• 9,973,030 Posts
• 400,356 Topics
• 22,943 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKING: 2019 juco big Demontay Dixon says Hogs are recruiting him ...  (Read 1212 times)

Kevin McPherson

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

2019 Demontay Dixon (6-9, 205, forward / center, Walters State Community College in Tennessee) confirmed Tuesday that Arkansas has begun recruiting him within the past week, and he said he's "very interested" in the Hogs.

Dixon said he is being recruited by Arkansas assistant coach T.J. Cleveland, and that Cleveland informed him that Arkansas coaches plan to come to Walters State soon for an on-campus visit. Dixon said he does not have a visit to Fayetteville planned at this time.

Dixon is reportedly a skilled and bouncy big, and when asked if that was true he said: "Yes, that's pretty accurate."

"At the next level I will play the 4," Dixon said. "I am an all-around player. I can handle the ball pretty well for a big man and I can run the floor. Also, I can shoot the ball."

Dixon was originally Class of 2018 when he played at Summit High School in Spring Hill, TN, as well as with Team Thad 17U (Under Armour Association circuit) during the grassroots season, but he suffered a labrum injury and had surgery which affected him during his senior season at Summit. Still, he managed to average 18 points, 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks per game.

He signed early (November 2017) with Illinois State. But, Dixon requested a release from his letter of intent in the spring of 2018 and ended up playing a few weekends during the grassroots season with Manimal Elite (KY) 17U on the Adidas Gauntlet circuit as he reopened his recruitment to explore his options. He enrolled at Walters State CC for the 2018-19 season.

Dixon is a freshman qualifier, which means he can sign as soon as the early period in November and have 4 years to play 3. In addition to Arkansas, Dixon said he's heard recently from D1 schools Tennessee State and Morehead State.

Andre Whitehead of HoopSeen.com has this to say about Dixon in November 2017 shortly after Dixon had signed with Illinois State: "Keep an eye out for Demontay Dixon (Summit), who will attend Illinois State in the fall. The 6'9 athletic marvel has a chance to be a special talent if he can stay healthy and continue to emerge skill wise. He is a true late bloomer who has all the necessary tools to be a really nice prospect."

Dixon becomes the latest in a long line of 2019 bigs that Arkansas has evaluated in anticipation of the early departure of sophomore center Daniel Gafford, who is projected to be an NBA Draft lottery pick in 2019.

The linked in-game highlight reel (see below) from Dixon's junior season (January 2017, pre-injury) gives you an idea of his all-around game and bounce ... he matched up against a loaded Hamilton Heights team that featured Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Kentucky, 2018 NBA Draft lottery pick) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWjDm3QNM8c

MakingPlays

Re: BREAKING: 2019 juco big Demontay Dixon says Hogs are recruiting him ...
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 04:46:42 pm »

Interesting that they would be looking for another guy that would essentially go with the 2018 class.  That would put us at 8 guys for that graduating class.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

mbgrulz

Re: BREAKING: 2019 juco big Demontay Dixon says Hogs are recruiting him ...
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 07:56:59 pm »

Maybe youíre right, but with the way transfers happen now, does it make sense anymore to plan 3 or 4 years ahead? To me, you canít really project more than 2 years out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas