• 9,925,405 Posts
• 399,216 Topics
• 22,884 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Otis Thoughts on Hurts  (Read 4887 times)

hogfan1981

• Varsity
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Otis Thoughts on Hurts
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2018, 05:28:30 pm »

Nah Bro just read the thread. Weíre set at the position and Hurts doesnít get it done at Bama lol. Iíd like to know what getting it done would be? It doesnít really matter because itís not ever going to happen anyway but yea some of the comments are laughable. I hate Alabama but place Jalen or someone with his same skill set up against anybody we have on campus and itís not even close. I think the OPís question is valid because I donít think we will see Jefferson come in and light things up as a FR in this offense. Iím not sure any FR could. I for one donít think Cole or Ty will be very successful against SEC defenses. That doesnít mean Iím right and I hope Iím wrong. Our younger guys have promise but anyone can go watch the few videos we have of them this fall and see they look like a fish out of water. Too many moving parts and the games too fast for them right now but they will catch on.

Also, regarding our younger guys, I think Noland eventually winds up playing baseball only. Although he is very talented on the football field, he is too talented on the baseball field and would have a great future making lots of money going that route. Not sure when that decision will be made, but if those advising him are very smart, that would be the direction they would advise him to take.

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2018, 05:28:48 pm »

God help us if you are all of a sudden the voice of the boards.  Let me introduce you to a term Liljo - misogynist. Not sure how you 'never insulted' anybody post could be more insulting to the ladies on the board. 

Keep taking the high road though.

Incidentally, I agree with your football response 100%.  No way we take him over any OL transfer.

He has asserted himself really quickly in here as some sort of guru....

PRJ

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Dark Helmet Hog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Now let's see how well you handle it...
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2018, 05:33:26 pm »

Beautiful!!!!

PRJ

Hall of Fame material.

hoglady

« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2018, 06:04:10 pm »

Well, he wouldn't actually transfer until he graduates in December, which would make him immediately eligible, as a graduate transfer, no matter where he goes. Also, if he doesn't win the starting job this year and doesn't play in more than 4 games, he could use this year as a redshirt since he played as a true freshman. That would leave him with 2 years of eligibility wherever he wound up.

Thanks for the explanation.
And I will be shocked if he wins the starting job at Bama.
I thought I read that Tua was taking the first team snaps.

hogfan1981

• Varsity
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2018, 07:09:19 pm »

Thanks for the explanation.
And I will be shocked if he wins the starting job at Bama.
I thought I read that Tua was taking the first team snaps.

You're quite welcome. I agree. I think Tua will win the job because of his arm. I read that, as well.

liljo

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2018, 07:50:18 pm »

He has asserted himself really quickly in here as some sort of guru....

PRJ
My apologies, sincerely, for any offenses caused.

Go Hogs

Tick Hog

« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2018, 10:10:15 pm »

Also, regarding our younger guys, I think Noland eventually winds up playing baseball only. Although he is very talented on the football field, he is too talented on the baseball field and would have a great future making lots of money going that route. Not sure when that decision will be made, but if those advising him are very smart, that would be the direction they would advise him to take.
Iím definitely pulling for the kid regardless of what he decides to do. I think heís a quality athlete thatís not afraid of the competition. Heck Iím just as excited to see what the coaches can do with Cole and Ty because I believe they hang their hat on being able to develop QBís. Regardless of their overall talent levels I know this staff will not continue to ask them to do something they canít over and over and that has me excited.

hogfan1981

• Varsity
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2018, 11:55:19 pm »

Iím definitely pulling for the kid regardless of what he decides to do. I think heís a quality athlete thatís not afraid of the competition. Heck Iím just as excited to see what the coaches can do with Cole and Ty because I believe they hang their hat on being able to develop QBís. Regardless of their overall talent levels I know this staff will not continue to ask them to do something they canít over and over and that has me excited.

I think you are absolutely correct.

Flrazrback

• Varsity
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2018, 11:57:04 pm »

Jalen is a quality quarterback and a fine young man. He runs an offense that is greatly different than Chad Morris will use at Arkansas. That being said, we will not see Mr Hurts in a Hog uniform...

porkrindjimmy

« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2018, 03:35:15 pm »

My apologies, sincerely, for any offenses caused.

Go Hogs

You don't have to apologize to me....

I was just yanking your chain.

You bring good takes to the board, keep dealing them out.

PRJ

bigred223

• Hogvillian
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2018, 03:49:57 pm »

It won't happen but Hurts would do great in Morris' system in my opinion. Dude is an unbelievably gifted runner and can pass well enough.

Al Boarland

• All-American Hogvillian
« Reply #61 on: August 15, 2018, 06:15:17 pm »

Nah Bro just read the thread. Weíre set at the position and Hurts doesnít get it done at Bama lol. Iíd like to know what getting it done would be? It doesnít really matter because itís not ever going to happen anyway but yea some of the comments are laughable. I hate Alabama but place Jalen or someone with his same skill set up against anybody we have on campus and itís not even close. I think the OPís question is valid because I donít think we will see Jefferson come in and light things up as a FR in this offense. Iím not sure any FR could. I for one donít think Cole or Ty will be very successful against SEC defenses. That doesnít mean Iím right and I hope Iím wrong. Our younger guys have promise but anyone can go watch the few videos we have of them this fall and see they look like a fish out of water. Too many moving parts and the games too fast for them right now but they will catch on.

Great post. Jalen would be an upgrade. All the posters bagging on him would be singing his praises as soon as they found out he was transferring.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas