• 10,019,187 Posts
• 401,572 Topics
• 22,978 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74]   Go Down

Author Topic: All Things Kelly Bryant MERGED — No New Threads  (Read 182229 times)

Boardon Hamsay

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Eponymous Keeper of the War Damn Mockingbird Unis
Re: All Things Kelly Bryant MERGED — No New Threads
« Reply #3650 on: December 05, 2018, 11:24:22 am »

The situation is fluid.

Ben

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3651 on: December 05, 2018, 11:25:05 am »

Why does it matter to you where a thread is located, and do you really think folks got butthurt because you thought the thread didn't go to the trash fast enough?  Talk about delusional...
Well i mean you just did, so...

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

The Hogfather

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I Love Lamp
« Reply #3652 on: December 05, 2018, 11:26:55 am »

So Lock being a part of a team with an offensive minded coaching staff and decent recievers had nothing to do with that? Lol Dumbsh!t look at the type of offense mizzou has. Bryant will do just fine, even if you are too in your feelings to understand that. 

He'll "do just fine", but will be a downgrade from Lock, and will likely not be drafted.  Lock did what he did in spite of Dooley, not because of him. 

Here's apparently what Dooley is going to "carry over to the college league":

Record at La Tech:  17-20 (12-12)
Record at Tenner C:  15-21 (4-19) "Head coach at Tennesee and all that"--Bryant
WR Coach at Cowboys from 2013 to 2017.  Of note:

Year before Dooley:  2012 top 3 WRs:  190 catches, 2,761 yards, 22 TDs
1st year with Dooley:  2013 top 3 WRs:  176 catches, 2,337 yards, 20 TDs
2nd year with Dooley:  2014 top 3 WRs:  162 catches, 2,361 yards, 28 TDs
3rd year with Dooley:  2015 top 3 WRs:  135 catches, 1,777 yards, 11 TDs
4th year with Dooley:  2016 top 3 WRs:  169 catches, 2,223 yards, 17 TDs
5th year with Dooley:  2017 top 3 WRs:  158 catches, 1,720 yards, 10 TDs

Notice anything?  Guess Dooley is going to carry all of this terrible development and failure of WRs to the "college league" and somehow make Kelly Bryant better like he did Lock (even though Lock's yardage, TD number, and QB rating all declined this season under Dooley).

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Crazy Times Make Crazy people Crazier!!!!
« Reply #3653 on: December 05, 2018, 11:31:19 am »

He'll "do just fine", but will be a downgrade from Lock, and will likely not be drafted.  Lock did what he did in spite of Dooley, not because of him. 

Here's apparently what Dooley is going to "carry over to the college league":

Record at La Tech:  17-20 (12-12)
Record at Tenner C:  15-21 (4-19) "Head coach at Tennesee and all that"--Bryant
WR Coach at Cowboys from 2013 to 2017.  Of note:

Year before Dooley:  2012 top 3 WRs:  190 catches, 2,761 yards, 22 TDs
1st year with Dooley:  2013 top 3 WRs:  176 catches, 2,337 yards, 20 TDs
2nd year with Dooley:  2014 top 3 WRs:  162 catches, 2,361 yards, 28 TDs
3rd year with Dooley:  2015 top 3 WRs:  135 catches, 1,777 yards, 11 TDs
4th year with Dooley:  2016 top 3 WRs:  169 catches, 2,223 yards, 17 TDs
5th year with Dooley:  2017 top 3 WRs:  158 catches, 1,720 yards, 10 TDs

Notice anything?  Guess Dooley is going to carry all of this terrible development and failure of WRs to the "college league" and somehow make Kelly Bryant better like he did Lock (even though Lock's yardage, TD number, and QB rating all declined this season under Dooley).

I think KB's numbers next year will look much like his numbers at Clemson

The Hogfather

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I Love Lamp
« Reply #3654 on: December 05, 2018, 11:37:00 am »

I think KB's numbers next year will look much like his numbers at Clemson

2,800 yards, 13 TDs, 8 Ints, 131 rating?

Sounds reasonable.

Obvious downgrade from Lock, which I agree with.  Not sure I completely agree that he'll put up similar numbers.

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3655 on: December 05, 2018, 11:38:45 am »

2,800 yards, 13 TDs, 8 Ints, 131 rating?

Sounds reasonable.

Obvious downgrade from Lock, which I agree with.  Not sure I completely agree that he'll put up similar numbers.

It will be interesting to see if Missouri is ranked #23 at this time next year as they are this year.  My guess is they won't be.

The Hogfather

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I Love Lamp
« Reply #3656 on: December 05, 2018, 11:42:04 am »

It will be interesting to see if Missouri is ranked #23 at this time next year as they are this year.  My guess is they won't be.

Definitely agree.  I think Lock was enough to get them to that next step.  Not sure one year Kelly Bryant and washed up headcase Nance will be.

Mjs84

• Varsity
Re: All Things Kelly Bryant **Merged** No New Threads!!
« Reply #3657 on: December 05, 2018, 12:05:08 pm »

Hog fans aren't the brightest of fans. Facts and logic don't apply

Dude shut the Frank up.  You're just as dumb as the rest of us, if not worse.

liljo

• Senior
Re: All Things Kelly Bryant **Merged** No New Threads!!
« Reply #3658 on: December 05, 2018, 03:15:00 pm »

See. I told y'all he wasn't coming here, and that Missouri was strong in the mix.

Wait...my bad,

OFFSIDES!

Quoting myself on a trashed thread...

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3659 on: December 05, 2018, 06:08:13 pm »

AL.com sports
‏Verified account@aldotcomSports

What Kelly Bryant’s commitment to Missouri means for Auburn’s 2019 quarterback situation https://trib.al/yROuU1A

Bryant’s decision to shun Auburn in favor of Missouri leaves Gus Malzahn’s team with a giant question mark at the quarterback position for 2019, as two-year starter Jarrett Stidham declared early for the NFL Draft on Tuesday. Stidham made his choice official less than two hours before Bryant announced his decision.

So, with Bryant off the board and Stidham bound for the NFL, where will Auburn turn at quarterback next season in an undoubtedly pivotal year for embattled head coach Gus Malzahn?

Barring any attrition, Auburn is set to return three scholarship quarterbacks in 2019: Malik Willis, Cord Sandberg and Joey Gatewood. None of the three has any considerable college experience, meaning it could be a fresh start behind center for the Tigers next year.

Willis has been Stidham’s backup the last two seasons, but the dual-threat option has seen limited action during that span while appearing in just 14 games. Willis, who will be a junior next season, has attempted just 13 passes during his two seasons at Auburn, completing 10 of them for 64 yards and a touchdown. He is the first Auburn backup quarterback under Malzahn to attempt fewer than 25 passes in a season since Barrett Trotter in 2010.

It is entirely possible, however, that Auburn’s starting quarterback for 2019 isn’t on campus yet.

The Tigers hold a commitment from Bo Nix, a four-star prospect out of Pinson Valley and son of former Auburn star Patrick Nix. Bo Nix is rated as the nation’s No. 1 dual-threat quarterback, and he plans to sign with Auburn later this month and enroll in the spring.

There’s also the possibility of seeking another grad transfer quarterback, though it is unclear for now who will be on the market. Reports surfaced last week that Arizona quarterback Khalil Tate is likely to transfer after this season, but nothing has been made official yet. Even then, it remains to be seen if Tate will qualify to be a grad transfer and thus immediately eligible next season.

No matter what, Auburn will have a new quarterback --

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #3660 on: December 05, 2018, 09:48:17 pm »

Nope, all I did was pose a question.  You inferred something completely different. 

But, I'm sure this is the first time, so...

TheGrove68

• Varsity
  • Mizz...Zou
« Reply #3661 on: December 06, 2018, 12:50:14 am »

No, she sounds like she knows what she is talking about.  Things were easy at Clemson and will not be as easy at MU.  So, he won’t “be the same QB as he was at Clemson”, he’ll be worse.  Dumb decision.

I don't believe it was a dumb decision he has 3 OL back 3 RB back, and several WR returning plus 2 TE. The offense is loaded next year. KB has as much talent as Mauk and James Franklin and they where very successful at Mizzou. I think he will be good. He will have a bit different skill set than Lock, but I have no doubt he can be very successful with the players around him. And let's be real the fact that KB was replaced this year was because Clemson has the best QB in the land bar none. If they didn't have a phenom true freshman at QB then KB would still have gotten them to the same point this season and in the playoffs.

If KB had went to Ark. that would of been a death blow to his career. Ark. is at a all time low and has at least another year of below average football under CM....maybe more if your QB's don't improve and your OL is still horrible. Auburn is in a state of flux with Gus and who knows how next season will play out for them. Auburn and Ark. where big gambles and risks. Mizzou was the safe smart play.

TheGrove68

• Varsity
  • Mizz...Zou
« Reply #3662 on: December 06, 2018, 12:55:01 am »

You can't.  These points are irrefutable.

He regressed under Dooley and you're trying to sell it as getting better.  Well, maybe regressed is too strong of a word.  He had a normal maturity jump from Jr to Sr and much of his production went down.  He got smarter by not forcing as many balls, but that is expected of a Sr compared to a Jr.

Lock most definitely was not "made better" by Dooley.  At best, Dooley didn't screw him up too much.

Dooley did make him better, sure his production went down because our offense became more balanced and run oriented. But Lock made better decisions as the season progressed and became a better game managing QB. Lock still had way to much of his old self in the SC/UK games and tried to force the ball and win on his physical tools. Later in the season you can see that Dooley had ironed some of that out of him as he became a more polished QB.

The Hogfather

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I Love Lamp
« Reply #3663 on: December 06, 2018, 06:33:50 pm »

Dooley did make him better, sure his production went down because our offense became more balanced and run oriented. But Lock made better decisions as the season progressed and became a better game managing QB. Lock still had way to much of his old self in the SC/UK games and tried to force the ball and win on his physical tools. Later in the season you can see that Dooley had ironed some of that out of him as he became a more polished QB.
Canned Missouri fan answer.

TheGrove68

• Varsity
  • Mizz...Zou
« Reply #3664 on: December 07, 2018, 01:25:35 am »

Not a canned answer, IMO Lock is not a real great QB he had a ton of physical tools but is a poor decision maker who is far from a student of the game...in reality he is a basketball guy who figured out football was his meal ticket but he’s never been focused like he should be, Dooley has helped in that dept and it’s showed. Sure under Heupel system Lock would of been ahead stat wise but he would not of been as good of QB and out Win total would not of been as good.

The Hogfather

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I Love Lamp
« Reply #3665 on: December 07, 2018, 06:05:01 am »

Not a canned answer, IMO Lock is not a real great QB he had a ton of physical tools but is a poor decision maker who is far from a student of the game...in reality he is a basketball guy who figured out football was his meal ticket but he’s never been focused like he should be, Dooley has helped in that dept and it’s showed. Sure under Heupel system Lock would of been ahead stat wise but he would not of been as good of QB and out Win total would not of been as good.

Good gosh.

Letsroll1200

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #3666 on: December 07, 2018, 12:18:19 pm »

And your guess was no different than anyone else’s. You didn’t have a clue.

Are you guilty? I know you didn't fall for the Kelly Bryant coming to Arkansas crap. Be realistic!

H2OHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #3667 on: December 13, 2018, 03:51:46 pm »

Ex-trumpet or ex-hump-it as I call him is a cool guy, beware you are on notice.  hahahah....what a tool

H2OHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #3668 on: December 13, 2018, 03:52:30 pm »

99toLife

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #3669 on: December 14, 2018, 11:22:49 am »

So is beer!!!

and Beer is good, there for the situation is good...
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas