• 9,969,427 Posts
• 400,286 Topics
• 22,941 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Players mad at the fans???  (Read 3758 times)

synthartist69

• Senior
Players mad at the fans???
« on: September 16, 2018, 09:03:17 am »

Here is my take. The first game, we were adjusting trying to find what works and we won. The second game we were winning by a large margin until our defense got tired, understandable. Then the players see these message boards and probably get slammed all week by fellow students and the media about how bad they suck. They get off to a bad start against NT.. interceptions, the non fair catch run back, etc. Everything starts coming apart. They come out at halftime ready to make a comeback, at least in most of their minds. Then the fans start booing, a massive amount of fans actually. They all heard it, we know that because they talked about it after the game. When that happened it made a lot of them really angry so they just quit. This team is not as bad as what we just witnessed but they are used to losing and quitting... we have seen it time and time again under BB.

SpaHog1986

• Varsity
Re: Players mad at the fans???
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 09:14:07 am »

Here is my take. The first game, we were adjusting trying to find what works and we won. The second game we were winning by a large margin until our defense got tired, understandable. Then the players see these message boards and probably get slammed all week by fellow students and the media about how bad they suck. They get off to a bad start against NT.. interceptions, the non fair catch run back, etc. Everything starts coming apart. They come out at halftime ready to make a comeback, at least in most of their minds. Then the fans start booing, a massive amount of fans actually. They all heard it, we know that because they talked about it after the game. When that happened it made a lot of them really angry so they just quit. This team is not as bad as what we just witnessed but they are used to losing and quitting... we have seen it time and time again under BB.

If that made them quit, then they have zero fight. I blame this on the previous staff.

Fans booed more than likely do to the coaches continuing to roll with a QB that has not played well?

I was not there did they boo any other time then what I heard on TV and that was our first possession of the 2nd half?

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

synthartist69

• Senior
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 09:24:36 am »

If that made them quit, then they have zero fight. I blame this on the previous staff.

Fans booed more than likely do to the coaches continuing to roll with a QB that has not played well?

I was not there did they boo any other time then what I heard on TV and that was our first possession of the 2nd half?
  Well I think the booing was to the coaching staff for putting Kelly back in when he was having a bad game, not at Kelly himself. But all the players hear is booing from the fans when they got back on the field.

toddfromdesarc

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 09:25:52 am »

If they are more worried about some boos than getting their teeth kicked in then they shouldn't be playing.

outlawhogeywells

• Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 09:27:05 am »

As a fan I was upset with the booing. Looks really bad to the outside world and does not set well with recruits

Tony Perkis

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This is the 18th level of the PerkiSystem.
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 09:29:11 am »

Sorry. Fans have every right to be mad with the product that's being presented right now.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Seven of Nine says '69 is closer to 9 than to 7
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2018, 09:30:24 am »

As a fan I was upset with the booing. Looks really bad to the outside world and does not set well with recruits
LSU does it all the time....so does UF   I don't see recruits sprinting away from those two programs...oh, UF beat CSU 48-10 yesterday....how 'bout them apples ?

jkstock04

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2018, 09:34:19 am »

This is a wild take...you are worried about recruiting because of fans actions? I'm not usually surprised by anything, but at least 50% of everyone will agree with this take and I'm floored by it.

Nevermind that the actual football program is in the process of, or arguably has been permanently burnt to the ground. I'm sure recruits are more so worried about the fans acting unhappily about it.

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • #gigantedormido
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 09:36:32 am »

North Texas

DoctorSusscrofa

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 09:38:09 am »

I hope the players chew the fans out. Publicly.

thebignasty

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • I find your lack of faith... disturbing.
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 09:40:07 am »

If they are more worried about some boos than getting their teeth kicked in then they shouldn't be playing.

Its this.

I'm not a fan of the booing, but if the players are all wrapped up in that and not getting their asses handed to them by North Texas, they probably better get used to the booing.

LRHawg

• This too shall pass
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 09:41:54 am »

The seniors did in the press conference. Other than Santos, there was little ownership of their performance.

Tony Perkis

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2018, 09:43:32 am »

Lol. And say what? Playing the victim card after getting your head kicked in by North Texas is absurd.

ZiaHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2018, 09:43:47 am »

Maybe it's because they feel guilty. The players mentioned that are speaking up are also wildly underperforming this year. I kind of agree with some that they're mad about their buddy getting fired. All they're concerned about is how everybody feels. I hope they know that whining about being in a bad spot isnt very uncommon. Getting tough and fighting back for your pride, and to prove others wrong is. That's what they should be doing.

TrueBlue

• "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2018, 09:50:34 am »

Maybe the players that are upset do what everyone else does in todayís hyper-sensitive world. Maybe they will protest, take a knee, march, or have a sit-down strike.

Anything but actually try and play for pride. Smdh

fullfan

• Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net Rocks!
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 09:51:38 am »

It just more proof that college players need to get paid.   They sure have to put up with a lot to continue to play a sport they love.   

DoctorSusscrofa

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2018, 09:53:21 am »

Fans are too privileged. They need a good as* kicking to remind them players are in the arena and the fans just b****.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Seven of Nine says '69 is closer to 9 than to 7
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2018, 09:55:31 am »

It just more proof that college players need to get paid.   They sure have to put up with a lot to continue to play a sport they love.
Players at colleges like the UA get more than their fair share of perks. Do you realize that if you pay football players, Title IX will come rolling in all over the place and the next thing you know the UA is paying it's female soccer goalie 50k per year. Do you really want this ?

jgphillips3

• Life is too short for bad beer.
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2018, 10:00:43 am »

These kids eat up the attention and adoration when itís positive.  This is where they learn the flip side...that not everyone gets a trophy for just trotting out there and stinking up the place.  If they are more upset with fans booing than the absolutely pathetic and unacceptable effort being given by some of their teammates, tough.  Itís time to turn over the roster and cycle out those who arenít 100% on board just like Petrino had to his first year.  Freshmen need to get ready to step up and upper class men who refuse to buy in need to find another school or something else to do on Saturday.  Those who buy in and give it their best will get to be remembered. 

Redhogs

• Time to cruise.
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2018, 10:01:25 am »

This is a wild take...you are worried about recruiting because of fans actions? I'm not usually surprised by anything, but at least 50% of everyone will agree with this take and I'm floored by it.

Nevermind that the actual football program is in the process of, or arguably has been permanently burnt to the ground. I'm sure recruits are more so worried about the fans acting unhappily about it.
Ain't that the truth....you won't recruit your way out of anything going 1-11...no recruit worth having will sign on to that disaster...and who could blame them.

ZiaHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2018, 10:03:25 am »

Fans are too privileged. They need a good as* kicking to remind them players are in the arena and the fans just b****.

Is that you, JRed?

$outhwesthog

• Varsity
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2018, 10:04:57 am »

Get paid? Most are essentially getting "paid" by scholarships.

LAHogfan123

• Senior
  • Hogzilla
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2018, 10:05:32 am »

Maybe the players that are upset do what everyone else does in todayís hyper-sensitive world. Maybe they will protest, take a knee, march, or have a sit-down strike.

Anything but actually try and play for pride. Smdh

Exactly.  This post says it all.  I wish every player would read it and take it to heart.

Swestwill66

• Senior
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2018, 10:05:59 am »

Incentive based pay ?

b501

• Senior
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2018, 10:06:25 am »

It just more proof that college players need to get paid.

well for what its worth, they do get a stipend worth a few thousand $$$

jlhogfan

• Senior
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2018, 10:07:09 am »

Let them be mad, bout time they got mad at something

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2018, 10:08:06 am »

Turn over the roster ASAP

Hawginj

• Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2018, 10:08:18 am »

Without the fans funding the game there would be no arena there would be no game. Some fans are also former players who played until thier opportunity ran out.

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2018, 10:10:52 am »

What is the deal - folks are acting like this is the first time in the history of college football fans have "booed" their own team and coaching staff.
Newsflash - it's not.
It's been going on since forever.

Wish I had a replay of the fans when the Johnson led Miami team blew out the Hogs in WMS.
Or the Texas game where I began to wonder whether Hatfield was going to make off the field after the game- the "boos" reigning down on him were the loudest I've ever heard.

It's probably fans shouldn't do it - BUT it's always happened, will continue to happen and it happens at every school not just Arkansas.

Tony Perkis

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2018, 10:11:25 am »

HAHA! Get out of here.

Dark Helmet Hog

• Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2018, 10:12:36 am »

The seniors did in the press conference. Other than Santos, there was little ownership of their performance.

Then those seniors don't understand what it is to be a Razorback. These snowflakes need to man up. They are playing for the University and its fans and getting a valuable scholarship for that privilege. I'm all for supporting the team but these guys need to find where they left their balls. Oh, I'll still be there watching and supporting every single "stinkin" play but if they expect a participation trophy they aren't getting one.

pigroots

• Senior
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2018, 10:23:13 am »

Let me tell you I was never good enough to be a D1 athlete but I played sports competitively a long time. If I stunk it up as bad as the Hogs stunk it up yesterday I would Boo myself and chew butt of my teammates. Bottom line is that kind of performance for a competitor can never be justifiable. No excuses...the fans didn't play that game and there was virtually nothing to cheer for

DoctorSusscrofa

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2018, 10:23:18 am »

HAHA! Get out of here.
Nope. Fans are crude.

DoctorSusscrofa

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2018, 10:24:38 am »

Without the fans funding the game there would be no arena there would be no game. Some fans are also former players who played until thier opportunity ran out.

Whine and give excuses all you want.

Hawginj

• Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2018, 10:26:00 am »

thats what the players and coaches are doing I'm just pulling my part of the funding.

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2018, 10:29:39 am »

Where was the anger from staff and players at themselves and each other?

I would have hoped to see some fire (some semblance of life) after getting their "butts" kicked like that.

Redhogs

• Time to cruise.
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2018, 10:31:02 am »

Really snowflake...do Alabama, LSU, Auburn, MST, Ohio St, Oklahoma, TCU, Penn St. and on and on and on get paid?....even if they did the results would be the same because it is about pride and being competitive, neither of which this "team" has a clue about.....or you apparently.

Redhogs

• Time to cruise.
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2018, 10:34:06 am »

Nope. Fans are crude.
Bert?  Bert?...is that you..looks like you built it the right way ;) ;) ;)

ZiaHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2018, 10:35:10 am »

Get off your high horse you loser, and stop acting like we're the only sports fans in the country that get agitated when their team looks like it's COMPLETELY GIVEN UP. Fan is short for fanatic, in case you forgot the actual origin of the word. Sports FANATICS have always been FANATIC about their teams. There are a wide spectrum of attitudes in that fan network, but they're fans nonetheless. You can stand and golf clap for them while they get relegated to the C-USA. The rest of us who care will do what this team doesn't do: fight for something we love.

Redhogs

• Time to cruise.
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2018, 10:38:09 am »

Get off your high horse you loser, and stop acting like we're the only sports fans in the country that get agitated when their team looks like it's COMPLETELY GIVEN UP. Fan is short for fanatic, in case you forgot the actual origin of the word. Sports FANATICS have always been FANATIC about their teams. There are a wide spectrum of attitudes in that fan network, but they're fans nonetheless. You can stand and golf clap for them while they get relegated to the C-USA. The rest of us who care will do what this team doesn't do: fight for something we love.
Wish I could give you 50 likes for that. truth.

jjdlc

« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2018, 10:41:24 am »

This, this is the problem, this is the culture that was cultivated by our previous staff.  CBB never really owned his mistakes either.  Its a culture that is going to have to be burned out.  Now, the question is, can CMM be the coach to burn it out.

TheEnemy

• Senior
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2018, 10:46:43 am »

Get paid? Most are essentially getting "paid" by scholarships.

They also get paid a stipend check.  As of 3 years ago it was $500 per month (6th most in SEC)(Tennessee was #1 at $629 per month).

Scholarship + Stipend + Free Books + Free Meals = Not a bad deal.

And also let me point out the meals are pretty good....much better than what most college students are eating.

I think they also get an extra allowance if they live off campus.  I could be wrong but I think they get the cost of campus housing added to the stipend to help pay for off campus housing.

Redhogs

• Time to cruise.
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2018, 10:49:09 am »

This, this is the problem, this is the culture that was cultivated by our previous staff.  CBB never really owned his mistakes either.  Its a culture that is going to have to be burned out.  Now, the question is, can CMM be the coach to burn it out.
almost 10 months in the answer is....no.

online-with-swine

• Blah, Blah, Blah
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2018, 10:50:37 am »

Sounds like you got your [CENSORED] bruised like the players.  I canít believe that the players after getting their ish pushed in by a CUSA team, are pissed about the fans instead of their embarrassment of a performance.  That tells me all I need about the leaders on this team, if one can call them that.

Hawg2afault

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2018, 10:51:18 am »

Weird privilege to write a HUGE "DONATION" every year to the Razorback Foundation and see sorry results like we've seen since we cut CBP loose.

jchill

• Senior
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2018, 10:53:06 am »

Well I think the booing was to the coaching staff for putting Kelly back in when he was having a bad game, not at Kelly himself. But all the players hear is booing from the fans when they got back on the field.

The players need to take notes from Naomi Osaka. The crowd booed during the match and at first, she thought the crowd was booing her, but she gritted her teeth and continued to fight.

Ramtough

• Senior
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2018, 10:54:39 am »

When Storey didnít get the start Saturday the team lost their fire to compete. Game over!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

• Hollywood could coach better than nutt.
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2018, 10:54:51 am »

They may be mad at us but theyíre quitters.
We spend valuable weekends going to games and spend lots of $$$$$ on the football program.
For then to just quit is disgusting.

Tweeter

• Varsity
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2018, 10:55:50 am »

The older players are Mental Midgets.  They have no pride and they donít compete.  Drain the swamp and play the kids that want to compete and keep recruiting your butt off is all you can do

presidenthog

• beer
« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2018, 10:56:13 am »

Im actually happy these seniors who are contributing nothing acceptable is coming after the fans. Last year we had to blame the cosches for their give up. To be pc, and removed bb. Now they are gone. Now they are attacking fans, which allows us fans to put the blame on them for their quit. If they don't like getting boo'd do something about it. If you actually give it your all and maybe win some we won't boo. That simple.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas