• 396,329 Topics
• 22,568 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Most Painful...  (Read 202 times)

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Texarkana's finest adult libation a Perfect Patron
A Most Painful...
« on: August 10, 2018, 04:12:08 pm »

admission. As many of you guys know Rory McIlroy is my favorite player and there's not even a close second. So it pains me to watch Rory these days. The guy bombs tee shots like no one else on the PGA tour and has some sort of wedge in his hand after the vast majority of tee shots on par 4's. It's a beautiful thing to watch how a guy of his stature can create such clubhead speed and still hit it on the level spot of his driver. Yet he can no longer go low. Why ?  His once sharp putter has turned into an obvious liability. This is troubling to all McIlroy fans.

Rory's future ?  Unless he gets his approach shots close enough to stuff them in the hole or his putter suddenly turns to gold again, McIlroy will be a guy who most golf historians will summarize in these terms, "What might have been ?". His touch from 150 yards and in is as bad as there is on the tour, may be a tad bit of hyperbole there, but McIlroy's lost his ability to hit it inside 10 feet with his wedge. He'll never fulfill the once great promise his career had having a wedge in hand and dumping it in the trap. Not once or twice, but time after time this happens after he bombs a 370 yard tee shot down the heart of the fairway. Rory is quickly working his way down the list of the world's top players. I despise admitting this but hey, I try to tell it as it is. If not for the endorsement money and purse money on tour Rory would be better served grabbing the needle(with the DeSoto elixir) and hit the long drive circuit. I hope I'm wrong, but I see nothing in McIlroy's game that leads me to believe that he is going to retrieve the glory he once had. And this one hurts even worse, if I'm going to be intellectually honest, I'd say the odds of Rory winning another Major versus Tiger winning another major, I say the odds are slightly in Tiger's favour.

ad: Tiger had his Y.E. Yang and Rory met Captain America in the Ryder Cup and neither of the two have been the same.

Boarcephus

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Houston, hell no we ain't forgettin!!
Re: A Most Painful...
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 04:26:52 pm »

admission. As many of you guys know Rory McIlroy is my favorite player and there's not even a close second. So it pains me to watch Rory these days. The guy bombs tee shots like no one else on the PGA tour and has some sort of wedge in his hand after the vast majority of tee shots on par 4's. It's a beautiful thing to watch how a guy of his stature can create such clubhead speed and still hit it on the level spot of his driver. Yet he can no longer go low. Why ?  His once sharp putter has turned into an obvious liability. This is troubling to all McIlroy fans.

Rory's future ?  Unless he gets his approach shots close enough to stuff them in the hole or his putter suddenly turns to gold again, McIlroy will be a guy who most golf historians will summarize in these terms, "What might have been ?". His touch from 150 yards and in is as bad as there is on the tour, may be a tad bit of hyperbole there, but McIlroy's lost his ability to hit it inside 10 feet with his wedge. He'll never fulfill the once great promise his career had having a wedge in hand and dumping it in the trap. Not once or twice, but time after time this happens after he bombs a 370 yard tee shot down the heart of the fairway. Rory is quickly working his way down the list of the world's top players. I despise admitting this but hey, I try to tell it as it is. If not for the endorsement money and purse money on tour Rory would be better served grabbing the needle(with the DeSoto elixir) and hit the long drive circuit. I hope I'm wrong, but I see nothing in McIlroy's game that leads me to believe that he is going to retrieve the glory he once had. And this one hurts even worse, if I'm going to be intellectually honest, I'd say the odds of Rory winning another Major versus Tiger winning another major, I say the odds are slightly in Tiger's favour.

ad: Tiger had his Y.E. Yang and Rory met Captain America in the Ryder Cup and neither of the two have been the same.

Same here.  The last hole I watched today he was 103 out, middle of the fairway and misses the green the only place you can miss in a trap and I turned it off.  He's been in the final group twice this year and has bombed out.  I think it's mental thing now and doubt has crept in and he'll never be the same.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

GolfNut57

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 05:03:32 pm »

Nice to know I'm not the only one who can routinely split the fairway on 90% of my drives but hit greens in regulation to the tune of 28%. If Rory has that issue I can now rest easy in my own game.  ;)

golf2day

• Hogvillian
  • Giving Eastex a hard-on since 1997
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 07:19:25 pm »

Nice to know I'm not the only one who can routinely split the fairway on 90% of my drives but hit greens in regulation to the tune of 28%. If Rory has that issue I can now rest easy in my own game.  ;)
Itís easy to hit 13/14 when you fly it 190.

I kid, I kid.

Although I do get my butt kicked from time to time by old farts hitting 3w into 365 yd par 4ís.

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • 6/27/18: Just another layer of scar tissue
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 06:53:23 am »

The Curse of Wozniacki.

Iwastherein1969

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Texarkana's finest adult libation a Perfect Patron
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 08:23:20 pm »

The Curse of Wozniacki.
Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy, Sunshine in my eyes can make me miss gimmees and miss greens with a wedge in my hand.  The boy hasn't been the same since he excremented on Caroline. Seriously.

sevenof400

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 01:14:37 pm »

Well, Reed isn't complaining .....

McKdaddy

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 01:40:37 pm »

The boy hasn't been the same since he excremented on Caroline. Seriously.

My take as well.

kingofdequeen

« Reply #8 on: Today at 08:39:57 am »

who really cares he's a ferner.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas