn't playing that game. 

Regardless, I think the Perry's made a bad decision, if Reggie would have come to Arkansas he without a doubt would be starting at the 4 spot, and been the second scoring option alongside Gafford who will have NBA scouts in attendance at most of the games.  IMO, if you're trying to be one and done you can't really beat a situation like that.  Now, he's going to Miss State, where they are stacked with older forwards he's going to be coming off the bench there.  It's hard to be one and done coming off the bench.

HoopS

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2018, 03:04:48 pm »

Would you mind giving a full breakdown? I'm dying for info.
ditto

batmanfan

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2018, 03:57:10 pm »

ditto

Full breakdown would be nice.

Otis

• Varsity
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2018, 04:20:30 pm »

If Harris is the best player on the court, we are in big trouble

• Woo Pig Sooie, brotha!
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2018, 04:24:18 pm »

Sounds like those reports from back in the day about how Shawn Baker was killing it and going to be All-SWC.

The_Iceman

• Gold Hogvillian
  • The Plaque for Alternates is in the Ladies room.
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2018, 04:32:10 pm »

Sounds like those reports from back in the day about how Shawn Baker was killing it and going to be All-SWC.

How about the more recent Alandise Harris reports.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2018, 04:33:02 pm »

If you take into account what his job is, you couldn't be more wrong. It does not mean he is the best shooter or the best rebounder. If a new point guard is the best player on the court that is going to make Gafford considerably better than he was last year. Jalen Harris has the best point guard skills Arkansas has seen since Kareem Reid. That will make every player on  the floor with him, better. We will be better in transition, we will be better in half court offense, we will be better protecting a lead.

azhog10

• Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2018, 06:55:37 pm »

If you take into account what his job is, you couldn't be more wrong. It does not mean he is the best shooter or the best rebounder. If a new point guard is the best player on the court that is going to make Gafford considerably better than he was last year. Jalen Harris has the best point guard skills Arkansas has seen since Kareem Reid. That will make every player on  the floor with him, better. We will be better in transition, we will be better in half court offense, we will be better protecting a lead.
I was told last year that Harris would have given our two guards last year a run for a starting spot. I laughed and thought it was someone just trying to blow smoke and confidence about what we were about to lose. Now I'm not so sure.

Big Nasty 34

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2018, 08:46:07 pm »

Considering we have a probable top 10 pick on the floor I donít see how thatís a bad thing.

HoopS

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2018, 08:48:45 pm »

It really isnít surprising nor a bad sign.

Heís got more experience than the others. We already have seen how quick he is. Been on campus a good while. Plays PG so of course youíre going to notice him.

Heck, reading that made my day tbh. Glad to hear it. Expected it but glad nonetheless.

azhog10

• Razorback Basketball on the rise!
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2018, 08:49:36 pm »

It really isnít surprising nor a bad sign.

Heís got more experience than the others. We already have seen how quick he is. Been on campus a good while. Plays PG so of course youíre going to notice him.

Heck, reading that made my day tbh. Glad to hear it. Expected it but glad nonetheless.
Also helps when Jalen is on Dan's team in the scrimmage......Jalen is good but big Dan makes you look a hell of a lot better.

HoopS

« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2018, 08:50:38 pm »

Also helps when Jalen is on Dan's team in the scrimmage......Jalen is good but big Dan makes you look a hell of a lot better.
absolutely. They both can help each other.

Razorod

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2018, 05:41:02 am »

Your pg being the best player on the court is a good thing. He and Gafford should be able to work some magic this year.

Issue is going to be depth. With Garland out and Phillips delayed, that's going to mean a lot of minutes for Harris, Embery, Sills, Joe and Jones early on.

Letsroll1200

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2018, 09:27:53 am »

Spoke with two reporters that cover New Mexico basketball. Both of them had good things to say about Harris and what he showed as a freshman.

razorback1829

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2018, 09:58:18 am »

Spoke with two reporters that cover New Mexico basketball. Both of them had good things to say about Harris and what he showed as a freshman.

Was simply in the wrong system and was young. Has 3 years here, 4 if you count the redshirt year. Will be in the record books by the time he is done. Has all the tools with top flight speed, can change those speeds at a moment, can jump and dunk on you,  and has length at the pg spot.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas