• 9,972,928 Posts
• 400,354 Topics
• 22,942 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: '20 Hog offer Moses Moody talks UA coach's visit on Thursday (9/27/18) ...  (Read 1200 times)

Kevin McPherson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

2020 Arkansas offer Moses Moody may have moved to Florida, but he’s still a priority in the Hogs’ recruiting plans.

Arkansas associate head coach Melvin Watkins visited Moody (6-5 shooting guard, Little Rock, ESPN national No. 20 / 5*) on Thursday at Montverde Academy, an independent high school in Florida that won a national high school basketball title in 2017-18.

“I had a good visit with Coach (Melvin) Watkins, and I appreciate him coming down to see me at school," Moody said. "We talked a lot about players and the basketball scene in Arkansas. We talked about my experience so far at Montverde, and they (Arkansas coaches) plan to watch me play and continue building a relationship."

Moody is considering dates for junior-year official visits in the near future, and he intends to take one of his five NCAA-allotted OVs to Arkansas. But prior to taking visits, Moody plans to take part in the Team USA U17 basketball training camp in Colorado Springs, CO, the weekend of Oct. 4-8. He participated in the same event back in June.

Moody was the first prospect from the 2020 class to receive a Razorback offer, which was extended while Moody was on an unofficial visit to Fayetteville in the fall of 2017.

Four more Arkansas offers eventually went out to in-state ’20 prospects, but after Moody led the North Little Rock Charging Wildcats to a 7A state title last season as a sophomore followed by a successful spring and summer playing up on the 17U Nike EYBL grassroots hoops circuit, he left Arkansas to enroll at Montverde for the fast-approaching 2018-19 season.

Montverde plays a national schedule and gets a lot of ESPN exposure, and it has produced its share of players who were eventually selected in the NBA draft.

“It's been a smooth transition," Moody said of his move to Montverde, FL, from Arkansas. "I like the school, my classes, teachers, and the students. I'm adjusting to and appreciate all the diversity and culture at the school."

In addition to Arkansas, Moody holds offers from Oklahoma, Baylor, Oklahoma State, Florida State, Texas A&M, Texas, Illinois, Missouri, SMU, Ole Miss, Florida, Texas Tech, and Stanford.

Moody is a legitimate 6-5 with a 7-foot wingspan, and he's still growing. A smooth operator on offense, Moody is plus-shooter from 3, has improved handling and
counter moves in his middle game, and can finish at the rim. He’s a clutch shooter, too, with good court awareness as a passer, something that seems to get overlooked because of how gifted a scorer he is. Defensively, he gets a lot of deflections because of his length and anticipation.

Moody has a high basketball IQ and is a gym rat. Multiple coaches have said he not only puts in hours in the gym on his own time, but he asks questions and listens because he wants to get better.

Moody’s rise to a national Top 20, 5-star prospect has been on a fast-track.

He was already a national prospect after a great showing as the youngest hooper playing in the prestigious Pangos All American Camp in June of 2017, using that and his production playing with Team South 15U to move into the composite national Top 50 prior to his sophomore season at North Little Rock.

Then in 2017-18, he moved the needle even more, earning 7A state title-game MVP honors to cap that NLR title followed by a big spring (April and May) leading nationally regarded Brad Beal Elite 17U in scoring on the Nike EYBL circuit while playing up. Not only was Moody a scorer, but he was efficient in doing so, making several advanced-stat Top 10s that measure volume of production with efficiency.

In early June, Moody starred at the Nike Elite 100 Camp, and then in mid-June he took part in Team USA basketball's U17 training camp and showed well there.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
Re: '20 Hog offer Moses Moody talks UA coach's visit on Thursday (9/27/18) ...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2018, 11:20:04 pm »

Kevin, that is really good work, sir.

Sounds like a good get...

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

HawgnCorona

Re: '20 Hog offer Moses Moody talks UA coach's visit on Thursday (9/27/18) ...
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2018, 11:44:18 pm »

My favorite in this recruiting class

Kevin McPherson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

* BREAKING: '20 Arkansas offer Moses Moody @moses_moody3 (6-5 SG, Montverde, FL, Academy via Little Rock, ESPN Nat'l No. 20 / 5*) will take his first junior-year OV to Fayetteville the weekend of Oct. 19-21 ... plans include MoBaller attending Hoop Hogs' Red-White game Fri., 10/19.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1049455942155296768

Razorod

* BREAKING: '20 Arkansas offer Moses Moody @moses_moody3 (6-5 SG, Montverde, FL, Academy via Little Rock, ESPN Nat'l No. 20 / 5*) will take his first junior-year OV to Fayetteville the weekend of Oct. 19-21 ... plans include MoBaller attending Hoop Hogs' Red-White game Fri., 10/19.

https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/1049455942155296768
Perhaps there is some hope!

Very good to hear that he is at least giving the Hogs a shot. I'd like to think he could see himself playing early and often wearing the Cardinal and White.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas