• 9,973,041 Posts
• 400,356 Topics
• 22,943 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jalen Harris video  (Read 4172 times)

k.c.hawg

Re: Jalen Harris video
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2018, 11:36:29 am »

Was simply in the wrong system and was young. Has 3 years here, 4 if you count the redshirt year. Will be in the record books by the time he is done. Has all the tools with top flight speed, can change those speeds at a moment, can jump and dunk on you,  and has length at the pg spot.

He was in a dumpster fire. Remembered Craig Neal from his playing days at GT, apparently he had taken on the personna of a guy that over partied with the wild boosters, was a total Jekyl and Hyde at practice often picking players out to go nuts on, over inconsequential things. Jalen was one of 5 that announced transfers within about a week and 3 were returning starters. Ultimately Neal didn't survive the stampede to get out of there. Previously Neal and his wife often got into at practice over the way Neal treated his own son and eventually his son became the first player to ever leave a high major program coached by his dad. Enough said.

From the minute I saw Jalen I loved what I saw. His speed, quickness and handles were a sight I had not seen in a Hog uniform in 20 years. Looks to have plenty of ability to finish at the rim and a decent enough shot to keep defenses honest. I'm looking forward to these next three years!!

hogwood

• Hogvillian
  • Just Chillin' Like A Villain
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2018, 12:04:25 pm »

He was in a dumpster fire. Remembered Craig Neal from his playing days at GT, apparently he had taken on the personna of a guy that over partied with the wild boosters, was a total Jekyl and Hyde at practice often picking players out to go nuts on, over inconsequential things. Jalen was one of 5 that announced transfers within about a week and 3 were returning starters. Ultimately Neal didn't survive the stampede to get out of there. Previously Neal and his wife often got into at practice over the way Neal treated his own son and eventually his son became the first player to ever leave a high major program coached by his dad. Enough said.

From the minute I saw Jalen I loved what I saw. His speed, quickness and handles were a sight I had not seen in a Hog uniform in 20 years. Looks to have plenty of ability to finish at the rim and a decent enough shot to keep defenses honest. I'm looking forward to these next three years!!

WPS!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2018, 12:12:33 pm »

Interesting...   :o

Razorod

« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2018, 01:20:42 pm »

k.c., do you recall if we recruiting Harris out of h.s.? It seems to me that we did, but I can't remember for sure.

He's a really good fit for CMA's system.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2018, 01:50:16 pm »

k.c., do you recall if we recruiting Harris out of h.s.? It seems to me that we did, but I can't remember for sure.

He's a really good fit for CMA's system.

It shows his offers and New Mexico, Charlotte and DePaul were his best offers. Then showing interest but no offers were Arkansas,Clemson, Florida, FSU, K State, NC State, OU, VT, WF,

I'm not sure if the second group were letters he received or coaches talking to him out on AAU saying they were interested or what. It seems we must have had inroads somewhere as quick as it went. Reading further it appears we were recruiting him and backed off when we secured Barford and Macon. He announced he was transferring 3/28, visited 4/26 and committed 4/28.

Razorod

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2018, 02:23:23 pm »

It shows his offers and New Mexico, Charlotte and DePaul were his best offers. Then showing interest but no offers were Arkansas,Clemson, Florida, FSU, K State, NC State, OU, VT, WF,

I'm not sure if the second group were letters he received or coaches talking to him out on AAU saying they were interested or what. It seems we must have had inroads somewhere as quick as it went. Reading further it appears we were recruiting him and backed off when we secured Barford and Macon. He announced he was transferring 3/28, visited 4/26 and committed 4/28.
Thanks. That's basically what I remembered.

hawgball40

• All-American Hogvillian
  • #wps4life
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2018, 02:33:49 pm »

From the minute I saw Jalen I loved what I saw. His speed, quickness and handles were a sight I had not seen in a Hog uniform in 20 years.
You must have been legally blind for the two years BJ Young was here then. Qualls was pretty damn fast too, he was like Matt Jones, in that his stride was so long his speed was deceptive

hawgball40

• #wps4life
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2018, 02:39:31 pm »

Hogs had a scrimmage yesterday with refs and everything.  Harris was best player on the court.
I sure hope you're right. Having an athletic, electric point guard who is unselfish could be the difference between being average and being pretty good. we have alot of good pieces, but how will they mesh as a team, and will they be good enough to make the tourney. The optimist in me thinks they will

k.c.hawg

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2018, 03:25:48 pm »

You must have been legally blind for the two years BJ Young was here then. Qualls was pretty damn fast too, he was like Matt Jones, in that his stride was so long his speed was deceptive

Yes, you are correct. I should have qualified that by saying a true PG. I canít believe BJ didnít come to mind since I took several trips to see him
In HS in anticipation of his arrival at Arkansas. I thought back more to Kareem Reid. I never thought of BJ having tactical speed, if he had the opening he went balls to the wall, coast to coast and beat everyone to the rim. Dude was unbelievable covering 94í. Iím hoping we have a more 2.5/1 assist to t.o. ratio guy that gets everyone involved, makes us a dangerous transition team, gets the ball to the correct spot in the half court. Time will tell.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 05:29:20 pm by k.c.hawg »

hawgball40

• #wps4life
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2018, 07:00:46 pm »

Yes, you are correct. I should have qualified that by saying a true PG. I canít believe BJ didnít come to mind since I took several trips to see him
In HS in anticipation of his arrival at Arkansas. I thought back more to Kareem Reid. I never thought of BJ having tactical speed, if he had the opening he went balls to the wall, coast to coast and beat everyone to the rim. Dude was unbelievable covering 94í. Iím hoping we have a more 2.5/1 assist to t.o. ratio guy that gets everyone involved, makes us a dangerous transition team, gets the ball to the correct spot in the half court. Time will tell.
I remember kareim reid from when i was younger. I was just a little boy and dad took us to watch a game at BWA. I remember the anouncer saying "Kareeeeem Reiiiid" everytime he did something. I don't remember the game but i remember that. I want to say the guy was shooting lights out from 3 or something and then stole it and went full court for a finger roll. I was maybe 10 or 12 so i could be wrong.

k.c.hawg

« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2018, 07:36:17 pm »

I remember kareim reid from when i was younger. I was just a little boy and dad took us to watch a game at BWA. I remember the anouncer saying "Kareeeeem Reiiiid" everytime he did something. I don't remember the game but i remember that. I want to say the guy was shooting lights out from 3 or something and then stole it and went full court for a finger roll. I was maybe 10 or 12 so i could be wrong.

The ball on the bounce was sick. I consider Mayberry the best PG we've ever had by far and away. However Reid might have been the most fun to watch. I go back to the Lanny Eman years just before Eddie came and those two have been my favorite PG's. Corey Beck obviously belongs, maybe even at the top because of the winning, the defense , the toughness. But Mayberry and Reid are my favorites and I will call Mayberry the best without a doubt. I actually think Harris can put his name on the list. I might be putting the cart way in front of the horse and he is going to have an uphill battle this year with everyone being new and unfamiliar but his skills and instincts look like they are very much in line with making a mark.

The_Bionic_Pig

• VICTORY IS MINE!!!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Orlando, Florida
    • My YOUTUBE profile & vids
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2018, 08:12:43 pm »

I know it's not a true test, but I'm ready for the Red-White game and to get at least a little glimpse/perspective on this team.

I'm guessing it will not be televised, so anybody who can go, love to hear what you see.

My guess is someone will have a Facebook Live link going ..

Dominicanhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2018, 06:43:00 am »

The ball on the bounce was sick. I consider Mayberry the best PG we've ever had by far and away. However Reid might have been the most fun to watch. I go back to the Lanny Eman years just before Eddie came and those two have been my favorite PG's. Corey Beck obviously belongs, maybe even at the top because of the winning, the defense , the toughness. But Mayberry and Reid are my favorites and I will call Mayberry the best without a doubt. I actually think Harris can put his name on the list. I might be putting the cart way in front of the horse and he is going to have an uphill battle this year with everyone being new and unfamiliar but his skills and instincts look like they are very much in line with making a mark.

Cortney Fortsen had some flash as well,  he'd get in under the goal, with no chance and throw up a wild shot that went in more often than not..

Agree, Mayberry is the GOAT at PG and let's hope he's soon to be considered 2nd best..

FineAsSwine

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville think tank
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2018, 09:19:06 am »

Cortney Fortsen had some flash as well,  he'd get in under the goal, with no chance and throw up a wild shot that went in more often than not..

Agree, Mayberry is the GOAT at PG and let's hope he's soon to be considered 2nd best..

If he is even as good as Mayberry, we are going to the tournament. NCAA's that is.

hawgball40

• #wps4life
« Reply #64 on: October 17, 2018, 01:36:17 pm »

My guess is someone will have a Facebook Live link going ..
good idea, i'll youtube stream it and post a thread here so ya'll can watch

LRHog

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #65 on: October 17, 2018, 01:47:56 pm »

That would be AWESOME

MakingPlays

« Reply #66 on: October 17, 2018, 01:59:13 pm »

Nice! Now we just need to get someone to volunteer to live stream the Little Rock game every year and we'll be good to go.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas