• 9,923,128 Posts
• 399,163 Topics
• 22,879 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Used to Hind Tit / Unless Our Fans Change It's Here to Stay  (Read 1476 times)

TazorTusk

Get Used to Hind Tit / Unless Our Fans Change It's Here to Stay
« on: September 16, 2018, 02:21:48 pm »

Last fall, when we all knew that Bielema was going to be fired at seasons’s end, I kept posting here that people shroud still attend games to support the players.  That didn’t happen for the final two home games.  At each of those games, I had fathers of recruits notice my parent wrist band and ask me point blank, “we really like it here, but why should my son play where the the fans are supposed to be the best and they either boo or don’t even show up?”  I told both of them that it was a bad time and overall, fans are very supportive.  It’s all I could say. I wonder how many families were in the stand Saturday?

FYI of the two fathers I talked to:
One son signed A&M, the other with LSU.
Arkansas will face them both.

That’s Razorback football in a nutshell.

Did anyone hear what FANONTHEHILL wrote in another thread?

As I stated last week, I can understand every fan's frustration.  It really is a difficult time to be a Hog fan.

As I also stated last week, the behavior of our fans greatly affects CCM's ability to recruit.  For everyone who booed yesterday, hope it helped you feel better.  Your behavior will serve to keep the program mired where it is.  Solid, loyal fans in other programs will sit back and observe and conclude that we at Arkansas are reaping what we sow; we are getting what we deserve. They are laughing at us today because even if some of us don't hear FANONTHEHILL's warning, folks in the traditional SEC (as well as the old SWC schools) can see very clearly the foolishness of some of our "fans."

Folks talk about there not being the right leadership in the program.  We fans don't have the opportunity to coach or to play; all we can do is be the best fans we can be and show support for the team in constructive ways.  It may be that where we are lacking in leadership most is among our fans. FANONTHEHILL has spoken of an incident last season where the behavior of bad fans cost us quality recruits.  At the present it seems to me that some of we fans are dumb and dumber -- even dumber than any classic Aggie ever was.

Embarrassed.  Yes, I suppose so.  We all are a bit embarrassed by how poorly we have been playing of late. But I'm even more saddened than embarrassed -- saddened that a lack of common sense among some of our fans will only serve to exacerbate the state of Razorback football.

FANONTHEHILL could not have spoken any clearer, but there is not the leadership or fortitude among our fans to confront the negative, booing folks who elevate their own agendas above the common good of the team.  This inabilty to be good fans is by far the most difficult thing Coach Morris or any other future coach will face, and it may lead to the permanent demise of Hog football.

It seems as if we are stuck in a Catch 22 cycle.  Some of our fans think that if we boo enough and show our contempt for the present coach and team that this will lead us back to national prominence on the gridiron.  The only problem with that reasoning is just as FANONTHEHILL has tried to point out; the results of this strategy simply is to send us further into the depths.

We fans can be part of the solution best by showing solid support for our players and coaching staff.  This will help in recruiting.

CCM is off to a good start in recruiting undoubtedly fending off much negative recruiting from many other teams.  Even his energy has its limits.  He has done well so far fighting off those he is battling out in front of him.  I don't think he nor anyone else can fight on that front and succeed if he is getting stabbed in the back by his own fanbase.

Sure hope that hind tit on this hog tastes good to you whiners and boo-ers.  Keep it up and you will be able to continue sucking there forevermore.

Tazor
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 01:09:04 am by TazorTusk »

TheEnemy

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Get Used to Hind Tit / Unless Our Fans Change It's Here to Stay
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 02:25:42 pm »

I am going to say.....no.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Hogwallup

• Varsity
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 02:29:32 pm »

why should my son play where the fans are supposed to be the best

Nobody actually believes this, right? Is anyone legitimately under the impression that we have the best fans? Our stadium is a really nice high school stadium, we don't travel well, and all we're known for is a chant most other fan bases laugh at...

Reality is where we should be living.

TheEnemy

• Senior
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 02:34:12 pm »

as was already posted....Clemson fans booed clemson players last year in a tied game.....a TIED game

Every team experiences this....whining about it is silly.

Torqued pork

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I'm the baby daddy your Nana warned you about.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 02:36:16 pm »

Boos or no boos, signing players LSU and A&M actually wanted has never been our strength.

Skandar Jackson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • If you've got the time we've got the beer.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 02:48:31 pm »

As I stated last week, I can understand every fan's frustration.  It really is a difficult time to be a Hog fan.

As I also stated last week, the behavior of our fans greatly affects CCM's ability to recruit.  For everyone who booed yesterday, hope it helped you feel better.  Your behavior will serve to keep the program mired where it is.  Solid, loyal fans in other programs will sit back and observe and conclude that we at Arkansas are reaping what we sow; we are getting what we deserve. They are laughing at us today because even if some of us don't hear FANONTHEHILL's warning, folks in the traditional SEC (as well as the old SWC schools) can see very clearly the foolishness of some of our "fans."

Folks talk about there not being the right leadership in the program.  We fans don't have the opportunity to coach or to play; all we can do is be the best fans we can be and show support for the team in constructive ways.  It may be that where we are lacking in leadership most is among our fans. FANONTHEHILL has spoken of an incident last season where the behavior of bad fans cost us quality recruits.  At the present it seems to me that some of we fans are dumb and dumber -- even dumber than any classic Aggie every was.

Embarrassed.  Yes, I suppose so.  We all are a bit embarrassed by how poorly we have been playing of late. But I'm even more saddened than embarrassed -- saddened that a lack of common sense among some of our fans will only serve to exacerbate the state of Razorback football.

FANONTHEHILL could not have spoken any clearer, but there is not the leadership or fortitude among our fans to confront the negative, booing folks who elevate their own agendas above the common good of the team.  This inabilty to be good fans is by far the most difficult thing Coach Morris or any other future coach will face, and it may lead to the permanent demise of Hog football.

It seems as if we are stuck in a Catch 22 cycle.  Some of our fans think that if we boo enough and show our contempt for the present coach and team that this will lead us back to national prominence on the gridiron.  The only problem with that reasoning is just as FANONTHEHILL has tried to point out; the results of this strategy simply is to send us further into the depths.

We fans can be part of the solution best by showing solid support for our players and coaching staff.  This will help in recruiting.

CCM is off to a good start in recruiting undoubtedly fending off much negative recruiting from many other teams.  Even his energy has its limits.  He has done well so far fighting off those he is battling out in front of him.  I don't think he nor anyone else can fight on that front and succeed if he is getting stabbed in the back by his own fanbase.

Sure hope that hind tit on this hog tastes good to you whiners and boo-ers.  Keep it up and you will be able to keep sucking there forevermore.

Tazor

Impassioned butt chewings to the masses are only slightly better than booing fans. 

I hope this helped you feel better. 

Porkette

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 02:48:55 pm »

Booing is juvenile, and I don’t condone it, but it’s ridiculous to act like this is an Arkansas thing. Fans booing, or not showing up, or any other form of negativity, happens at every program when you have a horrible team, and especially if a passionate fan base has endured bad teams for a prolonged period of time.

Hoginsavga

• Varsity
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 04:41:12 pm »

Folks talk about there not being the right leadership in the program.  We fans don't have the opportunity to coach or to play; all we can do is be the best fans we can be and show support for the team in constructive ways.  It may be that where we are lacking in leadership most is among our fans. FANONTHEHILL has spoken of an incident last season where the behavior of bad fans cost us quality recruits.  At the present it seems to me that some of we fans are dumb and dumber -- even dumber than any classic Aggie every was.

Sure hope that hind tit on this hog tastes good to you whiners and boo-ers.  Keep it up and you will be able to keep sucking there forevermore.

Tazor

That’s because LSU fans never booed Les Miles and Aggie fans never booed Sumlin both with winning records when they were fired?  Surely the fans had nothing to do with their departures. If I remember correctly the LSU fans were mostly gone from their stadium in the fourth quarter when we handed them a butt whipping three years ago.

jbott

• Varsity
  • the difference between 1 yard and 2 yards? a fence
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 04:50:28 pm »

We do know these are grown men right. And this is a tough sport right. Surely booing doesn’t break them. Right? 

DoctorSusscrofa

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 04:52:23 pm »

We do know these are grown men right. And this is a tough sport right. Surely booing doesn’t break them. Right?

Every boo-er needs to be called out publicly.

jcharkansas

• Hogvillian
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 05:03:22 pm »

I don't really think we should be booing, but my gosh this team is pathetic, I don't see how it could get much worse at this point and idk if it will ever get better. We have sucked for so long now the light at the end is basically nonexistent.

DoctorSusscrofa

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 05:05:48 pm »

I don't really think we should be booing, but my gosh this team is pathetic, I don't see how it could get much worse at this point and idk if it will ever get better. We have sucked for so long now the light at the end is basically nonexistent.

And booing’s not going to fix things.

swineology

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 05:08:24 pm »

Tazor

52 years as a fan

I've seen a bunch

Carry on with your weak perspective

HoggieStyle

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 05:10:07 pm »

It's been difficult to be a Hog fan for years.

Fans shouldn't boo the players, but the players need to understand that it's out of frustration. The funny thing is, it looks like the only card that Morris might be able to play is the "us against the world" card because of the players' sensitivity over the boo-birds.

A coach getting paid what Morris is getting paid shouldn't openly say that he bagged it in the 3rd quarter. That's the height of stupid. After all the talking-up of this guy about being a teacher and having patience and not giving up and blah blah blah blah...he admitted packing it in. No wonder his players don't know how to deal with failure.

ShadowHawg

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 05:14:19 pm »

Hiring coaches with losing records has to stop.

Playing SEC home games off campus has to stop. For those who don't know, the NCAA doesn't allow official recruiting visits to the A&M game or any games played in Little Rock.

The GOBN got what they wanted. They need to prove something to the fans, not the other way around.

EastexHawg

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 05:17:04 pm »

I suppose there is a certain fascination with trying to come up with an explanation other than the most obvious.

BroyledNutts

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 06:52:55 pm »

Hiring coaches with losing records has to stop.

Playing SEC home games off campus has to stop. For those who don't know, the NCAA doesn't allow official recruiting visits to the A&M game or any games played in Little Rock.

The GOBN got what they wanted. They need to prove something to the fans, not the other way around.

Pigsknuckles

• When you least expect it...
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 07:18:42 pm »

I have supported the Razorback football program for almost half a century. I have answered the call, remained faithful through thick and thin, and have endured many instances of devastating loss and disappointment. When the product on the field is what it is now, it's not up to me to change.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 07:28:15 pm »

I will not be lectured by fellow fans over this Program! I booed them in my living room cause I refuse to spend money to see a a$$ whipping like I saw Sat in person! At Least when Nutt went O for Oct he beat those he was supposed too!
Long and the Hog Farmer left us with a undermanned and divided team!

I want to see them hustling ,hitting and busting their 6's all game long win or lose! This bunch quit!

Mellon Collie

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 07:30:41 pm »

blame the fans.

we are in a death spiral. 

no way out.

hobhog

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 07:34:43 pm »

BS. Don't blame the fans that were there. They started off cheering and are the ones showing up in heat and supporting bad team. Better hope they show up next game.

Go to the games or dont complain.

The Boar War

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 07:35:42 pm »

That’s because LSU fans never booed Les Miles and Aggie fans never booed Sumlin both with winning records when they were fired?  Surely the fans had nothing to do with their departures. If I remember correctly the LSU fans were mostly gone from their stadium in the fourth quarter when we handed them a butt whipping three years ago.

Exactly.  LSU fan would be going bat shite crazy right now if they were blown out by NT.

Wooderson

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 07:38:35 pm »

Wait until deer season.  Sub 30k is possible.

ThundrHawg

• Varsity
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 07:39:11 pm »

The fans were the only ones who showed up and did what they were supposed to yesterday. The FSU coach apologized for the product they put on the field yesterday and said the fans has every right to boo, they would do better. We should have hired someone with that mentality.

Jonbo

• Varsity
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 07:41:57 pm »

It's only an issue, at all, because a player or 2 made it one. That's the first time I've known that to happen in all my years of following sports.

redneckfriend

• Senior
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2018, 08:26:57 pm »

Oh. I quite disagree with that. This is the situation: this team is a shambles; the quarterbacks so far have been at best inept (you had a 5'11" (maybe but probably not that tall) kid throwing sidearm off his back foot making our 4* quarterbacks look more like 2*s on Saturday); the defense seemed unable to stop a Conference USA team from imposing its will; there was no running game; this coach was hired, apparently, at the behest of Jerry Jones.

All of the SEC schools surely have their PsTB but, Arkansas, a small state where what matters is who you know, is likely worse than most. The fan base has really two choices here to make themselves heard. The best choice, i.e. the most effective choice, to get the attention of the power brokers, is to not show up. That goes against the grain of some of the more loyal who don't take the long term view but it is the most certain way to make sure that a message is being sent: "make it better- no more screwing around, no more "money talks", no more doing a favor for a big donor-find a coach who can recruit at the SEC level and who understands the SEC game and hire that coach- end of story".

The other way to be heard, literally, is to boo the product on the field. That is also effective, if harsh. It is right out front for everyone, including those casually watching on TV, to see and it is a very expressive measure of fan unhappiness with what is being done behind closed doors and with the final integration of all of those decisions exhibited on Saturday. It is also the most immediately and emotionally satisfying way to express displeasure. It is a message to those who run the show and it is intended to be a tough message because other ways of expressing it haven't worked. The players won't like it but then those who come to watch and who pay the freight don't like the effort being made. The players are presumably people who think highly of themselves- they should understand that life is hard, if you choose to perform on the big stage you better be ready-you had better show your readiness in practice and in attitude. The recruits won't like it but if they are just more of the same who really cares. The coach won't like it but WTH- he makes millions a year. The ultimate point of booing however isn't to insult players or discourage recruits but to make a point to those who have the power to make changes to something that matters a lot to many. It isn't pretty and it isn't nice but it is the clearest expression of the state of mind of those who are most important in the end- the fans.

Lanlord

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2018, 06:50:15 am »

Folks talk about there not being the right leadership in the program.  We fans don't have the opportunity to coach or to play; all we can do is be the best fans we can be and show support for the team in constructive ways.  It may be that where we are lacking in leadership most is among our fans. FANONTHEHILL has spoken of an incident last season where the behavior of bad fans cost us quality recruits.  At the present it seems to me that some of we fans are dumb and dumber -- even dumber than any classic Aggie ever was.

Sure hope that hind tit on this hog tastes good to you whiners and boo-ers.  Keep it up and you will be able to continue sucking there forevermore.

Tazor

Booing looks so much worse than having banners towed behind airplanes.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas