• 9,969,919 Posts
• 400,293 Topics
• 22,941 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: what's out there by way of decent clubs to begin again with?  (Read 525 times)

Pulled(PP)pork

what's out there by way of decent clubs to begin again with?
« on: September 10, 2018, 04:47:21 am »

Ive thought of dabbling in the debauchery that is this maddening game, yet again.  A dozen models have come and gone since I last gave a darn, Im sure.  I don't plan to drop a lot of coin to begin with, so, lets leave the latest sticks (that have hit the market) off the suggestion list.

I'm think just a pw, and driver right now, maybe a flat stick to get the feeling back.

Pulled out...

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Seven of Nine says '69 is closer to 9 than to 7
Re: what's out there by way of decent clubs to begin again with?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 12:46:40 am »

Ive thought of dabbling in the debauchery that is this maddening game, yet again.  A dozen models have come and gone since I last gave a darn, Im sure.  I don't plan to drop a lot of coin to begin with, so, lets leave the latest sticks (that have hit the market) off the suggestion list.

I'm think just a pw, and driver right now, maybe a flat stick to get the feeling back.

Pulled out...
Come on PPork, drop some coin out there and get the biggest legal friggn driver possible. The biggest and most forgiving irons on the market and a Scotty Cameron putter. Also, as far as your driver and irons go get a regular shaft but get graphite because they are lighter. Do not get stiff shafts nor limber shafts, just normal. Remember, you get what you pay for so Pulled, pull out the green and get you some expensive stix.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Pulled(PP)pork

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 09:13:43 am »

Come on PPork, drop some coin out there and get the biggest legal friggn driver possible. The biggest and most forgiving irons on the market and a Scotty Cameron putter. Also, as far as your driver and irons go get a regular shaft but get graphite because they are lighter. Do not get stiff shafts nor limber shafts, just normal. Remember, you get what you pay for so Pulled, pull out the green and get you some expensive stix.
tempting as that sounds, I think I'll keep what sanity I have left and pass.  Ironic, when I didn't really have the money, I bought expensive sticks/doodads.  Now, I have no worries about money and don't want to buy yard sale sticks.

PP

Wooderson

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 10:25:50 am »

New Ping driver is coming in Jan/Feb.  You'll be able to pick up the G400 for much cheaper then.  Well worth it.  If you want cheaper than that you should be able to get a G or G30 for dirt cheap.  Can't go wrong with Ping drivers.

oldman1015

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 12:12:18 pm »

Buy fishing equipment.

golf2day

• Hogvillian
  • Giving Eastex a hard-on since 1997
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 12:24:12 pm »

You gotta spend the coin for a Scotty putter with the fat grip. Theyíre responsible for about 90% of the 4 putts that I see. But they sure look sweet.

hawg66

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 02:26:33 pm »

There are still some Calloway XRís out there, irons and drivers. With Calloway releasing their Rogue line the XRís are getting pretty affordable and its nice stuff.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Seven of Nine says '69 is closer to 9 than to 7
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 02:45:10 pm »

You gotta spend the coin for a Scotty putter with the fat grip. Theyíre responsible for about 90% of the 4 putts that I see. But they sure look sweet.
How I used to choose a putter was (1) make sure it's balanced and of good quality, and (2) maybe the most important was the way it looked when you took your stance and put it behind a golf ball on an actual green....if it looks good sitting there on the green behind the ball it gives you a positive feeling and most people hit better putts because of the confidence....not saying you are going to make every putt, but IMO it sure helps

RazorPiggie

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 04:06:54 pm »

Square Twos

golf2day

• Hogvillian
  • Giving Eastex a hard-on since 1997
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 07:13:11 pm »

How I used to choose a putter was (1) make sure it's balanced and of good quality, and (2) maybe the most important was the way it looked when you took your stance and put it behind a golf ball on an actual green....if it looks good sitting there on the green behind the ball it gives you a positive feeling and most people hit better putts because of the confidence....not saying you are going to make every putt, but IMO it sure helps
For me the only things that matter are that the putter has to be cut down to 32 inches and itís gotta have some sentimental value. Iíve been rolling my grandpas Taylormade Rossa since he died. Iíll game it until my dad passes and then Iíll game his Hogan blade putter the rest of my life. I gotta have somebody else to blame when I miss a putt.

majestic

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 08:18:51 pm »

After the round I had today, I'd just about give you my sticks.

kingofdequeen

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 01:17:52 pm »

Pulled(PP)pork

Ex-Trumpet

• Gold Hogvillian
  • When life gives you lemons, get a boob job!
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2018, 04:27:11 pm »

Any Ping irons.  Problem is, you'll never trade them, you just keep buying more.

I have in the arsenal:

Ping Eye 2+no+
Ping i5
Ping i10
Ping Anser
Ping S59
Ping S56

And don't get me started on putters...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas