• 9,924,986 Posts
• 399,207 Topics
• 22,882 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If im Morris  (Read 1237 times)

#1 STUNNA

If im Morris
« on: September 17, 2018, 10:15:06 am »

I walk in the locker room today and tell the team Connor Noland is your new QB... if you dont like it hit the road... time to part ways with the lazy and weak.... time to start feeding the under classman to the wolves and build for the future!!!!

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: If im Morris
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 10:23:16 am »

Poor guy is going to get Brandon Allen'd from his first year getting introduced to Bama. 

I think we can coin the term, "Allen'd".  Meaning- young QB thrown to the wolves against top DLines littered with NFL talent all the while the Oline is in shambles and we didn't even give the chance to prep against the three lower level schools.

He would be the third Arkansas grown QB we did it too, IN A ROW.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jgphillips3

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 10:23:28 am »

Iím in.  He has good wheels and nice velocity on the ball.  One way or another, anyone not 100% committed to his vision needs to have their locker cleared out.  Itís time to buy in or just retire and go to class.

Wooderson

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 10:26:22 am »

It is too late for the tough guy act.  Should have been done the first day he stepped on campus.  The lazy atmosphere that Bert instilled had to be rooted out from the get go.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 10:27:07 am »

Poor guy is going to get Brandon Allen'd from his first year getting introduced to Bama. 

I think we can coin the term, "Allen'd".  Meaning- young QB thrown to the wolves against top DLines littered with NFL talent all the while the Oline is in shambles and we didn't even give the chance to prep against the three lower level schools.

He would be the third Arkansas grown QB we did it too, IN A ROW.
That Brandon Allen after being thrown to the wolves is better than Storey or Kelley!!! Feed these young pups to the wolves and make them men. Find out now and not later. They will either have it or not. and while we are at it.. lets get some young receivers on the field that wanna go balls to the wall....

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 10:31:05 am »

It is too late for the tough guy act.  Should have been done the first day he stepped on campus.  The lazy atmosphere that Bert instilled had to be rooted out from the get go.

I agree, but anything done now is for next year.  This year is most likely done.

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 10:36:13 am »

That Brandon Allen after being thrown to the wolves is better than Storey or Kelley!!! Feed these young pups to the wolves and make them men. Find out now and not later. They will either have it or not. and while we are at it.. lets get some young receivers on the field that wanna go balls to the wall....

Oh I don't disagree at all!!!!  Just kind of making light of the bad situation. 

The receiver thing is baffling to me. I actually think our QB's were told to target Woods this past game early.  Seemed as if Kelly was staring him down at times and just couldn't hit the broadside of the barn.  Woods was running some nice routes and getting separation. 

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 10:37:52 am »

No it's not.  We need to clear some scholarships up.  Some butts need to be ran IF they are having these issues.  I believe we could count back 7 and sign 25.  Go clear out the needed room to sign 32 guys that will buy in to what you want.  Go take the NWA kid that wants to be a receiver that committed to Ole Miss, go take some flyers on speedy little guys out of Texas and 5 year lineman.  Gotta do it now because the next class may be too late when you are talking about building it from within.

Pigstie

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 10:43:04 am »

I give Jack Lindsey some PT next week.  I've seen his arm and according to Mike Irwin he's by far the smartest of the group.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2018, 10:43:25 am »

Oh I don't disagree at all!!!!  Just kind of making light of the bad situation. 

The receiver thing is baffling to me. I actually think our QB's were told to target Woods this past game early.  Seemed as if Kelly was staring him down at times and just couldn't hit the broadside of the barn.  Woods was running some nice routes and getting separation. 
Ill say one thing... Woods sure seemed to play harder than the rest.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2018, 10:45:04 am »

if they dont like it... show them the door and lets go find us some men that wanna play their A**ES off!!!!

jrulz83

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Lenin lived, Lenin lives, Lenin will live forever!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 10:48:37 am »

If Iím Morris Iím gravely concerned that my coaching career is being added to the kills on Arkansasí resume.

AHorseWithNoName

• Varsity
  • You can lead a horse .... ehhh, whatever!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 10:49:39 am »

I give Jack Lindsey some PT next week.  I've seen his arm and according to Mike Irwin he's by far the smartest of the group.

"smartest"?  Don't think Irwin said that.  Mike Irwin is just kissing Jim Lindsey's arse!    Be careful or you're gonna look like a kook!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 02:43:22 pm by AHorseWithNoName »

Andrew Hogfan

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2018, 10:57:53 am »

I walk in the locker room today and tell the team Connor Noland is your new QB... if you dont like it hit the road... time to part ways with the lazy and weak.... time to start feeding the under classman to the wolves and build for the future!!!!

Dilly dilly!!!

havok

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2018, 11:06:39 am »

They need to get away (This year) from trying to be an all everything offensive team. it appears one series they want to be a Finess passing team, the next RPO, the next deep passing, then the next Power running.  Decide on what you "CAN" do and put your focus on that.

We saw between the E. Illinois and the Colorado State game they said they were going to Focus on the running game and that emphasis shown by gashing huge holes...(But of course later in game decided to go away from that, to try and be an all everything offense, and the offense sputtered).

If I am CM.. I say we are going to focus our practice on perfecting the running game, and off that, we can build from with Play action, and some misdirection.   Without a running game, the whole hose of cards falls, as we just don't have the players to do the other things effectively at this time.

East TN HAWG

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 11:11:07 am »

I think it goes deeper than just Noland.  I think I would definitely play Clenin, Adcock, Wagner, Capps and Gatlin as well.  Maybe play Woods more.  Same thing on defense.  Play some of the FR more such as Mason, Pool etc. 

This year is now toast.  Next year does not have to be. 

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 11:13:14 am »

They need to get away (This year) from trying to be an all everything offensive team. it appears one series they want to be a Finess passing team, the next RPO, the next deep passing, then the next Power running.  Decide on what you "CAN" do and put your focus on that.

We saw between the E. Illinois and the Colorado State game they said they were going to Focus on the running game and that emphasis shown by gashing huge holes...(But of course later in game decided to go away from that, to try and be an all everything offense, and the offense sputtered).

If I am CM.. I say we are going to focus our practice on perfecting the running game, and off that, we can build from with Play action, and some misdirection.   Without a running game, the whole hose of cards falls, as we just don't have the players to do the other things effectively at this time.
I dont disagree. If we are building around running lets put an athlete back their and not a limping hippo thats sitting back their to get feasted on. We need some mobility in the backfield.

code red

• You can't handle the truth!!!!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2018, 11:13:36 am »

Let's be real folks.  Our hand has been shown.  We will see 4-3 or 3-4 box looks all year.  We will get our butts blitzed every down.  We are not capable of using play action because no one respects our ability to throw.  It is not a Q problem it is a, lack or offensive identity problem compounded with bad oline...the QB is an secondary issue.  We have got to find a way to run the ball.

Andrew Hogfan

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2018, 11:16:05 am »

I'd like to know what Morris thought after watching the film.  There's no way I would put that OL back on the field after what I witnessed once the freshman qbs came in.  We're screwed buy o well.  Might as  go 1-11 with players that want to play.

#1 STUNNA

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2018, 11:16:34 am »

Let's be real folks.  Our hand has been shown.  We will see 4-3 or 3-4 box looks all year.  We will get our butts blitzed every down.  We are not capable of using play action because no one respects our ability to throw.  It is not a Q problem it is a, lack or offensive identity problem compounded with bad oline...the QB is an secondary issue.  We have got to find a way to run the ball.
maybe Auburn will let us play with 13 guys on offense!!!

onebadrubi

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2018, 11:19:01 am »

UNT started the game with 9 in the box I believe.  That forced our hand to show we suck in the passing game currently

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2018, 11:24:16 am »

At least when you're running the ball, the clock is running.  Not the case when you're incompleting passes...

Yes, I made that word up.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2018, 11:40:13 am »

maybe Auburn will let us play with 13 guys on offense!!!

It would not be enough. Limiting Auburn to only 8 on defense wouldn't be enough either.

Jim Harris

• Global Moderator
  • Bring me some DTs!
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2018, 11:42:11 am »

UNT started the game with 9 in the box I believe.  That forced our hand to show we suck in the passing game currently

All 11 players were within 10 yards of the LOS on the first series. Yes, they said, "Let's see if you can beat us throwing the ball." We got our answer.

Meanwhile, UNT had one play where they had two receivers running seemingly the exact same route deep down the sideline with just Santos Ramirez there to cover them. And UNT had one of the least potent run games we'll see.

Pigstie

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2018, 03:01:40 pm »

"smartest"?  Don't think Irwin said that.  Mike Irwin is just kissing Jim Lindsey's arse!    Be careful or you're gonna look like a kook!
Actually yeah he did moron. He also said Coach Craddock said the same thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas