• 10,016,105 Posts
• 401,477 Topics
• 22,977 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Select Freshman Impress On Day 6 of Fall Camp  (Read 1470 times)

Alyssa Orange

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Select Freshman Impress On Day 6 of Fall Camp
« on: August 09, 2018, 05:29:09 pm »

https://www.nwahomepage.com/sports/pig-trail-nation/select-freshman-impress-on-day-6-of-fall-camp/1357550690

By Otis Kirk:

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – Arkansas practiced for the sixth time this preseason on Thursday with Chad Morris meeting with the media afterward.

Among the topics that Morris discussed was freshmen helping the team this fall. He was asked which freshmen have avoided hitting that six-day wall and are still impressing?

“I think we have a lot of freshmen that have a chance to help us out this year,” Morris said. “It’s really hard to see without just going in and only two days of pads, but some guys have just flashed.”

A freshman who has continuously drawn praise from Morris is defensive back Joseph Foucha, who is from New Orleans McDonogh 35 High School. He has worked at both cornerback and safety. He once again was praised by Morris.

“Right off the top of my head, Joe Foucha,” Morris said. “I mentioned him a few days ago. I think he’s a guy, hands down, has a chance to be special. He really does.”

When Morris arrived at Arkansas, he went to Ashdown and flipped cornerback Ladarrius Bishop to the Hogs from Mississippi State. Bishop has impressed Morris.

“I’ve been pleased with Day Day, LaDarrius Bishop,” Morris said. “He’s done some good things.”

Morris admitted that some of the freshmen did hit a wall today which was the second one in pads and hotter than on Wednesday.

“As I told them, we have to pull them through the knot hole,” Morris said. “We just have to keep pulling. You’re going to make it. You’re going to survive. Just keep pulling. But again, I’ve been pleased with those guys.”

Connor Noland and John Stephen Jones got some additional work at quarterback Thursday.

“We put those freshmen quarterbacks in to see what they can do,” Morris said. “Connor Noland got some reps with the ones and John Stephen (Jones) with the twos. Created a little bit of excitement on the sidelines.”

Arkansas has suffered several injuries in the offensive line. The linemen missing practice has created more reps for Noah Gatlin and Silas Robinson.

“Both of these two offensive linemen, Silas Robinson and Noah Gatlin, these guys are getting a ton of reps in that offensive line,” Morris said. “Whatever the circumstance is, we have some guys out right now that’s forcing these two freshmen, young guys, to get in there and get game-speed reps.

“They have done a really good job. A really good job. And I’ve been very proud of them. Been proud of our older guys kind of nurturing and bringing those guys along, too.”

Morris also talked about one more defender from the freshman class.

“Again, those are some,” Morris said. “I’m pretty sure I probably missed one or two here. Isaiah Nichols. He’s got something. He’s got a lot of fight in him. I love it. He’s a good one that will have a great career here in that defensive line.

“Any time you get two freshmen tangled up out there at practice a little bit, get the spirits flying around and everybody high-fiving, hootin’ and hollerin’, you kind of love it. I’m excited about the freshmen that we brought in.”

The team will hold a closed scrimmage on Saturday which could go a long way to helping set the depth chart.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Re: Select Freshman Impress On Day 6 of Fall Camp
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 05:44:19 pm »

Alyssa trying to steal my work now with her name on it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D The way I write you might now want to put your name on it haha.

It is my story, but joking about Alyssa stealing it. They haven't been able to enter me in system yet so I can put my own stories up. She forgot to change the byline on this and they did on recruiting story this morning too for awhile. It's fine they will get me in system soon. But anyway hope you guys enjoy this.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

flagstaffhog

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 10:53:03 pm »

Appreciate the article.

Go HOGS Go!

RealHog

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 11:11:50 pm »

Great stuff, thanks Otis.

rmcchris

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 11:15:07 pm »

Great stuff. Thanks Otis. What happened to Bumper Pool?  Haven’t seen him mentioned ?

Deep Shoat

• All-American Hogvillian
  • The Artist formerly known as Hong Kong Sooey
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 07:33:30 am »

Great stuff. Thanks Otis. What happened to Bumper Pool?  Haven’t seen him mentioned ?
He is practicing.  But we have a lot of depth at LB and he's still kind of skinny.

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2018, 10:32:47 am »

Alyssa trying to steal my work now with her name on it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D The way I write you might now want to put your name on it haha.

It is my story, but joking about Alyssa stealing it. They haven't been able to enter me in system yet so I can put my own stories up. She forgot to change the byline on this and they did on recruiting story this morning too for awhile. It's fine they will get me in system soon. But anyway hope you guys enjoy this.
Sure, Alyssa...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas