• 9,973,060 Posts
• 400,356 Topics
• 22,943 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will it be easier to get the ball to Gafford this year?  (Read 629 times)

checkraiser88

Will it be easier to get the ball to Gafford this year?
« on: September 23, 2018, 05:11:22 pm »

Last season we had some scorers. Gafford will have to be the go to this year, especially early in the season. Anderson’s recent big men looked much better in year 2 regardless. I think that if Gafford takes the roll as the leader on this team he could be easily be SEC player of the year!

MPHinJonesboro

• Band Nerd
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Will it be easier to get the ball to Gafford this year?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 10:21:50 am »

I read somewhere that Jalen Harris is making Gafford look like an NBA Allstar.  So, yes, I think they will get him the ball more.  He was awesome at the pick and roll but they opted to shoot more times than get him the ball.  I look for that to change.  I anticipate 20ppg.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

razorback1829

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 10:27:12 am »

I think that once these guys learn the offense and the nuances of college basketball, then start to gel, you’ll see Gafford get easier and easier looks. He’s going to have all the attention early. People don’t even know who to scout on our team right now due to all the new faces. We’ll see early who steps up and helps draw the attention off of him. Jalen Harris is a marvel in the open court, but he will have to slow down and really make good decisions this year, especially with such a young group.

mhuff

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 01:10:40 pm »

This will be the first year in 15 or 20 that we will have inside players that can both score. This will be the first time in forever that we’ve had a PG that will distribute the ball instead of driving the lane and throwing up crap shots. If Garland plays, we have all the pieces.

Most of these players have AAU experience that has won at the highest level. They know how to win and have played together for years. This will not be a normal group of freshmen. Now if someone can coach defense, we will also have better defensive players. There are two ends to a court.

I am concerned with how often Jalen will turn the ball over.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas