• 9,923,172 Posts
• 399,166 Topics
• 22,881 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Otis on Ferrell  (Read 3699 times)

nwahogfan1

Otis on Ferrell
« on: August 07, 2018, 11:34:40 am »

What is his problem?   Will he come back soon?    Has it been discussed with him or with you that his best position would be on the OL?

Earth Hog Fan

Re: Otis on Ferrell
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2018, 11:58:05 am »

What is his problem?   Will he come back soon?    Has it been discussed with him or with you that his best position would be on the OL?

had micro fracture surgery

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...

nwahogfan1

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2018, 12:29:34 pm »

had micro fracture surgery

Thanks.  I wonder when he might return?   Also wonder about him switching sides of the ball?

urkillnmesmalls

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Experience: You get it just after you needed it!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2018, 12:51:54 pm »

Thanks.  I wonder when he might return?   Also wonder about him switching sides of the ball?

That's a procedure that a fair amount of athletes never recover fully from.  I'm betting there's no timeline at all, because that's "last ditch" type of surgery, and there's no way you want to rush coming back even slightly. 

Rock City Razorback

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2018, 04:16:53 pm »

"Thirteen studies describing 821 athletes were included in the analysis with an average follow-up of 42 months. Good or excellent results were reported in 67% of athletes with normal International Knee Documentation Committee (IKDC) scores in 80% and significant increase of Lysholm scores, Tegner activity scores, and Knee injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS) sports subscales. Return to sports was achieved in 66% at an average of 8 months after surgery, with return to competition at the preinjury level in 67%. Forty-nine percent of athletes continued to compete without change in level of play, while decreasing function was observed in 42% after 2 to 5 years."

Mike_e

• All-American Hogvillian
  • May the woo be with you
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2018, 04:30:22 pm »

"Thirteen studies describing 821 athletes were included in the analysis with an average follow-up of 42 months. Good or excellent results were reported in 67% of athletes with normal International Knee Documentation Committee (IKDC) scores in 80% and significant increase of Lysholm scores, Tegner activity scores, and Knee injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score (KOOS) sports subscales. Return to sports was achieved in 66% at an average of 8 months after surgery, with return to competition at the preinjury level in 67%. Forty-nine percent of athletes continued to compete without change in level of play, while decreasing function was observed in 42% after 2 to 5 years."

I love my Hogs. I also love them enough to let them go.

I hope he does what's best for him, now and for the rest of his life.

Otis Kirk

• Global Moderator
  • Senior
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2018, 04:35:33 pm »

His best spot was DT if he was healthy. With knee injuries you just never know how they will respond. If he is bothered in the future year once he returns then a move to offense might eventually make sense. It's easier to protect your knees on offense at least most of time though don't tell that to Chad Morris right now haha way OLM are falling over there. The kid could really run for his size. He will redshirt just have to see how his health is after the season etc.

liljo

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2018, 04:55:49 pm »

His best spot was DT if he was healthy. With knee injuries you just never know how they will respond. If he is bothered in the future year once he returns then a move to offense might eventually make sense. It's easier to protect your knees on offense at least most of time though don't tell that to Chad Morris right now haha way OLM are falling over there. The kid could really run for his size. He will redshirt just have to see how his health is after the season etc.

This is hugely disappointing. I'm a real fan of Billy Ferrell. I hope he and the doctors do absolutely everything right and that he is able to come back and play the game he loves.

I really felt like he would have found playing time this season as a true freshman.

Paul

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 06:07:30 pm »

was this an injury suffered while he was a Hog or a problem since high school?

tusked

• Clapton is god....but SRV was the big bang!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2018, 07:00:33 pm »

wait when did this happen?  I just read an article somewhere the 4th of july that he thought he'd play as a FR and now he's not playing and has a significant injury ?

the hogs really need some of these guys to pan out and maybe even exceed expectations.

Hollywood_HOGan45

• Hollywood could coach better than nutt.
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2018, 07:32:26 pm »

Injury bug biting hard again. Great.

rtr

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2018, 08:38:12 pm »

Are we snakebit or what?

Earth Hog Fan

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2018, 08:39:32 pm »

wait when did this happen?  I just read an article somewhere the 4th of july that he thought he'd play as a FR and now he's not playing and has a significant injury ?

the hogs really need some of these guys to pan out and maybe even exceed expectations.
Fordyce
Arkansas defensive line signee and former  standout Billy Ferrell won’t be 100 percent healthy when he arrives in Fayetteville, but the freak athlete doesn’t think it will be long before he is a full-go in summer workouts.

“I have mostly been just working to get my knee right,” Ferrell said. “I had micro fracture surgery in December and have just been doing therapy since then. The coaches told me when I get up there that I will do some more therapy to make sure I am 100 percent ready before I get on the field (for voluntary workouts) and start practicing with them.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/may/27/fordyces-ferrell-be-limited-early-thus-summer-arka/

liljo

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2018, 10:57:17 am »

Arkansas defensive line signee and former  standout Billy Ferrell won’t be 100 percent healthy when he arrives in Fayetteville, but the freak athlete doesn’t think it will be long before he is a full-go in summer workouts.

“I have mostly been just working to get my knee right,” Ferrell said. “I had micro fracture surgery in December and have just been doing therapy since then. The coaches told me when I get up there that I will do some more therapy to make sure I am 100 percent ready before I get on the field (for voluntary workouts) and start practicing with them.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/may/27/fordyces-ferrell-be-limited-early-thus-summer-arka/

Thanks for posting this. So it sounds like he is actually fairly well along in therapy. A redshirt year makes sense. I'd love to see him gain full health before he begins, for sure. Man, he can be a real force for Arkansas in the future, and make a lot of money later if he can just heal up.

Earth Hog Fan

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2018, 11:40:57 am »

Thanks for posting this. So it sounds like he is actually fairly well along in therapy. A redshirt year makes sense. I'd love to see him gain full health before he begins, for sure. Man, he can be a real force for Arkansas in the future, and make a lot of money later if he can just heal up.

Yes, he is further along and it has been 8 months since his operation/processor, with this in mind there maybe a very good chance that he may be able to play at the end of the season, possibly even a bowl game and still retain his red shirt year. This would be huge in giving him experience going into the 2019 season. Time will tell...

GO HOGS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas