• 396,405 Topics
• 22,588 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Player Highlights: Dwight Stewart and Alex Dillard  (Read 823 times)

Jborohog09

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Love the Wolves and love the Hogs.
Player Highlights: Dwight Stewart and Alex Dillard
« on: August 10, 2018, 02:56:02 pm »

Here are highlight vids of Dwight Stewart and Alex Dillard, enjoy!  These will probably be the last two for a while, but I plan on doing ones for Scotty Thurman, Corey Beck, Clint McDaniel, Brandon Dean, Joe Johnson, and Ronnie Brewer Jr. at some point.

razorback1829

Re: Player Highlights: Dwight Stewart and Alex Dillard
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 08:53:14 pm »

Here are highlight vids of Dwight Stewart and Alex Dillard, enjoy!  These will probably be the last two for a while, but I plan on doing ones for Scotty Thurman, Corey Beck, Clint McDaniel, Brandon Dean, Joe Johnson, and Ronnie Brewer Jr. at some point.

Alex Dillard... the best player Iíve ever seen shoot IN PERSON. Iíve sat there and seen him make 30 in a row normal shot, then switch to the left hand and make 30 more in a row. No exaggeration. Unbelievable shooter.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

pigzwillrise

• WOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 10:31:35 pm »

Very good stuff. Thank you.

liljo

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 11:59:07 pm »

That is outstanding. Thank you for posting. Alex Dillard was an absolute joy to watch, and I've never seen anyone else like him. I remember one game where he scored 16 points in 2 minutes. He was deadly from the Hog snout in!

Alex Chittlen

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 03:03:03 am »

Great stuff.

mykidsdad

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2018, 08:21:37 am »

Was at the Delaware State game. That performance was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in person. Crowd was in disbelief. Incredible!

zebradynasty

• Senior
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 10:13:46 pm »

Dillard had a skill that is almost unheard of on the college level. He could shoot just as good moving to his left as he could moving to his right. Seldom is that skill developed in college.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:12:04 pm by zebradynasty »

Kevin McPherson

• Hogvillian
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2018, 11:35:52 pm »

Dillard had a skill that is almost unheard of on the college level. He should shoot just as good moving to left as he could moving right. Seldom is that skill developed in college.

Al lived in the gym, almost literally live in the gym or on a court. Always in the HPER, and if the HPER was closed, we'd find a playground (school, park, wherever there was a game). Not sure if Nolan knew about it, but Al and Roger Crawford did not care about restrictions and would play anywhere, anytime. Dillard was gifted and driven as a shooter, and he could do a lot more.

Hogimus Prime

• Roll Out
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2018, 10:42:00 am »

Stewart was a unique player.  Really underrated. 6í9Ē 270 you could count on one hand how many dunks he had in his Razorback career, but the dude could shoot and handle the ball like a guard. 

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2018, 05:25:20 pm »

Stewart was a unique player.  Really underrated. 6í9Ē 270 you could count on one hand how many dunks he had in his Razorback career, but the dude could shoot and handle the ball like a guard.
He also rebounded very well against Duke.

masbas3

• Varsity
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2018, 07:02:30 am »

Was at the Delaware State game. That performance was the most amazing thing I have ever seen in person. Crowd was in disbelief. Incredible!

I was at that game as well, and to me, that was the loudest that Bud Walton arena has ever been.  To me, I've never been to a game that equaled what we had in Barnhill, but Bud Walton is a nicer looking arena no doubt, but I don't think opponents fear it like they feared the Barn.

masbas3

• Varsity
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2018, 07:10:11 am »

Al lived in the gym, almost literally live in the gym or on a court. Always in the HPER, and if the HPER was closed, we'd find a playground (school, park, wherever there was a game). Not sure if Nolan knew about it, but Al and Roger Crawford did not care about restrictions and would play anywhere, anytime. Dillard was gifted and driven as a shooter, and he could do a lot more.

Dillard was also the best dunker on that team as well, we've had some gifted dunkers play for the Hogs, Sonny Weems, Brandon Dean, Downtown Tony Brown, Moncrief, but Dillard was right up there.

razorback1829

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2018, 08:27:51 am »

Dillard was also the best dunker on that team as well, we've had some gifted dunkers play for the Hogs, Sonny Weems, Brandon Dean, Downtown Tony Brown, Moncrief, but Dillard was right up there.

Letís not go too far now lol

MGB1229

• Varsity
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2018, 07:56:18 pm »

The cool thing about Al was he would play with anybody that wanted to play.  Super down to earth.  Never forget he had a breakaway and bounced it off the ground (ala Delaware State) but did a 360 off the bounce.  He was something else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas