• 9,923,204 Posts
• 399,167 Topics
• 22,881 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Montaric Brown  (Read 3557 times)

KateHog

• Bench Warmer
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Montaric Brown
« on: August 07, 2018, 04:24:42 pm »

Can he play?
I understand that we have Curl and Ramirez, but Brown is doing so good. Why not?

Hogfan46

Re: Montaric Brown
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 04:42:23 pm »

He is running with the 2’s. He’ll get plenty of playing time this year.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 04:53:57 pm »

Can he play?
I understand that we have Curl and Ramirez, but Brown is doing so good. Why not?

yes he can play. He is second team right now and had a nice break on ball this morning and if he had held it would have been a pick-6. He can play and should get plenty of opportunities this season. I think he would have played last year had his eligibility not been so delayed etc. It was good they went ahead and redshirted him last year than just waste him on special teams etc.

KateHog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 04:56:35 pm »

Ok guys, thanks!

AirWarren

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 05:38:14 pm »

Montaric and ladarrius. Looking to see some good production from them.

Arkansas Fan

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 06:07:21 pm »

Some of y'all need to calm down about Montaric Brown. Morris said today he's doing well in camp. He will play.

pork in the whiskers

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 06:21:10 pm »

LaDarrius is being used on both sides of the ball...word is he is fastest player we have. I expect big things from he and Buster... talent is there. They now have coaching...big upside.

JIHawg

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 06:22:20 pm »

Thanks for keeping us all in line. 

HogFoo

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 09:33:35 pm »

Ive wondered what happened to Montaric.   did he put on some weight?  it seemed that he was a little undersized if i remember corrrectly.  Had a lot of speed, but needed some weight.   at least, that's what i thought, seemed like he had a slight build.   it's good to see he's in the 2deep.  he was considered a 5* wasnt he? 

TheRazorback500

• It's better to burn out than fade away.
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 10:30:52 pm »

He's listed at 187, and was a four star, according to rivals. Sully featured him on the sports tonight. Coach Morris sounded impressed with him in the PC.

AirWarren

• Uncommonly, Unfinished Business.
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2018, 04:50:55 am »

Some of y'all need to calm down about Montaric Brown. Morris said today he's doing well in camp. He will play.

Man...thanks for bringing me away from the ledge.

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2018, 09:33:12 pm »

Tell me about it. I swear, there have been more new threads asking if he's a bust coming off a redshirt season during their true freshmen year than there were posts in the gruden mega thread.

FraggleHog

• My name is on Senior Walk
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2018, 08:17:48 am »

Morris said Buster almost had a pick 6 in practice the other day... Some of these guys just need a little bit of physical maturity to adjust to the college game. The DBs/Safety's are going to be put on an island in Chief's system. I think we've got some good ones ready to handle that pressure

PonderinHog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs and Go Mike Anderson!
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2018, 03:16:53 pm »

But can he play on the offensive line ???

(Testing)

imtad16

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 03:27:43 pm »

Interesting. Clay Henry says Buster is playing CB. He made a good point that he could actually play more at corner because of his athleticism and when you play safety you have the burden of being in the right place all the time as opposed to playing man at corner and just cover your WR well.

imtad16

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 03:29:16 pm »

Also, Clay Henry just said Holy Sh*t on the radio.

LAHogKing

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 04:31:53 pm »

Interesting. Clay Henry says Buster is playing CB. He made a good point that he could actually play more at corner because of his athleticism and when you play safety you have the burden of being in the right place all the time as opposed to playing man at corner and just cover your WR well.
Not too surprised at that move. We have good depth at safety right now. Brown can help at CB since K-Rich is injured.

ballinhog

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2018, 04:37:06 pm »

Trying Brown at corner proves to me these coaches won’t put a player in position to fail. For 3-4 years I thought Josh Liddell was not a physical enough of a tackler to play safety, but he was athletic enough to move to corner and be very good.

Seems as if Montaric may be in that same boat, very athletic but not real physical. Not even 1/4 of the way through the first fall and the coaches already seems to have a better grasp on where players fit than the other staff, who after 4 years still thought Josh Liddell was a great safety. No matter how many times he got ran over, even by Texas A&M’s true freshman QB who pretty much took Liddel for a ride for 10+ yards on his long TD run last year.

Kudos to Coach Morris, Chief and the rest of the gang

bennyl08

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Ever since the war I've had a drinking problem
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2018, 08:22:26 pm »

Trying Brown at corner proves to me these coaches won’t put a player in position to fail. For 3-4 years I thought Josh Liddell was not a physical enough of a tackler to play safety, but he was athletic enough to move to corner and be very good.

Seems as if Montaric may be in that same boat, very athletic but not real physical. Not even 1/4 of the way through the first fall and the coaches already seems to have a better grasp on where players fit than the other staff, who after 4 years still thought Josh Liddell was a great safety. No matter how many times he got ran over, even by Texas A&M’s true freshman QB who pretty much took Liddel for a ride for 10+ yards on his long TD run last year.

Kudos to Coach Morris, Chief and the rest of the gang

Based on their HS video, I would say that Curl is significantly more athletic than Brown, and even Curl lacked the athleticism to be as good of a corner as he could be at S. He was a solid corner, but his ceiling is much lower there than at S. I would assume if anything, Brown would throw on another 20 pounds or something and move to LB more than CB. Though, as Toliver proved, you can not be super fast and still be a good collegiate cornerback. Similarly with Josh Norman in the NFL.

As for Liddell, he'd have had good athleticism for a CB, but his ceiling was best at S. Further, him playing was largely a matter of putting the best players we have on the field. If you want him at CB, who takes his spot at S that would be an upgrade, and who would he replace at CB, or would you have Liddell, who ran a 4.56 at the pro day on the bench?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas