• 9,880,800 Posts
• 398,148 Topics
• 22,800 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "Booing To Start A Second Half Will Not Be Our Standard" Jared Cornellius  (Read 6733 times)

Southpaw Hawg

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: "Booing To Start A Second Half Will Not Be Our Standard" Jared Cornellius
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2018, 09:13:59 am »

For those that are saying booing the team is OK and that other fan bases do it. How about this?  Why not be better than the other fan bases?  You want to be better at football on the field, something you donít/canít even control. So why not do your part on something you can control, and be real men and women with some class?

Yayyy.  And while we are at it, letís have team Momís that get them snacks and juice boxes at halftime!  Grow the hell up.  You put in shiz effort and this is what you can expect. Thatís whatís wrong with this team as it is, they have been coddled far too long.

Razorfox

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2018, 09:14:19 am »

And to continue that line of thinking...you all are embarrassed by things like poor play that you arenít involved in directly, but you have no shame for being whiny children that when they donít get their way have to voice their displeasure. One of those is ACTUALLY embarrassing.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Razorfox

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2018, 09:15:12 am »

Yayyy.  And while we are at it, letís have team Momís that get them snacks and juice boxes at halftime!  Grow the hell up.  You put in shiz effort and this is what you can expect. Thatís whatís wrong with this team as it is, they have been coddled far too long.

I am grown up and certainly a more successful person than you. Your self worth is determined by the actions of others.

Razorfox

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2018, 09:16:04 am »

Maybe they are coddled, but itís not your job.

Southpaw Hawg

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2018, 09:16:13 am »

Ok so itís settled.  We are all going to lock arms and sing ďWe are the WorldĒ at the next game so that no one gets their feelings hurt. 

Razorfox

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2018, 09:18:37 am »

Ok so itís settled.  We are all going to lock arms and sing ďWe are the WorldĒ at the next game so that no one gets their feelings hurt.

Hey, feelings need to be hurt sometimes. Just not from unknown random jerkoffs from hundreds of feet away that probably canít control most things in their own lives, so they resort to others to give them a sense of worth.

Law Hawg

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2018, 09:23:11 am »

Maybe they are coddled, but itís not your job.

Iím going to give you two, imperfect scenarios and you tell me which is better: (1) fans actually attending the game and sometimes booing out of frustration or anger as a result of the product in the field, or (2) fans deciding the product on the field isnít even worth getting frustrated or angry about and simply quit coming to games altogether. 

The first one is already happening, and the second one isnít far behind.  Actually, it could be argued the second one has already begun, too, judging from the EIU and UNT crowds.

TrueBlue

• All-American Hogvillian
  • "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up."
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2018, 09:24:32 am »

#FakeNews

Everyone was booing our High School Coach and deservedly so. The team is not prepared, not tough, and they give up too easy. I donít boo at anyone, but the people around me booing where also calling out Morris by name.

I have watched them now twice from the Touchdown Club, touching the ďrockĒ and about to run out on the field. They act like they are going to the dentist or something - there is no ďfireĒ in them at all. They have no pride. As much as I didnít like Petrinoís actions toward our players at times, that looks like that is the type of coach we need. Either a harsh coach like Petrino, or an excellent motivator like Nutt. (Geez, did I just say Nutt? - However, who on here wouldnít love to see some of those years again where we consistently drove LSU crazy and won some games?)

bigpigpimpin

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2018, 09:37:25 am »

I watched and complained the whole game, but "THIS TOO SHALL PASS".
Well, to the other team, over and over again

The Great Hambino

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2018, 09:38:49 am »

Chad Morris earned those boos and that is perfectly fine to do.

Tony Perkis

• This is the 18th level of the PerkiSystem.
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2018, 09:42:03 am »

Fans have every right to boo when they're spending their time and money on a product that is abysmal.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2018, 10:32:05 am »

Audibly booing your team, at home, isn't passionate.  It's an entitled behavior that makes a bad situation worse.

Grow up, or just stop showing up.

This, I agree with. Does the coaching staff deserve to be boo'ed? I'd say so but it still should not be done in a game setting. The players hear it too and I don't blame them for taking it personally. They are just doing what they have been coached or not coached, to do.

Booing doesn't in any way motivate or encourage the team or cause them to look inward and reevaluate their level of effort or commitment. And, it's a childish act by an adult. If you are that level of unhappy, just get up and leave and then write the A.D. or the Chancellor a scathing letter of dissatisfaction with what is going on with the program. Conduct yourself in such a way as you would like for your son or daughter to conduct themselves.

Mellon Collie

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2018, 10:34:46 am »

remember when people used 'but he never beat Alabama' as an excuse to rip Bobby P....

now look at us.

hoglady

« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2018, 10:54:59 am »

#FakeNews

Everyone was booing our High School Coach and deservedly so. The team is not prepared, not tough, and they give up too easy. I don’t boo at anyone, but the people around me booing where also calling out Morris by name.

I have watched them now twice from the Touchdown Club, touching the “rock” and about to run out on the field. They act like they are going to the dentist or something - there is no “fire” in them at all. They have no pride. As much as I didn’t like Petrino’s actions toward our players at times, that looks like that is the type of coach we need. Either a harsh coach like Petrino, or an excellent motivator like Nutt. (Geez, did I just say Nutt? - However, who on here wouldn’t love to see some of those years again where we consistently drove LSU crazy and won some games?)

This is the most confusing thing with Morris.
He comes across as a "fire and brimstone preacher" motivator - and his on field and gameday persona is as far from that as you get.
It's like a split personality - really weird.

WilsonHog

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame Hogvillian
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2018, 11:01:12 am »

Interesting take last night from Joe Serrano, a former Razorback baseball player, on the booing:

ďIf you donít like being booed, tough darn. Ask Derrick Bleeker if he was ever booed in 2012. Guess what? Shut the fans up and get them back on our side. Wins and a trip to the CWS. You arenít gonna get loved just because you wear the uniform. Play better and earn that love!Ē

HogHomer

« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2018, 11:09:10 am »

This, I agree with. Does the coaching staff deserve to be boo'ed? I'd say so but it still should not be done in a game setting. The players hear it too and I don't blame them for taking it personally. They are just doing what they have been coached or not coached, to do.
So the players are coached to give up and have no effort on plays? They are getting a free education to play a game. Something that's going to set them up for life but they want to whine about being held accountable and some pushback from the fans tired of seeing the lack of effort or even pride in the university or the state.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #66 on: September 16, 2018, 11:15:02 am »

So the players are coached to give up and have no effort on plays? They are getting a free education to play a game. Something that's going to set them up for life but they want to whine about being held accountable and some pushback from the fans tired of seeing the lack of effort or even pride in the university or the state.

My full post speaks to that very thing. Players never deserve to be booed. That's my opinion.

Booing doesn't in any way motivate or encourage the team or cause them to look inward and reevaluate their level of effort or commitment. And, it's a childish act by an adult. If you are that level of unhappy, just get up and leave and then write the A.D. or the Chancellor a scathing letter of dissatisfaction with what is going on with the program. Conduct yourself in such a way as you would like for your son or daughter to conduct themselves.

The Kig

• Hogville Heroes
« Reply #67 on: September 16, 2018, 11:18:24 am »

Comical too see the separation of views in this thread.  For those who don't think the crowd should be able to boo a horrible product, what should be done? Cheer or silence? Cheering a bad product suggests it's OK, but everybody gets a medal.  Silence shows apathy and speaks volumes. 

Nothing wrong with a raucous crowd.  I get that these are "kids" but sheesh... grow up.

Law Hawg

« Reply #68 on: September 16, 2018, 11:20:03 am »

So if the coaches canít be booed during a game, should fans show up at practice and do it?  Call and leave a voice mail on the office phone?

HogHomer

« Reply #69 on: September 16, 2018, 11:30:27 am »

My full post speaks to that very thing. Players never deserve to be booed. That's my opinion.
So just give them a juice box and a trophy and tell them they did what they could?

I would like my son or daughter to have accountability or self awareness to realize the cushy situation they are in as a student athelete.

Bacons Rebellion

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2018, 11:32:58 am »

I watched and complained the whole game, but "THIS TOO SHALL PASS".

This too shall pass, but it will probably be an interception or overthrown.

TheEnemy

• Senior
« Reply #71 on: September 16, 2018, 11:33:22 am »

hoglady

« Reply #72 on: September 16, 2018, 11:37:14 am »

They really need to worry if and when those "booing fans" fail to show up
Right now - at least they took the time to go to the game.

We had about 20,000 not show up yesterday who had bought tickets.
62K sold / 44K actual attendance.

The fan apathy for the football program gets worse with every loss.

my3boneheads

« Reply #73 on: September 16, 2018, 11:42:29 am »

Boo, yes. Torch a truck; no.

hogsmash12

« Reply #74 on: September 16, 2018, 11:43:46 am »

why are some of y'all so offending by 'booing'.

its fans voicing their displeasure with a poor product they paid good money to see.

they arent booing the players, they are booing the grown adults within the University Athletic Dept that are responsible for the mess they have to see week in and week out. Coaches/AD/Admins/Boosters all deserve hearty boos for what is happening.

absolutely thank you

S&W

« Reply #75 on: September 16, 2018, 11:58:40 am »

Interesting take last night from Joe Serrano, a former Razorback baseball player, on the booing:

ďIf you donít like being booed, tough darn. Ask Derrick Bleeker if he was ever booed in 2012. Guess what? Shut the fans up and get them back on our side. Wins and a trip to the CWS. You arenít gonna get loved just because you wear the uniform. Play better and earn that love!Ē

Tent Daniel said something similar.  Said he was booed and wanted to make sure that never happened again. Told them to stop bitching about the fans and take some pride in what they do.

Leadbelly

• Varsity
« Reply #76 on: September 16, 2018, 12:00:04 pm »

#FakeNews

Everyone was booing our High School Coach and deservedly so. The team is not prepared, not tough, and they give up too easy. I donít boo at anyone, but the people around me booing where also calling out Morris by name.

I have watched them now twice from the Touchdown Club, touching the ďrockĒ and about to run out on the field. They act like they are going to the dentist or something - there is no ďfireĒ in them at all. They have no pride. As much as I didnít like Petrinoís actions toward our players at times, that looks like that is the type of coach we need. Either a harsh coach like Petrino, or an excellent motivator like Nutt. (Geez, did I just say Nutt? - However, who on here wouldnít love to see some of those years again where we consistently drove LSU crazy and won some games?)

As I was reading this thread, I began to have those same thoughts. We need someone like CBP or Holtz (as Nolan did in BB) to get in someoneís or everyoneís grill and dish out some tough love type coaching! This crap that CBB created has got to go! As Nolan used to say; ďthe bench is a great motivator.Ē
And yes, Nutt was an excellent motivator while being a good players coach. So yes, it can be done more than one way.
I loved the story someone told about Jerry Eckwoods introduction to Lou on the practice field. Eckwood, it seemed, had grown accustomed to just laying or tossing the football down wherever he got tackled during practice so a manager would have to chase it down to spot it. Lou went off on him and ďcoachedĒ him about the proper way to do this by yelling at Eckwood and kicking the ball as far as he could every time Eckwood would bend over to pick it up. Btw he was a 5 star

bacon&eggs

« Reply #77 on: September 16, 2018, 12:20:00 pm »

Booing was a chitty thing to do. If I could, I would boo the fans that did it.

Tony Perkis

• This is the 18th level of the PerkiSystem.
« Reply #78 on: September 16, 2018, 12:23:49 pm »

Booing was a chitty thing to do. If I could, I would boo the fans that did it.
I'd boo you right back.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #79 on: September 16, 2018, 12:24:00 pm »

So just give them a juice box and a trophy and tell them they did what they could?

I would like my son or daughter to have accountability or self awareness to realize the cushy situation they are in as a student athelete.

That's a silly response but you apparently believe that you (or anyone else) are entitled to do anything that you want if you can't control your emotions like an adult. Booing college athletes? Really? Petty.

HogHomer

« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2018, 12:47:52 pm »

That's a silly response but you apparently believe that you (or anyone else) are entitled to do anything that you want if you can't control your emotions like an adult. Booing college athletes? Really? Petty.
I would like effort. I would like pride. I would like to not get our heads stomped in by a mid major. If I see the players who are getting paid to come here, whether you see it that way or not, giving awful effort or flat out give up during a game you better believe I'm going to let them know. But if you'd rather place the blame on the fans and absolve the players from any responsibility go ahead.

thebigshot

• Band Nerd
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2018, 01:26:25 pm »

When Les Miles was the coach at LSU. The fans were booing, Auburn fans booed when Gene was the head coach.

swineology

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2018, 01:27:14 pm »

I was there and I Booed Coach Morris from sec 104 row 5. I directed my displeasure at him and not the kids. I donate so therefore I have a right to display my displeasure with the $hitty product that I saw on the field.

How far the football program has fallen is shameful.

Jonbo

• Varsity
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2018, 01:41:44 pm »

Sorry, folks, I don't see anything wrong with the booing, at all. I do see see something wrong with Jred's snivelling response. First of all, there's always been booing at events where the spectators are given an unacceptable product. It's not like one of the commenters below said, some kind of new thing by "entitled", modern spectators. I'm pretty sure that fans in the say, earlier parts of the 20th century, were a good deal harsher, and players much less entitled, or spoiled, than Jred and others seems to be. What's new is the idea that players and teams that dog it and put out a poor product cannot be held accountable, vocally, by the fans because their poor widdo' feelings might get hurt.

And this leads to my second point. Jred's complaint in front of the world indicates that he, and maybe a good part of the team don't accept responsibility for their own roles in the pitiful current state of Arkansas football. You got booed because you stunk it up, buddy. Stop stinking, or at least show that you're doing your level best to turn it around. A beginning would be to come to the the press conference and apologize to the fans for your performance, to promise that next week you'll run crisper routes, be on the same page with whoever is QB, BLOCK SOMEONE, etc. etc.

luke hawg

• Senior
« Reply #84 on: September 16, 2018, 02:49:43 pm »

Trent Daniel of baseball team twitter set Cornelius straight. He needs to pack his bags and hit the road. Same goes for Ramirez and Froholdt if he doesn't stop snapping the ball on the ground.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #85 on: September 16, 2018, 02:50:17 pm »

This is the most confusing thing with Morris.
He comes across as a "fire and brimstone preacher" motivator - and his on field and gameday persona is as far from that as you get.
It's like a split personality - really weird.

Comes across more like your friendly neighborhood math teacher.  Surprise surprise.

Drphifer

• Walk-On
« Reply #86 on: September 16, 2018, 03:00:35 pm »

In 53 years of being a part of the Arkansas Razorbacks, I have never been more ashamed of our team as I am now. Two games that should have been easy wins turned into games that weíll wish to forget as soon as possible. But, with SEC play beginning next week, Iím afraid this is just the beginning of a season we all will want to forget.
Why Arkansas hired a coach with a losing record is beyond comprehension when there were other coaches available with winning records. For a coach to use the excuse that he inherited players from another coach is ludicrous. Jimbo  Fisher did the same at A&M and look at their team. They came within 2-points of beating the 2nd ranked team in the country and kept them scoreless in the 2nd half...
Arkansas has fired several good coaches because of their continued ďBible BeltĒ mentality. Enough already! Iím a Christian, but I love my Hogs and everyone makes mistakes.
I say fire the Head Coach now and if anything else, hire someone like Les Miles, or his caliber of coaching. Yes the players share a part of the blame also, but the coach is the leader of a team. Iím surprised that Storey didnít walk off the field when he was passed over for a 3rd and 4th string quarterback. I like Jerry Jones, but wonder how much he had to do with his grandson entering the game over a seasoned quarterback.
How will this season impact our recruiting for several years to come? Would you want your Son to come to the Arkansas football program with the program we now have? I wouldnít. Iíd encourage them to stay in the SEC, but go with a program that hires great coaches and has pride in their football program.
I was at Arkansas when we won a National Campionship and fought Texas tooth and nail year after year. We were proud to be Arkansas.

Malvin

• Varsity
« Reply #87 on: September 16, 2018, 03:01:01 pm »

And this leads to my second point. Jred's complaint in front of the world indicates that he, and maybe a good part of the team don't accept responsibility for their own roles in the pitiful current state of Arkansas football. You got booed because you stunk it up, buddy. Stop stinking, or at least show that you're doing your level best to turn it around. A beginning would be to come to the the press conference and apologize to the fans for your performance, to promise that next week you'll run crisper routes, be on the same page with whoever is QB, BLOCK SOMEONE, etc. etc.

100% this, his response tells you all you need to know about the upperclassman on this team.  To make it worse, the 2 seniors next to him didn't call him out right there and then.  No leadership and a culture of entitlement.  It has to stop and it has to stop right now.  I think it's pretty much a given that we probably wont win another game all season.. maybe we beat Tulsa, but the season is done.  Coach should sit these players or kick them off the team.  Given the freshman/sophomores as much playing time as possible in preparation for competing on a spot for next years team.

The culture must change, it has to change.  And the only way you do that is making impactful decisions and removing those from the team who rebel against a winning culture.

Oliver

« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2018, 03:02:58 pm »

If Jared and our team are interested in raising standards, I hope they apply those standards to their performance and effort as well.

hoglady

« Reply #89 on: September 16, 2018, 03:10:39 pm »

Everyone can bash the "booing" fans but you know what they did that a lot of fans didn't.
They cared enough to actually be in the stands in the 3rd quarter.
They made the effort to go to the game, they stayed at half time, they were in their seats in the 3rd quarter.
Kudos to them for that.

I didn't drive up to the game - I sat on my couch and watched the carnage.
A different mindset and different perspective than when you're in the stands watching it live.

roothawg

• Varsity
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2018, 03:48:16 pm »

booing at this point is sad. chad is asking slow weak pro style guys to run his offense. there are a handfull there that can do it ok but the rest arent what will work in his system. this coach will not see mamy wins until the players are in place.

Papawhawg

• Walk-On
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2018, 03:55:10 pm »

I couldnít agree more that the team played pretty bad. Easy to explain though, no oline and no QB. That IS the problem.
Now for those booing....
Would you boo your own son if he was playing? Would you like it if people around you were? The truth is, these players donít know youíre booing the coach. And whether you like it or not, a lot of this isnít the coachís fault.

EastArkHog 47

« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2018, 03:59:09 pm »

Jared Cornellius has caught one pass this year and couldn't field punts, until he ups his performance he shouldn't complain about fans booing. Fans are the ones paying for his education, guess he forgot that.

jlhogfan

« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2018, 04:02:39 pm »

I couldnít agree more that the team played pretty bad. Easy to explain though, no oline and no QB. That IS the problem.
Now for those booing....
Would you boo your own son if he was playing? Would you like it if people around you were? The truth is, these players donít know youíre booing the coach. And whether you like it or not, a lot of this isnít the coachís fault.

No I would not boo my own son, and no I would not like it if others did.  I would still probably boo yesterdays performance though

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2018, 04:15:26 pm »

I couldn't care less if he catches another pass all year after that stunt. If you have such a problem with the fans that showed up to watch you, then maybe you should just quit. Inflammatory comments like the ones made towards the fans have no place at the table.

McKdaddy

« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2018, 04:24:31 pm »

I don't like to see players booed - I don't give a flip if someone boos the coaches.

Rudy Baylor

• We're afraid of STP girls Bluto
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2018, 04:24:55 pm »

Worst thing I saw today was #29, I think munson?
Makes play in the 4th quarter then waves at the fans that are leaving.

I love Derek Munson

plays his heart out - I don't know why he isn't in the lineup more

urkillnmesmalls

• Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #97 on: September 16, 2018, 04:29:09 pm »

Haha...I love it.  At least we have a few posters who are blunt and say we need to fire CCM now, and hire a new coach. 

Who in the heck do you think would be willing to come try to put out this dumpster fire?  Do you not think we have a coach with limited HC experience, and a losing record for a reason?  Coaching the Razorbacks during this era is HARD, and as of our recent hires, it's basically a place where coaching careers come to die. 

But...our fans want to boo and think that's going to help the situation?  Brilliant. 

If our administration doesn't want to pay the money necessary to get a big name coach to leave their successful coaching gig to come here, then fans have every right to be apathetic.  Don't go...pull your support.  Just don't call yourself a fan at that point.  But....booing college kids, or even the coaches coaching them...will never be the solution. 

It's better to show your displeasure by not showing up and at least leaving some doubt in possible recruits mind's that the fans might show up if we start winning again, rather than booing the existing players and coaches.  By all means...if you feel compelled to boo, stay home.  Your support isn't needed. 

Papawhawg

• Walk-On
« Reply #98 on: September 16, 2018, 04:32:33 pm »

I wish Drew Morgan was on this team. I loved the way that dude played.

Ben

• Senior
« Reply #99 on: September 16, 2018, 04:52:29 pm »

The booing was because the decision to keep kelley in. Eventually the fans saw it was going to be different QB, same result. Kelly threw multiple picks, Noland threw a pick. Jones threw a pick 6.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas