• 396,355 Topics
• 22,570 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a reason people think TAMU won't be much a threat under Jimbo?  (Read 2567 times)

Ben

• Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net

This guy has been to 5 straight major bowls, won 3, made a playoff, and won a national title. He is in a hot bed with fertile recruiting grounds and TAMU is already stocking up on talent in the future since his arrival.

Why do people think Jimbo is going to underachieve at TAMU with his resume and resources? Even more so think they won't be too much a threat for Arkansas? TAMU had a mediocre coach in Sumlin and beat Arkansas all 6 times. Both have new coaches, but Fisher is much more accomplished than Morris.

cityhog

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • THE City
Re: Is there a reason people think TAMU won't be much a threat under Jimbo?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 02:46:10 pm »

wishful thinking is the answer

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

RyanMallettsEgo

• All-American Hogvillian
  • No, no, no, don't think of it as work.
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 02:47:05 pm »

You're about to get lit up, but you're right.

As things stand now, you're right. Will that change? Hopefully.

HOGINTENNESSEE

• Ryan Mallett: "I don't get nervous"
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2018, 02:47:26 pm »

Jimbo ain’t the problem Aggies are going to Aggie

Also the mediocre coach Sumlin had the second best winning percentage of any A&M coach since WW1. (During the 2016 season he at one point had the best winning percentage)

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/11/26/kevin-sumlin-numbers-record-texas-am-actually-impressive-seemed

But on a more objective note. Jimbo’s prostyle system will require more time to implement. In a few years A&M can rise up. I don’t think year 1 and maybe year 2 will match his previous success.

Also FSU is a better job in everyway accept pay and facilities

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2018, 02:49:24 pm »

I think there is a general feeling that he did less with more over the past several seasons.

Since his BCS NC in 2013, his record steadily declined.

Year   Overall   Conf
2014    13-1     8-0
2015    10-3     6-2
2016    10-3     5-3
2017    5-6       3-5    *Resigned

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2018, 02:52:53 pm »

You're about to get lit up, but you're right.

As things stand now, you're right. Will that change? Hopefully.

Competition will be a little better in the SEC as well.  We'll see how he handles that. 

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2018, 02:55:37 pm »

Competition will be a little better in the SEC as well.  We'll see how he handles that.

It for sure will, no question about that.

But to me, Fisher is a better coach than Sumlin.

Sumlin averaged 8.5 wins per year during his time there. If I believe Fisher is a better coach than Sumlin, then I believe he can at least match Sumlin's average wins per year.

Definitely remains to be seen. But at face value, I view Fisher as an upgrade for them.

rljjr

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2018, 02:57:32 pm »

Jimbo is over-rated and over-paid, and the Aggies leveraged their soul for what they think is a sure thing. Sumlin wasn't great, but he did better than people thought, and the Aggies should have been satisfied with his results. It's Texas A&M -- they have had all of the tangibles and intangibles since the beginning but they fail to deliver. The Ags are going to see a huge decline in their success and won't be able to pinpoint why except for coaching. Jimbo is a fraud.

toddfromdesarc

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2018, 03:00:28 pm »

I think there is a general feeling that he did less with more over the past several seasons.

Year   Overall   Conf
2014    13-1     8-0
2015    10-3     6-2
2016    10-3     5-3

I would take that decline any day of the week. They lost their quarterback in the first game last year. Teams they lost to (which included two of the four teams in the CFP) had a winning percentage of .73.

Dwight_K_Shrute

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Follow @fakewallyhall.
    • Missing your favorite thread?  It's probably in Vents and Rumors
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2018, 03:01:42 pm »

I think part of it is that A&M has a history of underachieving in relation to their talent and resources the last couple of decades so people just take for granted that it will continue.

People forget that Bama made a series of mediocre hires before landing Saban.  Also Jimbo's last year was a disaster by FSU standards.

I think some may also say what he did at FSU was no big deal they have always been good. 
Well in Bowden's last 5 years they were 8-5, 7-6, 7-6, 9-4, 7-6.  38-27 over that span.  That is the definition of mired in mediocrity for FSU.

Jimbo's first 5 years at FSU  10-4, 9-4, 12-2, 14-0, 13-1.  58-11.  So he immediately started improving their record and by year 3 had FSU back at or near the top.  So he has experience turning around mediocrity in short order and then building upon that.  His last 3 years at FSU were 9-4, 9-4, 5-6, but we aren't looking at what his 6th year will be like at A&M.  A&M also has vastly superior resources than FSU.

Yes it's more difficult to do that in the SEC than the ACC, but honestly while the overall level of competition might be tougher in the SEC it's not that daunting once you get past Alabama.  Neither Auburn or LSU are consistently dominant and then there is us, OM, and MSU.

Look at their recruiting rankings right now.  Yes Sumlin did well but Jimbo has them at a strong #3 with 25 commits. 

He and A&M should be viewed as a real threat to get to a strong #2 in the division, and be able to at least mount a serious challenge to Bama. 

razorbackfaninar

• Senior
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 03:04:00 pm »

Year   Overall   Conf
2014    13-1     8-0
2015    10-3     6-2
2016    10-3     5-3

I would agree with this and add that even though it is a bit of cliche that they didn't play anybody, but look at their schedule for the lat 5 years. There are a lot of built in wins in those schedules that he isn't going to have at A and M

Hog Fan...DOH!

• Your site for Razorback news.
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 03:08:03 pm »

I think people question the personality fit, and to some degree, the style of play.  You're also getting a coach that's already reached the summit of his coaching arc.   Other than the absolute legends of the game, most guys don't plateau at the top.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2018, 03:11:27 pm »

Jimbo ain’t the problem Aggies are going to Aggie

Also the mediocre coach Sumlin had the second best winning percentage of any A&M coach since WW1. (During the 2016 season he at one point had the best winning percentage)

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/college-sports/collegesports/2017/11/26/kevin-sumlin-numbers-record-texas-am-actually-impressive-seemed

But on a more objective note. Jimbo’s prostyle system will require more time to implement. In a few years A&M can rise up. I don’t think year 1 and maybe year 2 will match his previous success.

Also FSU is a better job in everyway accept pay and facilities

And in what ways are those better ways at FSU? Both are in prime recruiting states and have a solid commitment from alums and boosters. But TAMU has a much larger booster and alum base from where to draw support.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 03:54:25 pm by Inhogswetrust »

liljo

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 03:15:13 pm »

...it's the Aggies, man.

The AGGIES. :puke:

SavoySeamster

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 03:15:51 pm »

Not to hijack this thread, but if Arkansas had the same record Sumlin did while at A&M, would that record have whom ever our coach happened to be at the time fired or asked to resign? But to the question at hand, I think Jimbo is an upgrade. Maybe not immediately, but I think he’ll have them in the hunt.

toddfromdesarc

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2018, 03:17:10 pm »

Y'all mean to tell me there are a grand total of 4 active NC winning head coaches one being Jimbo Fisher and his program, which is in Texas with seemingly unlimited funds, will be a non threat? Heat must be getting to y'all.

hogsfan31

• Senior
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2018, 03:19:18 pm »

Jimbo is over-rated and over-paid, and the Aggies leveraged their soul for what they think is a sure thing. Sumlin wasn't great, but he did better than people thought, and the Aggies should have been satisfied with his results. It's Texas A&M -- they have had all of the tangibles and intangibles since the beginning but they fail to deliver. The Ags are going to see a huge decline in their success and won't be able to pinpoint why except for coaching. Jimbo is a fraud.

Bahaha

A fraud who has won a NC. That’s more than any other NCAA coach outside of 4 other active coaches can say. Some of you people are delusional.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2018, 03:21:28 pm »

If going 83-23, having 6 10+ win seasons in 8 years, and winning a national championship constitutes a fraud, please for the love of God give us a fraud.

hogsfan31

• Senior
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2018, 03:22:27 pm »

If going 83-23, having 6 10+ win seasons in 8 years, and winning a national championship constitutes a fraud, please for the love of God give us a fraud.

This

hogsfan31

• Senior
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2018, 03:27:04 pm »

Some of you can’t see past the Aggies of the Big12, the Aggies of the past. They’re not the same program they were in the Big12. Hate to break it to some of you people. In this 6 years they’ve joined the SEC, they’ve had a better record than we have every year. Yea I know we had Bret. Bret had a chance to come in and do what Sumlin did and he couldn’t. Sumlin wasn’t the best coach, but he wasn’t last in the SEC every year. Their recruiting has been better than ours since they’ve joined the SEC, and they have vastly more money and resources than we do. Fisher will have them in the hunt for the SEC West once he gets them rolling.

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2018, 03:27:43 pm »

I know a coach who was 68-24 with 4 10 win seasons in 7 years. Do you want him back?

Corkscrew Johnson

• Hey Houston, hold onto my rope!!
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2018, 03:29:46 pm »

Some of you can’t see past the Aggies of the Big12, the Aggies of the past. They’re not the same program they were in the Big12. Hate to break it to some of you people. In this 6 years they’ve joined the SEC, they’ve had a better record than we have every year. Yea I know we had Bret. Bret had a chance to come in and do what Sumlin did and he couldn’t. Sumlin wasn’t the best coach, but he wasn’t last in the SEC every year. Their recruiting has been better than ours since they’ve joined the SEC, and they have vastly more money and resources than we do. Fisher will have them in the hunt for the SEC West once he gets them rolling.

Actually, they have been pretty close to the Aggies of the past.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 03:30:03 pm »

Bahaha

A fraud who has won a NC. That’s more than any other NCAA coach outside of 4 other active coaches can say. Some of you people are delusional.

Larry Coker won a NC.  Mack Brown won a NC thanks to VY.  Gene Chizik with Cam.  Some mediocre coaches have won a NC.  I wouldn't call Jimbo a fraud but your laughter is dumb.

Give us FSU's recruiting and advantage over the competition too.  In his NC season, the ACC finished with 3 ranked teams: FSU, Clemson and Duke.  The season before when they went 12-2: 2 ranked teams in FSU and Clemson.  Season before: 3 #23 FSU, #22 Clemson and #21 VT.  FSU is a hard job to not have a gaudy record. 

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2018, 03:30:58 pm »

We heard this with Sumlin too. 

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2018, 03:31:40 pm »

I know a coach who was 68-24 with 4 10 win seasons in 7 years. Do you want him back?

.783 winning percentage > .739 winning percentage

75% of your seasons as 10+ win seasons > 57% of your seasons as 10+ win seasons

1 national championship > a whole lot of other things

Apples to oranges.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 03:33:26 pm »

Larry Coker won a NC.  Mack Brown won a NC thanks to VY.  Gene Chizik with Cam.  Some mediocre coaches have won a NC.  I wouldn't call Jimbo a fraud but your laughter is dumb.

Give us FSU's recruiting and advantage over the competition too. In his NC season, the ACC finished with 3 ranked teams: FSU, Clemson and Duke.  The season before when they went 12-2: 2 ranked teams in FSU and Clemson.  Season before: 3 #23 FSU, #22 Clemson and #21 VT.  FSU is a hard job to not have a gaudy record.

Let's stick to real numbers and not hypotheticals.

Fisher did what he did. Nothing will change that. And if you wouldn't take his numbers here, that's laughable.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 03:38:05 pm »

Fisher did what he did. Nothing will change that. And if you wouldn't take his numbers here, that's laughable.

Nothing hypothetical about the fact FSU outrecruits their ACC competition with a rare exception. A large public university in Florida with lesser academic restrictions playing in a conference full of private colleges and public universities like UVa who emphasize academics and UNC which is a basketball school.  If Taggert doesn't win close to 75% of his games, he will be a major failure there.   

Your last sentence is stupid but is typical as you pretty much go from thread to thread trying to be a smart ass. 

010HogFan

• I Got Dat Wood Coach
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 03:39:53 pm »

Jimbo Fisher owes everything he has to Jameis Winston. Just look at what happened to Florida St when Jameis wasn't around to save him any more. Francois was good, but when he went down at the beginning of the season, the miracle worker himself was out of answers and they tanked. He may be a decent coach, but he's not worth what they are paying him...Having good players can usually make a coach look good. Sumlin looked good when he had Manziel. That's why I initially don't see Jimbo as much of an upgrade at all if you look beyond the surface.

TexHog188

• Touchdown Arkansas!
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 03:39:55 pm »

.783 winning percentage > .739 winning percentage

75% of your seasons as 10+ win seasons > 57% of your seasons as 10+ win seasons

1 national championship > a whole lot of other things

Apples to oranges.

It was actually an apples to apples comparison, you know one coaches record to another..... One is better, but still a direct comparison.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2018, 03:41:48 pm »

Nothing hypothetical about the fact FSU outrecruits their ACC competition with a rare exception. A large public university in Florida with lesser academic restrictions playing in a conference full of private colleges and public universities like UVa who emphasize academics and UNC which is a basketball school.  If Taggert doesn't win close to 75% of his games, he will be a major failure there.   

Your last sentence is stupid but is typical as you pretty much go from thread to thread trying to be a smart ass.

And as it stands right now, he's out-recruiting his SEC competition with the exception of Georgia and Alabama. So yeah.

If presenting numbers and saying "hey, I'd take those numbers here" is being a smartass, then absolutely. I'm a smartass.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2018, 03:43:48 pm »

It was actually an apples to apples comparison, you know one coaches record to another..... One is better, but still a direct comparison.

Comparing Bielema to Jimbo is apples to oranges, because we have evidence of Bielema blowing it after his first stop. We don't have evidence of Jimbo blowing it after his first stop.

Bielema had that record at stop 1 but completely blew it at stop 2.

Jimbo has his record at stop 1 but we don't know what he'll do at stop 2.

If Jimbo blows it at stop 2, your comparison becomes a little more valid. Using Bielema after his time here is using hindsight, and that makes it apples to oranges.

liljo

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2018, 03:44:35 pm »

...and some of you can't see when some of us are kiddin' around a little bit...

Geez, all this love for Jimbo and the Ags--some of you sound like Aggie fans...

Go Hogs.

OF COURSE TAMU will be a threat. Every single SEC team is a threat. All of 'em. I don't even think anyone should just take Vanderbilt for complete granted.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2018, 03:44:52 pm »

And what ways are those better ways FSU is better? Both are in prime recruiting states and have a solid commitment from alums and boosters. But TAMU has a much larger booster and alum base from where to draw support.

The main difference between the two:
Clemson, Louisville, NC St, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Boston College - 2 private colleges with one the smallest of all of P5 programs, a city college whose recruiting base is in Ky and getting leftovers in Florida, basketball and basketball.  One program can compete with them in recruiting and has some winning tradition since integration.

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 03:47:59 pm »

It for sure will, no question about that.

But to me, Fisher is a better coach than Sumlin.

Sumlin averaged 8.5 wins per year during his time there. If I believe Fisher is a better coach than Sumlin, then I believe he can at least match Sumlin's average wins per year.

Definitely remains to be seen. But at face value, I view Fisher as an upgrade for them.

Well Sumlin did luck into having Johnny-Moron, though.  As much as I despised him, he was a helluva football player. 

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2018, 03:54:54 pm »

And as it stands right now, he's out-recruiting his SEC competition with the exception of Georgia and Alabama. So yeah.

If presenting numbers and saying "hey, I'd take those numbers here" is being a smartass, then absolutely. I'm a smartass.

Jimbo's last full class at FSU was 2017.  24-7 ranked it 6th.  His division opponents' classes:

17 Clemson
34 Louisville
53 NC St
54 Syracuse
67 BC
68 Wake

FSU 6th - 4 division opponents outside the top 50

24 7's 2018 ranking:

5 Bama
12 AU
15 LSU
17 A&M
27 MSU
30 OM
48 Hogs with a class of 18

Current 24 7 rankings:

2 Bama
3 A&M
7 LSU
15 OM
16 AU
18 MSU
21 Hogs

All of his division opponents from 2 -21.  Not close to the situation he faced at FSU. 

Lud42

• Bench Warmer
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2018, 03:55:31 pm »

Jimbo is definitely a good coach, but I'm not sure that he is THAT much of an upgrade over Sumlin. If he wins a NC there, then he will have been worth every penny, but things have a way of never working out for the Aggs.

RyanMallettsEgo

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2018, 03:57:34 pm »

Jimbo's last full class at FSU was 2017.  24-7 ranked it 6th.  His division opponents' classes:

17 Clemson
34 Louisville
53 NC St
54 Syracuse
67 BC
68 Wake

FSU 6th - 4 division opponents outside the top 50

24 7's 2018 ranking:

5 Bama
12 AU
15 LSU
17 A&M
27 MSU
30 OM
48 Hogs with a class of 18

Current 24 7 rankings:

2 Bama
3 A&M
7 LSU
15 OM
16 AU
18 MSU
21 Hogs

All of his division opponents from 2 -21.  Not close to the situation he faced at FSU.

I'm not arguing that the SEC West is weaker than the ACC Atlantic. I've already said this isn't the same boat.
But he's got A&M 3rd in recruiting right now. He's still won a national championship. He's not a guy I just see kidding the bed at A&M.

Do you think Sumlin, who averaged 8.5 wins per year, is a better or worse coach than Jimbo?

If you think Jimbo is better, do you not think he could at least average what Sumlin averaged?

If you don't think Jimbo is better, then that's all that needs to be said.

Inhogswetrust

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Guessing is easier than actually trying!
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2018, 03:59:27 pm »

The main difference between the two:
Clemson, Louisville, NC St, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Boston College - 2 private colleges with one the smallest of all of P5 programs, a city college whose recruiting base is in Ky and getting leftovers in Florida, basketball and basketball.  One program can compete with them in recruiting and has some winning tradition since integration.

Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, Miss St, Arkansas

Agree with that. However that’s only one way and not the every way as the poster I was referencing suggested. Actually your one way is probably the only way FSU is better.

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2018, 04:03:02 pm »

Do you think Sumlin, who averaged 8.5 wins per year, is a better or worse coach than Jimbo?

If you think Jimbo is better, do you not think he could at least average what Sumlin averaged?

If you don't think Jimbo is better, then that's all that needs to be said.

I've never been a Sumlin fan.  Thought his finesse football style was bad for a program who can recruit as well as A&M and it ended up softening the program.  Jimbo is a better coach.  I'm not overly impressed by what he did at FSU.  Miami and Florida have both been down.  His only real in conference competition was Clemson.  He rode a Heisman winner to a NC.  That's been done plenty of times.  The depth he'll face in the SEC is much different.  And he has to change the culture and mindset of A&M from the B12 style to something that won't be a disaster for his defenses. 

RT1941

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2018, 04:07:55 pm »

After only 9 months at atm, Jumbo's pulling talent level's comparable to Bama/UGA (solid top 5 classes) - and that's going up against some pretty dang good SEC programs (LSU/Auburn/Florida/UT + the Texas schools.  Not too bad.

twistitup

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2018, 04:09:33 pm »

TAMU is a very easy school to underachieve at....simply because their expectation are so high. They hired one of the 4 active coaches to win an Nat Championship. Why? They want a national championship and if he doesn't win one in 5 years he will be gone.

He is recruiting in a very competitive area. UT is number 3 in the nation currently. Not to mention the 3-4 other TX a schools that are fighting over the same in state kids.

TAMU is a tough job and I think Jimbo leaves for LSU (where he's coached before) in 4-5 years. When a good coach is at LSU they get all the studs from that state - it's a much easier job than TAMU
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 04:33:06 pm by twistitup »

razorbackfaninar

• Senior
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2018, 04:22:29 pm »

Y'all mean to tell me there are a grand total of 4 active NC winning head coaches one being Jimbo Fisher and his program, which is in Texas with seemingly unlimited funds, will be a non threat? Heat must be getting to y'all.

But he's had exactly the same advantage the last several years.  He's been at a program with nearly unlimited funds, able to out recruit everyone in his conference easily and had a much easier schedule.  In the last three years he's gone 6-2, 5-3, 3-5 in conference. I don't think he is a bad coach, nor do I think that A&M is going to stink it up, but I don't think that Fisher is a better coach that Sumlin. I think he will do about what Sumlin did there.  He's been on a steady decline at FSU and I don't see how a move to a tougher conference is going to automatically make him a better coach.  He'll have basically the same talent at Texas as he had at FSU, he'll do fine, but I don't see him winning a national championship there.

HognitiveDissonance

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2018, 04:23:30 pm »

This guy has been to 5 straight major bowls, won 3, made a playoff, and won a national title. He is in a hot bed with fertile recruiting grounds and TAMU is already stocking up on talent in the future since his arrival.

Why do people think Jimbo is going to underachieve at TAMU with his resume and resources? Even more so think they won't be too much a threat for Arkansas? TAMU had a mediocre coach in Sumlin and beat Arkansas all 6 times. Both have new coaches, but Fisher is much more accomplished than Morris.
I don't necessarily agree Fisher is a upgrade over Sumlin.
Sumlin did a good job at A&M. He was a definite upgrade over Mike Sherman.
A&M wants more. Don't we all? That doesn't mean it's going to happen, though.
Sumlin definitely beat our rear ends five years in a row. Of course, Ark and Bielema were finding ways to lose most of those games, but still...
Fisher is a good coach, but some will point out take away one great college QB(Jameis Winston) and the results are not fabulous.

Summary: there is no reason for A&M to throw a Brinks truck at Jimbo Fisher. I maintain the overall results after 5 years will not be much different at all than what Sumlin did.

Ray_29

• Band Nerd
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2018, 04:25:15 pm »

In 2016 I happen to be watching when Florida State played Louisville. Lousville was drubbing them something like 63-17 with less than a minute to go in the game and Florida state had the ball somewhere around the Louisville 15-yard line I believe and it was 4th and 2. Jimbo kicks a field goal and I told a buddy of mine who is a big Florida State fan that if I was the athletic director I would have come out of the stands and fired him on the spot. My buddy said he would be gone soon and the wheels have totally come off the program and there were many things behind the scenes that were going to get him run off. A year later he was correct. He and many other people say Jimbo took the money from someone who was stupid enough to give it to him and will ease into retirement!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:16:37 pm by Ray_29 »

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2018, 04:26:36 pm »

I don't necessarily agree Fisher is a upgrade over Sumlin.
Sumlin did a good job at A&M. He was a definite upgrade over Mike Sherman.
A&M wants more. Don't we all? That doesn't mean it's going to happen, though.
Sumlin definitely beat our rear ends five years in a row. Of course, Ark and Bielema were finding ways to lose most of those games, but still...
Fisher is a good coach, but some will point out take away one great college QB(Jameis Winston) and the results are not fabulous.

Summary: there is no reason for A&M to throw a Brinks truck at Jimbo Fisher. I maintain the overall results after 5 years will not be much different at all than what Sumlin did.

AU and A&M paid up thinking they are positioning themselves for post-Saban.  LSU should be looking for their coach too. 

twistitup

« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2018, 04:34:25 pm »

LSU should be looking for their coach too. 

Jimbo after he gets run out of Coll Station...they will keep Ed O for 3-4 years, about the time A&M gets fed up w Jim bo. LSU is a better job than A&M - easier recruiting, better food

Atlhogfan1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2018, 04:43:44 pm »

We’ve already had a multi-page thread on this subject this summer. 

Sivad

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2018, 04:45:29 pm »

Competition will be a little better in the SEC.
a LOT better.

PharmacistHog

• Global Moderator
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2018, 04:52:14 pm »

Jimbo after he gets run out of Coll Station...they will keep Ed O for 3-4 years, about the time A&M gets fed up w Jim bo. LSU is a better job than A&M - easier recruiting, better food
[/b]

Damn right!

twistitup

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2018, 04:53:37 pm »

We’ve already had a multi-page thread on this subject this summer. 

gotten
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas