• 10,058,682 Posts
• 402,657 Topics
• 23,009 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Season Ticket Prices  (Read 4678 times)

erniehog

Season Ticket Prices
« on: September 17, 2018, 12:43:55 pm »

Apparently just doubled for those of us who have been buying family plan for last 15 years.
That may be enough for me to relinquish. 

factchecker

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
Re: Season Ticket Prices
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 02:09:36 pm »

Have they sent out renewals?

I haven't received an email yet and I thought they sent them out in October.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

BroyledNutts

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 03:42:53 pm »

Apparently just doubled for those of us who have been buying family plan for last 15 years.
That may be enough for me to relinquish. 

Could you elaborate a little?

WhenPigsFly

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 04:05:38 pm »

Got a letter from HY today saying ALL reserved seat season tickets will now be $250 each.  I assume that means the family packages and senior discounts are a thing of the past.

WhenPigsFly

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 04:13:51 pm »

Have they sent out renewals?

I haven't received an email yet and I thought they sent them out in October.

No renewals yet, just an informational letter from HY.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 04:27:06 pm »

No renewals yet, just an informational letter from HY.
Thanks for the info.  We were first time season ticket holders last season (for baseball) and paid $225 per ticket.  A $25 dollar jump is slight but understandable with the need for renovation.

WhenPigsFly

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 04:50:55 pm »

Thanks for the info.  We were first time season ticket holders last season (for baseball) and paid $225 per ticket.  A $25 dollar jump is slight but understandable with the need for renovation.

But sounds like a 100% increase for those who had a family package, and maybe 40% or so for seniors.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 05:01:04 pm »

But sounds like a 100% increase for those who had a family package, and maybe 40% or so for seniors.
I'm not privy to the family package or senior deal.  What does that encompass?

WhenPigsFly

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 05:15:37 pm »

I'm not privy to the family package or senior deal.  What does that encompass?

Both may have been plans that they let folks keep that weren’t available to new ticket holders.  I think the family package was for two adult and two child tickets for basically the price of just the adult seats.

I have received the senior discount for the last seven years:  over age 55, $175 per ticket (I think).

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 06:37:25 pm »

Both may have been plans that they let folks keep that weren’t available to new ticket holders.  I think the family package was for two adult and two child tickets for basically the price of just the adult seats.

I have received the senior discount for the last seven years:  over age 55, $175 per ticket (I think).
Thanks for the explanation.  That will be a sizable jump for some ticket holders.  It might be a better idea to simply have a donation drive for the baseball expansion vs. tacking it on to ticket expenses.  I wonder if the donation tax law (not being able to deduct donations from taxes) is having an impact.  We might start seeing a rise in ticket costs to cover for the donations.

PurpleHog

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2018, 02:22:57 pm »

We received our renewal in the mail today. It looks like there is no option for a family plan. 4 tickets would be a little over 1K, plus a $300 dollar donation. ($75 per seat for section 102) That's roughly twice what we've been paying. I'm curious if the senior discount went away as well?

WhenPigsFly

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 04:55:54 pm »

We received our renewal in the mail today. It looks like there is no option for a family plan. 4 tickets would be a little over 1K, plus a $300 dollar donation. ($75 per seat for section 102) That's roughly twice what we've been paying. I'm curious if the senior discount went away as well?

Yes, it did.

ladybackfan

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 09:46:22 pm »

If you are a full time UofA employee. Do you get a discount?

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
  • RIP LILY, WE MISS YOU DEARLY
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 10:57:32 pm »

This is crap. My dad is thing of giving his up.

Increase not a bad idea but this is way too much

hillbilly

• Senior
  • Go Cubs and Go Hogs.
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2018, 10:26:04 am »

I don't think it is too much, I guess I might feel that way if I ever had tickets under the old prices. You are still paying around 8.00 per ticket, per game. I think that is more than fair.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2018, 10:49:57 am »

I don't think it is too much, I guess I might feel that way if I ever had tickets under the old prices. You are still paying around 8.00 per ticket, per game. I think that is more than fair.

add your donation, it almost doubles the price

311Hog

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2018, 10:52:05 am »

bold move, cash grab in full effect.

vandybuff

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2018, 10:59:41 am »

can you stub hub U of A baseball tickets? 

WhenPigsFly

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2018, 12:05:13 pm »

If you are a full time UofA employee. Do you get a discount?

The letter says ALL reserved seat season tickets will be $250 each.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 12:50:05 pm by WhenPigsFly »

WhenPigsFly

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2018, 12:09:00 pm »

To  be honest, I have been expecting prices to go up for sometime now, considering the success of the program and the demand for tickets.

ricepig

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2018, 01:16:00 pm »

bold move, cash grab in full effect.

You would have thought Jeff Long was in charge......

BroyledNutts

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2018, 02:03:16 pm »

Our tickets didn't double, but they did go up $90 ... I hope they don't restructure the donor level minimums ...

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2018, 02:51:56 pm »

Our tickets didn't double, but they did go up $90 ... I hope they don't restructure the donor level minimums ...
They restructured them before last season:

http://www.razorbackfoundation.com/2017AnnualFundBrochure.pdf

SUPER HOG
106, 110

WILD HOG
105, 111

TUSH HOG
104, 112

BIG HOG
103, 113

BIG RED
102, 114

RAZORBACK
100, 101, 115, 116

vs.

http://www.razorbackfoundation.com/2018AFBrochure.pdf

SUPER HOG
105, 114

WILD HOG
104, 115

TUSH HOG
103, 115

BIG HOG
102, 115

BIG RED
102, 116

RAZORBACK

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2018, 02:53:58 pm »

add your donation, it almost doubles the price
?

I didn't see in the letter where they upped donation requirements this season.

They moved them before last season.

If you are paying the same donation as you did last season then that wouldn't double your price.

Kevin

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2018, 06:28:15 pm »

it is all about the foundation, donation. my father used to get both football & baseball season tickets.

a couple of years ago gave up the football tickets, but to keep his baseball seats (which are awesome) he had to stay at the same giving level.

so he is paying much more for his seats, than if someone new made a donation for the same tickets.

i predict this will be the last year for baseball, we will just buy game by game when i come in to town.

and try to get regional tickets if they host.

PurpleHog

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2018, 09:13:38 am »

We have had 4 tickets in 102 since the Norm DeBriyn days. This year, I'll only be buying 2 and paying about the same amount as I was for 4. It looks to me like there are roughly 1500-2000 hard core baseball fans that show up, good weather or bad, for baseball. My wife and I are in that group. I hate to see some of those long time fans squeezed out by yet another UofA money grab. It's just disappointing that everything is always about the money and fan loyalty means so little.

It was easy to see coming.....everytime one of our athletic teams is successful, it's quickly followed by a price hike for tickets.

Bruinstyle2001

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2018, 10:56:01 am »

I am going to assume best intentions and say that baseball is still the best bargain at the U of A.  I hope/anticipate that they will use the additional revenue to offset the cost of construction for the facilities this team desperately needs and deserves.  Perhaps it might allow us to bring better teams to Baum Stadium in without home and home arrangements.  Perhaps we may have sleeper buses one day akin to Vanderbilt to make the bus rides that much easier.  I have faith that the U of A will keep putting the money back on the field with baseball.

Baseball tickets has always been a cost that our family has built into the budget each year and it is not something we will give up.  Baseball is where our hearts are, lifelong friendships have been made, and many a tailgates have been won (we are still undefeated at tailgating).  I have a hard time complaining about a cost that has brought my family so much joy - especially when it still works out to under $10 a ticket.

ricepig

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2018, 11:44:11 am »

I am going to assume best intentions and say that baseball is still the best bargain at the U of A.  I hope/anticipate that they will use the additional revenue to offset the cost of construction for the facilities this team desperately needs and deserves.  Perhaps it might allow us to bring better teams to Baum Stadium in without home and home arrangements.  Perhaps we may have sleeper buses one day akin to Vanderbilt to make the bus rides that much easier.  I have faith that the U of A will keep putting the money back on the field with baseball.

Baseball tickets has always been a cost that our family has built into the budget each year and it is not something we will give up.  Baseball is where our hearts are, lifelong friendships have been made, and many a tailgates have been won (we are still undefeated at tailgating).  I have a hard time complaining about a cost that has brought my family so much joy - especially when it still works out to under $10 a ticket.

Well, we don't do bus rides, except for a couple of short 2-3 hour trips. And I agree, the baseball ticket price is still a great bargain, I only wish I lived close enough to take advantage of it.

PurpleHog

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2018, 02:03:20 pm »

Agree that it's still worthwhile, but I should also point out that several of those games are weekday 3 pm starts and those are hard for a man with a job to make. Also, baseball season begins in February and the weather can be brutal for the first 6-8 weeks of the season. I'd guess that most fans don't attend much more than half the games. Factor that in and now the average cost per game (actually attended) is probably a lot closer to $20 per game.

As far as raising ticket prices to improve the stadium, I'm not buying that either. The SEC turnback combined with football revenue makes baseball ticket sales look pretty insignificant.

I've been a fan a long time......and I'm still a fan, but when you double my cost to stay a fan, it hurts. The UofA's official words say, "we've got great fans", but their deeds sound more like "let's stick it to them". 

Basketball already plays in front of a 1/3 full arena. I would hate for that to happen to baseball.

Schlomo Hogstein

• Walk-On
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2018, 10:19:37 pm »

1. The UofA does baseball better than they do any other sport. The game day experience is great.

2. The baseball team barely misses a national championship and the UofA raises ticket prices for the following season. GREAT! I look forward to the 80% reduction in football season ticket prices and football Razorback Foundation donations for the 2019 season. Also looking forward to my next birthday party with unicorns and leprechauns.

Bruinstyle2001

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2018, 01:27:33 pm »

Well, we don't do bus rides, except for a couple of short 2-3 hour trips. And I agree, the baseball ticket price is still a great bargain, I only wish I lived close enough to take advantage of it.

We might do more bus rides if we could do it in luxury -- I am separating what we currently do vs. what could be.  We currently bus to Ole Miss, Miss State, trips within 3 hours, to Birmingham if we are playing a close round series near there immediately prior. 

My real point is that I want to imagine about what the university could do with the money if we let them put the money on the field and improve the player amenities and experience. 

binz

• Band Nerd
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2018, 08:15:47 pm »

Anyone else get a email about tickets? I added baseball for the first time this year and received a confirmation yesterday.

hillbilly

• Senior
  • Go Cubs and Go Hogs.
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 08:11:09 am »

They won't have seating finalized until tomorrow. Not sure when they will send out information on where the season tickets will officially be.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2018, 12:57:07 pm »

They won't have seating finalized until tomorrow. Not sure when they will send out information on where the season tickets will officially be.

I renew the same seats every year - I never know if my renewal has been approved until my tickets arrive in February and I see what's printed on them ...

I do know this - when I renewed the guy at the ticket office told me there is a 95% renewal rate for baseball season tickets - I found that fact particularly amazing.

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2018, 02:40:22 pm »

I renew the same seats every year - I never know if my renewal has been approved until my tickets arrive in February and I see what's printed on them ...

I do know this - when I renewed the guy at the ticket office told me there is a 95% renewal rate for baseball season tickets - I found that fact particularly amazing.

I'm not sure if you renew  online or via the ticket office but if you log into your account your tickets will eventually pop into your order history.

binz

• Band Nerd
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2018, 03:42:31 pm »

My confirmation yesterday’s  had my seating location. Not the best section but if the above is true about 95% retention I should be happy I was able to even get them 

BroyledNutts

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2018, 10:11:56 pm »

I'm not sure if you renew  online or via the ticket office but if you log into your account your tickets will eventually pop into your order history.

I do know it will show past seating assignments; I didn't know it would show upcoming (or current) ... thanks for the tip ...

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2018, 10:18:54 pm »

I do know it will show past seating assignments; I didn't know it would show upcoming (or current) ... thanks for the tip ...
No problem.  It's not on my order history yet but it's on my donornet when I look at account info.

hillbilly

• Senior
  • Go Cubs and Go Hogs.
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2018, 08:37:28 am »

I saw mine today. I requested to move a section closer (wanted to move to 101 from 100) and add 1 seat (had 2 last year, requested 3 this year) and they put me in the same seats I had last year and put my 3rd seat in section 99. Gotta love it!

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2018, 08:50:51 am »

I saw mine today. I requested to move a section closer (wanted to move to 101 from 100) and add 1 seat (had 2 last year, requested 3 this year) and they put me in the same seats I had last year and put my 3rd seat in section 99. Gotta love it!
I asked both the ticket office and my RF rep about movement at Baum and I was told that the majority of the seats in Baum have been taken for years.  People don't give up their seats.  There was some threat to people pulling their tickets due to the price increase this year but almost everyone renewed.

We will never completely sell out season tickets due to the Hog Pen but it wouldn't surprise me if we come close to selling out the reserved seats sometime in the future.

I asked more specifically about the Hog Heaven seats and was met with a chuckle.  They said that there is a waiting list for that section.  It's frustrating too because those seats are almost always empty beyond the weekend series vs. premiere programs.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2018, 04:36:38 pm »

I finally decided to stop asking for seat improvement - I wanted to stay within my current section, just move closer to an aisle somewhere - not happening. The rows on every side of us are owned by the sky boxes above us - so it was an exercise in futility to even ask.

ricepig

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2018, 01:32:19 pm »

Take heart, I read where suites went up in price, too!

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2018, 01:41:35 pm »

They opened the actual seat selection for baseball season tickets (where you can see and pick out seats) and I understand why there is no ability to move or add seats in your section.

There is around 50 reserved seats left.  They might have some pulled back for mini plans or other packages but almost all of the reserved seating is sold out.

That's amazing.

binz

• Band Nerd
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2018, 08:11:36 pm »

They opened the actual seat selection for baseball season tickets (where you can see and pick out seats) and I understand why there is no ability to move or add seats in your section.

There is around 50 reserved seats left.  They might have some pulled back for mini plans or other packages but almost all of the reserved seating is sold out.

That's amazing.

That’s great for the program!!! Glad I got tickets for the first time this year!

factchecker

• RAZORBACKS OR NOTHING!
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2018, 10:42:43 pm »

That’s great for the program!!! Glad I got tickets for the first time this year!
Awesome!  A little extra info.  There were incentives to attend games last season and they should do them again:

100% Attendance Reward
Every account holder that uses all of their tickets at EVERY home game will be rewarded with:

Limited Edition Baum Stadium Panoramic Canvas Print
On-field recognition before last home game of 2018

75% Attendance Reward
Every account holder that uses all of their tickets at 25-of-33 home games will be rewarded with:

On-field recognition before last home game of 2018

-- so if you can't make a  certain game try and get someone to use your tickets so you get credit.

I hope you have a great time at Baum!

GO HOGS!!!!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 11:39:24 pm by factchecker »

ladybackfan

• Varsity
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2018, 12:15:34 am »

Have you seen this years schedule?  It SUCKS. There is 2 series that are any good.   Miss State and LSU.  The rest of the games are not worth it.  I heard that softball is still free this year.  See you at the Miss State and LSU Series.

hogfan14

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2018, 12:34:26 am »

Have you seen this years schedule?  It SUCKS. There is 2 series that are any good.   Miss State and LSU.  The rest of the games are not worth it.  I heard that softball is still free this year.  See you at the Miss State and LSU Series.

Ole Miss?

Definitely not as many marquee games as last year’s home schedule...that one was pretty awesome.

hillbilly

• Senior
  • Go Cubs and Go Hogs.
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2018, 07:44:29 am »

Stick with the Lady Razorbacks and stay off this board then.

Tony Perkis

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This is the 18th level of the PerkiSystem.
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2018, 08:29:59 am »

Does anyone have theirs confirmed yet? I renewed (and added a seat) but I don't think I've seen anything confirming where my seats are.

hillbilly

• Senior
  • Go Cubs and Go Hogs.
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2018, 09:30:07 am »

Does anyone have theirs confirmed yet? I renewed (and added a seat) but I don't think I've seen anything confirming where my seats are.
I didn't get an e-mail or anything but if you log in to your account on the RF website, you can see where they have put your seats at for the upcoming season.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas