• 9,880,332 Posts
• 398,144 Topics
• 22,800 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If Hogs come  (Read 1353 times)

dethnode

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
If Hogs come
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:56:27 pm »

out this weekend, and completely blow North Texas out.  I'm talking 50 to 3 (I know, "that isn't going to happen").  Would that be enough evidence to change your opinions on CCM and his ability to eventually get this team where we want to go?

IMO CCM doesn't need to just win this game, he needs to make a statement with this game.  He need to express that he is pissed off about last week, and that we will not be the team that takes their foot off the throat when we should have the game won...

JaketheSnake

Re: If Hogs come
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 02:27:29 pm »

It’s far too early in the season to write it off like many here want to go ahead and do.  It’s like all the ppl that promised to move out of the country if Trump won.  They are all still here. Ppl moaning now will still be going to most games and still come back here for more on hogville. 

We have no qb and 6/10 OL on our 2 deep have never played a collegiate offensive snap until the past two weeks.  We should have won Saturday.  It sucks.  Is that loss going to be the deciding factor in CCM’s coaching career here?  No.  He’s going to be here 3 years. 

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 02:48:20 pm »

If they win by 1 that will change my opinion.  At this point, margin of victory or spread means nothing.  Just get a W no matter how you get it just get it.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 02:54:34 pm »

No due to the opponent.

Al Boarland

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2018, 03:09:03 pm »

No due to the opponent.

This.  CM will be measured by how his team performs against the competition he faces every season.

LRHawg

• All-American Hogvillian
  • This too shall pass
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 03:40:39 pm »

I think it's a must-win for him, if only for recruiting reasons. Got to get the easier ones this year. I want to see smart playcalling and coaching decisions Saturday. He gets a pass for last week but he had better improve quickly. Year one or not, have to see better coaching.

Unrelated to the team, I want to see fans fill the stadium and get behind the team. I won't be able to make it due to my soon-to-be one year old's birthday party, but I will be rooting the team on from home. Show up and be loud!

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 03:44:18 pm »

out this weekend, and completely blow North Texas out.  I'm talking 50 to 3 (I know, "that isn't going to happen").  Would that be enough evidence to change your opinions on CCM and his ability to eventually get this team where we want to go?

IMO CCM doesn't need to just win this game, he needs to make a statement with this game.  He need to express that he is pissed off about last week, and that we will not be the team that takes their foot off the throat when we should have the game won...

Why does he need to make a statement this game? Is his job in peril?

Please, let's stop with the gross exaggerations. I will be shocked if we see full tilt boogie this year....at all.

And we ain't blowing UNT out by 50-3.

PRJ

twistitup

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 03:44:43 pm »

Title of this thread is misleading

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2018, 03:45:59 pm »

I think it's a must-win for him, if only for recruiting reasons. Got to get the easier ones this year. I want to see smart playcalling and coaching decisions Saturday. He gets a pass for last week but he had better improve quickly. Year one or not, have to see better coaching.

Unrelated to the team, I want to see fans fill the stadium and get behind the team. I won't be able to make it due to my soon-to-be one year old's birthday party, but I will be rooting the team on from home. Show up and be loud!

It's always uplifting to be lectured to fill up the stadium from someone who......says they aren't attending the game.....

Awesome!!!

LMAO.

PRJ

Dtechman

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2018, 07:50:11 pm »

A statement is what I want to see. Don’t let up on the gas against another opponent all year. If we can score 70, do it. It’s the only way for us to be recognized. I’m tired of getting a lead and playing not to lose. Score every chance you can and attack for 4 quarters every game.

Melancholy_Pigg

• Varsity
  • Excuse me, sir. Did you just insult that pig?
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 01:39:24 am »

If we come out and play and win and show improvement, that will be enough for me.  But I am not one of those freaking out over the CS loss anyway.  Colorado is a state with great views, snow bunnies, and the Overlook Hotel in The Shining.  Let's just put that little nightmare behind us and move forward. 

dethnode

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 08:58:11 am »

I think if you lose this game, you stop playing anyone who is graduating this year.  You accept that every game is a probable loss, and use the remainder of the year for one purpose, getting the young guys as much experience as possible, and as a true razorback, look to next year...

tusked

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 09:00:58 am »

I remember a time when the hogs would always name the score against NTS.

Now the hogs worry about winning the game.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

• Gold Hogvillian
  • One tusk over the line sweet Jesus...
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 02:06:03 pm »

This.  CM will be measured by how his team performs against the competition he faces every season.

Translation..?

Hopeful Hog

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 02:26:34 pm »

Title of this thread is misleading

😂😂 bro that's so wrong.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2018, 02:32:56 pm »

It would help, but then it begs the question of consistency. Long term, I'd rather be a team that wins the games it should and loses the games that it should rather than win a game it shouldn't and lose a game it shouldn't. Because then, you know where you stand and where you need to go to improve. Otherwise, it's hard to definitively say whether you got lucky to beat the better team or you just laid an egg in losing to the bad one. Obviously we are dealing with humans and not robots so there will always bee some ebb and flow.

1highhog

• Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat.
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2018, 03:21:38 pm »

I'll just be happy with a win this Saturday.  This team needs it desperately with the torture chamber of games coming up after TSU.  This game Saturday is a toss up game that the Hogs can lose easily, more so than the CS game, I said this before the season started.

hogcards

• The Glimmer Twins
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2018, 03:26:19 pm »

Hogs will win by somewhere in the area of 14-20 points.  However, I'd be happy if we won by merely a TD.  He doesn't have to run it up.

I just don't want to see any more moronic play calling and a lackluster effort from our defensive secondary again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas