• 9,880,242 Posts
• 398,142 Topics
• 22,800 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Iím more embarrassed by our fans than our performance  (Read 3258 times)

bondhue

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Iím more embarrassed by our fans than our performance
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2018, 12:32:11 pm »

My daughter was embarrassed to even be there in the 2nd half because of our own fan base.
Different people are embarrassed by different things.

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2018, 12:32:56 pm »

Serious question (not that anyone will care to answer), do I need to go ahead and cancel my YouTube TV free month trial?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

jkstock04

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2018, 12:33:23 pm »

Nothing embarrasses me anymore.  Not the fans, not the team.  The fans have always been feisty like this...I mean, the booing is kinda sad but we're always quick to talk some poo if we don't like what we see.  And the team?  LOL, we've sucked for 6 years.  What else is new?  You gotta learn to just not care.  There is no other option at this point.
Probably the best advice. If you can somehow not care or not get emotionally attached to the team when they suck...while at the same time take in the excitement or positives with glee that would be optimal.

247Hog

• Senior
  • Regular Sized Rudy Calling the Hogs
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2018, 12:36:32 pm »

I live in reality so Iíll continue to do that. Anyoneís ticket can be replaced by a real man or woman or family who supports the university. My daughter was embarrassed to even be there in the 2nd half because of our own fan base.

So you're saying we should accept what we get no matter what right? No wonder why we have all the media people tell us to shut up and accept being ** every year and like it. Our own fans think we deserve to bottom of the barrel in football AND want us to be thankful for it!

This wasn't a whooping from a team like Alabama or Georgia...IT WAS NORTH FRICKIN TEXAS!

checkraiser88

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2018, 12:40:02 pm »

So you're saying we should accept what we get no matter what right? No wonder why we have all the media people tell us to shut up and accept being ** every year and like it. Our own fans think we deserve to bottom of the barrel in football AND want us to be thankful for it!

This wasn't a whooping from a team like Alabama or Georgia...IT WAS NORTH FRICKIN TEXAS!

I can argue that North Texas will go undefeated, Vegas had their over/under at 10

Billy Bats

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2018, 12:41:34 pm »

They'll be as good as Toledo was when they beat us at home under the last goober.

Bebop

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2018, 12:45:20 pm »

Coach getting out coached to a lesser team + players quitting + people spending time and money to watch this unfold= booing, especially when one of the main culprits in our beat down was being trotted out there again as QB.

247Hog

• Senior
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2018, 12:46:45 pm »

I can argue that North Texas will go undefeated, Vegas had their over/under at 10

Do they play in the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, Pac 10 or ACC?

247Hog

• Senior
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2018, 12:47:33 pm »

They'll be as good as Toledo was when they beat us at home under the last goober.

SMH

So many comments come to mind but i'm not going to get myself frustrated anymore than i am.

checkraiser88

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2018, 12:49:41 pm »

Do they play in the Big 10, Big 12, SEC, Pac 10 or ACC?

No? Youíre saying a 11-1/12-0 non power 5 teams arenít very good? Go back and look at past games not only on our end, but in college football. Auburn lost to one last year after beating Bama and Georgia

WilsonHog

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2018, 12:50:55 pm »

We havenít seen ďworstĒ yet. Thatís coming.

Billy Bats

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2018, 12:51:38 pm »

SMH

So many comments come to mind but i'm not going to get myself frustrated anymore than i am.

Why are you so frustrated?  We have sucked for a long time.  This isn't anything new. 

The 2015 Toledo team is comparable to the 2018 UNT squad.   

Tick Hog

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2018, 12:57:20 pm »

This is the truest thing said here yet. However and I could be way wrong but I would doubt there will be much more booing. Most of that was probably the people holding on to hope that we can be a decent football team this year and letting that frustration out. Now most if not everyone should better understand just how dire the situation has become and the booing will stop but so will the caring.

tomahawkhog

• Senior
  • How 'Bout Them Cowboys!
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2018, 01:21:23 pm »

Nah, I think thereís plenty of people that can buy tickets to replace the ones that light Qbís cars on fire or boo when they take the field, as I said in OP

44k people were in attendance yesterday. Let that sink in. It will only get worse attendance wise this year.

HuntsvilleHawgFan

« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2018, 01:34:28 pm »

44k people were in attendance yesterday. Let that sink in. It will only get worse attendance wise this year.
44k at the start of the game

my guess would be 30k at the start of the third quarter, maybe 15k at the start of the 4th quarter, and maybe 3k at the end of the game.   

Ramtough

• Senior
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2018, 03:07:16 pm »

Their only reason for booing is because they payed for a ticket or donated money. I see why we lose in state recruits every year no matter who the coaches are. They got their own lives to live, they donít owe us as fans anything. Donít give up guys, the power and greed of some are showing but I hope the seniors finish up strong. To the seniors, thank you for choosing the university of Arkansas. I think the future generation of hog fans will have a lot more to offer. Not lighting cars on fire or booing because you drove all day to the stadium to witness a beat down.
Not enough people booing is how we got in this mess you idiots!! I donít think the next generation will do anything but set on their hands and play on their cell phones! They donít watch the games anyway.

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2018, 03:09:38 pm »

May our future kids and razorbacks forgive us. To the players, Iím sorry guys, to the coaches, Iím sorry our fan base is ignorant and doesnít know what a rebuild is. You guys take your 4 years

Lou Holtz did it year one.....  smoke that bub....

CoachVisor

« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2018, 03:30:26 pm »

This is the truest thing said here yet. However and I could be way wrong but I would doubt there will be much more booing. Most of that was probably the people holding on to hope that we can be a decent football team this year and letting that frustration out. Now most if not everyone should better understand just how dire the situation has become and the booing will stop but so will the caring.

EXACTLY!!!!

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2018, 03:32:45 pm »

I think most Razorback fans simply expect that our players will give maximum effort and play fundamentally sound, smart football for four quarters. If we lose and do that, so be it.

We didn't do that yesterday.

This is exactly how most people I know feel.

Dr Carl aka Shorthog

• Hogvillian
  • Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2018, 03:32:50 pm »

Lol so we donít need to give scholarships unless they win? Iím glad you donít run things, out program would be even more of a dumpster fire than it is right now
Well only those best players with athletic talent get a scholarship. And it can be taken because if Iím not mistaken itís renewed yearly.

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2018, 03:33:40 pm »

Why would anyone want to go up there to spend money to get out in the heat and watch that when they could sit in the living room in the AC and fire up the grill on the back patio? Not a shocking turnout at all. This is where we are as a program...harsh reality.

That's each and every game if that's your rationale.  Where we are as a program, is about to get a LOT worse before it gets better, if the fans completely disengage as you're suggesting.  Maybe that doesn't matter to you, which is fine.   

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2018, 03:33:41 pm »

We haven’t seen “worst” yet. That’s coming.

I think this is too true.

Matt Ryan

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2018, 03:34:14 pm »

I mean I don't like the booing either but you can't possibly blame people for being pissed about how What is happening

HiggiePiggy

• Hope...
« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2018, 03:35:44 pm »

The worst is when we canít fill up half the stadium.

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2018, 03:39:36 pm »

You and several others are on this thread with nothing but negativity and "I don't care anymore, and neither should anyone else, until things get better." 

If that's YOUR mantra, and you think that's the best approach, then isn't easy to see why the players might adopt the same attitude? 

Flip what you're saying around, and I would LOVE to hear you give a cogent argument for what your answer is.  Is it fire the coach now, and hope you find a better one that the players will play hard for?  Is it play all the underclassmen, and kick off anyone that didn't give 100% effort in this game? 

What is your solution?  I would like to hear how you think NOT SHOWING UP and not supporting the players, and NOT CARING is going to solve anything.

In fact, I challenge anyone to answer that.  We are where we are, and you can't change that.  We STINK...BAD.  I just don't understand what you think arre the options that are better than continuing to support the team, and show the potential recruits that we STILL support the team, and seeing if we can improve. 

If you legitimately don't care, then I wonder why some of you are still spending your time on Hogville.  I guess it's just to bitch and moan without gracing us with an awesome solution for the situation. 

SemperFi

• All-American Hogvillian
  • FIRE CHAD MORRIS!
« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2018, 03:41:01 pm »

Lol so we donít need to give scholarships unless they win? Iím glad you donít run things, out program would be even more of a dumpster fire than it is right now

I generally like what I see from your postings, however I completely disagree with your assessment here. You sound like they deserve a participation trophy because they showed up. These kids get treated better than the average student and have the opportunity to get a free education because of their athletic abilities. I watched the game on TV mostly because I now live in Savannah, Georgia due to work, and I heard the booing too. However, I do think that it was the coaches that the fans were booing. The coaches deserve the lion share of the blame for their inability to perform their jobs despite the huge salaries that they get paid. I have no sympathy for Morris and wish that I had never heard his name. The guy and his coaching staff are all hacks in my opinion.

Redhogs

« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2018, 03:45:29 pm »

No? Youíre saying a 11-1/12-0 non power 5 teams arenít very good? Go back and look at past games not only on our end, but in college football. Auburn lost to one last year after beating Bama and Georgia
Good God...you will say anything to justify failure......sick.

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2018, 03:46:32 pm »

I generally like what I see from your postings, however I completely disagree with your assessment here. You sound like they deserve a participation trophy because they showed up. These kids get treated better than the average student and have the opportunity to get a free education because of their athletic abilities. I watched the game on TV mostly because I now live in Savannah, Georgia due to work, and I heard the booing too. However, I do think that it was the coaches that the fans were booing. The coaches deserve the lion share of the blame for their inability to perform their jobs despite the huge salaries that they get paid. I have no sympathy for Morris and wish that I had never heard his name. The guy and his coaching staff are all hacks in my opinion.

Or...maybe there's an underlying theme of players who are there on the dole, don't like the extra effort that CCM is demanding of them versus what the previous staff had, and there's a pervasive negative attitude that he's having a hard time getting changed. 

If that's the case, then what is he supposed to do?  He has to get his players in here, ferret out those who don't want to give 100% effort, and get things going in the right direction, right?

Hey, I don't know if CCM and his staff is the answer or not.  I'd lean to questionable for sure, based on how bad we have looked to this point.  But...what options does the UA have?  Obviously the fans can stop showing up, and show their displeasure, but three games in, I don't know how that would send anything but a horrible message if we let him go. 

Next coaching search call..."Yeah, we'd love to have you come see if you can get this turned around."  "Uh...no thanks.  You've got some players there with bad attitudes giving poor effort, and you just canned your coach after three games.  No WAY IN HELL I'm hitching my wagon to those horses.  Good luck."   

Ramtough

• Senior
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2018, 03:46:38 pm »

What we saw yesterday is childís play compared to what this program is about to experience boys!! You are watching one of the worst teams in Razorback history!

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2018, 03:49:36 pm »

Good God...you will say anything to justify failure......sick.

You're always one of the first ones to start tying the noose and spreading your displeasure. 

Care to enlighten us on how YOU would handle the situation if you were the HC, or UA Admininstration/Foundation? 

EVEN if hiring CCM was a mistake, aren't we trapped for a bit here?  The way I see it, the players have to either establish some pride and try harder, or CCM just needs to play the kids who will, even if we look like Ned and the First Reader. 

seasonhog

• Hogvillian
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2018, 03:52:08 pm »

You live in reality?

Once again, it's amazing to me how people blame the fans for the current predicament of the program.

Lots of fans has seen this coming for several years, this has been brought on by several bad decisions by those in charge.

Redhogs

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2018, 04:26:01 pm »

You're always one of the first ones to start tying the noose and spreading your displeasure. 

Care to enlighten us on how YOU would handle the situation if you were the HC, or UA Admininstration/Foundation? 

EVEN if hiring CCM was a mistake, aren't we trapped for a bit here?  The way I see it, the players have to either establish some pride and try harder, or CCM just needs to play the kids who will, even if we look like Ned and the First Reader. ...
Oh...ok, have never once said CCM would get fired after 2 games....I have said I don't think he is the guy to change the culture here and stand by that. .....He can't be fired after 2 games for numerous common sense reasons....as to what to do with the guy, right or wrong, I wanted to hire Norvell...so I don't have an answer other than he would never be here if it had been up to me, which it certainly was not. And yes we are trapped, and allot who care about the program resent it. And by the way, to blame the fans for any of this disaster is the real joke, all they have done is pay the bills and eat the crap sandwich for the last 6+ years.

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2018, 04:45:17 pm »

Oh...ok, have never once said CCM would get fired after 2 games....I have said I don't think he is the guy to change the culture here and stand by that. .....He can't be fired after 2 games for numerous common sense reasons....as to what to do with the guy, right or wrong, I wanted to hire Norvell...so I don't have an answer other than he would never be here if it had been up to me, which it certainly was not. And yes we are trapped, and allot who care about the program resent it. And by the way, to blame the fans for any of this disaster is the real joke, all they have done is pay the bills and eat the crap sandwich for the last 6+ years.

I didn't want CBB, and I didn't want CCM either.  I wanted Malzahn, and on the most recent one I wanted Venables first, and Norvell second.  CCM wasn't even on my radar.  So what?  Why does that change anything?  I've been watching the same crap show for 6 years that you've watched. 

Booing and bailing on the team and coaches at this point, solves nothing.  Your post basically says the fans aren't to blame for anything bad that has gone wrong.  Where did I say they were? 

Can you imagine a scenario where it gets so bad that the few fans that do show up, boo at the top of their lungs when the players run through the A before the game? 

Let me ask you this....if we start to see crowds of 30K fans, and the UA administration decides to appease the fans and can CCM, then what makes you think the Administration will open up the checkbook to pay for a high level coach if half of the stands are empty?  What would pay for his salary?  WHY would they think recruiting would EVER get to a point that we would be competitive again? 

I don't profess to have the answers to our current predicament.  However, I'm confident that booing isn't the answer. 

Redhogs

« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2018, 05:31:27 pm »

I didn't want CBB, and I didn't want CCM either.  I wanted Malzahn, and on the most recent one I wanted Venables first, and Norvell second.  CCM wasn't even on my radar.  So what?  Why does that change anything?  I've been watching the same crap show for 6 years that you've watched. 

Booing and bailing on the team and coaches at this point, solves nothing.  Your post basically says the fans aren't to blame for anything bad that has gone wrong.  Where did I say they were? 

Can you imagine a scenario where it gets so bad that the few fans that do show up, boo at the top of their lungs when the players run through the A before the game? 

Let me ask you this....if we start to see crowds of 30K fans, and the UA administration decides to appease the fans and can CCM, then what makes you think the Administration will open up the checkbook to pay for a high level coach if half of the stands are empty?  What would pay for his salary?  WHY would they think recruiting would EVER get to a point that we would be competitive again? 

I don't profess to have the answers to our current predicament.  However, I'm confident that booing isn't the answer.
And where in the hell did I ever support booing...I have not, in fact I have said I don't do it.  I complain  on Hogville...that's what it's for....other than withholding my money and apathy, most of us fans are out of options.

Hawginj

« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2018, 05:37:10 pm »

I'll boo the refs, I'll boo bad calls l'll boo the opposing team when they first come on the field, but I will never boo the kids with a hog on thier helmet.

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2018, 06:25:07 pm »

And where in the hell did I ever support booing...I have not, in fact I have said I don't do it.  I complain  on Hogville...that's what it's for....other than withholding my money and apathy, most of us fans are out of options.

At this point...as fans, I'm not sure what we do either.  In my head, I see the scene from "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?" 

"Da#$....we're in a tight spot." 

I do feel like it's at least a little bit funny that our fans were on this very board taking shots at the "experts" for predicting us to have some very hard times this season, and defending our coaches and players' abilities, and how we were being underestimated. 

FFWD three games, and fans are booing our own coaches and team.     

MTBrookHog

• Senior
  • Earl Campbell saying this is gonna hurt.
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2018, 07:14:46 pm »

That will come when our fans finally realize we are not the best team in the state.

hobhog

« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2018, 07:36:53 pm »

Their only reason for booing is because they payed for a ticket or donated money. I see why we lose in state recruits every year no matter who the coaches are. They got their own lives to live, they donít owe us as fans anything. Donít give up guys, the power and greed of some are showing but I hope the seniors finish up strong. To the seniors, thank you for choosing the university of Arkansas. I think the future generation of hog fans will have a lot more to offer. Not lighting cars on fire or booing because you drove all day to the stadium to witness a beat down.

Another "I wasn't there but ones that were there suck!"

Go to games or don't complain.

DeltaBoy

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm Un-Reconstructed. Sic semper tyrannis
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2018, 07:40:48 pm »

I am more surprised you feel your the Hogville Fan Police to call other fans out! Cause Buster your Not!

007 License To Squeal

• Global Moderator
  • Fmr USAF Combat Crew Titan II Launch Crew Member
« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2018, 07:44:42 pm »

The only snowflake are the people that think these student athletes or coaches owe them anything.
Would the program exist without fans?

checkraiser88

« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2018, 07:50:53 pm »

I am more surprised you feel your the Hogville Fan Police to call other fans out! Cause Buster your Not!

I wasnít trying to be delta. Iím saying thereís a difference between regular booing and booing when our QB takes the field. I understand why the players called it out. Thatís just my take, sorry if you donít agree. Iím far from Hogville police, believe me

hawgon

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2018, 07:52:19 pm »

I wasnít trying to be delta. Iím saying thereís a difference between regular booing and booing when our QB takes the field. I understand why the players called it out. Thatís just my take, sorry if you donít agree. Iím far from Hogville police, believe me

Booing is literally the absolute last thing they should be worrying about.

checkraiser88

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2018, 07:53:45 pm »

Booing is literally the absolute last thing they should be worrying about.

The players were asked about it directly by a reporter. I forget which one. They didnít openly make statements about it, but if you think itís bad PR then thatís fine.

hobhog

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2018, 07:55:34 pm »

I was there. The feeling was Morris needed to make a change like he has all season, and then when Cole was obviously off his game he just left him out there. 3 picks and SEVERAL missed throws. The boos were at the coach. Don't like it either but was there and understand frustration. Play calling questionable all day and it was a hot boring day.

urkillnmesmalls

« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2018, 08:01:46 pm »

I was there. The feeling was Morris needed to make a change like he has all season, and then when Cole was obviously off his game he just left him out there. 3 picks and SEVERAL missed throws. The boos were at the coach. Don't like it either but was there and understand frustration. Play calling questionable all day and it was a hot boring day.

All week long, the narrative was that CCM needed to pick a QB and stick with him, and let him learn through trial and error.  Storey threw some darts to the defense last week, and Hogville roasted him and said he didn't have a strong enough arm and CCM should roll with Kelley, because he has the most upside. 

But now...CCM is a bonehead for leaving CK in there?   ???

If the fans are going to boo at every frustration, then we're just going to hear one long chorus of boos in every SEC game for the remainder of the season, because we're going to lose every single one of them, and some will be epic blowouts unless something changes quickly, or the other coaches feel sorry for CCM. 

PossumFan

• Senior
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2018, 08:04:16 pm »

College is supposed to prepare students for the real world, is it not? Well, in the real world, when you fail you don't get a lot of pats on the back and attaboys and "well, at least you tried hard." You might not get booed, per se, but the reaction will be something akin to that -- a message that failure is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. These are not children to be coddled, they are young adults learning life's hard lessons. Man up, Hogs.   

HiggiePiggy

• Hope...
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2018, 08:08:20 pm »

If players are trying to use the fans booing to be able to play like crap then itís time for them to get a realty check and get off the team.  You donít do your job for fans.  You do it for yourself and if you are going to blame others because you arenít performing like you should then that should be the end of your career. 

Hogsmo Kramer

• Giddy Up and pass me a homebrew!!!!!
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2018, 08:10:08 pm »

I personally wouldnít boo, but I understand the sentiment of those that would.

That said we have a soft weak minded team, and some of the fans posting in this thread are the same.

Donít wanna get booed, then donít play down to a level that deserves booing. In case some of the fans or the players have forgotten itís a privilege to play for the Razorbacks and to be a part of our program, or any program for that matter.

You are not owed anything and receive a free education among other things that many fans never received and would have died to have the opportunity for. Most fans would give anything to be afforded the opportunity to be a Razorback so the players should give that privilege the respect if deserves and at least show up and give their all.

If however you donít, then any backlash you receive in boos, lost attendance, etc. youíve earned just like any admiration and cheers you might earn as well.

Itís a two way street and this isnít rec ball, itís big boy football in a big boy conference. Canít take the heat, no one is forcing you to stay.

$outhwesthog

• Varsity
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2018, 08:10:23 pm »

May our future kids and razorbacks forgive us. To the players, Iím sorry guys, to the coaches, Iím sorry our fan base is ignorant and doesnít know what a rebuild is. You guys take your 4 years

We have been rebuilding since the motorcycle crash. At what darn point is enough, enough? I mean seriously you come on a public forum calling the fan base "ignorant" and in the same keyboard stroke say it's wrong or unethical to "boo" a piss poor product us "fans" have been watching over and over! Dont be a hypocrite plain and simple. We all know what a "rebuild" is...isnt that what we have been sold for quite some time now.

DLUXHOG

• It'll feel better when it quits hurtin'
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2018, 08:13:47 pm »

We have been rebuilding since the motorcycle crash. At what darn point is enough, enough? I mean seriously you come on a public forum calling the fan base "ignorant" and in the same keyboard stroke say it's wrong or unethical to "boo" a piss poor product us "fans" have been watching over and over! Dont be a hypocrite plain and simple. We all know what a "rebuild" is...isnt that what we have been sold for quite some time now.

Lou Holtz took a 5-5-1 team to 11-1 and #3 National ranking in year one.....(he never had a losing season during his tenure here either).......  just sayin...  I think it can be done folks....
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas